• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I just started playing again. New expansion looks sick. I can't think of a comparable free game. Still don't get how people accumulate such ludicrous currency for some of the insane builds.

This is my first league. I got up to 400 chaos at once just from getting lucky with drops and farming currency. I don't play a ton, and I'm still learning a lot. I think I'm at 140ish hours in this league.

I've been constantly spending currency though on new builds and items. If I had just kept to my ngamahu cyclone build and just farmed, I would probably have around 1.5-2k chaos.

I've had a ton of failed builds or builds k didn't like that I spent quite a bit on.

moojito

I'd love some kind of automated trading thing. I've found a ton of amazing items that I either throw in my stash or just vendor because I can't be bothered with the hassle of trading.

inky

I mean, it depends on what Tom means by insane currency. I think he has a point. I've played 3 characters in this league, levels 87, 91, 89. I haven't sold a single thing, and purchased quite a few things like a 6L Infernal Mantle, Kaoms, Astramentis, and a few other pieces of equipment worth a few Exalts. I still have 8 Ex on my stash, a couple hundred chaos, and a bunch of other currency I could sell.

Still don't think I could afford some of the builds out there, which is what I think Tom is saying. Even if I sold everything right now I'd probably have 25-30 Ex, which is barely what Atziri's gloves cost, and I wouldn't consider that an insane amount of currency either, in fact I would consider myself quite "poor" compared to most. Some people spend that during breakfast just trying to get 1 more stat on a ring or something.

I think being at the top bracket, knowing what to run, what to sell, what services to offer and charge for, etc. is a very hard thing to do, and something that requires great knowledge of the game and dedication. Some builds are definitely way out of reach for players like me.

I mean, it depends on what Tom means by insane currency. I think he has a point. I've played 3 characters in this league, levels 87, 91, 89. I haven't sold a single thing, and purchased quite a few things like a 6L Infernal Mantle, Kaoms, Astramentis, and a few other pieces of equipment worth a few Exalts. I still have 8 Ex on my stash, a couple hundred chaos, and a bunch of other currency I could sell.

Still don't think I could afford some of the builds out there, which is what I think Tom is saying. Even if I sold everything right now I'd probably have 25-30 Ex, which is barely what Atziri's gloves cost, and I wouldn't consider that an insane amount of currency either, in fact I would consider myself quite "poor" compared to most. Some people spend that during breakfast just trying to get 1 more stat on a ring or something.

I think being at the top bracket, knowing what to run, what to sell, what services to offer and charge for, etc. is a very hard thing to do, and something that requires great knowledge of the game and dedication. Some builds are definitely way out of reach for players like me.

K think those people with 100s of ex are those that have played for a while and know the economy very well. Knowledge is wealth in this game. I know a lot of people make a ton of currency early in the league by trading and then using that as a base to craft and to build currency farming builds to grow their wealth even further.

Yeaaah! Long time goal of killing Merc Malachai is done. Maybe I overdid it by leveling up to lvl 88 before trying him, but it's done now. Kaom, Daresso, Malachai with 1 death total. Even that one was avoidable but I was plain stupid.

I took a pause because I got tired of dying in maps, but now my league goal for Breach League is done, so I can wait for Legacy League. Decided this is one thing I needed to do before 3.0 hits and everything changes. Maybe I should finally try for Shaper in LL.

I am surprised that my idea of them reintroducing legacy items in legacy league actually panned out. Pretty cool idea although I am expecting prices for them to be through the roof.

Wonder how solo self found will turn out. I might run that for something different.

Dahbomb

Can we stack three of the same leagues? Like can I just equip 3 Breach leaguestones and a bunch of breaches in my next map?

I hope we are allowed to stack, that could be nutso.

Can we stack three of the same leagues? Like can I just equip 3 Breach leaguestones and a bunch of breaches in my next map?

I hope we are allowed to stack, that could be nutso.

