• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Aiii

So not worth it
Just pre-ordered on the US store, thread is a bit to big to check this so I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any known problems with transferring characters from the EU PS3 version to NA PS4 version?

Gonna assume nobody knows the answer to this (yet), since I haven't found anything anywhere on the subject, but figured I'd ask anyways.

MrMuscle

Ive played (and i am still playing) a TON of D3 on the PC but i think ill get the PS4 version as well. Im just very curious on how it is to play with a controller plus i do love this game to death.

I am a little sad that is has no battle.net support though. Will there be any online armoury for our characters or is that totally out?

What about clans? Would be fun to be in a NeoGaf D3 PS4 clan.

Raxious

Just pre-ordered on the US store, thread is a bit to big to check this so I apologize if this has been asked before, but are there any known problems with transferring characters from the EU PS3 version to NA PS4 version?

Gonna assume nobody knows the answer to this (yet), since I haven't found anything anywhere on the subject, but figured I'd ask anyways.

I'm guessing it's not gonna work.

I'm tempted of buying it through the US store as well, it's gonna save me 23 euro's :eek:

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm guessing it's not gonna work.

I'm tempted of buying it through the US store as well, it's gonna save me 23 euro's :eek:

My reasoning as well. Worse case scenario I have to start over which honestly isn't that much of a hassle, gonna trophy hunt this anyways since I platinumed the PS3 version, and I almost never platinum games.

Does the best armour generally look coolest?

Is there a way of transferring equipment stats to other equipment, so you can combine the best stats with the best aesthetics

OmegaDL50

The only question I have, which I'm likely to find out is regards to the D3 pre-order bonus.

Apparently the D3 pre-order DLC is tied to my PSN and this content can be transferred to the PS4 version of Reaper of Souls.

There seems to be some confusion though that the content is stated to be limited to only characters that are transferred during the old D3 console version to the newer UEE version.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13779228028

However, what If I wanted to make an entirely character, since the Crusader didn't exist in the original version of D3, then how would the new class be able use the Infernal Helm, the Dyes, and Wings for example.

Well I'll find out in 7 days regardless.

Duallusion

Why o' why doesn't this release this week. I can't wait to start it all over again and enjoy all the changes from vanilla DIII.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks so much for the positive reaction on the thread, guys!

Just to let you know in case you care, it's unconfirmed but it seems that the PS4 file size is more than double that of the One's. DF said they both look and play the same so they're not quite sure yet why the difference but if you're hard up for hard drive space you might wanna get the One version. Again not confirmed, though if it turns out to be true with no differences in graphics or gameplay I'll be getting the One version just so I can dust it off and actually play something on it.

Oh and btw the PS4 pre-order bonus is just superficial bullshit, it's just enemies modeled after the clickers from TLOU and an armor that looks like a Colossus from SOTC. No extra quests or anything like that.

Seems Blizzard have said the sizes shown on store are incorrect. Might as well get it on the PS4 now with the shit free stuff?

UPDATE 11/08/2014 9.03pm: Blizzard has told me the PS4 Ultimate Edition file size listed by Sony for download - 62.7GB - is inaccurate. A spokesperson told me Blizzard was investigating.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

Meneses

This is probably a stupid question (and has probably been answered a million times in different threads), but are there region specific servers, and if so, are they tied to the game or to the account?

Like, if I buy the digital US version, when I play it in a Euro account will the game connect to the US or Euro servers?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll grab it digital from the PSN store for PS4 I think. No good retail deals at the moment. My gaming laptop blew up before I could even finish before so I'm really looking forward to it.

Diablo virgin here, got a question:

So two people (X and Y) are playing the game on two separate PS4 consoles. At one point, they want to play locally on X's PS4. Can player Y somehow access his player from X's console and play with him/her?

Raxious

My reasoning as well.
Especially considering I'm guessing there's not gonna be any payed DLC.

Worse case scenario I have to start over which honestly isn't that much of a hassle, gonna trophy hunt this anyways since I platinumed the PS3 version, and I almost never platinum games.

I never got the Platinum trophy for the PS3 version, I might try and get the PS4.

cjp

I want to pre-order this on the UK PSN as I have some refunded money in the wallet, but 59.99 is a hard price to swallow. Completely insane pricing to me and I don't really feel I can support it.

The OT mentions the Last of Us and Shadow of the Colossus content under Preorder Bonuses. I thought they were just exclusive to the Playstation versions, and didn't require a preorder to have. Am I wrong?

I think you're right.

Aiii

So not worth it
Diablo virgin here, got a question:

So two people (X and Y) are playing the game on two separate PS4 consoles. At one point, they want to play locally on X's PS4. Can player Y somehow access his player from X's console and play with him/her?

I transferred my character via USB stick to another PS3, I assume that's how you do it on PS4 as well.

Not sure if they have a fancier way now.

I transferred my character via USB stick to another PS3, I assume that's how you do it on PS4 as well.

Not sure if they have a fancier way now.

Actually my hope was that you can access your PSN account on a friend's PS4, and from there access your player for local coop. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Actually my hope was that you can access your PSN account on a friend's PS4, and from there access your player for local coop. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

I guess maybe as long you've updated and uploaded your save/character data, there would be no reason that you shouldn't be able to create a user on the friends PS4 and download it.

Kyoufu

Just pre-ordered this on PS4. If anyone wants to play add me on PSN: Kyoufu2

I played this for 600+ hours on PC but eventually stopped because I didn't like the lack of item trading.

