• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 9 PS4 announced

Can't wait to play the game again
Maybe this time I will finally beat Ozma

As someone who thinks that Final Fantasy IX is way better than VIII, I agree about Zidane being a meh protagonist

Did we play the same game? Zidane has more depth than most protagonists in the series, especially compared to Squall.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Hope I can't accidentally activate invincibility while fighting a boss like in VII. Happened twice. Felt so dirty. One of them was a really close fight too and it just ruined the tenseness.

kromeo

They need to sort the music out if they port VIII, on PC it sounds like it's playing on a nes...

Nice to see the hate for Zidane in here, my least favourite character in the series

I never got very far into this game. Couldn't stand the art style. If my purchase of XII-Zodiac Whatever told me anything, it's that I was right to trust my first impressions. XII and IX suck, and VIII gets way more hate than it deserves.

And SE can't count.

They need to sort the music out if they port VIII, on PC it sounds like it's playing on a nes...

Nice to see the hate for Zidane in here, my least favourite character in the series

i don't get you guys...you guys prefer emo dudes with pissed off face as protagonists in your games? That's the 90s definition of 'cool'?

I never got very far into this game. Couldn't stand the art style. If my purchase of XII-Zodiac Whatever told me anything, it's that I was right to trust my first impressions. XII and IX suck, and VIII gets way more hate than it deserves.

And SE can't count.

the fact that SE only remaster/remake the games you hate pretty much sums up your taste versus the general consensus...

Final Fantasy IX's art style has aged so much better than VII or VIII did. I'm so glad they changed things up with it at the time.

But they're doing 9. 8 is vastly superior. At least 8 has a likeable main character.

...did someone just call Squall 'likeable'?

Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

Top Bottom