I believe it's just one. But you can do a map with a beyond league stone and a beyond zana mod I believe.

inky

Oh you edited, lol. Yeah, I was wondering why you responded twice.

I didn't have any particular goals for Breach but I'm happy with where I'm at. It was a good league to reacclimatize with the game after some time of not playing. Everything is so fast now, but I'm not complaining.

I managed to hit T15 maps, beat Uber Izaro, Atziri and 4 of the 5 breach bosses. Not sure I could've done Chayula, but I'm not really using an item worth 400c+ to find out. I'm happy with achieving 28 of the league challenges so far, and try some builds I've never tried before.

Wondering what build to go with for the LL. I'm thinking something Ranger-y as I've been meaning to check out Pathfinder.

Oh you edited, lol. Yeah, I was wondering why you responded twice.

I didn't have any particular goals for Breach but I'm happy with where I'm at. It was a good league to reacclimatize with the game after some time of not playing. Everything is so fast now, but I'm not complaining.

I managed to hit T15 maps, beat Uber Izaro, Atziri and 4 of the 5 breach bosses. Not sure I could've done Chayula, but I'm not really using an item worth 400c+ to find out. I'm happy with achieving 28 of the league challenges so far, and try some builds I've never tried before.

Wondering what build to go with for the LL. I'm thinking something Ranger-y as I've been meaning to check out Pathfinder.

I had forgotten I already replied. -_- Was hoping no one would have seen it. Tried to ninja edit it.

I just got to tier 13. I'm using Kripps Abyssal Cry Blade Furry right now. Before I was doing ngamahu cyclone. I don't think I can get any higher without more life. I'm 4.9k right now. Spending all of my currency on fusing hoping to 6L a carcass jack for the build. So far 500 fusings I've spent trying to 6L it.

What's everyone planning on doing for their league starter for legacy?

I'm torn between Tri-Curse Flameblast, flameblast totems, and an EQ build.

I'm waiting for full list of new threshold gems and patch notes before deciding what build to do.

Some kind of summoner though is my favorite, what kind depends on changes & new things in 2.6. SRS in the front, but I might try golems or spectres this time around. Or perhaps try new kind of thing if they buff something enough.

Wonder how solo self found will turn out. I might run that for something different.

I think the best part about the new SSF is that you can opt-out any time you feel like you want to start trading and/or partying.

seems like legacy league is just going to be totally busted.

Perfect way to end an era.

Gothos

I'm going Slayer but not sure about skill yet. Prolly EQ to farm stuff and then we'll see. Hard to tell without patch notes.

Cerity

Looking around at builds to play for 2.6 and think I might just start off with a jugg EQ'er to get the ball rolling. I'll get playing with the funky stuff after I build a bit of a bank.

Kadin

Looking around at builds to play for 2.6 and think I might just start off with a jugg EQ'er to get the ball rolling. I'll get playing with the funky stuff after I build a bit of a bank.
My last character I created this league was an EQ Slayer build. I really liked it a lot pretty much from the start. Def gonna be my starter this league.

Dahbomb

Finally killed Shaper in the Breach league:

Kqp8N1G.png

Now I am going to try to attempt Chayula with my remaining currency. Sacked 180 Chaos trying to beat Shaper and got it on my third attempt (with only 1 portal remaining).

Really cutting it close here but I had been procrastinating a lot.

Kadin

That's going to be my starter as well. I've been debating between that and flameblast totems.
Haha, flameblast was my starter this season. I hit a wall at 82 that I couldn't push past yet a friend just sailed quickly to 90 with the same build. I enjoyed that a lot as well but struggled a bit too much for my liking with gear.

Dahbomb

Well beat Chayula dying only once and got a Blessing of Chayula!

YjBaGQh.png

I just used it to upgrade my necklace since the league is about to be over and I don't have want to do much else in the league as the rest or all grindy stuff.

