• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

tmespe

Looking forward to playing this. Would be nice to have some more people on my friends list for this, so if anyone wants to add me my PSN is teermi.

(Never played a Diablo game so this might be silly)

How does match making work? Are you paired with people doing the same (I'm gonna go ahead and use the word) mission as you or is it sorted by level or?

Also, if my toon is a high level and my friend is just starting, can I jump into his game and just carry him or does the game adjust?

Just trying to understand my multiplayer options better!!

BashNasty

I don't know why, but I want the ps4 version so bad. I played more than 100 hours on Pc... I am so weak

I've played 400+ hours of Diablo III on PC, enough to have largely burnt myself out on it, and am still very much looking forward to playing it again on PS4. People seem to overlook just how much directly controlling your character vs. clicking with a mouse changes the core experience. That plus couch Co-op is going to make Ultimate Evil Edition a very fresh experience.

tmespe

The OT says local is splitscreen? In the original console version it was just single screen. Did this change?

I'm pretty sure it's the same screen. At least that was the case in the some preview videos I've seen, one with two blizzard devs playing the game and answering questions.

drotahorror

I've played 400+ hours of Diablo III on PC, enough to have largely burnt myself out on it, and am still very much looking forward to playing it again on PS4. People seem to overlook just how much directly controlling your character vs. clicking with a mouse changes the core experience. That plus couch Co-op is going to make Ultimate Evil Edition a very fresh experience.

Every time I start reading about 'its so different when using a controller' etc etc, I want to get it so bad haha. But yeah, ridic amount of hours on D3 when it first came out for me. Inferno Diablo made me and some others quit about 3 weeks after release.

Castef

Banned
I'll start the XB1 version in a few days. Avoided playing the game before, with the exception of a demo. Let's see...

Having Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls on PC, having a laptop that chugs durring Act 3 mayhem (not running on the highest settings), is still worth getting on PS4?

The PC version have have plenty of players for many years to come, not so sure about that on PS4

thenexus6

Some guy on twitch is steaming called Shoezzz PS4 version. He's not upto much towards the very beginning of the game obviously. Nice seeing how it looks on PS4

Had this pre-ordered for over a year now! Sods law I'm on holiday in Cyprus when it releases!

5zfp1TC.png

I'm eagerly looking forward to play this on PS4. I haven't played anything Diablo-related since Lord of Destruction back in 2005. Edit: Oh wait... that Diablo 3 beta, though. I totally forgot about that.

I'm thinking I'll go digital for the first time for PS4 because this game feels like something you'll pick up and play for shorter sessions, also considering there's no disc swapping necessary.

Marlenus

I want this game on PS4 and I am trying to go mostly digital but some publishers PSN pricing is making that very difficult.

I can get the game for £45.00 easily online but for some reason blizzard want to charge £59.99 for it on the PSN store. I hope that is just a temporary price like it was with Infamous prior to release.

TLOU:R was £38 on amazon so for a couple of quid I did not mind getting it on PSN, same with Infamous and Tomb Raider DE but £15 is way too much extra for the convenience of digital download.

biteren

oh man... my copy will be here next week for PS4!! ive been holding out from from buying for ps3 for this!!

im gonna be the monk and become THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!!!!

but the waiting...

Kyoufu

I want this game on PS4 and I am trying to go mostly digital but some publishers PSN pricing is making that very difficult.

I can get the game for £45.00 easily online but for some reason blizzard want to charge £59.99 for it on the PSN store. I hope that is just a temporary price like it was with Infamous prior to release.

TLOU:R was £38 on amazon so for a couple of quid I did not mind getting it on PSN, same with Infamous and Tomb Raider DE but £15 is way too much extra for the convenience of digital download.

If you want to go fully digital on PS4, then buy your games from US PSN. You will save A LOT of money. Buying PSN $$ is easy on Amazon.com using a US billing address.

ashylarry

Can someone eventually make a Googledoc so it will be super easy to add each other as you see immediately the timezone etc of other people. I would make it myself but i have no idea how it works :(

Marlenus

If you want to go fully digital on PS4, then buy your games from US PSN. You will save A LOT of money. Buying PSN $$ is easy on Amazon.com using a US billing address.

I have thought about it. Diablo 3 works out at £36.00 doing it that way which is cheaper than retail pricing. I also have a credit card with no foreign exchange fees and almost perfect exchange rates which makes it about as cheap as possible to do it. I almost did it for TLOU:R but decided against it for some reason. If it is going to be consistently £10 + cheaper though which it looks like it is then I think I need to, over a year that is enough savings to buy 3/4 extra games.

Andrew.

Banned
reposting from OG D3 thread:

Not sure where else to ask since I dont see any OT up for the PS4/XB1 version coming out next Tuesday, but am I gonna need PS+ to play online co op for this?

Im still gonna pick it up regardless and romp through it solo, but if I can play with others without PS+ that'd be awesome.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Pretty much any gear worth trading will be BoA.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Bind_on_Account

The flip side is this allows Blizzard to increase the frequency of Legendary/Set items dropping as well as the "smart loot" mechanic. As well as fixing the duping problem that plagued the console version.

