• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

GeoGonzo

I've been playing Arkham City since they fixed it (mostly because I fear that the new game is going to be a complete disappointment and I decided to wait for reviews/sales) and I've only had one minor issue:

The mouse cursor shows up at the center of the screen whenever I'm in a menu of any sort: Game menu, upgrades, map. It's just weird, since I'm using a controller.

epmode

I've been playing Arkham City since they fixed it (mostly because I fear that the new game is going to be a complete disappointment and I decided to wait for reviews/sales) and I've only had one minor issue:

The mouse cursor shows up at the center of the screen whenever I'm in a menu of any sort: Game menu, upgrades, map. It's just weird, since I'm using a controller.

I have a similar problem with Arkham Asylum where the mouse cursor shows up at the top of the screen. I think I have the same issue with City but I haven't reinstalled to check.

I just decided to live with it.

Grief.exe

I have a similar problem with Arkham Asylum where the mouse cursor shows up at the top of the screen. I think I have the same issue with City but I haven't reinstalled to check.

I just decided to live with it.

Most games recently automatically detect whether you are using M/KB or controller and update controls and shortcuts automatically.

Leaked beta drivers? I only see Beta 13.11 on the website.

The 13.11 beta driver is the latest beta driver that I'm aware of. I have a 7970, I'm still playing AA so I don't know anything about AC and possible stuttering but the AC benchmark ran without stutters for me even in DX11 mode.

Dave_6

My 7970 @ 1080p stutters on occasion when gliding or grappling in the city, but not any other times (DX9 mode with 13.11 drivers).

My 7970 @ 1080p stutters on occasion when gliding or grappling in the city, but not any other times (DX9 mode with 13.11 drivers).

That was the experience I had when I played it a couple years ago. The benchmark doesn't do a good job as a representation of the full game especially when it comes to quickly traversing the city.

Grief.exe

Well lets hope this isn't the case for Batman Arkham Origins.

The problem with GFWL is it is a program used to speed the ports between x86 and PowerPC. The moment someone says they are using GFWL for a game, you automatically can assume they are cutting massive corners in order to get that game ported.

Origins is using Steamworks from the start, so hopefully no corners were cut in the development.

Dave_6

It doesn't bother me really. I kind of wish I would have went with Nvidia but I couldn't beat the price/performance ratio of this 7970. Not including the 3 free games I got with it.

Nokterian

It doesn't bother me really. I kind of wish I would have went with Nvidia but I couldn't beat the price/performance ratio of this 7970. Not including the 3 free games I got with it.

It's good card for sure and everything works so that's good. I went from nvidia to ati and well it's not bad to spice up a bit with a different card.

Grief.exe

This is it

Keep your eyes on the OP, I always post updates there.

Registering CD keys

We are aware of the issue some users are experiencing when attempting to register CD keys (retail, GFWL, etc) and are investigating this issue further. We thank you for your patience.

Ah OK.

Small sigh of relief.

I deliberately missed buying it on sale last weekend for $7.50 because I already have a retail copy, but I was getting nervous that I was going to be told "lolno" after this issue came up. Good to know it looks like I'll be covered at some point

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The problem with GFWL is it is a program used to speed the ports between x86 and PowerPC. The moment someone says they are using GFWL for a game, you automatically can assume they are cutting massive corners in order to get that game ported.

Origins is using Steamworks from the start, so hopefully no corners were cut in the development.

Wait what?

scitek

I just called WB because my retail key still doesn't work. They'll email me a Steam key after I send them mine from what I understand. If you bought it digitally, they'll want a screenshot I guess of your receipt.

Hypron

I just called WB because my retail key still doesn't work. They'll email me a Steam key after I send them mine from what I understand. If you bought it digitally, they'll want a screenshot I guess of your receipt.

Where should we contact them about that? Cheers.

epmode

Most games recently automatically detect whether you are using M/KB or controller and update controls and shortcuts automatically.

Right. But the Arkham games apparently don't do this. The mouse appears even though I'm using a controller. The really strange thing is that the button prompts correctly switch over to 360 pad icons.

OmegaX

I just tried to activate my Get Games key and it works! Finally. :) Seems like they're going to update it gradually.
I can confirm it too. My Arkham City GFWL key from Get Games was redeemed as Batman Arkham City GOTY GFWL Redeptiom"".
I had Arkham Asylum on GamersGate but I didn't try my GFWL key because they recently added a new Steam key to my profile so I used that instead.

Grief.exe

When I start my AC play through, I'm going to post screenshots with this new Topaz filter.

Playing around with the Topaz Simplify filter.

You can grab it from their website, 30 day trial http://www.topazlabs.com/downloads

i8AlRR9hBUFrl.png

ib066sWWmQ9ZPJ.png

Leks

Before the patch, Arkham City dominated my rarest achievements. Now...

mtTUIWQ.jpg

I'm now ready for Arkham Origins tonight!

Top Bottom