• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII SE Xbox 360 Console Bundle

Keikoku

Banned
Zombie James said:
Oh crap, I completely missed the "Only on Xbox 360" tag at the top of the box. Pretty shady if that's the retail box.

As far as I can't tell it's not the case for the PAL version.

That's... uhh... interesting. Way to go with the bog standard 360. :lol

Still, at least it's not as tacky as that ltd edition PS3 with the pink final fantasy decal on it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Cool.

I wonder if there would be a NA PS3 Bundle for it too...

Weird, the official box art doesn't show the exclusivity tag:

1204350finalfantasyxiiiboxartxbo.jpg

But then again, that was in December.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Fake?

First off, the XBOX 360 and the 2 controllers look like someone used MS Paint to put them in this pic. Since when does a pic of a real life console have jaggies?

Then the flyer says black console and controller, but in the pic it's white.

The 'Only on XBOX 360' thing is seriously wrong.

The shadows around the XBOX 360 are only on one side, while the shadow around the box are on all sides.

And then two controllers for a one player game? Weird.

And I thought that the XBOX 360 with the silver disk tray was discontinued, unless the Arcade has it now...

DMeisterJ said:
Fake?

First off, the XBOX 360 and the 2 controllers look like someone used MS Paint to put them in this pic. Since when does a pic of a real life console have jaggies?

The shadows around the XBOX 360 are only on one side, while the shadow around the box are on all sides.

That's my guess.

DogWelder

DMeisterJ said:
Fake?

It's from Expertzone, it doesn't have to be professional. And it's real.

daegan

DMeisterJ said:
Fake?

And I thought that the XBOX 360 with the silver disk tray was discontinued, unless the Arcade has it now...

seeing these kind of flyers on a regular basis, since their audience is limited, they don't exactly put a lot of work into it

Majine

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Fake?

I couldn't get past the registration bullshit, but isn't the source pretty official? I see Microsoft in the URL.

Selling a HD console in any way without a packed in HD cable is fucking dumb, ms should have never removed it, all those poor kids from last Christmas playing their ps360's on daddys new HD plasma in sd...

Btw this bundle looks shit.

Zalasta

john tv said:
Only on Xbox 360? Hah! Maybe they're counting multiple discs and inferior sound as an exclusive feature. :)

Hehe, the truth hurts doesn't it? There's no way I'd buy FF13 on 360. Both from a technical point of view and as a fan of the series.

Majine

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh yeah, I just saw the box on the box doesn't have the "Only On Xbox" logo. I guess it is real!
FFXIII comfirmed 360 exclusive reveal one month prior to release!

Special Edition console bundles should have something of value to make even the person that ALREADY owns the console, in all the excitement and new release fever, to consider buying it again just for how awesome the bundle is.

This bundle fails in every way possible.

Majine

Banned
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Special Edition console bundles should have something of value to make even the person that ALREADY owns the console, in all the excitement and new release fever, to consider buying it again just for how awesome the bundle is.

This bundle fails in every way possible.
Well, there is no white 360 with an HDD on the market anymore, soooo....

AstroMan

Banned
Zophar said:
Nobody is going to buy a 360 for this game if they don't already have an HD console.

Sure about that? Because I know somebody that's picking up an Xbox 360 with his Final Fantasy XIII pre-order.

Psychotext said:
Tacky, as in just plain nasty and cheap looking. Now the gunmetal grey PS3 they had for MGS4... that was a nice bit of kit.

But they gimped it by making it a 40 gig. At the time the 40gig was 400 bucks and the 80 gig with MGS4, and BC was $500. The Gun Metal one was a 40 with no BC and $500. A friend of mine special ordered it though Konami at the time. I got to play with it and it looks sweet but he was kind of pissed that he had to pass up the other better bundle just to get the color.

Zophar said:
Nobody is going to buy a 360 for this game if they don't already have an HD console.

Nobody?

T-Matt

Mulberry said:
I'm holding out on buying a slim because of this, praying it comes to North America...
I'm afraid that if there is the xbox ffxiii bundle it would be impossible for the ps3 bundle to come here.

OldJadedGamer said:
But they gimped it by making it a 40 gig. At the time the 40gig was 400 bucks and the 80 gig with MGS4, and BC was $500. The Gun Metal one was a 40 with no BC and $500. A friend of mine special ordered it though Konami at the time. I got to play with it and it looks sweet but he was kind of pissed that he had to pass up the other better bundle just to get the color.
I actually had one on pre-order in the UK... but we know how that worked out. :(

Arsenic

OldJadedGamer said:

Nobody?
Wasn't it $600 and also didn't include a copy of the game? I just remember it being a terrible deal.

Kagari said:
Import one. That's what I did.
Does it speak english?

KingDizzi

Banned
T-Matt said:
I'm afraid that if there is the xbox ffxiii bundle it would be impossible for the ps3 bundle to come here.

On the PS Blog SE have been pimping the game there quite a bit, shock and awe if a PS3 bundle is not released, mainly due to me having no doubt in my mind that the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version in every single region.

The bundle released in Japan is so damn nice though, if only I was not poor. :(

Top Bottom