Tom Penny

This is my first league. I got up to 400 chaos at once just from getting lucky with drops and farming currency. I don't play a ton, and I'm still learning a lot. I think I'm at 140ish hours in this league.

I've been constantly spending currency though on new builds and items. If I had just kept to my ngamahu cyclone build and just farmed, I would probably have around 1.5-2k chaos.

I've had a ton of failed builds or builds k didn't like that I spent quite a bit on.
I was able to redo an old character and got a ancestral warchief up to 90. Now that I'm mapping I'm getting alot more currency. Wish I new what items and atyributes were worth anything. All my chaos is just from trading other currency. Leveling really is a grind now. One death and it takes forever to get the xp back. I cannot get a damn tukahma fortress or whatever shield to drop :(

Tom Penny

Is there a GAF guild for PoE? I played about 300 hours of breach solo.

IGN Trevor_MBC
Out of curiosity what is the benefits to a league. Is it totally different content? For some reason I never tried one although Ive gotten some standard characters to 70+

Out of curiosity what is the benefits to a league. Is it totally different content? For some reason I never tried one although Ive gotten some standard characters to 70+

Devs use "challenge leagues" (for example "Breach league") as a trial ground for new game mechanics. Every 3 months or so, when league changes, a new set of mechanics are introduced. Breach mechanic for example is a new mechanic. If the mechanic is popular enough, and if it fits the core gameplay, it will be integrated into core game and will also be available in the forever-lasting leagues. Strongboxes are an example of a league-exclusive mechanic that was introduced into core gameplay.

Some people also like that the new league means a complete reset to league economy. Everybody has to start fresh and there are no 10 year old "billionaire" characters with 10 000 hours played that dominate the league. But this is not important for everyone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In truth, the real game is in the leagues and "Standard" is just a dumping ground for league characters, or a place to test stuff because you'll accumulate a lot of wealth with nothing to spend it on.

Tom Penny

In truth, the real game is in the leagues and "Standard" is just a dumping ground for league characters, or a place to test stuff because you'll accumulate a lot of wealth with nothing to spend it on.
So more items and better drops in leagues? Items and
currency carry over?

inky

So more items and better drops in leagues? Items and
currency carry over?

There are more items in the temporary leagues only if said leagues include them, of course. Drop rates are the same.

Everything you did in the temporary leagues gets carried over to the permanent leagues (Standard and Hardcore) once the temps are over (Breach just ended btw). That includes characters, currency and items.

Dropped a Shav's just as the league ends. Alright.

I got Chayula's jewel about a week ago from a regular, and my first 6L a couple of days ago. All at the end of the league. Oh, well. Haha. Sold the Chayula jewel so I can mass buy fusings to get that 6L.

I've disagreed with how GGG has been handling MTX lately, but you know what would make them bank right now?

A sale on Quad stash tabs. The merge is so painful

p.s., I left some legacy maps in the GS. Take what you want (but don't take them all!)

Dahbomb

That Reach of Council nerf....

LMAO
O
LFOR

What the hell was their reasoning for that?

A lot of the changes are great especially the unique buffs but I can't help but feel that they kinda missed out on buffing some of the skills in terms of AOE.

Rufus

The "Other Allies Cannot Die" mod can no longer appear on immobile monsters such as Eye Hatchery or Rakangos.
Finally.

Substantially reducing the size of Perandus Packs, for both balance and performance reasons.
Oh, look at that...

Looking forward to more of these small but very impactful stupidities disappearing.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just picked this back up for the first time in like 3 years lol.

I have a legacy face breakers character going (968%) at level 50 but I decided to start fresh to familiarize myself with the game again and holy shit this game got so much better than I remember it being.

I picked witch because I wanted to focus on spells and I think I found my new obsession in act 3, flameblast!

I linked it with every support spell I could find and this thing is just hilarious fun.

Any of you guys have any recommendations to a returning player on some if the newer mechanics? The last time I played was when they added scions.

Top Bottom