• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

I said elsewhere but DE might get super lucky with this if it was a Steam error. Valve has traditionally made up the difference for pricing errors on Steam.

Yup, that's what I said earlier too. Valve will likely eat the cost of this one and write it off as a loss.

The bigger issue is the in-game economy, especially with PoE coming up

Mupod

It's been so long since I played but yeah, price error bundle is a good way to get me interested again.

I've long forgotten how the boosters it includes work. Are they active at the time of purchase/redemption or are they inventory items I can use whenever? I feel like it was the latter, but I've been playing HOTS lately and you can't save its boosters.

Manzoon

Banned
Yup, that's what I said earlier too. Valve will likely eat the cost of this one and write it off as a loss.

The bigger issue is the in-game economy, especially with PoE coming up

How many sales could this have added? The in-game economy is already nuts and so riven central that I don't think it would hurt it very much (considering the thousands of plat some people want for good rivens). I'd still run Hydroid, Ballistica Prime, and Nami Skyla Prime relics since I was so close to finishing them.

Manzoon

Banned
Nice. Looks like I'll be jumping back in to play with my ill-gotten toys.

My last post in this thread was from just over 4 years ago, wow.

I came back to the game after a year long break or so (been playing about a month so far) and the changes for me were huge. I can't imagine what it'll be like for you, have fun.

EDIT:
I'm not bothered in the slightest about missing out on the Prime stuff. Its all that cheap plat you guys got.

I'm mostly excited about the 90 day credit booster, haha. Credits are a big stop gap for me to maxing out a bunch of rank 10 mods.

I'm mostly excited about the 90 day credit booster, haha. Credits are a big stop gap for me to maxing out a bunch of rank 10 mods.

I've been waiting on a 75% voucher for a while so I can buy a big influx of plat, we basically get gifted one and I happen to miss it cause my cat fell asleep on me and I didn't want to move him...

That 3k plat would have kept me going for a while too.

Mupod

I came back to the game after a year long break or so (been playing about a month so far) and the changes for me were huge. I can't imagine what it'll be like for you, have fun.

I jumped back in briefly sometime early last year, I think. It was incredibly confusing - the old UI was just a menu you selected planets from, but now all of a sudden I'm in a spaceship and 30 different people are yelling at me. And then all these baffling menus with jargon that was impenetrable even to someone who had played the game for 200 hours before taking a break.

I actually ran into the DE booth at a convention here in Toronto shortly afterwards and they agreed with me that it was super overwhelming. Have they put it any kind of returning player onboarding since then? I know it's not something you see in a lot of games, but WoW for example has an amazingly slick 'welcome back' process these days.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bears repeating.

QY11BjI.gif

Manzoon

Banned
Have they put it any kind of returning player onboarding since then? I know it's not something you see in a lot of games, but WoW for example has an amazingly slick 'welcome back' process these days.

No, unfortunately. I was looking at a number of changes online, took me and a friend a weekend to figure out all the changes since we last stopped playing. The big thing for us were unlocking planet junctions to get access to sorties again, doing quests to get access to Kuva Siphon missions, and the change from Void Keys to Relics.

goblin

Yeah, the economy won't care about this all that much. The Riven market is too crazy and top tier ones are routinely traded around for more than quadruple the amount of plat that was available from this bundle. I'm sure a lot of people will pour that money back into cosmetics and the like, too.

The most exciting thing about that amount of plat to me, if I was a new or returning player, would be buying out a comfortable amount of weapon and frame slots then lowering my standard for how much I like something before putting catalysts, reactors and adapters into them.

I jumped back in briefly sometime early last year, I think. It was incredibly confusing - the old UI was just a menu you selected planets from, but now all of a sudden I'm in a spaceship and 30 different people are yelling at me. And then all these baffling menus with jargon that was impenetrable even to someone who had played the game for 200 hours before taking a break.

I actually ran into the DE booth at a convention here in Toronto shortly afterwards and they agreed with me that it was super overwhelming. Have they put it any kind of returning player onboarding since then? I know it's not something you see in a lot of games, but WoW for example has an amazingly slick 'welcome back' process these days.

There's a bit more of a new player tutorial and they patch in some better railroading for the early game experience every now and then, but returning players are in a weird spot where you may have already unlocked a bunch of stuff that you don't understand.

Some good resources are available here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6e8xth/meta_new_or_returning_player_welcome_back_to/

And if you have any further questions, people around here are generally quick to answer!

Wow, they're honoring the price error huh? What's the best way to get started playing in the early game? Go solo or find Gaffers to group with? Maybe I should wait until the open world patch drops?

Manzoon

Banned
Wow, they're honoring the price error huh? What's the best way to get started playing in the early game? Go solo or find Gaffers to group with? Maybe I should wait until the open world patch drops?

You probably will have to make it to a certain point in game before having access to the open world area. I don't think it would hurt to start playing now, public match making is probably fine for early on.

