• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

The
Mickey Mouse Jason voice
is amazing, I heard it in a twitch stream the other day and could not stop laughing at how amazing it was.

Ensoul

Have a $20.00 gift card so it will only cost me $20.00 out of pocket. I am tempted but I have concerns about the shelf life of this game. Game looks fun but I am torn.

Majora

Servers just went down for me and my friend on PS4 anyone else having issues?

Yeah seems to be having server issues at the moment.

When I can get into a game I have a bit of fun, even though I'm still not entirely sure I know what I'm doing. But actually getting into a game can be a really slow process.

Really wish this had a proper tutorial. I found a walkie talkie in one of my last games and didn't have a clue what to do with it. I notice there are controls for stuff like dodging in the options menu but when the game never explains it or gives you a chance to try it out in a non-pressured environment, who's going to risk trying to dodge and dying immediately?

Mengetsu

Yeah seems to be having server issues at the moment.

When I can get into a game I have a bit of fun, even though I'm still not entirely sure I know what I'm doing. But actually getting into a game can be a really slow process.

Really wish this had a proper tutorial. I found a walkie talkie in one of my last games and didn't have a clue what to do with it. I notice there are controls for stuff like dodging in the options menu but when the game never explains it or gives you a chance to try it out in a non-pressured environment, who's going to risk trying to dodge and dying immediately?
I noticed the game on the PS4 doesn't have the How To Play section like the PC version does. This would help quite a bit.

The walkie is for chatting with others in the game who found one as well for communication.

B-Dex

Managed to get to the main menu twice on PS4. Errorred out trying to find a game and while trying to roll a perk.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
lol I have no idea what I'm doing. I gotta figure out how to find objectives and stuff. I've just been hiding for the most part.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

okay so a few questions since i am on the fence on this one:

multiplayer only game- have they mentioned anything about maybe single player content? they can cover so many scenarios from the films..it would be amazing

from what you guys have played so far, how do you feel about jumping back into multiple matches? is it fun enough to the point that you actually want to keep playing? i'm thinking is only live being jason..how do the counselors hold up?

thanks boys

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
okay so a few questions since i am on the fence on this one:

multiplayer only game- have they mentioned anything about maybe single player content? they can cover so many scenarios from the films..it would be amazing

from what you guys have played so far, how do you feel about jumping back into multiple matches? is it fun enough to the point that you actually want to keep playing? i'm thinking is only live being jason..how do the counselors hold up?

thanks boys
Single player challenge missions and bots are coming later this year as a free update.

I played from 11:30pm last night to 4:30am. Loved every second. There are some obvious flaws and glitches, but the core gameplay is so much fun imo that I can deal with them.

Playing as a counselor has the higher learning curve of course, but I find surviving, and outwitting Jason to be an even more gratifying rush than stalking them as Jason.

Single player challenge missions and bots are coming later this year as a free update.

I played from 11:30pm last night to 4:30am. Loved every second. There are some obvious flaws and glitches, but the core gameplay is so much fun imo that I can deal with them.

Playing as a counselor has the higher learning curve of course, but I find surviving, and outwitting Jason to be an even more gratifying rush than stalking them as Jason.

awesome to hear man..and in terms of animations (for jason)..i'm sure u haven't seen much since it just came out,but do u see a lot of repetition or is there some sort of leveling system that unlocks stuff?

oh and most importantly..they can't kill jason right? so how the hell do you win?

and level variety? how many come with?

jtrov

Was able to play 4 games before having to leave and run some errands, but my god is at exactly what I was hoping for. The streams the past couple days confirmed my hopes, but being able to experience it first hand really cemented it for me.

The lobby I was in was full of people using their mics which was a pleasant surprise. I hope that happens more often than not, because it just adds a layer to the experience when you hear honest reactions to what is happening and coordinating tasks.

Really can't wait to get home and play more. Hope the server issues are fixed by the time I get home (took 15 mins to find a match). If anyone wants to add me on PSN my tag is JTROV. Definitely would like to get some GAF lobbies going.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
awesome to hear man..and in terms of animations (for jason)..i'm sure u haven't seen much since it just came out,but do u see a lot of repetition or is there some sort of leveling system that unlocks stuff?

oh and most importantly..they can't kill jason right? so how the hell do you win?
There are quite a few different executions Jason can pull off, and those have the best animations in the game, but even then some are janky.

There's a leveling system that unlocks new clothing for counselors, new counselors, and new Jasons.

Counselors spend their time looting cabins and have a few different ways to win.
1) Escape in one of two cars by finding the battery, keys, and gasoline.
2) Escape by boat by finding the parts to fix it.
3) Find a fuse and repair the phone box and call the police, who arrive in one of two locations after 5 minutes, at which point you have to run to them.
4) Survive for 20 minutes.
5) Kill Jason. There are a few steps you have to take which I won't spoil. But if you're a fan of the films, you can figure it out :p

There are three maps. Crystal Lake is an amalgamation of the movies. Packanack Lodge is part 2. Higgins Haven is Part 3. They've talked about adding more maps in the future, but it all depends on how successful the game is.

The Jasons in the game are Part 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and a new Jason designed by Tom Savini, which was only available to backers on Kickstarter at a certain tier, and as a separate purchase on Backerkit.

There are quite a few different executions Jason can pull off, and those have the best animations in the game, but even then some are janky.

There's a leveling system that unlocks new clothing for counselors, new counselors, and new Jasons.

Counselors spend their time looting cabins and have a few different ways to win.
3) Find a fuse and repair the phone box and call the police, who arrive in one of two locations after 5 minutes, at which point you have to run to them.
5) Kill Jason. There are a few steps you have to take which I won't spoil. But if you're a fan of the films, you can figure it out :p

dude you sold me.add me on psn chrisone2 if u play there.its on!!!

Tom Nook

There are three maps. Crystal Lake is an amalgamation of the movies. Packanack Lodge is part 2. Higgins Haven is Part 3. They've talked about adding more maps in the future, but it all depends on how successful the game is.

The Jasons in the game are Part 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and a new Jason designed by Tom Savini, which was only available to backers on Kickstarter at a certain tier, and as a separate purchase on Backerkit.

That's awesome.

Can Jason be played by the computer?

Top Bottom