Thanks so much for the positive reaction on the thread, guys!

tumblr_ly7s0wv84v1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Well, yeah, but at least playing with friends, you can gift them items or something like that. It's at least more beneficial to play with friends on console than on PC.

Isn't the gifting an item drop? I don't think you can gift anything. Off to Google

Edit
One of those is player gifts. In the console version, players who get a Legendary item from a loot drop will also get a second bonus item that can be gifted to a friend through the PS4 game's player mail system. Berger explained how that will work.

"I'm going to be running around, killing monsters and a Legendary will drop," he said, "and then — cue awesome sound, column of light — a box, a gift will pop off that Legendary. It's going to say 'Gift for Michael.' I'm going to pick it up and send it to you." That gifted item will be of either Rare or Legendary class and can be used by the player character who opened it.

"Even though you and I are not adventuring together," Berger said, "I can give you something, and still make it feel like we're playing together."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/8/50...as-exclusive-features-not-available-on-pc-ps3

h3ro

Never played a Diablo game before and my only experience with this type of game was Torchlight on XBLA (which I loved!). Had a few questions:

Does the loot quality and experience amount increase with difficulty level?

Can you transmogrify armor more than once? As in if I transmog an armor to look like the SotC armor, can I do it again on another set?

Can the crusader dual weild weapons? If not, is he at a DPS disadvantage compared to the other classes?

I plan on playing mostly solo and don't mind being OP nor do I have a particular class preference. Which do you think it's best to pick?

Thanks y'all.

Blinck

Excellent OT ! Will certainly buy this game when I get a PS4

Just a small thing (might have been mentioned already): The FAQ answers are very hard to see if one is using the white theme, specially with a high brightness display. They are basically invisible on the Vita! :p

Aiii

So not worth it
Never played a Diablo game before and my only experience with this type of game was Torchlight on XBLA (which I loved!). Had a few questions:

It does, there's special difficulty levels that specifically increase mob difficulty and rewards, in fact.

Can you transmogrify armor more than once? As in if I transmog an armor to look like the SotC armor, can I do it again on another set?
Yes, you can.

Can the crusader dual weild weapons? If not, is he at a DPS disadvantage compared to the other classes?

I plan on playing mostly solo and don't mind being OP nor do I have a particular class preference. Which do you think it's best to pick?

Thanks y'all.
All classes are perfectly balanced, it doesn't really matter which one you chose, your gear will pretty much decide where you're at DPS-wise. They only differ in the way you play them, but they're pretty much balanced otherwise.

Played it a lot on PC but only as monk so will try multiple classes this time.

Preordered digitally. Looking forward to it.

Only thing that sucks is that its £60. Kind of a rediculas price but I know I'll get tons of hours out of it and I got the credit sitting there.

Still ps4 game prices are getting kinds crazy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Played it a lot on PC but only as monk so will try multiple classes this time.

Preordered digitally. Looking forward to it.

Only thing that sucks is that its £60. Kind of a rediculas price but I know I'll get tons of hours out of it and I got the credit sitting there.

Still ps4 game prices are getting kinds crazy.

Really, the answer here is the US PSN store, EU prices are ridiculous, but 59 USD comes to a real nice European price.

Skunkers

Thanks y'all.
1) Experience does, loot quality doesn't exactly; your legendary drop chance does get higher with difficulty, the others don't and base stats of the actual gear that drops are not affected either.
2) Yes and yes.
3) No, and hard to answer until the next patch is final. Blizz is making changes to base damage rolls on two handers soon which will be big for Crusaders; if you didn't know, while Crusaders cannot dual wield, they do have a skill which lets them hold a two-handed weapon and a shield at the same time. Crusaders probably are not the highest DPS class though, and probably won't be by design in the future either.
4) Hard to say, I find most of the classes equally rewarding in different ways. They are all different enough from each other it can be refreshing to play a new one after playing another for a long period of time. Just choose which ever one interests you the most.
Or just pick a Wizard, because Wizards kick ass.

pixlexic

Banned
Digital Foundry performance analysis:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis
Strange performance drop on PS4 but overall looks fine in the video and seems to be without the day 1 patch.

To cut to the chase, the PS4 version isn't as smooth in action as its Xbox One counterpart, despite both versions sharing identical assets to PC on its highest settings. Having tested both extensively over the last few days, with a mind to produce a full Face-Off feature once the Gamescom mania is dispensed with, the promise of 60fps is, on the face of it, delivered on both of the new-wave consoles. We ran both versions of the game through our analysis tools, which reported a flawless frame-rate on both - but there's a catch.

uh no we need a new thread! lol

pixlexic

Banned
Good to hear that the XB1 runs well. Maybe they'll fix the PS4 version with a patch. I've got friends who'll play on both so I might just grab it on both.

yeah to be fair this before the day one patches on both. xbone moving up to 1080p might not keep the same performance and PS4's day one patch might increase its performance.

but it still is pretty funny.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Digital Foundry performance analysis:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis
Strange performance drop on PS4 but overall looks fine in the video and seems to be without the day 1 patch.

This article was jumping the gun. The day 1 patch comes out today which brings the xbone to 1080p. We also don't know if there are improvements in performance for the PS4 version. None of the preview videos or hands on mentioned this kind of frame rate drops. I will hold off freaking out until they update the article with the day 1 patch.

You people are gonna have a blast. I haven't played the console version but i got like 2k hrs on the PC and half of them were from RoS.

Top Bottom