• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII SE Xbox 360 Console Bundle

Kyoufu said:
You can import the CE from Europe.

FinalFantasyXIIICollector%27sEditionPS3.jpg
i know but i would like to help Sony's NPD for that month. Can't buy Europe and NA since I already bought the JP version :lol.

wizword

Banned
Machado said:
because people might *might* `play other games with the console?
Different audience will buy ff13 than halo 3 though. They should honestly lower the price of the console / fable or lost odyssey bundle. I doubt the people who want to buy a 2nd controller are honestly avid halo 3, or gears of war gamers. It really raised the price of the console without any real incentive from a buyers perspective. At least from my point of view.

Here would be a Special Edition console that wouldn't suck ass...

Xbox 360
HDD
1 fucking controller
HD cable
Final Fantasy XIII game
Final Fantasy XIII faceplate
Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack
Final Fantasy XIII I <3 Lightning Love Beads

fernoca

It's official, but seems that the picture was just a quick mockup.

The purpose of it, is so that retailers go there, learn about it; the content , it features, start taking preorders while they receive official pictures and stuff for the stores.

Apparently, the leaked faceplate from the Major Nelson video will be in this bundle...though that hasn't been confirmed,an announcement can be expected tomorrow.

The bundle/game will be released in a month, is like they forgot to add that training in the site..till now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expected a design, but the FFXIII Slim is by far one of the best and sexiest limited edition consoles I've seen in a while. So classy.

goldenpp72

wizword said:
Different audience will buy ff13 than halo 3 though. They should honestly lower the price of the console / fable or lost odyssey bundle. I doubt the people who want to buy a 2nd controller are honestly avid halo 3, or gears of war gamers. It really raised the price of the console without any real incentive from a buyers perspective. At least from my point of view.

so you're saying people who buy ff13 are friendless losers

Arsenic said:
Wasn't it $600 and also didn't include a copy of the game? I just remember it being a terrible deal.

I just asked him and he said it was $500 for a 40 gig with no BC, rumble controller and special edition of the game. He said he paid like $20 bucks in shipping.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Here would be a Special Edition console that wouldn't suck ass...

Xbox 360
HDD
1 fucking controller
HD cable
Final Fantasy XIII game
Final Fantasy XIII faceplate
Final Fantasy XIII soundtrack
Final Fantasy XIII I <3 Lightning Love Beads

The...what?

offshore

T-Matt said:
I'm afraid that if there is the xbox ffxiii bundle it would be impossible for the ps3 bundle to come here.

AFAIK it's actual territories where a customised 360 comes out where a customised PS3 doesn't. Resident Evil 5 and Modern Warfare 2 spring to mind.

fernoca said:
Apparently, the leaked faceplate from the Major Nelson video will be in this bundle

Oh, I guess no customised PS3 for the West then :p

Paracelsus

ShockingAlberto said:
Did MS give up on making faceplates?

Because, like, this seems kind of perfect for a faceplate.

They made a faceplate for every major (or simply 360 exclusive) Jrpg release. In Japan.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I would have actually gotten this solely for collection if it was of value, but way to let me down Microsoft. :lol I think I'll import the Lightning PS3 instead.

wizword

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
so you're saying people who buy ff13 are friendless losers
No. I am just saying that the inclusion of the controller is purposeless and most consumers that are going to buy this won't care. But that is my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

AlternativeUlster said:
:lol at two controllers bit and 360 exclusive. I wonder if the commercials are going to make it seem like it was exclusive much like how Modern Warfare 2 made it look like it was a 360 exclusive.
Since the majority of multiplatform marketing on tv ends with 'on Xbox 360' and 'console from £.....', I wouldn't bet against it.

goldenpp72

wizword said:
No. I am just saying that the inclusion of the controller is purposeless and most consumers that are going to buy this won't care. But that is my opinion and I'll leave it at that.

I get that, but as a smart consumer, if I don't own a 360 and i'm interested in one, i'm going to evaluate this as such.

Xbox elite: 300 bucks, 120 gig hdd, one controller.
FF13 bundle: I want ff13, 60 dollars, more HDD space is cool, 130 gigs more, extra controller for use in co op/multiplayer games i'll likely buy with my new console.

So for 100 bucks you get a game, more than double the HDD size, and an extra controller which I think is 40-50 bucks. How i'd look at it? Free double HDD size.

PseudoKirby said:
man FF13's boxart is so fucking uninspired and bland

Way cooler than FFX in NA

surly

Banned
Isn't the regular Elite $299.99 in the US? For $100 extra it's a good deal IMO, but shite as a special edition. I bought a Forza 3 "special edition" (same deal as this basically) a couple of weeks ago and I sold everything but the 250 GB hard drive, plus the 120 GB hard drive from the Elite I already had and I ended up making a small profit. :D

Ponn

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
I get that, but as a smart consumer, if I don't own a 360 and i'm interested in one, i'm going to evaluate this as such.

Xbox elite: 300 bucks, 120 gig hdd, one controller.
FF13 bundle: I want ff13, 60 dollars, more HDD space is cool, 130 gigs more, extra controller for use in co op/multiplayer games i'll likely buy with my new console.