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, looks like I got the raw dog pretty hard. They won't refund my plat even though I didn't use any of it. I guess I'll just do a charge back on my card and wash my hands of it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wow, looks like I got the raw dog pretty hard. They won't refund my plat even though I didn't use any of it. I guess I'll just do a charge back on my card and wash my hands of it.

Man I know I'm not in the best position to speak on this cause I was able to take advantage of this insane error, but really? I mean you were willing to give DE that money yesterday, is the game less worth it today because of this? Seems like kind of a crumby thing to do to DE

Izayoi

Banned
Man I know I'm not in the best position to speak on this cause I was able to take advantage of this insane error, but really? I mean you were willing to give DE that money yesterday, is the game less worth it today because of this? Seems like kind of a crumby thing to do to DE
Maybe I'm just in a sour mood today but support was super standoffish about it and really rubbed me the wrong way. I was willing to give them the amount I did because I knew exactly how much plat I would need, but this is going to tank the market and I'm going to be swimming in plat I have no need for. Just really feel burned by it... I dunno. I know I'm being petty, maybe I need some more coffee.

Just got out of a super heated meeting, maybe it's fucking with my head.

Manzoon

Banned
Maybe I'm just in a sour mood today but support was super standoffish about it and really rubbed me the wrong way. I was willing to give them the amount I did because I knew exactly how much plat I would need, but this is going to tank the market and I'm going to be swimming in plat I have no need for. Just really feel burned by it... I dunno. I know I'm being petty, maybe I need some more coffee.

Get a snack, something nice to drink, and try to cool off. I don't think it's going to affect the market as much as you suspect. The really rare items might go up in price a bit as more people start wanting to buy Maiming Strikes and such. If the market does go down a bit then you'll have more plat leftover for when they add in new stuff down the line.

Edit: I say from my Hydroid tower, I understand your feeling of indignation.

I am willing to bet that the impact is too small to tank the whole market. This is a 40 minute error during the US workday.

Damaniel

Banned
I am willing to bet that the impact is too small to tank the whole market. This is a 40 minute error during the US workday.

It ended up getting to #6 on the top sellers list on Steam during that 40 minutes. I'm guessing they managed to sell at least a couple thousand during that time.

LiQuid!

Think about it from their perspective. This guy was willing to buy plat from us yesterday but now that his friends got some cheaper for reasons out of our control he feels entitled to the cheap price as well. It was a Steam error. It shouldn't cheapen the game for you.

Also I think I missed you saying it somewhere, but did you buy this $9 bundle IN ADDITION to the more expensive plat you bought yesterday? If so I have even less sympathy for you. You want to take advantage of the windfall AND take back your support of the game from yesterday. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too.

If you have an overabundance of plat take this as an opportunity maybe to help someone out that wasn't fortunate enough to get in on the deal and who needs a convenience item or two, like a frame slot or catalyst. I've got a friend installing the game I told him I'd gift him a few items if he got into the game. Win win since I can't think of anything to use the remaining 2k plat I got on.

Izayoi

Banned
Sorry, I did not mean to clog up the thread. I'm going to step away from my desk

Think about it from their perspective. This guy was willing to buy plat from us yesterday but now that his friends got some cheaper for reasons out of our control he feels entitled to the cheap price as well. It was a Steam error. It shouldn't cheapen the game for you.

Also I think I missed you saying it somewhere, but did you buy this $9 bundle IN ADDITION to the more expensive plat you bought yesterday? If so I have even less sympathy for you. You want to take advantage of the windfall AND take back your support of the game from yesterday. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too.

If you have an overabundance of plat take this as an opportunity maybe to help someone out that wasn't fortunate enough to get in on the deal and who needs a convenience item or two, like a frame slot or catalyst. I've got a friend installing the game I told him I'd gift him a few items if he got into the game. Win win since I can't think of anything to use the remaining 2k plat I got on.
No, I did not get the bundle. I spent a fuckload of money yesterday and people today got the same amount of plat and a ton of other goodies for literally 1/20th the price. (On second thought it was pretty stupid of me to not buy the Hydroid bundle in the first place - I imagine I would be even more upset right now if I had though :lol)

I ask for a refund from support and they are super unapologetic about it. I get it, it was my choice, but holy shit.

I know a chargeback would get me banned, and I know I have no right to be so sour about it, but the thought is definitely stewing. Money isn't a real issue or anything, I just really feel like I got burned hard.

It ended up getting to #6 on the top sellers list on Steam during that 40 minutes. I'm guessing they managed to sell at least a couple thousand during that time.

Is that enough to completely crash the market though? I kinda doubt it. How would an increase in platinum supply cause the market to crash anyways? Theoretically prices should actually increase if we are going by basic supply/demand trends.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Pretty excited about the damage fall off changes giving snipers a real place in PoE, especially with how strong secondaries are right now having a utility sniper supporting your akstilleto primes or whatever you run is pretty cool.

I suggest a sword and shield. The stance from Tyl Regor has a leap on the second swing that ignores Assimilate's movement penalty.

Oh dude that's brilliant, I think I might actually pull aegis and silva prime out of retirement. It's been a while since I've used it.

Sorry, I did not mean to clog up the thread. I'm going to step away from my desk

No, I did not get the bundle. I spent a fuckload of money yesterday and people today got the same amount of plat and a ton of other goodies for literally 1/20th the price. (On second thought it was pretty stupid of me to not buy the Hydroid bundle in the first place - I imagine I would be even more upset right now if I had though :lol)

I ask for a refund from support and they are super unapologetic about it. I get it, it was my choice, but holy shit.

I know a chargeback would get me banned, and I know I have no right to be so sour about it, but the thought is definitely stewing. Money isn't a real issue or anything, I just really feel like I got burned hard.

Sorry to continue to drum this up but how much did you buy the plat for?

Did you use a discount voucher?

Manzoon

Banned
Pretty excited about the damage fall off changes giving snipers a real place in PoE, especially with how strong secondaries are right now having a utility sniper supporting your akstilleto primes or whatever you run is pretty cool.

Oh dude that's brilliant, I think I might actually pull aegis and silva prime out of retirement. It's been a while since I've used it.

Hell yeah, I'm excited about using sniper rifles again outside of sortie requirements.

VandalD

Yeah, it's a good change, but I still think snipers need a little something more. They should all have innate punch through at least.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, it's a good change, but I still think snipers need a little something more. They should all have innate punch through at least.

Yeah snipers should all have at least a base .25 punch through or something to at least be able to pierce riot shields. Honestly the thing to change would be to get rid of the silly hit combo thing that few snipers can even keep going and just roll it into the weapon's base damage or something lol.

Seriously the vulkar wraith is one of my favorite snipers but because of it's massive reload if you don't hit a shot as soon as your reload ends your combo is gonna drop. That is of course unless you mod specifically to give it things that keep the thing rolling easier but at that point you're trading off a lot of actually useful mods for something that at the end of the day isn't particularly crucial.

I feel you. If I had a nickel for every time I missed some kind of price error or crazy sale, I'd have enough money to buy all that stuff at regular price. Now to spend all of my time refreshing websites in futility on Friday morning to get an SNES classic.

As someone pretty new to Warframe who got the bundle on the price error, is there stuff that I should look to spend the currency on? Or conversely, is there stuff that would be stupid to spend it on?

Yeah snipers should all have at least a base .25 punch through or something to at least be able to pierce riot shields. Honestly the thing to change would be to get rid of the silly hit combo thing that few snipers can even keep going and just roll it into the weapon's base damage or something lol.

Seriously the vulkar wraith is one of my favorite snipers but because of it's massive reload if you don't hit a shot as soon as your reload ends your combo is gonna drop. That is of course unless you mod specifically to give it things that keep the thing rolling easier but at that point you're trading off a lot of actually useful mods for something that at the end of the day isn't particularly crucial.

I wish they would up the damage and maybe use the combo bonus to increase the odds of elemental proc. I don't know how that would work with all of the snipers as I don't know how many are built for status anyway, but that would at least make snipers more viable on first shot and still give a bonus for accuracy.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
As someone pretty new to Warframe who got the bundle on the price error, is there stuff that I should look to spend the currency on? Or conversely, is there stuff that would be stupid to spend it on?

Hi tharpy!

Never buy stuff from the market that you could get through grinding, such as regular warframes or weapons. Some people think the grind for certain frames justify their purchase in the market, but I think you can get by grinding everything out.

Worth buying would be a few extra warframe/archwing/weapon/archweapon slots. Also if you want to get into customizing early, an excellent color pallet is the Color Saturated set.

Definitely spend it on slots. When you start I think you have 2 warframe slots (1 used up by your starter frame and one free) and a few weapon slots. When you craft more frames and weapons, they take up slots. Slots aren't that expensive, but in my opinion in that's the best use of currency right now.

Outside of that, probably stay away from getting frames and weapons. There are some frames that could take long to farm. If you think one of them looks cool, that's probably not a terrible idea given you have 3900 platinum. Outside of those edge cases though, I wouldn't spend platinum on frames.

Colors, accessories, and later on skins are things worth looking into, since weapons and frames and weapons can all be built for in game materials that are generally not hard to come by.

VandalD

Never spend your platinum on resources or mod packs. Glitches and Nice pretty much covered the rest. You can go a very long way with that amount of platinum, if you only spend it on slots, catalysts/reactors, and some cosmetics.

FeArTriX

Shit I was sleeping when that error happend. I wouls have throwing so much money that will make tentacles come out off my screen.

I wonder how many people will actually try this good game now specially right before PoE.

This error was definitely a good thing for the game

chogidogs

I just started this because of 9.99. I'm confused if I have everything from that DLC pack I bought. The 90d counter is counting down now so I'm assuming that's the exp boost or whatever. Is the platinum the currency beside my credits. 4000 seems not alot since a new frame costs 250 or something. Am I understanding this correctly?

4000 platinum is a lot, warframes and weapons are just overpriced. Buy slots and craft frames and weapons to put in them, your platinum will go farrr. That's more than enough to buy slots for every warframe and weapon in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom