• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

Missed this thread until now, great news. :)

Downloading GOTY version right next to already installed version right now.

Messed up my saves back in august or something, will probably just restart clean. Enough time has passed for it not to be such a bother now.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Play the goty version. The vanilla versions were never touched in the registry.

Multiple sources have confirmed AC working, AA still doesn't work.
Very strange.

I just tried my AC retail copy and it worked.

It gave me the GOTY edition with something called unusedapp.

Hypron

I got a reply from WB games and apparently I should keep on trying to activate the game. If it's still not working in 5 days they'll give me a key.

Actually, just a question. This is the key I'm supposed to redeem right?

1383348856-key.jpg

Grief.exe

Did they say specifically whether your AA key would work as well?

I know they have to be working on that, they just aren't very transparent during this process.

Doopliss

I got a reply from WB games and apparently I should keep on trying to activate the game. If it's still not working in 5 days they'll give me a key.

Actually, just a question. This is the key I'm supposed to redeem right?
That is the right one.

Just to check, only the GOTY arkham asylum PC key will redeem right? I have the original AA release and the key does not work on steam.

Hypron

Did they say specifically whether your AA key would work as well?

I know they have to be working on that, they just aren't very transparent during this process.

Here's their reply:

We are sorry to learn that you could not convert your Games For Windows Live version of Batman to a full Steam version using your game key.

To our understanding , Steam have been updating their system to include those codes that were not working. It may take a little longer, but we would advise to be patient and keep trying your code. If after 5 further days you still don’t have the code working, please get back in touch.

It sounds like a stock reply since in my email I specifically asked about both games.

That is the right one.

Cool, thanks. I'll just keep on trying then haha.

chupon

So, weird question...

I was wondering if anyone had the pre-patched AA GOTY files? I wanted to finish up the GFWL achievements and get that game 100% completed on my Gamertag. My gamesave is still there, but I only had the digital copy, not a retail copy.

If someone had the untouched files I could overwrite them and then I'd be able to play it with GFWL.

Grief.exe

Didn't see this until now, official post a few days ago

This issue is continuing to be worked on and CD keys are being added for redemption. A number of users have been successful adding their keys to Steam thus far with more incoming. Once again, we thank you for your patience regarding this issue.

KarmaCow

So should I give up hoping WB will allow for non-GotY Batman AA GFW keys to be registered? What do I need to show WB support to get a Steam key, I bought the game on GFW years ago.

So should I give up hoping WB will allow for non-GotY Batman AA GFW keys to be registered? What do I need to show WB support to get a Steam key, I bought the game on GFW years ago.

What is the email address for WB support so I can contact them to provide me with a Steam key for my retail AA copy?

http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

I purchased Arkham Asylum from GFWL a while ago. This is what they told me (but haven't done it yet since I can't find my email invoice from years ago) so I'm just gonna wait until they sort it out:

- The exact error message that you receive when you try your code.
- A dated proof of purchase (receipt, invoice) showing the purchase of a NEW copy of the game(not a rented or used copy, nor a copy purchased from Ebay).
- Was the game shrink-wrapped like new at the time of purchase?
- A scan of the package and game disc(s) and the code sheet.
- What country was the game purchased in?
- What country are you in?

Parsnip

Looks like there's still some weird random LIVE remnants in AA. Was playing some challenge rooms yesterday and in the middle of the round suddenly got an error message telling me that connection to LIVE was down, or something.

Cancer is hard to cut out I guess.

Sentenza

I spent some time replaying both these games in the past month and I really have to say it: while I always preferred Arkham City to Arkham Asylum by a small margin, I didn't realize how much better it was until I went back to play the latter.
Not that Asylum is a bad game (far from it) but there are really a shitload of subtle details that City improved a lot over the previous chapter, about the combat, about controls, about expanding your repertory of moves, about making the Riddle puzzles more fun and challenging, etc.

ArjanN

I spent some time replaying both these games in the past month and I really have to say it: while I always preferred Arkham City to Arkham Asylum by a small margin, I didn't realize how much better it was until I went back to play the latter.
Not that Asylum is a bad game (far from it) but there are really a shitload of subtle details that City improved a lot over the previous chapter, about the combat, about controls, about expanding your repertory of moves, about making the Riddle puzzles more fun and challenging, etc.

Replaying them there's a ton of minor improvements in City but I still think Asylum is a lot more cohesive overall.

Sentenza

Replaying them there's a ton of minor improvements in City but I still think Asylum is a lot more cohesive overall.
Frankly, now that I have both games fresh in my mind, the only aspect where I would concede Asylum could arguably have a small edge is in offering a plot development that feels more focused... I used to say that Asylum felt like a graphic novel, while City felt more like a TV series, and I still think the comparison holds.
But that's pretty much it, and the plot is not really something I care that much about, anyway, so to me this really doesn't "redeem" Asylum too much.

Grief.exe

Everyone has a different opinion on which Arkham game is better, neither opinion is wrong. Interesting to see which people prefer and why.

Parsnip

When I played AC for the first time when it came out, it felt like AA had superior pacing, but AC did everything else better. Now that I have played AA again, that conclusion remains the same.

KarmaCow

http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

I purchased Arkham Asylum from GFWL a while ago. This is what they told me (but haven't done it yet since I can't find my email invoice from years ago) so I'm just gonna wait until they sort it out:

Thanks, I did this few days ago and just got a replacement Steam Key. I was hoping I could redeem my GFWL key to get both the non-GotY and GotY versions in my library but ultimately it doesn't matter I guess.

Schlomo

Finally received an AA Steam key from WB support after an endless e-mail back and forth. So if someone hasn't gotten theirs yet, just be persistent and polite, and eventually they will provide it also to people who bought the game digitally via GfW.

Grief.exe

I haven't checked in on the forums in a while to see if there had been any updates to the key situation.

Started arkham city the other day.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
About a month ago when I saw this thread I tried following the instructions to reclaim my save file, but it did not work and I resigned myself to having to play the game over again if I wanted to play a New Game+. So I fired it up for the first time on my new laptop (rather than my desktop where I played it originally), and it said I needed some .NET Framework thing. I clicked Okay and waited while it installed, then clicked on Play again. a second of mouse loading animation later, this shit popped up.

DZMibhV.png

00tBpl5.png

Should I delete all local content of Batman: Arkham City GOTY and download it again? Or is there just some missing system file that I can get somewhere?

ArjanN

Try manually running the directx and the .net framework setup again. They're in your steam Batman folder in the setup folder.

Top Bottom