So for 100 bucks you get a game, more than double the HDD size, and an extra controller which I think is 40-50 bucks. How i'd look at it? Free double HDD size.

Way cooler than FFX in NA

I would look at it as being a fan of Final Fantasy and RPG's and have no need for a second controller. Would be much more interested in a LE bundle with something more substantial like a special print 360 console with at the very least a FF XIII logo, HDMI cord to enjoy the kick ass HD graphics would also be a good start. Hell throw in a copy of Last Remnant, just anything but a second controller which is useless to a RPG gamer which this is targeting. A faceplate even as suggested earlier would be great. The extra controller, at least for me would just be trade in credit fodder.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ponn01 said:
I would look at it as being a fan of Final Fantasy and RPG's and have no need for a second controller and would be much more interested in LE bundle with something more substantial like a special print 360 console with at the very least a FF XIII logo, HDMI cord to enjoy the kick ass HD graphics would also be a good start. Hell throw in a copy of Last Remnant, just anything but a second controller which is useless to a RPG gamer which this is targeting.
Pretty much this. I have no need for a second controller at all, or such a huge HD. A nice print on one side with a faceplate, a custom controller, the game and an artbook/soundtrack/or something, would be enough for me to jump in. :lol

Chris R

Why would they be so lazy as to not include a custom console or controller(s... why would you need two controllers for FFXIII)??? This will still probably be huge, but imagine if it was a custom console with a custom controller that also had a cheapo HDMI cable :|

goldenpp72

Ponn01 said:
I would look at it as being a fan of Final Fantasy and RPG's and have no need for a second controller and would be much more interested in LE bundle with something more substantial like a special print 360 console with at the very least a FF XIII logo, HDMI cord to enjoy the kick ass HD graphics would also be a good start. Hell throw in a copy of Last Remnant, just anything but a second controller which is useless to a RPG gamer which this is targeting.

no 360s come with HD cables now, you have no friends to game with, that's fine, this isn't for you.

I do agree the LE side seems.. well not there, but I don't think this is a proper reveal either.

Hex

Banned
I just think that it is dumb for Major Nelson to show the FFXIII faceplate and it not be available.
Maybe they will have it for sale separately?

soco

enjoy the beauty of FFXIII in SD!

seriously, WTF. that's a horrible special edition. i expected at least a special color or design or something.

goldenpp72

klee123 said:
Pretty disappointing for an LE bundle considering how much better the RE5 bundle was.

All re5 bundle was, was a red elite with a bundled gears of war 2 pad wasn't it? I think white is kind of the color of ff13 so they took the lazy route.

But having an art book and custom faceplate at least, would be cool.

Ponn

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
no 360s come with HD cables now, you have no friends to game with, that's fine, this isn't for you.

I do agree the LE side seems.. well not there, but I don't think this is a proper reveal either.

I'm an RPG gamer, who do the heck do you think this IS supposed to be targeting:lol The people that didn't pick up the MW2 bundle or something? Look, it doesn't need defending, its a lazy bundle with FFXIII thrown in with no thought and people are calling them out on it. I know the 360's don't come with HD cables but the point of bringing it up is if they had actually put some thought into the bundle the people who are wanting FFXIII are more likely to want the HD graphics as well. Therefore at the very least make it semi enticing by taking the extra controller out and throwing in HDMI cables with the audio adapter. That move alone would elevate the bundle at least a bit more above joking status. Anyone that has any history of RPG SE or bundles know that RPG gamers love the kitsch, the flash, the artbooks, etc etc. We aren't looking for a second controller or a headset for a one player game. Throw some postcards with FFXIII artwork in there, something.

goldenpp72

Ponn01 said:
I'm an RPG gamer, who do the heck do you think this IS supposed to be targeting:lol The people that didn't pick up the MW2 bundle or something? Look, it doesn't need defending, its a lazy bundle with FFXIII thrown in with no thought and people are calling them out on it. I know the 360's don't come with HD cables but the point of bringing it up is if they had actually put some thought into the bundle the people who are wanting FFXIII are more likely to want the HD graphics as well. Therefore at the very least make it semi enticing by taking the extra controller out and throwing in HDMI cables with the audio adapter. That move alone would elevate the bundle at least a bit more above joking status.

I don't think most people are just single genre gamers, perhaps my faith in taste and diversity is just too out there, but I assume most people willing to plunk down 400 bucks buy more than jrpgs, but might in fact indulge in other games too :)

I totally agree it's lazy, but I also think it's a good deal for a normal gamer who happens to enjoy final fantasy, I happen to know casual gamers who play no jrpgs but final fantasy, and they so happen to play other genres too, like racing or yes, even fps.

In summary, good deal, lazy thought.

Ponn

Banned
goldenpp72 said:
I don't think most people are just single genre gamers, perhaps my faith in taste and diversity is just too out there, but I assume most people willing to plunk down 400 bucks buy more than jrpgs, but might in fact indulge in other games too :)

And they waited till FFXIII to get their Xbox 360 multiplayer gaming on because?

