• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Movie with Narration

theaface

FALLEN

41SMT52R1YL._SY445_.jpg

I want to tell you about the time I almost died...

Grug

The Blade Runner theatrical cut voiceovers are a crime.

When I hear people say they prefer it, I f feel like it's the perfect example of how a subjective opinion can actually (paradoxically) be wrong.

Dommo

I think it adds to the thought process. I'm a fan of it. It fills in gaps. Now being a fan of the original release and then watching the numerous other versions without the narration, even though it's not present you are gifted with the knowledge of information.

I don't mind the narration of Blade Runner on principle, and there are even a few nuggets of additional insight there, but it's so clearly tacked on by a writing team that didn't give a shit, and a Harrison Ford who couldn't be less enthused/interested in the material.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Apocalypse Now

One of the very few movie narrations that actually works. It's simple and effective and captures the mood of the film perfectly.

Everybody wanted me to do it, him most of all. I felt like he was up there, waiting for me to take the pain away. He just wanted to go out like a soldier, standing up, not like some poor, wasted, rag-assed renegade. Even the jungle wanted him dead, and that's who he really took his orders from anyway.

One of the very few movie narrations that actually works. It's simple and effective and captures the mood of the film perfectly.

Everybody wanted me to do it, him most of all. I felt like he was up there, waiting for me to take the pain away. He just wanted to go out like a soldier, standing up, not like some poor, wasted, rag-assed renegade. Even the jungle wanted him dead, and that's who he really took his orders from anyway.

Yeah, I mean the thread title (Best movie with narration) and Opening Post (Best narration in a movie) mean two different things, so I don't know what the OP meant (I'm guessing the latter), but the answer is Apocalypse Now either way.

Window

A lot of the good ones have already been named but I'd like to mention the brief moments of narration in Taxi Driver and somewhat similar narration in Catch Me If You Can. Radio Days' narration is one of the most affecting.

Edit: And The Beach. I guess I just like DiCaprio narrations.

Elf (Bob Newhart for most of the beginning of the movie)

The Princess Bride (Peter Faulk)

^ they aren't consistent narrators though; they jump in and out between scenes and mostly disappear as the pace picks up. Then they pop back in at the end.

Bleepey

You liked Narcos right? Here was the S1 showrunner's dress rehearsal and the best Judge Dredd movie ever (yes it's better than Dredd).

915Aja1W%2BCL._SY445_.jpg

The_Elite_Squad_2.jpg

Top Bottom