• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

RPGam3r

I thought Destiny was one of the biggest let downs for me in gaming. I ended up selling it, which is very rare for me especially a collectors edition.

It had great gunplay and nothing else that I expect from Bungie.

So will I be back? Yeah sure why not, their comments and what I've seen so far give me high hopes.

Picking up the collectors day 1.

Still going back and forth on whether I need this or not. I don't but I know once it comes out I'm going to be annoyed I sold it off.

>______<

Already preordered the Digital Deluxe. For all the first ones faults I had a thoroughly enjoyable time with it and remains my most played game of all time (1,100+hrs), just overtaking CS:S. Holds a special place for me, especially the lore (which &#8211; when you took the time to read through it &#8211; was some of the best of any sci-fi game I'd played) and hopefully that will now be far more accessible.

More Destiny is what I wanted so the improvements, even if not enough for others, are more than enough for me. Can't wait to jump back in to that world.

Afrocious

I forgot I had this preordered at a GS for the beta access. I'll have to cancel it, or transfer it to another game. I'm going to sway away from this one for now. I think it might be better to wait and see what the reception is after two weeks or three.

Played a shit-ton of D1 on XB1, playing D2 seems to much of the same, I didn't get the feeling of a true sequel when playing the beta. I'm going to pass until its cheaper.

Norse

Depends on the solo story mode reviews. I couldn't get into D1 but am open to D2 if story mode is good.

ACR0019

Still trying to decide between the Digital Deluxe Edition or the Limited Edition I pre-ordered at Gamestop. Anyone else facing the same dilemma?

Still trying to decide between the Digital Deluxe Edition or the Limited Edition I pre-ordered at Gamestop. Anyone else facing the same dilemma?

Yes!
I'm honestly trying to find out which version offers the most. I actually have a preorder on a console I don't even want it for.

Talk about all the first world problems.

DAAAAMNNNNN!! Just realized it's really close! In my head it was only coming end October begining of November.

Goddamn, so much to play and so little time.

But yeah, LOVED Destiny 1 (first game on PS4), this one is mine Day 1.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
First i'll play beta version on PC and then will decide if i'll cancel my preorder or not. The first game was major disappointment for me, it was nothing more that a shallow shell of a really good game it could have been if it wasn't a co-op and MMO focused game with zero interesting and meaningfull single player and story content. Ultimately and overall it was the worst Bungie game ever made.

coughlanio

Already $100 down on PC. I won't pretend the first game was amazing in the classic sense of the word, but the 300+ hours I put in is some indication that it scratches a particular itch for me.

I don't preorder, but I will likely get it week 1, waiting a few days to make sure the reviews and impressions are positive. I only started playing Destiny 1 this year but I still got a huge mount of time and enjoyment out of it so if they can just emulate that gameplay into new areas then I should love D2.

Theorry

Looks like all games and servers unlock and go live at 12 am PST.
First the Hong Kong version i have would go live at 12 am HK time. But its changed to 12 am pst. Checked all versions and the all say 12 am PST now.

Tovarisc

gV5WZ3K.png

Will be rough few months.

Sidon

I do, preordered on PC this time (and I'll have a really hard time *not* double dipping).

I played Destiny until like 2 months ago or so, such a great zone out and / or comfort game.

Midas

Have I replied here already? Well, I'm buying. Can't believe that we'll get to play it in less than two weeks.

Seijuro

I will most likely get it, not sure though if digital or physical (cheaper); at launch or ir I wait a year to get a more complete package (like the Taken King for Destiny 1).

I don't preorder, but I will likely get it week 1, waiting a few days to make sure the reviews and impressions are positive. I only started playing Destiny 1 this year but I still got a huge mount of time and enjoyment out of it so if they can just emulate that gameplay into new areas then I should love D2.

I watched the leaked video in the thread last night and whilst the environments were new I couldn't see much that was "fresh".

I'm desperate for streamers to fire up their games so I can take an informed decision. My Destiny 1 crew are all hyped and I'm just not sure I can spend the time on the grind for a few new environments.

Not to say there aren't loads of changes but..... I just don't see them yet. A little sad to be honest.

Pjsprojects

PC version pre ordered.

PS4 version pre ordered(may buy a Pro if worth it).

X1 version waiting for cheapo version with all dlc in a couple of years.

jdstorm

Banned
I keep telling myself that i am going to wait until D2 Comet is announced and just buy that. Then i see trailers of Guardians jumping off high things and running through spinning platforms

I will most likely buy it in early October after i finish Yakuza Kiwami

Destiny is the type of game you will play so much that changing the disk will get annoying. Buy a Digital copy and then find a discounted LE later if you really want it.

I like how you think your opinion is fact.

I like how you talk.

Destiny is bringing the salt out of people's pores.

I liked D1. Kept me busy for a few months and money well spent. Nothing to be salty about with D2 before the game is in the wild.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
hoping the PC version doesn't suck. will play the beta next week and see how it runs on my system. if it sucks i'll get it on PS4. even if i do decide to get the PC version i am tempted to buy it on PS4 also because i don't know if i can wait until the end of October :( i could always just trade in the PS4 copy and put whatever i get for it towards the PC version but then that'd mean i'd lose all progress. really wish there was cross save.

That bit with the Speaker at the start of the launch trailer has me beyond hyped. Just counting down the days now, it's going to be phenomenal to have a whole new games worth of content to explore in the universe. If it launches at midnight then I'm not going to be getting much sleep for work the next day.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
We're in digital at my house. My son is super hyped.

He's also doing much better this year in school (they just started) so I'm happy he gets a reward if he keeps this up.

ookami

I am. Even though the story telling was non-existent at first I digged so much in the lore and loved it. The book of sorrow was such a great source after.

Nicodemic

Destiny is my number 1 game. I just love the universe and the lore, not to mention the gameplay.

I can see why it's not for everyone but personally, I'm having a lot of fun with all the activities and the loot chasing.

So, yeah, PS4 limited edition is pre-ordered and the PC standard version as well.

I have 3 days off from console release so it's gonna be an awesome game launch for me (if all goes well :p).

void666

Banned
Destiny was one of the most boring games I've ever played, so no way.

It boggles the mind how people pretend it's good.

To counter this shitposting i'll say again: I have both PC and PS4 deluxe editions pre-ordered.

No one is pretending. Destiny 1 was one of the, hell, probably THE funniest experience i've ever had in gaming with friends.

Call it destiny 2 or 1.5. DLC, expansion, whatever. I just want more destiny.

rpcdrag0n

I won't be at launch - might pick it up when the price drops if there is a decent chunk of single player campaign to go through.

Gonna give it a 2nd chance. Buying it on X1 this time around though because of my friends. Won’t bother with digital, just in case I hate it and want to sell it.

Top Bottom