• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia announced for 3DS, Reimagining of FE Gaiden

Miker

Echoing (ha) other people's sentiments that the art is amazing. So, so much better than whatever the hell those redesigns for Heroes were.

Wow, this is random. I'm pretty amazed. I'm going to have enough to ride my Wii U and 3DS out another year.

Man, that's funny that Alm and Celica ended up getting amiibos released before Corrin did.

Yarbskoo

I need those amiibo.

Wow, this is random. I'm pretty amazed. I'm going to have enough to ride my Wii U and 3DS out another year.

Man, that's funny that Alm and Celica ended up getting amiibos released before Corrin did.

Figma Corrin and Nendoroid Corrin will probably be released before the amiibo.

wrowa

They already announced a new Switch Fire Emblem for 2018, so I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from. It'd obviously take a good chunk of work to bring this one over to Switch and I rather they spend those resources on a brand new FE.

Anyway, I claimed that I suffer from a bit of FE fatigue after Fates and wouldn't want a new Fire Emblem so soon. As it turns out, I was wrong. I'm hyped.

Also, crazy how quickly we'll get this after Japan.

I like the character design much more than the previous two, but female armors are still at eye rolling level.(it's not like the original is hard catch up or something, sigh...)

KAL2006

Banned
Switch is not replacing 3ds, not sure why some think it is.

Fire Emblem game hasn't come out on a Wii U. And the Wii game was just a GameCube game that got moved over to the Wii.

So far we have many games that usually come out on handhelds set for Switch on 2018
- New JRPG by Bravely Default team
- New Fire Emblem
- New Shin Megami Tensei

I agree Switch at its current state will not replace 3DS. However once Switch bits $200 price range it will replace 3DS. I'd give it until fall 2018 before it hits $200 or at the least $250 with a game bundled.

-shadow-

Never thought we'd be getting a remake of the NES game after the DS game bombed as hard as it did. Really happy this is happening!
And please for heaven sake Treehouse keep it accurate this time.

TrutaS

Nice, early sendoff for Fire Emblem on the 3DS. Apart from the logo and crappy slideshow background story, the game looked interesting.

Weebos

Banned
Totally excited for this, very unexpected.

It's like some of you have never seen a console generation transition before.

Mediking

They already announced a new Switch Fire Emblem for 2018, so I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from.

Anyway, I claimed that I suffer from a bit of FE fatigue after Fates and wouldn't want a new Fire Emblem so soon. As it turns out, I was wrong. I'm hyped.

Also, crazy how quickly we'll get this after Japan.

Switch needs more games. Its just that simple. Throw a HD coat on it and let Switch buyers get it.

Damn, 3DS.... I love that handheld but I'm so done with it.

EDarkness

Argh! Too close the the NS launch so I can't get it day one. I'll definitely be picking it up soon after, though. Damn, March is gonna be a hard month on the wallet.

-MB-

???
So why the fuck is the Switch portable and marketed as such?

It's pretty obvious they are keepign 3DS alive and well for the time being, just in case Switch does not catch on.
Because it be bad if they abandoned it, 3dS sales drop, and then have Switch fail. They would have nothing to fall back on in that case.

Because there is absolutely no reason this game can't come out for the 300 dollar machine they are releasing in March? The one with an incredible thin lineup? The same system that will have another Fire Emblem game this fall on Switch and 3ds? So why not? It's completely asinine an really shows how out of touch they are with their own fanbase.
Exactly. It defeats the entire purpose of the Switch's existence if it's not going to get the full Nintendo software lineup.

If they want to keep supporting the 3DS, sure, I get it. But it makes zero sense that this isn't also coming to Switch.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
But the Switch is getting the next mainline version exclusively.

Seriously this. 3DS isn't something you just drop with it's install base, but it is getting a remake, not a totally new title.

It's great for the rest of the world because it's new for us, but really look at the big picture. Switch is the main, 3DS is the supplement.

For some reason I got scared it was an eShop only release. Thankfully I must have just got confused, my 3DS can't even finish updating Smash or Animal Crossing at this point.

jackal27

Banned
I absolutely love Fire Emblem Gaiden, so I am unbelievably hyped for this. It's kind of a weirdo within the franchise and it looks like they're using that to explore some new gameplay things!

Super cool that this announcement just came out of nowhere, and that it's coming out so soon! Would have been nice if it was also coming to Switch, but hey I'll take what I can get.

ReaperXL7

Because there is absolutely no reason this game can't come out for the 300 dollar machine they are releasing in March? The one with an incredible thin lineup? The same system that will have another Fire Emblem game this fall on Switch and 3ds? So why not? It's completely asinine an really shows how out of touch they are with their own fanbase.

Nintendo clearly has no clue what they are doing anymore as evidenced by much of the information and news that has come out after the Switch unveiling. Continuing their history of splitting their focus between two machines seems to be what's going to happen and the Switch will suffer because of it.

Think I'll hold off on buying the Switch until after its around $150.

C2fD_g4UkAAQL4U.png:large

C2fEJU8VQAAGJop.jpg

13ruce

Banned
It's pretty obvious they are keepign 3DS alive and well for the time being, just in case Switch does not catch on.
Because it be bad if they abandoned it, 3dS sales drop, and then have Switch fail. They would have nothing to fall back on in that case.

Was the point of the Switch not to unify new games? Even if games still come to 3ds there should be a port for switch too. If the switch fails they can just release a cheaper switch mini handheld sku later on.

Thrilled for this! Now that Fire Emblem's a big deal, it makes sense to revisit the series' biggest misstep and improve upon it.

I wonder if we'll receive remakes for the SNES games?

Seriously this. 3DS isn't something you just drop with it's install base, but it is getting a remake, not a totally new title.

It's great for the rest of the world because it's new for us, but really look at the big picture. Switch is the main, 3DS is the supplement.
Yeah, exactly

Not to mention it was probably very easy for them to use this engine on the 3DS after awakening and fates vs adapting it for the Switch

I don't understand why people are so shocked that there are still going to be 3DS games

There were still DS games after the 3DS launched, there were still GBA games after the DS launched, there were still GBC games after the GBA launched

this shouldn't be shocking to anyone

If they want to keep supporting the 3DS, sure, I get it. But it makes zero sense that this isn't also coming to Switch.

This is valid criticism, I think. Nintendo should definitely be publishing all of their software on Switch, even upcoming 3DS titles. Maybe they think some consumers will see those games as lower-quality or something, but it's still disappointing to see it happening. The new Mario Sports game, for example, would be great to have on both platforms.

Top Bottom