• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii - European launch

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Wonderful, my extra nunchuk arrived today. The first thing to come so now I just have to wait for the rest.

Damn.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Roders5 said:
Any UK gaffers want a 2GB SD card for their wii for £12.36?

Go to amazon.co.uk and add the Kingston Technology 2GB SD card to your basket, then add this item. Use promotional code HELLMANAMZN2 at checkout and select super saver delivery. Works, I've already done it.

Thanks for that. :)

KoffiiKat

Roders5 said:

Go to amazon.co.uk and add the Kingston Technology 2GB SD card to your basket, then add this item. Use promotional code HELLMANAMZN2 at checkout and select super saver delivery. Works, I've already done it.

Tried it even though I don't live in the UK, just to see if it would work, but to no avail. I'm kind of starting to resent those shipping restrictions for electronics products.

Nintendo UK just did a HUGE advertisement during the final of X Factor. Was a good 2 minutes long - musta cost them a bomb, should definately 'help' raise demand even further.

Exypher

Asked someone at Dixons if they had any Wii's available today, the guy told me i should get a REAL console, the Xbox360, because the only good thing on Wii was Wii Play. When I asked about Zelda he told me it was on GameCube as well and actually looked BETTER on GameCube than on Wii, hehe. Then he tried to convince me Nintendo was releasing a new version of the Wii this summer...

Anyway, it's still impossible to find over here (Holland).

[Nintex]

Exypher said:
Asked someone at Dixons if they had any Wii's available today, the guy told me i should get a REAL console, the Xbox360, because the only good thing on Wii was Wii Play. When I asked about Zelda he told me it was on GameCube as well and actually looked BETTER on GameCube than on Wii, hehe. Then he tried to convince me Nintendo was releasing a new version of the Wii this summer...

Anyway, it's still impossible to find over here (Holland).
I got one this friday, apparently there is a new shipment each week good luck :)

Roders5 said:

Thanks dude! Still working if anyones wondering.

Do we have to wait for that Hellman's book thing to be available or will they send the card out as and when its ready?

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
radioheadrule83 said:
Thanks dude! Still working if anyones wondering.

Do we have to wait for that Hellman's book thing to be available or will they send the card out as and when its ready?
Not sure, it was in stock when I did it. Maybe depends on whether you chose to keep your items in one delivery or not at checkout.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
SD card arrived today, minus the book. No biggie. :lol

So the photo channel is actually pretty neat, I can see family and friends around the plasma this Christmas viewing digital albums.

But what urks me is that you can use your own mp3s as background music for slideshows, and for custom soundtracks in Excite Truck, but where's my Music Channel?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
this is nuts. the wii was in stock on certain websites today like play.com and john lewis, but they all sold out before 8:45 am. I checked JL wbsite at 8.40 and it said 10 in stock, at 8:42 it was sold out.

play.com sold out at like 8am or something crazy. who the hell is buying these things so early!! its madness. there is definately some kind of wii-mania in the UK right now, its so wanted by everyone. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I feel like casual gamers want the wii more than I do, I'm ok to wait.

no idea when they will become readily available, the best way to get them is to make daily visits/phonecalls to game stores early and ask if they got any in stock today and then pop down as soon as you get a positive answer to pick it up. There is new stock coming in regular-ish but you gotta get down early!

kaizoku said:
this is nuts. the wii was in stock on certain websites today like play.com and john lewis, but they all sold out before 8:45 am. I checked JL wbsite at 8.40 and it said 10 in stock, at 8:42 it was sold out.

play.com sold out at like 8am or something crazy. who the hell is buying these things so early!! its madness. there is definately some kind of wii-mania in the UK right now, its so wanted by everyone. I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I feel like casual gamers want the wii more than I do, I'm ok to wait.

no idea when they will become readily available, the best way to get them is to make daily visits/phonecalls to game stores early and ask if they got any in stock today and then pop down as soon as you get a positive answer to pick it up. There is new stock coming in regular-ish but you gotta get down early!
I was out in the New Year sales yesterday and every shop has Wii Not In Stock signs in the window. Also Game have a stock check ticker on their website, which i've never seen before.
When something is wanted this much, people want one to see what the fuss is about.
Wii will sell what ever they can manufacture for a good while longer yet!

Top Bottom