• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

Breads

Banned
Hopefully tonights toonami episode will turn people around from the foolishness of the Strength episode.

I don't agree that it is worth quitting the series over but it is a black mark on everything that is Jojo and David Production deserves any flak it gets for adapting that the way it did.

Hopefully tonights toonami episode will turn people around from the foolishness of the Strength episode.

I don't agree that it is worth quitting the series over but it is a black mark on everything that is Jojo and David Production deserves any flak it gets for adapting that the way it did.
Strength is uncomfortable to most, but I wouldn't give up Jojo because of it. Now I'll admit the SDC didn't really leave me hyped for the next part, but DiU certainly delivered.

cntr

Banned
Ebony Devil is one of the best animated episodes, but yeah, definitely not one of the best fights. Not bad, mind, but not great either.

I do, because it was the first episode I remember people commenting that DavePro finally looked as if they had a budget now,
What? Did they like, miss the first episode?

Strength is uncomfortable to most, but I wouldn't give up Jojo because of it. Now I'll admit the SDC didn't really leave me hyped for the next part, but DiU certainly delivered.
The DiU anime adaptation is pretty bad. I guess you could argue that the all around lower quality fits the smaller scale story but it didn't work for me.

cntr

Banned
It's a rough adaptation, yeah. But they still managed to get most of DiU through, and people seemed to like it.

The DiU anime adaptation is pretty bad. I guess you could argue that the all around lower quality fits the smaller scale story but it didn't work for me.
Aside from SDC having better and more consistent art I preferred the story and characters in DiU. I just had more fun with that cast, villain and battles.

cntr

Banned
The way people complained about the issues in DiU was pretty annoying. Animation errors and bad drawings aren't important. The real issue with David Pro's DiU is that a lot of episodes had awful direction. Even RPS Kid went from being one of the most dynamic and fun fights in the series to 'whatever'.

(That's why nobody ever seriously complained about Battle Tendency's animation, even though it looked like garbage, because the direction was both consistent and very good.)

I really think RPS kid should have been scheduled out better or something. I think it was hyped up a lot, but didn't deliver. Highway Star on the other hand was good. Though funny enough some of the stuff that wasn't hyped I enjoyed a lot. Granted I do like the character focused eps. Battle Tendency was barely even animated though.

Aside from SDC having better and more consistent art I preferred the story and characters in DiU. I just had more fun with that cast, villain and battles.
That makes sense!

The way people complained about the issues in DiU was pretty annoying. Animation errors and bad drawings aren't important. The real issue with David Pro's DiU is that a lot of episodes had awful direction. Even RPS Kid went from being one of the most dynamic and fun fights in the series to 'whatever'.

(That's why nobody ever seriously complained about Battle Tendency's animation, even though it looked like garbage, because the direction was both consistent and very good.)
Yeah, I may have to go back and read the manga to see if I enjoy it more. It just seemed like it was missing a lot of the raw style that some of the earlier seasons had, despite how cool Josuke's hair is.

cntr

Banned
The bad direction mostly annoys me because, well, it's not something you can fix. I'd've been okay with Battle Tendency-tier animation if they'd got the directing right.

RPS Kid stings especially since that fight is an incredible piece of comics art. Like, I've actually used it as an example of comic panelling and flow.

I think the biggest offender was Kira's debut episode looking really bad. Of all the episodes to look over.

Even the Japanese fans were making memes out of QUALITY QUEEN.

Breads

Banned
I was pretty salty with killer queens reveal. Took me a day to correct the animation. What was their excuse?

Other than the base design as shown in the original key art, which was also garbage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man

next week on Toonami is gonna be RERORERORERORERORERORERORERO

One of the few moments I cannot wait to see on TV. Too bad we've got sooooo long until the Dio fight. God, I can't wait to see the dub for that.

I think it had some great direction that made the episodes with bad direction stand out alot more.

Like you said, RPS Kid deserved better.
Yes and yes.

That made episode 4 of Phantom Blood (the most fast-paced episode of them all, I think?) feel like a more consistent one, like damn

cntr

Banned
Yo, the French Jojolion logo is dope.
french_volume_1053ps7j.jpg

edit: Holy shit, they have custom logos for all the parts?

I don't know if this is perfect or if it's too much:

cntr

Banned
That logo is 1. a bit garish and colorful 2. but that's exactly how logos looked like back in the 90s.

So it's appropriate??

Ooh I like that.

Is the ova only on a DVD? I've seen some on yahoo auctions, but they seem to be DVD only. They're also, as expected, really expensive.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
How about...
Devilish Duties Delivered Dutifully Cost-free
It retains the meaning and can still be shortened to D4C.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, the OVA is DVD/BD-only.

iirc, only like a quarter of the population owns a computer in Japan, so it's pretty rare for them to offer downloads?

Well if it's DVD-only, that sucks because I was thinking about getting it if I found the BD on mandarake or yahoo for a decent price. Can't do much about dvds with the region coding. :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should probably be wary of the whole "never happens again" in the toonami thread guys.

De-aged Polnareff also isn't great.
Yeah, I was thinking of that, which is why I stated that it's never done again as fanservice, nor involving women (well, aside from the mother-like woman turning into a fetus, but that's it) & stated that it'll be censored this time around since Kill la Kill had similar nudity but brought out the digital paint to remove it, so I'm sure they'll do it for that part of the anime as well.

....boy, Part 3 had some questionable stuff, especially for a shonen magazine. Different cultures, I guess.

Grexeno

Naked Polnareff is basically the same thing as naked Goku in Dragonball, and the important thing is the camera doesn't leer on him like a creeper.

cntr

Banned
That's weird, yes, but it's not fucked up fanservice. There it's actually different cultural values and intentionally creepy, and understandable, rather than shit put in by creeper animators for their jollies.

Also, it'll be censored.

cntr

Banned
They censored the kid in Kill la Kill, so they'll probably do it again. Genitals are still one of the things American TV is a hard no to.

cntr

Banned
lol

I'm personally more concerned on whether they'd fanservice Part 6 up. I hope they don't, but stuff like Strength and Cinderella worries me.

Top Bottom