• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 9 PS4 announced

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm gonna have to hold out on this until FFVIII is released.
Also did the CG look higher res in the trailer?
Definitely look a lot better then the original.
Damn could you imagine FFVIII?

Xeilyn

My favorite game of all time, day 1. I really wish they would go back to this medieval and steampunkish style.

Recall

you better junction that thought out of your brain....draw and stock some good taste in JRPGs bruh.....did your guardian forces you what you just said?

Which other JRPG has guns with blades, a fantastic collectible card game and the ability for me to mash square as much as I can to make the stock animation do more damage? I like what I like.

I will admit I never put more than 2 hours into FF9 :(

I'm not even sure if people realize that this is just a port of the Steam version. The steam version of FFVIII is ancient and is in need of a serious upgrade like FFIX tbh.

Which other JRPG has guns with blades, a fantastic collectible card game and the ability for me to mash square as much as I can to make the stock animation do more damage? I like what I like.

Don't forget hitting r1 for extra damage for squalls gunblade! Love that!

renzokuken.png

Zolbrod

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/ゲーム/final-fantasy-ix/cid=JP0082-CUSA08836_00-FF9FORPS42017000

Additional elements
· Trophy function, share function
· Seven types of boost functions such as high speed mode, no encounter etc, which can be used from the configuration in the game menu, pause screen and no game
· Auto save function
· High resolution of characters and movies

Looks like the page is up, but the game can't actually be purchased yet...?

I love FFVIII. It will come out. Give it time. However, in the meantime...

Whilst you wait, you can rectify this self-inflicted depravity.

u r right...very few JRPGS has as much forced romance, illogical plot contrivance (Time compression) and main final antagonist mispelling 'C' with 'K' like Ed Boon ("Kurse Seeds!")

And WTF is a Doomtrain?!?!

theofficefan99

People absolutely have a right to free speech. I also have a right to point out they are morons.

Then I have the right to point out that you're an insecure XV shill. The poster casually/innocently stated their excitement for this and some other games, as their recent experience of FFXV soured them. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of fans of older games are going to complain about XV. Get over it.

FinalAres

Then I have the right to point out that you're an insecure XV shill. The poster casually/innocently stated their excitement for this and some other games, as their recent experience of FFXV soured them. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of fans of older games are going to complain about XV. Get over it.

Ooh shill, edgy. I ain't a defender of FFXV. I'm just not a troll. Go back to gamefaqs, that's more your crowd.

GunBR

Can't wait to play the game again
Maybe this time I will finally beat Ozma
But they're doing 9. 8 is vastly superior. At least 8 has a likeable main character.
As someone who thinks that Final Fantasy IX is way better than VIII, I agree about Zidane being a meh protagonist

I find it silly that you hate XV so much but still rep a XV avatar. Keeping your enemy close?

Top Bottom