• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 9 PS4 announced

The one thing i really liked about 9 was the auction house. Also Kuja is a Super Saiyan 4.

I absolutely hated that skipping rope minigame to get the Alexandria card early.

This was the moment for me that really made me dislike Zidane. He picked up later in the game but this was so random and unnecessary.

Yeah me too, Zidane is just chauvinist asshole. I guess that's Japan for you anyway, no respect for females. Squall is far better character and cooler and he doesn't molest anyone.

For people wanting to see more of the theme I guess??? Plays the FFIX theme btw. The title screen one.

DKE2WrUUMAAhfBr.jpg

Downloading the game now. Woo!

Daffy Duck

Hmmmm, I was looking at this after GAF was talking about IX in another thread not long ago, I never played 9 so this is rather tempting.

I assume gameplay for a first time with zero guides I am looking at easily over 100 hours of stuff with exploration and other stuff?

Hmmmm, I was looking at this after GAF was talking about IX in another thread not long ago, I never played 9 so this is rather tempting.

I assume gameplay for a first time with zero guides I am looking at easily over 100 hours of stuff with exploration and other stuff?
It would be more like 60 hours.

ceramics

Neo Member
Downloading now, awesome.

I don' think any FF game is 100 hours, even without a guide. 9 is more like 40 or 50 and probably less what with the fast forward.

kromeo

No, even doing everything I'd say maybe 60 hours

About 60 or so, the option to speed up battles with this port might make it even quicker too. The game is pretty forgiving in difficulty for the most part. Some side quests and mini games can span a whole chunk of play time (Chocobo Hot and Cold for instance, or Mognet), but like most FFs, you aren't gonna get total ability to explore until a ways in.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Bought. All the PSX FFs are cool in my book but if my purchase helps bring VIII, hopefully, then of course I'll support.

Unless I'm mistaken, there's just VIII and the XIII saga now missing from the PS4 library (the servers for XI are shut down now, I believe, so that's never coming back).

FinalAres

They have made slight tweaks. The title menu is slightly less guady (a few buttons removed) but other than that it is the mobile UI, which is beautiful but massive). Shame they didn't change that.

However it looks no worse than the FF7 PS1 menu which got absolutely massive when you have 5+ skills. So I can definitely live with it. Still the definitive version.

So now PS4 already got FF7, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 14, 15, Type-0 and Dissidia..

Probably a good idea to re-release 1 - 6, 8 and 13 so that (almost) all main FF can be play on a modern console legitimately.

Yet again the theme doesn't work around the PS4 interface. Having a busy image right under where text will go on the upper screen makes it illegible and the whole thing ugly.

DKE5n-aUIAEp-VN

It could be the stream but the music sounds pretty tinny to my ears, the same issue on PC required a fan-patch to correct the sample rate, here's hoping they've done their due diligence.

Has anyone got shots of the UI in battle?, the menu was awful on PC.

Top Bottom