• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

gioGAF

I will be getting this on the QUATTRO for sure, will look for you guys online once the 19th rolls around.

I'm hoping Blizzard will lay off any nerfing bullshit on the UEE. Nothing pains me more than to grind for hours looking for some rare legendary set only to have it nerfed into the ground in a future patch.

Xtyle

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15031886

The Infernal Pauldrons, a unique shoulder wearable at level 1, these devilishly handsome shoulder plates provide bonuses to Vitality, Life per Second, and Cooldown Reduction, and are primed and ready for transmogrification

Arma Mortis and Arma Haereticorum, two exclusive collections of helm and weapon transmogrification recipes to distinguish your hero among the champions of Sanctuary
Liber Canis Mortui, an ancient scroll that will summon a loyal Spectral Hound minion to keep your adventurers company

Three additional character slots to accommodate your new nephalem

If you link your battlenet account with your PSN account you also get another bonus item.

The Signet Ring of the Blizzard is a level 11 Legendary ring that will provide your characters with a nice damage bonus as well as a chance to freeze enemies on hit. Thanks to the guaranteed “Level Reduced by 10” affix, the ring can be worn immediately by new heroes.

Nice!
Pre-ordered!

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
I'm extremely excited for this next week. Between the 360 and PS3 versions of the original game, I've got characters in every discipline at level 60. I thought I would lose some of those, because they were on the different systems, and I only have a PS4, but finding out that I can bring all of them forward to the PS4 makes me as happy as a pig in shit!!!

LCGeek

formerly sane
Grimløck;124945898 said:
cool. i was gonna roll with crusader first then WD. mainly played DH in the vanilla version a long time ago.

DH is pretty straight in the current version much improved over any other version he has existed in since launch, I play both console and pc. Once you get marauders and cloak of garwulf just shit grin.

Yes, they said if you get it on PS3/360 it will transfer over to the ps4/xb1.

Was going to get this for Xbox One, but decided to go with the PS4 since it has extra stuff. Cannot wait to pick up my copy next week.

Just to let you know in case you care, it's unconfirmed but it seems that the PS4 file size is more than double that of the One's. DF said they both look and play the same so they're not quite sure yet why the difference but if you're hard up for hard drive space you might wanna get the One version. Again not confirmed, though if it turns out to be true with no differences in graphics or gameplay I'll be getting the One version just so I can dust it off and actually play something on it.

Oh and btw the PS4 pre-order bonus is just superficial bullshit, it's just enemies modeled after the clickers from TLOU and an armor that looks like a Colossus from SOTC. No extra quests or anything like that.

Jack cw

Oh and btw the PS4 pre-order bonus is just superficial bullshit, it's just enemies modeled after the clickers from TLOU and an armor that looks like a Colossus from SOTC. No extra quests or anything like that.
Still a nice bonus and more friends playing the game online on psn. Cant wait to play D3 for the first time ever. Nice OT!

Okay, so I have never played a Diablo game, but I did play the PS3 Demo and love it. Now before it buy this game, can I actually be able to play solo all the way until level 70? I'm sorry but I just hate playing with people I don't know and I like to have a free schedule.

Bittercup

Those pre-order bonuses like the spectral hound and the additional character slots only for digital pre-orders? The retail version only mentions the Infernal Pauldrons.

So this is supporting remote play on my Vita, right?
Yes

Okay, so I have never played a Diablo game, but I did play the PS3 Demo and love it. Now before it buy this game, can I actually be able to play solo all the way until level 70? I'm sorry but I just hate playing with people I don't know and I like to have a free schedule.
You can play Diablo 3 perfectly fine solo.

Really looking forward to this. Had a lot of fun with the PS3 version, then sold my copy when they announced this. Feels like I've been waiting forever.

The only downside is that my rush to sell my PS3 copy left me without a way to transfer my characters over, so I've been begging around to borrow a copy from someone.

Fingers crossed.

Jack cw

Good for you. I'm not complaining I'm just stating the fact that it's not meaningful content in the slightest.
Dont be bitter about it. Enjoy your version on xbone, no need to downplay any bonuses regardless of the content. Its nice fan service and nothing else.

