• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Netflix Videogame Adaptations Would You Like to See?

I've said this a million times, but Skullgirls needs to be an animated series.

Peacock and Ms. Fortune's personalities deserve it and please keep the same voice actors.

9173-full-throttle-dos-front-cover.jpg

Ripe for adaptation.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd like to see a competently told Metroid story.

Also, fuck all this FF7 nonsense. I want a Final Fantasy VI show.

Floody

I'd love something set in either the Bloodborne or Horizon Zero Dawn worlds, not direct adaptations though (wouldn't mind, just prefer it not to be), Bloodborne being about Ludwig, Gehrman, Maria, Lawrence and co in their prime or HZD being somewhere else in the world. I'd imagine both would be insanely expensive though.

Greddleok

I'm generally against video game adaptions, most of what I love about games is that they're nothing like TV or movies.

That said, I would give an animated version of the Metroid comic. I think the story is interesting and the comic is pretty well done.

Bloodborne: The Vileblood Hunt - Sidestory about Marty logarius quest to hunt the Vileblood

Dark Souls: Praise The Sun - Origin story of the Sun bros

Demon's Souls: The Forgotten Archstones - Side story of the broken archstones

Ushay

Witcher is already in the pipeline. I think Deus Ex or Halo would make for great storytelling if done right.

TannerDemoz

Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi's a beaten NYC cop down on his luck. After spending all of his money on scratch cards he ends up winning a mansion, but something ain't right.

He's gonna need his badge – and his gun – to fix things for good.

No one lives forever adaption could be really fun. Not following the literal story 100% but just the parody style and humor. I think some humor is needed to make something like this too work and actually be good.

KdotIX

I know a lot of people said MGS - I second that opinion, would be great to see a live action version of it.

Splinter Cell would be great too - but aren't they doing that as a movie?

I would also like to see Max Payne show, I think it lends itself well to the TV format.

GoldStarz

Silent Hill could be a hit, but probably too similar to Stranger Things

I don't really see how they're similar at all. Silent Hill is about a mostly abandoned town that's filled with psychological horrors, Stranger Things is about
a small town in the middle of nowhere being put under attack by a single monster that shifts through its dimension and ours to hunt and feed itself

Kyonashi

I want a rotoscoped Hotel Dusk/Last Window noir mystery series on Netflix with Kyle Hyde on the road uncovering crimes while soft jazz plays.

Kanann

Suikoden mini series animation
27 episode 27 true runes back stories.
If popular enough, season 2 will be about some major war involve runes.

Wild Arms
Spagetti western with super robot mechas and elves and magic.

Nier
12 episode, but 5 endings, protagonist die every ending.

Shin Megami Tensei
Rise of the planet of demons, dawn of the planet of demons, war of the planet of demons.
Featureing Stephen Hawking as STEVEN.

Persona
Protagonist use power of Persona to become serious criminal, he/she dig him/herself deeper until the police catch him/her. End like death note, pathetic.

Dragon Quest
Weird guy dragging coffin everywhere he goes, inside is hundred of weapons and powerful waifu for killing demons and help people.

Ouroboros

I'd love Legacy of Kain, but 1) that would be another vampire anime on Netflix, and 2) would anime look weird with LoK's story? I wouldn't mind it, but I'm sure many fans wouldn't take kindly to that art direction.

My second choice would be Star Fox. I really enjoyed that short Nintendo threw on youtube before that one game I can't remember came out for that system that everyone bought.

Thirdly would be FF7 in an anime style or FF6 in full animated Amano style. Ugh.

Mephala

Tactics Ogre
Politics, drama, action, medieval and fantasy.

Deus Ex
Sci-fi setting with lots of morally gray problems. Maybe some GiTS influences here and there.

Shadowrun
Science fiction blended with fantasy. The world is at an odd place with the returning of magic and fantasy creatures, all the governments and superpowers changing, the advance of technology is also charging ahead. So many interesting developments with all the typical human drama including racism, corruption, greed, criminal activities etc.

Donos

I would be shocked if a Horizon Zero Dawn movie isn't announced in the next two years. That is easily tranported into a movie. SciFi with female lead and robo dinos (Jurassic Park x Transformers x Mad Max)... PG-13

Metal Gear, but that would be kind of to crazy. 15 years ago, yeah but nowadays ...

Mentok

Banned
The two that instantly come to mind are Wild Arms and W101. I think the characters and settings would be perfect for adaptation.

Harlequin

EDIT: These should be either live action or 3D-animated films/shows, though. Not anime.

Heavenly Sword
Great storytelling, fascinating setting, engaging characters, mesmerising visuals. Heavenly Sword would be a great fit for a film or TV show. (And yeah, I know that there's already an animated Heavenly Sword film out there but that one is absolutely terrible and doesn't do the source material justice.)

Classic Tomb Raider
I've been thinking for a while now that you could make a great TV show based around the classic Tomb Raider games. Keep classic Lara's background intact, maybe have some childhood flashbacks to show how she never really fit in and her stuck-up aristocrat parents never really understood her, then document how she came to reject their lifestyle, got disowned and started travelling the globe in search of adventure. Oh and they should actually set the whole thing in the 80s/90s (with the childhood flashbacks taking place in the 70s, obviously) instead of trying to modernise it. Not sure how much of the game's actual storylines they should adapt, though. Most of them probably aren't a good fit for a TV show. I guess TR1's storyline could work with some significant changes, TR2's and 3's probably wouldn't but TR4 and AoD almost definitely would (again, with some changes). You could maybe do one adventure/treasure hunt per season so it'd be like:

Season 1: Childhood, plane crash, getting disowned, searching for the Scion (TR1).
Season 2: Some original adventure that wasn't in any of the games. (Maybe expand one of the flashback stories from TR5?)
Season 3: Unleashing and then trying to stop Seth (TR4).
Season 4: Running from the police and hunting the Cabal (AoD).

The Technomancer
This game has an incredibly interesting setting which you could do a whole lot of awesome stuff with. It wouldn't even necessarily have to follow the game's story (though the game's story isn't bad), there are a lot of different stories that could be told in Technomancer's world.

inki

Off the top of my head I think an adult (similar to Castlevania - Anime or Live action) version of Metroid and Blaster Master would be really cool.

Blaster Master done Ala stranger things or Super 8 would be pretty awesome.

Metroid done as a Sci-Fi horror/thriller would be AMAZING.

Top Bottom