• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I already have Diablo 3 for PS3. Is there a plain old DLC option for Ultimate Edition?

No, but the Ultimate Evil Edition is $40 on PS3 and Xbox 360, instead of $60. It uses the same saves, you just use the new disc instead of the old one. (Or if digital, you launch UEE instead of the old version.) Effectively you're paying the same $40 that RoS costs on PC.

Respect

animated-gif-dancing-cat.gif

Day one for me, will be my first exp with Diablo 3!

SBDQeo5.png

Badgerst3

Getting intrigued. Never played this series at all. Seems pretty fantastic.

How long is the core game with expansion? Not sure I have 80 hours plus to sink.

Any thoughts on character to roll with for a first time player?

Is there a ranged/melee mix character?

BFIB

How long is the core game with expansion? Not sure I have 80 hours plus to sink.

Reaching level 60 is just starting out. I've put well over 500 hrs into D3 on my PC. Probably more, I haven't checked my playtime in a while. But its the perfect pick up and play game, especially once you unlock Adventure Mode.

Badgerst3

Reaching level 60 is just starting out. I've put well over 500 hrs into D3 on my PC. Probably more, I haven't checked my playtime in a while. But its the perfect pick up and play game, especially once you unlock Adventure Mode.

Thx. Guess I would lean towards DH. Like ranged typed characters. Imagine that class can wield swords, etc as well.

LCGeek

formerly sane

You can pick up and play this game once you beat it initially, the whole point is to sink time in for the better loot. Not all at once but over time I do it off and off.

Considering what you asked about ranged melee mix imo I'd go crusader, demon hunter, or wizard and look up certain builds to get the mix you want.

If you don't want to spend a lot of time learn to powerlevel and powergrind cause the game just isn't as great until you get 70 and paragons. First run take it easy with characters after that just crank the difficulty till your mob or elite clearing speed goes way down.

Bittercup

Eurogamer updates their article about the file size of the EU PSN version:

"The original Sony listing is an error - the actual size of the game client which is also comprised of the language files for the game in English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB.
"When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

rSpooky

Sorry if this is mentioned but in local coop is this version finally using spliscreen inventory management? It is the one thing I hated in the ps3 version , having to wait on eachother constantly to be done with inventory stuff because it would take up the whole screen, Where as in Baldurs gate and EQ on the ps2 you would be able to do this at the same time. using a split screen inventory.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Eurogamer updates their article about the file size of the EU PSN version:

"The original Sony listing is an error - the actual size of the game client which is also comprised of the language files for the game in English, French, German and Italian, is 37.8 GB.
"When players actually download the game they will get the game and the language file of their choice, which will come in at around 16GB."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-11-diablo-3-download-install-sizes-are-much-higher-on-ps4

Ah, good.

Considering what you asked about ranged melee mix imo I'd go crusader, demon hunter, or wizard and look up certain builds to get the mix you want

Crusader looks and sounds like a pure melee, but it's sort of a mix. I didn't realize that at first. A lot of the abilities have some range to them. For example Holy Shotgun and Firestarter builds both focus on abilities that have range to them. Holy Shotgun could be considered close to medium range, because the highest dmg is right in front of your where the 3 beams can hit one target, but with Firestarter you're casting a spell that can hit enemies on the edge of the screen. Crusaders get the same across the board damage reduction that monks and barbarians get though, so you'll probably find them a little less squishy than the purely ranged characters.

Petrie

Banned
Ahhh, I've barely played the PC version even though I bought the expansion. Why do I want to buy this still? What's wrong with me?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Crusader looks and sounds like a pure melee, but it's sort of a mix. I didn't realize that at first. A lot of the abilities have some range to them. For example Holy Shotgun and Firestarter builds both focus on abilities that have range to them. Holy Shotgun could be considered close to medium range, because the highest dmg is right in front of your where the 3 beams can hit one target, but with Firestarter you're casting a spell that can hit enemies on the edge of the screen. Crusaders get the same across the board damage reduction that monks and barbarians get though, so you'll probably find them a little less squishy than the purely ranged characters.

Crusaders are like the top of diablo in terms of power right next to the witch doctor. He's tanky as fuck and his burst is incredible till you hit the Greater Rifters at about mid 20s. In the current live in t6 they can basically melt mobs and elites with a few hits.

The only ranged character who needs to totally worry about getting sacked by people is the wizard. While this is an issue early on for a demon hunter once you get your pets mobs can be distracted by them easily so you don't worry about the squish same applies to witch doctor.

Just speaking from experience I've had myself, with gaffers, or clanmmates.

nemss I totally agree and has plenty of build diversity

Mr.Fresh

You guys think the controls on this will be decent on the vita? Remote play has underwhelmed me just because of how terrible the controls are for most games due to the touch screen and less shoulder buttons.

Kyoufu

You guys think the controls on this will be decent on the vita? Remote play has underwhelmed me just because of how terrible the controls are for most games due to the touch screen and less shoulder buttons.

If you put the longer cooldown abilities on the L2/R2 buttons then you won't have to use the backtouch all that often.

Badgerst3

Good info. Thx all

Bittercup

If I remember correctly d-pad left wasn't used at all in Diablo 3 and skills were on the face buttons, R1 and R2 while L2 was used for the non important lock on target feature. So d-pad left could be a good substitute for the skill slot that would be on R2 and no need to use touch for the missing triggers. I hope you can map the controls like that. L3/R3 didn't do anything useful either. So hopefully there won't be any problems with the controls on the Vita.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Day one. Hoping couch coop is a decent way to play.

I have never played diablo in my life.

anddo0

I hope the sound mixing is better. Sometimes while in town (PS3) it was almost dead silent. I think they need to crank the background music up a few notches. .

Slixshot

Banned
Does this game have couch coop? Can't find anywhere specifically saying it does. (PS4, btw)

EDIT: LOL Did not skip to the last page. ANSWERED! Thanks up there ^^^

I hope the sound mixing is better. Sometimes while in town (PS3) it was almost dead silent. I think they need to crank the background music up a few notches. .

Don't they let you adjust specific sound levels (music/voice/atmosphere etc) like in the PC version?

Dire

Day one. Hoping couch coop is a decent way to play.

I have never played diablo in my life.

Something somebody mentioned in another thread was quite apt. I also think it's a better way of looking at the game for fans of Diablo 2. The game is a lot more like Marvel Ultimate Alliance on steroids than something like a Diablo title. If you enjoyed couch co-op on MUA then you'll love D3 since it's the same, but much better. Having D2 on your mind while playing D3 is much more a burden than benefit!

ZangBa

Quick question, if I finish Act V with my monk, will I be able to head straight into adventure mode with a new crusader? Or will I need to finish all Acts with him first?

Justin

Quick question, if I finish Act V with my monk, will I be able to head straight into adventure mode with a new crusader? Or will I need to finish all Acts with him first?

You only need to complete the campaign once then any character can jump right into adventure mode.

Dynamic3

Have they retooled skills such as falling sword so that they no longer can be targeted and just hit where you're currently standing? Curious to see how these would work with a controller.

Have they retooled skills such as falling sword so that they no longer can be targeted and just hit where you're currently standing? Curious to see how these would work with a controller.

It will cast at the targeted monster (in the direction you're looking) and that monster is the center of the ability. Unless they changed that from vanilla D3, that's how you cast ranged aoes. You can't cherry pick out of the pile, just the first one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hi,

just wanted to make a small correction to OP

Diablo 3 on PS3/360 ran at 60FPS, quite solidly at most times. They did not "struggle to maintain 30".

Hi,

Diablo 3 on PS3/360 ran at 60FPS, quite solidly at most times. They did not "struggle to maintain 30".
Yeah, the performance was pretty damn remarkable at times considering how much was happening on-screen.

The real drawback to previous gen console versions was the sub-HD resolutions. IQ was pretty damn bad. Playable, but noticeably bad when you mixed it up with playing other games.

anthym

Neo Member
Man, last weekend I had myself convinced that this game was coming out this (now past) tuesday. Imagine my disappointment when I looked at amazon the other day and realized I had to wait another week :(. I've already got D3 + RoS on PC but...I get so tired of sitting in front of a PC. I want to play on the couch ASAP. Hurry up tuesday!

quest

Not Banned from OT
Hi,

Not really at all especially in multiplayer where it can drop in the single digits. Even in single player I can get it to drop into the low teens with just a couple of blizzards and explosive blast in an area with density. Hell on my exp runs I can get it so the game won't even show my blizzards to try and keep the frame rate up it is still in the teens. Sure walking around town or not many monsters around it ran fine. I got well over 1k hours into the game and can say with certainty the performance sucks on the PS3 digital version.

Top Bottom