MattyG

Banned
I was going to get this, but I put a bunch of time into the PC version already so I just picked up the ROS Collectors Edition the other day. I might pick the PS4 version up if the price ever drops though.

Actually, is the console version different enough (and/or better than) from PC that I could justify a second purchase in as many weeks?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played Diablo before. What's it like? Is it pretty linear? Is there much of an emphasis on exploration? For some reason I've always assumed you're just kinda trudging down hallways and plowing through enemies, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

Kikolool

Banned
Did i read that right? Four player local splitscreen? Hoooly shit.

Yeah...we did that on PS3 but that menu locking thing is horrible. Every time someone wanted to "do quickly something in my inventory" everybody else was blocked out :E

HORRORSHØW

Just to let you know in case you care, it's unconfirmed but it seems that the PS4 file size is more than double that of the One's. DF said they both look and play the same so they're not quite sure yet why the difference but if you're hard up for hard drive space you might wanna get the One version. Again not confirmed, though if it turns out to be true with no differences in graphics or gameplay I'll be getting the One version just so I can dust it off and actually play something on it.

lol

So hyped for this! I played the shit out of it on PC at launch and never touched it since. DH was my main but I tried WD also but it was hard as hell with her. Can't wait to get my Crusader out there to smack some demons and oh boy that Remote Play greatness! I pre-ordered the Digital version from PSN so I can hop in at midnight.

Radec

KuGsj.gif

well that's one way to spin things.

OmegaDL50

Again, good for you and all your many others. Oh, and you can bite it...HARD!

Come now, you know if the XB1 version was getting some sort of Covenant enemy cameo or some sort of Transmog set that was reminiscent of the Master Chief armor you wouldn't complain or downplay it as meaningless for the inclusion.

With a reply like that, how can anyone else take it as anything otherwise but being bitter about it.

For those more familiar with the game - does it do a good job of teaching you what to do at the beginning or does it just kind of throw you in and maybe I should read up on things?

Like..you dont need a guide or anything. Everything makes sense and they do the explanations very well. No need to feel intimidated, just jump in and choose a class.

I have it on PC, then got it for 360, defn going in for XB1 now. Somehow, it is so much more fun with a controller.

nowai

I have it on PC, then got it for 360, defn going in for XB1 now. Somehow, it is so much more fun with a controller.

Agreed. I played D3 far too many hours on PC and then fell back in love on the PS3.

I intentionally skipped the expansion on PC, so it would be fresh when I pick it up for PS4. I am also very much hoping remote play is feasible. D3 on the go is just too much for me to handle.

The OT mentions the Last of Us and Shadow of the Colossus content under Preorder Bonuses. I thought they were just exclusive to the Playstation versions, and didn't require a preorder to have. Am I wrong?

mid83

I played D3 at launch for a month or so on PC and haven't touched it since. I've purposely avoided the PC version of the xpac so I can play this on my PS4 and I can't wait!

VandalD

I've never played Diablo before. What's it like? Is it pretty linear? Is there much of an emphasis on exploration? For some reason I've always assumed you're just kinda trudging down hallways and plowing through enemies, but I have no idea if that's accurate.
Plowing through enemies is what Diablo is all about. Exploration is at a bare minimum. You may find more breakables or chests if you fully explore areas, but it doesn't guarantee you anything.

If I had a console, I'd probably pick this up. I played someone else's copy of original D3 on the 360 and was quite impressed with how well the game works with a controller. Made me wish the PC version could be played with a controller. Enjoy the game, folks.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still a nice bonus and more friends playing the game online on psn. Cant wait to play D3 for the first time ever. Nice OT!
Pepper your angus. Great game, but the story is horrible, horrible, horrible.

@people who already know RoS: Is the story from that one at least a bit less stupid? Every dialog in D3 was pure torture.

Jolkien

Pepper your angus. Great game, but the story is horrible, horrible, horrible.

@people who already know RoS: Is the story from that one at least a bit less stupid? Every dialog in D3 was pure torture.

Story is about the same. Thankfully for most people story isn't the main draw but they could've done better.

Top Bottom