BOA is for the PC version. During the Q&A on gamespot the devs said that almost everything can be traded. You can even mail items to people on your friends list. I am sure the exceptions will be like vanillia D3 for consoles hellfire gear and max level gems.

Also the drop rate on UEE will be lower than on vanilla D3 for consoles. The consoles will get the current PC drop rates while buffed less than what console players are used to on vanilla D3.

Admodieus

On the fence about getting this, I have the base game and RoS on PC along with a ton of hours into them. However, I feel like I would enjoy playing some of the classes more on console. Was that the case for anybody else who made the switch to the PS3/360 versions last year?

Played this a ton with the girlfriend on ps3 when it came out, ready to jump back in. Only concern I have is how the inventory system works during couch co-op. In the ps3 version only one person could open their inventory, upgrade weapons, buy weapons, at a time. This is was only thing that really annoyed me, slows down the game play when one person has to sit and wait for the other to go through their inventory. So can both players in local co-op open inventory screens at the same time?

mindsale

Should I re-purchase Diablo III PS3 (I sold it in anticipation of UEE) to import my characters to PS4? 29 Barbarian, 20 WD, 20 Wizard, 20 DH, 10 Monk.

Bittercup

On the fence about getting this, I have the base game and RoS on PC along with a ton of hours into them. However, I feel like I would enjoy playing some of the classes more on console. Was that the case for anybody else who made the switch to the PS3/360 versions last year?
Yes. I played Diablo 3 on PC first but skipped RoS so far because I absolutely loved how the game controls on consoles and now rather get the Ultimate Evil Edition instead.
If you have a last gen console, there is a demo to test for yourself.

Should I re-purchase Diablo III PS3 (I sold it in anticipation of UEE) to import my characters to PS4? 29 Barbarian, 20 WD, 20 Wizard, 20 DH, 10 Monk.
Can you rent it? Or get a cheaper used copy? I wouldn't pay too much just for importing.
If that's not an option I probably wouldn't. It shouldn't take too long to get back to those levels.

Kyoufu

BOA is for the PC version. During the Q&A on gamespot the devs said that almost everything can be traded. You can even mail items to people on your friends list. I am sure the exceptions will be like vanillia D3 for consoles hellfire gear and max level gems.

Also the drop rate on UEE will be lower than on vanilla D3 for consoles. The consoles will get the current PC drop rates while buffed less than what console players are used to on vanilla D3.

Man, this is great news. Lack of trading on the PC version was a big factor in quitting that game.

I will send unwanted goodies to anyone on my PSN list.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Use US PSN. Games are £36, its ideal. Got a free £10 UK PSN credit and even with that deduction, its cheaper on US PSN.

you will level faster in UEE from new bonuses-and bringing (IMO) those low level characters wouldnt make much of a ddifference-and you would be out that money-

if you were bringing a few lvl 60 characters over then it makes sense- save your money and start over-

Pre-ordered from Game UK for my sins I really want the keyring! Oh dear!

Would go US Digital but I'm a bit nervous of losing access after a fiasco I once had with Steam

Anyone else getting this on the PS3? I'm worried we won't get any content updates later on.. I dont want to purchase a next-gen console just for one game.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I thought that was only for PS4/X1?

It was for just PS4/X1 there is no planned support for last gen consoles except maybe bug fixes. Blizzard support has confirmed this I posted it if you search my history.

Here is the quote from blizzard support

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15157764/#comments you need scroll down to see it.

"Ultimate Evil Edition on last-gen console platforms will ship with 2.0.5 content on the disc, and will be receiving a day 1 patch to introduce 2.0.6 content. There are no plans, however, to provide ongoing patch support for PS3 and Xbox 360 post-launch.

While we'd like to regularly deliver updates to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well, there are enough differences between console generations that it's not feasible to do so without impacting our ability to deliver high-quality updates in a timely fashion."

Bittercup

Update to the Digital Foundry analysis in regards to the performance hits on PS4:

"After we we read your article we went back through, looked at the code, and determined that we made mistake on, essentially, updates. So we're now at full 60 frames. We're now posting an update that will go up before the day one patch, and will be part of the day one patch," Hight continues."
more at the link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis

Sioen

Update to the Digital Foundry analysis in regards to the performance hits on PS4:

"After we we read your article we went back through, looked at the code, and determined that we made mistake on, essentially, updates. So we're now at full 60 frames. We're now posting an update that will go up before the day one patch, and will be part of the day one patch," Hight continues."
more at the link:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-diablo-3-performance-analysis
That's nice! Gj digital foundry with your article then, thanks to them it's fixed before release.

funkypie

Banned

more at the link:

lol and people were bitching about the DF article...

more at the link:

um best developers ever? and huge props to Digital Foundry too.

This is actually a quite amazing story about what can happen when passionate enthusiasts and artists work together to make a better product for the consumer.

Does this warrant a new thread?

Top Bottom