• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

The "TUG" conspiracy is confirmed! Poor Mojo needed some company and all he had was Martin's Spider-Man pillow!

GgmbxgO.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
KG coming out as Bi was a good moment on the show. Finally got around to listening to that episode.

Mariolee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWozg46ZWAs

Strange trailer Reaction

"When you're Anti-Racist, you're Racist."
"12 Years a Magical Slave"

I really disagreed with Martin here. Speaking as an Asian American, it seems like he doesn't really get it? What Korey brought up was a good point: Asians are so underrepresented that we don't even get cast as our stereotypes naymore. That's not to say that we want to be stereotyped, but that things have gotten so bad that we can't even get the bottom of the barrel anymore. We would much rather get cast as someone who isn't a stereotype most of the time. The perfect examples include the asian male characters from Selfie and The Walking Dead, where honestly them being Asian doesn't make them seem mystical and all knowing but just regular guys where their "Asianness" isn't their defining characteristic.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Martin generally doesn't seem to care a lot about issues of representation in films. Even when he recognizes something might be an issue when Korey brings it up during a review he'll usually add that it didn't bother him about the movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Grizzlyjin

They did not like Keanu. Wow, I was not expecting that at all lol.

I didn't think they were going to give it a full price, but the review took a major swerve. Like 10 minutes of good things and then booooooooom. Making Korey miss Ride Along. Lol

Keanu never really looked funny to begin with

Careful, the Key and Peele cult is almost as dangerous as the beyonce army. But I never liked k&p. Their humor always feels so forced.

Danielle cannot be serious with that story. Just...she can't be

I know where that Half Priced Books is and that makes it even more funny. There's only like a Goodwill and a KFC in that plaza. lol.

Magwik

Banned
Careful, the Key and Peele cult is almost as dangerous as the beyonce army. But I never liked k&p. Their humor always feels so forced.

I love them, but a feature length movie should never really be something that looks like an extended skit. Keegan especially can be a really good fucking actor.

I love them, but a feature length movie should never really be something that looks like an extended skit. Keegan especially can be a really good fucking actor.

Oh, well you'd probably like it then. Should at least see it if you like them!

I'm sure I won't. Their interview on The Ringer podcast was the most annoying self-indulgent thing I've ever heard. And if they were being sarcastic it's even worse.

Dram

They said on Monday that they were seeing the movie on Tuesday, so I guess it will come out today in the Movie Review Extravaganza.

Glass Rebel

They said on Monday that they were seeing the movie on Tuesday, so I guess it will come out today in the Movie Review Extravaganza.

Unless I misheard they mentioned on the Casual Call-In Show that they were gonna cover it in today's Movie Review Extravaganza. I'm not a subscriber so I'm waiting for the audio-only to be uploaded.

Unless I misheard they mentioned on the Casual Call-In Show that they were gonna cover it in today's Movie Review Extravaganza. I'm not a subscriber so I'm waiting for the audio-only to be uploaded.

Ooo, I wonder who will dress as what tonight. Someone better be dressed as Spiderman.

Can't wait for the Extravaganza~

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
For BvS we got Super Korey and Bat Martin, so I'll settle for no less than BP and Spidey. Or Iron-Man and Cap.

Civil War scores:

Korey G -
Matinee

Martin -
Full Price

Korey C -
Better than Sex

Black Panther and Spider-Man got high praise.

Crud

Banned
They dragged BvS. I loved every second of it lmao.

Korey said BvS would of got a Fuck You if he saw it after Civil War.

Farsi

Coleman won over the fans tonight. Even hating on Martin and the special guest for the
high full price
ratings.

Top Bottom