• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Udemy courses on sale for $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hmm... maybe time to finally tackle accounting. Somehow dodged this in uni but it's coming around to bite me. Damn, lots of choices though. Most are normally 200 bucks... 15 is quite a discount.

Ovid

So once I purchase it will be available forever?

The the reason why I ask is because I'm in school right and won't have time to complete it.

I'll have time over the summer though.

Cohsae

For anyone interested in photography I strongly recommend Adam Marelli's "Room for improvement" series. He teaches composition far better than any online course I've found, because he teaches it from the perspective of someone who studied classical arts for years, and shows how to apply the lessons that painters have learned over centuries to photography.

Evolved1

I looked around a bit, and searched terms like "administrative assistant", etc... but no luck.

I find myself in an office environment, which I never anticipated (I majored in science) and it seems this is my career now. Never expected this, really, but I'm being fast-tracked for management. I'm a little uncomfortable though. Currently being asked to perform tasks more in line with an AA or office clerk than what I'm used to. While I'm not making mistakes, I'm constantly worried about screwing up little office etiquette things... like am I folding this damn letter correctly, or formatting the text appropriately, etc.

Any recommendations on a brush-up course in this area? For my own peace of mind.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I looked around a bit, and searched terms like "administrative assistant", etc... but no luck.

I find myself in an office environment, which I never anticipated (I majored in science) and it seems this is my career now. Never expected this, really, but I'm being fast-tracked for management. I'm a little uncomfortable though. Currently being asked to perform tasks more in line with an AA or office clerk than what I'm used to. While I'm not making mistakes, I'm constantly worried about screwing up little office etiquette things... like am I folding this damn letter correctly, or formatting the text appropriately, etc.

Any recommendations on a brush-up course in this area? For my own peace of mind.

Relaxation Techniques to Release Office Stress. I mean you're literally concerned if you're folding paper correctly. You might want to start with this first.

oxrock

READ THIS:
At checkout, add "CHANGEIT" as coupon to get an additional $5 off of each purchase, making course prices effectively 10 bucks.

Thanks, added this and 2 others to the OP so more can see it and save.

Evolved1

Damn missed that discount... would've paid for a whole other course!

Maybe I'll do two more.

Chuy

Think i'll try some courses over c++ and python as a refresher and possible graphic design since I've always been interested in trying it. Recommended courses for these? Also if I finish a course I can always retake it correct?

I was waiting for these to be on sale again.

I see some programming things that have been recommended which is awesome. Any courses people recommend?

Simplet

I would like to second that question by someone about statistics :p

Also interested in data science for research and natural language processing if anyone has any suggestions

Oscar

Bought:

- Complete Python Bootcamp
- Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R
- The Web Developer Bootcamp
- CompTIA Network+ Cert
- The Unreal Engine Developer Course C++

$50.

Excited to dive in these, gonna start with Python.

capawe

Neo Member
Thankyou for the 2 coupon codes, I picked up:
- Javascript: Understanding the Weird Parts
- The Complete Python Web Course
- Learn Node JS
- GraphQL with React

I have completed The Complete React web app Course and I will second the recommendation from earlier, it is a great course and a good introduction to React and also testing languages. For those that completed it, Andrew Mead has uploaded another React course the combines React with Meteor that I am working my way through right now.

What's a good course for learning sequel (I think it's actually called SQL? Not too sure.)
https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-sql-bootcamp/
This is the most popular SQL course on the site, I haven't done it myself but if I was looking at learning SQL I would pick that one.

jwk94

https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-sql-bootcamp/
This is the most popular SQL course on the site, I haven't done it myself but if I was looking at learning SQL I would pick that one.

interesting. Right now I'm trying to decide between that one and these two:

https://www.udemy.com/sql-for-newbs/
https://www.udemy.com/introduction-to-databases-and-sql-querying/

Seems like The Complete SQL Bootcamp has the second most review among the three, but SQL For Newbs seems to be more about teaching the concepts and how to apply them.

I might just pick up two of em.

Grug

Bit of advice would be great. I just bought these four.

-The Complete Java Developer Course. Learn Step by Step

- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python

- Learn to Code by Making Games - Complete C# Unity Developer

This isn't really a career oriented purchase, I am happy being an English & History teacher. That said, I enjoy learning and have fond memories of coding at school in pitiful languages like Basic and Pascal. Obviously this is a much bigger step.

Any suggestion on what order I should best attack these in as a fun learning exercise? I know it's a random assortment but will any principles and fundamentals in a particular one of these serve me well in the others?

Tristam

Bit of advice would be great. I just bought these four.

-The Complete Java Developer Course. Learn Step by Step

- Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python

- Learn to Code by Making Games - Complete C# Unity Developer

This isn't really a career oriented purchase, I am happy being an English & History teacher. That said, I enjoy learning and have fond memories of coding at school in pitiful languages like Basic and Pascal. Obviously this is a much bigger step.

Any suggestion on what order I should best attack these in as a fun learning exercise? I know it's a random assortment but will any principles and fundamentals in a particular one of these serve me well in the others?

Python is probably the friendliest language for coding novices, and it appears that Python Bootcamp course largely focuses on learning 'pure' programming concepts - i.e. you don't also need to learn the programming interface of anything beyond a command-line environment (and the programming interface for a command-line environment is basically just a print() function). Then I would do the Java course, followed by the C# Unity Developer course. (I suggest this route because Java is extremely similar to C#, but again the Java course is focused more on pure programming fundamentals without a huge framework--Unity--to learn simultaneously.) I would top it off with the web developer bootcamp.

Grug

Python is probably the friendliest language for coding novices, and it appears that Python Bootcamp course largely focuses on learning 'pure' programming concepts - i.e. you don't also need to learn the programming interface of anything beyond a command-line environment (and the programming interface for a command-line environment is basically just a print() function). Then I would do the Java course, followed by the C# Unity Developer course. (I suggest this route because Java is extremely similar to C#, but again the Java course is focused more on pure programming fundamentals without a huge framework--Unity--to learn simultaneously.) I would top it off with the web developer bootcamp.

Thank you. Sounds like a plan!

oxrock

Nobody answered before :/ Is the Unity cert thing worth it? Is it part of the package etc?

Unity cert is not part of the package. You have to take an exam through Unity and they charge like $150 to take it IIRC. As to its value, I couldn't say. I would like to know myself what it's worth. Being I'm self taught in everything, I just thought it'd be nice to have some kind of paper in my hand I guess.

i-Lo

So yesterday, before logging in the base price was $19 (Canadian) but after logging in it was $15. Today, the prices for each are showing up as $19 even after logging in but when it's moved to cart, the price drops to C$15 and UNFORTUNATELY, the CHANGEIT discount doesn't work because another one is already applied to it which if removed and then replaced with CHHANGEIT brings the price to C$15 instead of C$19. Thus my Canadian brethren, our lowest price is $15.

kubev

Is there a good beginner's C# course that falls under this deal?

Never mind. I picked up the beginner's course that's in the same series as the advanced one listed in the OT, as well as the other two. Great deal.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Good opportunity to get back into Spanish and SPSS. Thanks OP.

i-Lo

No. of courses enrolled in: 17 (paid)
Amount paid: CAD $255
Saved: CAD $2100

Now, let's see if it was worth all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom