• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

kaskade

I played the starter edition of the PC version (to level 10) and enjoyed it. I was thinking about getting it there but I feel like trying out the console version. I'm just kinda curious how the controller feels vs the clicking of the mouse and keyboard.

ZenaxPure

Like last time the console gear could roll with higher CHD and CHC. Emeralds also gave 10% more CHD on the consoles. Weapons also could roll higher raw damage on consoles.

That was primarily because there was no AH on consoles AND the difficulty was different (console did not have monster power, it had a different system tuned different). This time around both games have the exact same difficulty levels (with presumably the same numbers).

Like I said, if you just go watch that stream you can see items on the console version roll the exact same stats as the PC version (this is something I was curious about so I checked when I first watched it). They even picked up a legendary item and it was no different. So unless there are very specific items that are just better on the console version for some reason, the stats on items are the same this time around. Like I said, I'm pretty sure this is because the difficulties are actually the same now instead of both versions being different.

Magnus

Does....does the story blurb in Yoshi's OP actually spoil the entire story of LoS?

Sorry, I don't mean to knock you and all man, but that's kinda crummy for those of us who haven't played since vanilla D3. :(

quest

Not Banned from OT
Care to point out a few of these please? I only seen the game played under level 70. Like to see what the level 70 drops and difficulty are like.

ZenaxPure

Care to point out a few of these please? I only seen the game played under level 70. Like to see what the level 70 drops and difficulty are like.

2h sword from the console version from the gamespot stream:
4b6Hniz.png

Exact same level 2h sword I crafted on the PC version:

I'd post more examples but it's too time consuming lol. Anyway, based on everything in the stream the stats on items are the same this time (but like I said, makes sense because the games have the exact same difficulty select now instead of like before where the PC version had MP and the console version didn't). There might be some outliers somewhere, but we don't know about them yet.

Also both of those weapons are shitty so don't think of them as what you will get at level 70. Item levels in ROS are level 61 and level 70 and both of these items are level 61, actual level 70 items have higher stats.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does....does the story blurb in Yoshi's OP actually spoil the entire story of LoS?

Sorry, I don't mean to knock you and all man, but that's kinda crummy for those of us who haven't played since vanilla D3. :(
I'm terribly sorry, man! I edited the OP... again, really sorry...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have PSN friends all across the globe.

Is the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 cross-region enabled or does it require to start a new character from zero?

edit: no one?

romulus91

to diablo hardcores ... if i played a monk on pc when it released and finished the game, is there enough differences with updates, etc to make him feel fresh? if not what is more fun to play out of DH, crusader or barbarian? (not considering endgame damage, etc)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I played the starter edition of the PC version (to level 10) and enjoyed it. I was thinking about getting it there but I feel like trying out the console version. I'm just kinda curious how the controller feels vs the clicking of the mouse and keyboard.

More comfortable especially movement using a stick. Don't expect a direct action game though popping abilities or attacking like a hack n slash. It's still slapping buttons off cool down timers so in that respect combat isn't too different from playing on pc. UI takes time to get accustomed with but on the whole I much preferred it with a controller.

quest

Not Banned from OT
to diablo hardcores ... if i played a monk on pc when it released and finished the game, is there enough differences with updates, etc to make him feel fresh? if not what is more fun to play out of DH, crusader or barbarian? (not considering endgame damage, etc)

If you want fresh DH since it would be ranged so very different than the melee monk you played.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Every class is completely viable nowadays for T6 stuff, but, monk is the most fucked up.

Viable yes but likely for most players is a entirely different situation which is all sorts of fucked up when you think about it.

Blizzard seems intent on destroying these two classes as much as they can. Interestingly enough they were both designed by the same person.

Both classes also really suck for greater rifts but a recent ranking post on the D3 forums show the monk is a whole nother level of suck.

kaskade there are difference that should be pointed out. The controller offers a nice way to learn the game as you can target and snap to enemies in a way you can't on pc. The problem with this is that it's harder to target things in the back or kite like you can on KB&M. You don't need a lot of buttons so the game fighting mechanics are more about your cooldown or setting up fights properly or just knowing how to fight certain packs. Both have obvious pros and cons in a title like this.

Nesther

I was absolutely addicted to D2 back in the day, but skipped D3 on PC because of all the negative feedback it got in the beginning.

I get a tingling happy feeling thinking about playing this on PS4, so that means I'll probably end up getting this.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I was absolutely addicted to D2 back in the day, but skipped D3 on PC because of all the negative feedback it got in the beginning.

I get a tingling happy feeling thinking about playing this on PS4, so that means I'll probably end up getting this.

Basically since the first console version the problems of launch D3 are gone. The problems that exist now are very different and unless your using certain classes or builds non existent.

The game is a lot better now and console users twice for this title have had really solid builds or meta to work with.

What about the gore?

We had a digital foundry article and says it uses the high settings that pc can use so I assume gore, clutter density, and fx should be what pc users with a decent machine get.

Vanilla was pretty bad but it's great now. Also on the fence about getting the PS4 version as I must have put nearly 800 or so hours into PC version but might still pick it up. PSN: plbelanger if anyone wants to add me.

lmbotiva

Can't decide.. physical or digital...
Always physical, if you don't like the game or ends up being a mess full of bugs and such you can at least sell it and get something back, believe me, I'm still grieving my battlefield 4 digital purchase

carlsojo

Always physical, if you don't like the game or ends up being a mess full of bugs and such you can at least sell it and get something back, believe me, I'm still grieving my battlefield 4 digital purchase

True, I mean the only reason I'd go digital is for convenience so I won't have to switch discs back and forth between TLOU and D3.

lmbotiva

True, I mean the only reason I'd go digital is for convenience so I won't have to switch discs back and forth between TLOU and D3.
It'll take you 30 seconds tops to change a disc, it'll take you months to get over the 60 bucks you lost if the game sucks, always physical

OmegaDL50

I think Battlefield 4 was an issue regardless whatever platform it was released on.

Diablo III: UEE probably won't be nearly on the same level. In fact dare I say if those played the original PS3 or 360 release enjoyed the game, well getting RoS really is going to be an improved experience in almost every way. I don't think D3: UEE is going to have an issue with sucking, if one was to buy it digital. Unless of course the person doesn't like these sorts of games.

D3 at launch on PC compared to it's current state now, it's night and day. In fact it's almost to say it's compare to Diablo 2 v1.00 to Lord of Destruction v1.13. As much praise D2 gets, mostly positive experiences from the Lords of Destruction patch. Not many people remember the niggling issues that pre-LoD Diablo 2 had. Of course 14 years ago is a long time to remember.

Jagxyz

2h sword from the console version from the gamespot stream:

Exact same level 2h sword I crafted on the PC version:

I'd post more examples but it's too time consuming lol. Anyway, based on everything in the stream the stats on items are the same this time (but like I said, makes sense because the games have the exact same difficulty select now instead of like before where the PC version had MP and the console version didn't). There might be some outliers somewhere, but we don't know about them yet.

Also both of those weapons are shitty so don't think of them as what you will get at level 70. Item levels in ROS are level 61 and level 70 and both of these items are level 61, actual level 70 items have higher stats.

Damn, that item UI is pretty damn sweet on the PC. Unfortunate that console versions have a different one.

Ashtar

I have PSN friends all across the globe.

Is the Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 cross-region enabled or does it require to start a new character from zero?

edit: no one?

You can import a character from PS3 or XBox 360 if you have the latest patch. I'm not sure what you mean by cross region enabled.

If anyone is interested, someone is streaming the PS4 version on twitch. According to the chat the person streaming is a game reviewer that's why they have a copy already. I don't know what site the person reviews for.

EDIT: Wow, a bunch of people in the stream saying they just preordered the game digitally. Many said its their first digital game.

lmbotiva

Anyone gonna create the review thread for this? There's already like 12 reviews on metacritic and I'm guessing more will come in today

Jolkien

Pretty sure it's cross-region.

I'm not looking forward to leveling from 1-70 again.

It's incredibly fast now if you level a second character (assuming your transferring a lvl 60). Adventure mode lvling speed is super fast. Otherwise if it's like the PC version get someone to kill ht efinal boss for you to quickly unlock adventure mode.

Kyoufu

It's incredibly fast now if you level a second character (assuming your transferring a lvl 60). Adventure mode lvling speed is super fast. Otherwise if it's like the PC version get someone to kill ht efinal boss for you to quickly unlock adventure mode.

Hopefully someone here can do that for me.

How is the drop rate on consoles compared to PC? On the PC version, I would farm for hours and hours and end up with next to nothing. Usually some trash legendaries which just made me feel like I wasted my time.

Jolkien

Hopefully someone here can do that for me.

How is the drop rate on consoles compared to PC? On the PC version, I would farm for hours and hours and end up with next to nothing. Usually some trash legendaries which just made me feel like I wasted my time.

Once I get my first 60 to 70 I'll gladly do it for you. (If your playing on PS4, add me on PSN: Nakhar) As for the gearing up I can't speak for RoS yet (obviously) but on console it was pretty easy, I was getting upgrades pretty reliably and I ended up with very decent stats in I'd say about 5-10 hours from hitting lvl 60. Of course I could still find upgrades in most slots but I had a good base already.

Helscream

Banned
Pre-Ordered my digital copy last week on the PSN. Also went ahead and exported my Paragon 100 Barbarian to the B.Net servers.

I think the last time I was this hyped for a game was probably Twisted Metal.

Is there clan support for the console version? If so, are GAF clans being planned? I'd like to get in a PS4 GAF clan and team up with like minded Diablo fans.

anddo0

Pre-Ordered my digital copy last week on the PSN. Also went ahead and exported my Paragon 100 Barbarian to the B.Net servers.

I think the last time I was this hyped for a game was probably Twisted Metal.

I thought transferring would be a pain. But it's nothing more than cloud saving.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is there clan support for the console version? If so, are GAF clans being planned? I'd like to get in a PS4 GAF clan and team up with like minded Diablo fans.

Not right now at first blizzard was talking about using friends lists as its "clan" support. Now recently they have talked about adding some sort of "clan" features to consoles. But mentioned nothing specific and will talk about it in the future. I could see something coming with the 2.1.0 release on new gen consoles.

Not right now at first blizzard was talking about using friends lists as its "clan" support. Now recently they have talked about adding some sort of "clan" features to consoles. But mentioned nothing specific and will talk about it in the future. I could see something coming with the 2.1.0 release on new gen consoles.

Bummer. Is there a list of GAF PS4 D3 players anywhere?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Too bad you can't import PC characters.
I'll wait for the reviews to see if it's worth quiting the PC version.

njean777

So where does one go to transfer your characters? I got a 60 Demon hunter, and a couple other as that that need to be transferred.

So where does one go to transfer your characters? I got a 60 Demon hunter, and a couple other as that that need to be transferred.

Load up the game and go to the main menu, select "more" at the bottom, then go to "export save". This was just recently patched into the game.

Never played any Diablo ( i know, i know...) could anyone recommend a Youtuber or site to check out for basics/tips/etc.? I honestly don't know how i've missed these games... shit looks right up my alley.

Top Bottom