• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

Shahadan

I hate the art and all the characters. Also their stupid annoying voices in any language.

Still buying it for the actual gameplay but tbh I almost decided not to.

Guessing it wasn't a midnight release on the US store?

Ah well will download it tonight instead. On the plus side managed to get a US $35 gift card for £26 so that's Puyo Puyo Tetris and Kamiko paid for and saved myself a tenner in the process :D

Actually tempted to get a Switch for this and Mario Kart (have already finished Zelda on Wii U)
But I do have a PS4. I wish there was an English Vita version

DKL

Based on how long me and my friend cracked out on the JPN demo over the weekend, I'm under the impression that this is the actual best fighting game coming out this year.

That said, I'm 20-30 years behind the meta or something and we had no idea what we were doing :v

Puyo Nexus has that chain simulator thing that I'm probably gonna mess around with at some point.

Raitaro

Pre ordered my copy from amazon uk for the switch. I hope it comes as amazon store says Currently unavailable.

Yeah, I just checked there myself and came away a bit confused why this is. Was the physical Switch release in Europe a limited release (as well) in any way? Maybe for this game I should stick to digital.

XaosWolf

£17.99 for this on ps4 if you have prime couldn't say no at that price and the gb quick look sold it to me.

Which Quick Look? If you want to kill some more time before it arrives then they did one 2 years back for the JP release.

It's why I've been calling Ai "Dr Dog the Dog Doctor"

correojon

Sucks we´re getting this the same day as MK8D in EU. I´ll buy both, but I´m going to have a real hard time convincing my GF that the new Battle Mode in MK8D doesn´t suck and we should give it a try instead of engaing in "best of 100" PuyoTetris battles XD

XaosWolf

They did a new one with the English ps4 version.

I know. Just making sure you weren't missing out on their other PPT quicklook. =)
Need to watch the new one tonight. The EZA stream was great too!

Sucks we´re getting this the same day as MK8D in EU. I´ll buy both, but I´m going to have a real hard time convincing my GF that the new Battle Mode in MK8D doesn´t suck and we should give it a try instead of engaing in "best of 100" PuyoTetris battles XD

Isn't it the 27th? Or did they split up Europe again and just some on the 28th.

Pachimari

I should get rid of my Asian copy and buy the English one soon. Might as well throw it in the trash, as nobody will be wanting to buy the Asian version now.

Terrorblot

My copy is in state but not "out for delivery" yet. Really hope I get this game today so when I get home from work I can curl up and bed and play under the covers :3

delaneya

Yeah, I just checked there myself and came away a bit confused why this is. Was the physical Switch release in Europe a limited release (as well) in any way? Maybe for this game I should stick to digital.

Maybe that or maybe there sold out. Would be interesting to know.

delaneya

From amazon its self. "This item ordered is a little more difficult to source from our suppliers, so we can’t predict how long it’ll take to arrive. "

If I do get the game it will be the first time a pre order has been worth it.

Cerium

This whole releasing at noon is so idiotic.

Also while I'm bitching about the eShop a user-rating system would be nice.

They need to work on content discovery (the library is expanding rapidly and games are getting buried) and some god damn background music.

Raitaro

From amazon its self. "This item ordered is a little more difficult to source from our suppliers, so we can’t predict how long it’ll take to arrive. "

If I do get the game it will be the first time a pre order has been worth it.

Thanks for that additional info. Fingers crossed you'll end up getting it.

A bit off-topic but relevant for puzzle game fans perhaps, hence why I put it here: have any of you followed or even backed the current or previous (unsuccesful) Kickstarter for Super Plexis, or know about this game? I just found out about this project myself but it seems like not many people are talking about it, which might result in a second unsuccesful campaign.

To me it looks like it could end up being a well made and well animated 16-bit style indie version of Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon, which imo is something any puzzle game fan should potentially care about (especially since Nintendo isn't doing much with the IP themselves, save for that unlockable minigame in the updated Animal Crossing: New Leaf that should be released on the eshop separately if you ask me).

They're currently at just over 3,200 dollars out of their 6,000 goal with 11 days to go so the chance that they'll reach the necessary 20,000 for a Switch version seems unlikely, which sucks for me as I would not be really interested in this game on iOS or Android per se.

Anyway, maybe this should go into a separate thread if I wasn't too insecure to start one. To be clear, I'm not vouching for this game in any way but I did think it looks decent enough to bring it people's attention.

Going to buy this to play with my wife. She's been playing Dr Mario for ages now and she's ready for the next step :p

I'm going to get wrecked.

They need to work on content discovery (the library is expanding rapidly and games are getting buried) and some god damn background music.

I'm sure we'll get a big OS update, like the Wii U had with folders and such. But yeah, that's an issue... I miss hearing music in the eShop...

Thanks for that additional info. Fingers crossed you'll end up getting it.

A bit off-topic but relevant for puzzle game fans perhaps, hence why I put it here: have any of you followed or even backed the current or previous (unsuccesful) Kickstarter for Super Plexis, or know about this game? I just found out about this project myself but it seems like not many people are talking about it, which might result in a second unsuccesful campaign.

To me it looks like it could end up being a well made and well animated 16-bit style indie version of Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon, which imo is something any puzzle game fan should potentially care about (especially since Nintendo isn't doing much with the IP themselves, save for that unlockable minigame in the updated Animal Crossing: New Leaf that should be released on the eshop separately if you ask me).

They're currently at just over 3,200 dollars out of their 6,000 goal with 11 days to go so the chance that they'll reach the necessary 20,000 for a Switch version seems unlikely, which sucks for me as I would not be really interested in this game on iOS or Android per se.

Anyway, maybe this should go into a separate thread if I wasn't too insecure to start one. To be clear, I'm not vouching for this game in any way but I did think it looks decent enough to bring it people's attention.

Stopped reading at "Panel de Pon"'. This looks great!

Raitaro

Stopped reading at "Panel de Pon"'. This looks great!

Yeah, I was quite amazed by it myself. Weird how not more people have picked up on this game.

I have to wonder though if the panel tile set they use - or the general gameplay itself - is actually copyrighted by Nintendo / HAL or not. I mean, at first glance it looks very similar to Panel de Pon even if they have an adventure mode and original characters and whatnot. Not that that is a bad thing per se, I just wonder if we'll see another take down notice at some point.

fernoca

This whole releasing at noon is so idiotic.

Also while I'm bitching about the eShop a user-rating system would be nice.
At least it is at a set time, so you know it will be there at 9AM PST sharp. Unlike some other digital storefront that updates Tuesdays...before midnight of the other day. Though this game is not releasing digitally over there. :p

Lkr

i didn't receive a call from gamestop that my preorder was in. do they only do that for bigger titles or did they stop making calls altogether? iirc they used to call the night before something came out but i do most of my orders on amazon now so i don't know what to expect

FaintDeftone

i didn't receive a call from gamestop that my preorder was in. do they only do that for bigger titles or did they stop making calls altogether? iirc they used to call the night before something came out but i do most of my orders on amazon now so i don't know what to expect

I didn't get a call either. I put my preorder in yesterday afternoon after I dropped by and did some trades. I asked if they still had the editions with the keychains and the employee told me they haven't even gotten the game in yet. So I'm slightly concerned.

Didn't stop them from taking my money though.

ummm... what's going on with their page for this? I refresh it and it changes the price from $29.99 to $39.99... I keep refreshing and eventually it goes back to $29.99 and then BACK to $39.99....

Don't tell me they're last minute changing the price on this to $39.99...

You're correct shows 39.99 for me as well, wtf is going on here.

Ridley327

I would love this to happen but I highly doubt it.

Didn't the Animal Crossing: New Leaf update add in a Puzzle League minigame? I don't think it's that farfetched that a standalone game could happen in the next couple of years, though I imagine that it would be eShop only like their other recent puzzle games.

XaosWolf

Backed at the Limitless tier. I'm all up for a Panel de Pon and more puzzlers in general.
I'm half expecting a takedown of some kind though.

No no no, bad Knack. There's only 26 years of blob.
I did calculations and everything.

Top Bottom