Let me say this, I don't know if some of you have been reading the FFXIII info thread but some of us are really, REALLY frustrated by the way FFXIII is being launched with no CE version yet Japan got one and Europe is getting one. And if this lazy ass bundle is the big FFXIII announcement coming out this weekend then its a bit frustrating.

Guys, please don't be so ignorant.

Everything in that pic is either reused art/template or placeholder.

It's the standard Super Elite bundle that Modern Warfare and Mass Effect 2 got, THAT'S why it has 2 controllers.

The Only on Xbox thing is like I said, a reused 360 cover template the artist that put this together quickly used.

Ditto for the Green Decription panel.

This will be basically a White version of the Modern Warfare 2 Bundle. I'd say it will have decals too.

goldenpp72

Ponn01 said:
And they waited till FFXIII to get their Xbox 360 multiplayer gaming on because?

The same reason people still buy ps2s? FF13 could just be the straw that pushed someone who wanted a bunch of 360 games to finally jump in. I have no idea why a person doesn't buy a console at 300 bucks today vs a year later while it's still 300, yet people do every month of every year until a console is finally dead. This is just an added incentive for a small demographic.

Firestorm

Ponn01 said:
Because they figured "I want an Xbox 360" and noticed for $100 more than an Elite they get another 130GB of space, an extra controller, and Final Fantasy XIII? My friend picked up the Forza 3 bundle for the same reason.

krae_man

Has the same game ever been bundled with more then one console?

I'm guessing The PS3 will be getting a God of War 3 bundle instead.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Instead of getting an Elite to replace my dying 360 I'm going to buy this now. The only thing bothering me about it is that it has FF13 bundled :lol Was gonna get the PS3 version...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Fyrus said:
Instead of getting an Elite to replace my dying 360 I'm going to buy this now. The only thing bothering me about it is that it has FF13 bundled :lol Was gonna get the PS3 version...
You could always sell the game and pick up the PS3 version if you want it. :lol I would have done that if I this bundle was worth anything to me. I'm sure GS/GC would be willing to take it off your hands in a heartbeat.

Ponn01 said:
Maybe they didn't specifically wait on the release of FFXIII to pick a system up, but instead were swayed by the marketing force accompanying its release? The same thing has occurred with other big titles (Halo, MW, GT, Gears, FFVII, etc.) before. Besides, having a second controller as part of the bundle not only adds to the value of it, but also makes it more appealing as a purchase to a lot of people who need more than one title and a single player one at that to push the buy decision over the edge. Think of families who need a strong single package to justify the cost...the sort who regularly go for Costco and Sam's Club bundles. Single players don't seem to be the target here.

goldenpp72

MightyHedgehog said:
Maybe they didn't specifically wait on the release of FFXIII to pick a system up, but instead were swayed by the marketing force accompanying its release? The same thing has occurred with other big titles (Halo, MW, GT, Gears, FFVII, etc.) before. Besides, having a second controller as part of the bundle not only adds to the value of it, but also makes it more appealing as a purchase to a lot of people who need more than one title and a single player one to push the buy decision over the edge. Think of families who need a strong single package to justify the cost...the sort who regularly go for Costco and Sam's Club bundles.

Nah, people who bought the mw2 bundle only play fps because they are fps gamers and no one buys consoles after the first month, diverse taste and consumer uncertainty doesn't exist in the gaming world.

krae_man

Machado said:
you mean no God of War xbox 360 bundle??? sheiiiiiit. who would haave thought

More like it makes no sense to put out both a FF XIII and God of War 3 bundle out a week apart from eachother.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
krae_man said:
More like it makes no sense to put out both a FF XIII and God of War 3 bundle out a week apart from eachother.

or it does because its a game that is on both consoles and its in Square Enix's interest to co-market with as many options as it can unless there are benefits to only doing one...

fernoca

Ponn01 said:
Keep in mind that people that are waiting to buy consoles wait for 2 things:
1. Less price
2. Value for their money

The same reason the many Xbox Holiday Bundles has been a success, people weren't buying an Xbox 360..because "OMG Pure and Lego Batman are in there", people bought it because it was "the system with 2 games for 'free'"..

People are not going to see this as "Eeew..FFXIII sucks, I don't want it..and with 2 controllers..pfft.."..but "Hmm..$400 gets me a 250GB HDD, 2 controllers and a game"...when the $300 version gets you no games, less HDD and one controller less.

On "Microsoft land", an additional controller, 130GB moreextra of HDD and a game is around $210 more, add those $210 to the $300 Elite bundle.

FrankT

Forget the HD cable I can get an HDMI for 4/5 bucks at most. I would have much rather seen some thought actually put into the HW. At least a faceplate with a nice design and color. Plain jane for the first ever mainline FF on the Xbox this seems kind of weak. I would consider upgrading for the HDD alone since I'm buying the game and wouldn't mind the space, but I think a proper redesign is coming this fall so I will likely wait. It's bonus time next month though so who knows.

Top Bottom