• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

Bought too, feels a LITTLE scummy but hey, I've put a fair chunk of change into the game, plus spread it to friends via word of mouth. I confirmed I have the items in game too.

Hah, same. I was iffy on it, but I've spent some actual cash on the game and wasn't planning on spending more, so whatevs. That's a few more bucks than I probably would've spent otherwise. :p

Will do like Primus said and chill with it for now though. In the event that it doesn't get nuked somehow, it'll be a nice bonus going into the looming open-world stuff.

Primus

I see all the GAF lawyers are out now that I recommended people not spend the Platinum in the misprice thread. *sigh* What I get for trying to be helpful, I guess.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm not spending a single platinum until the fallout of it is revealed, just in case. Some people in game are saying that Steam is going to "fix" the error by charging people who "abused" THEIR error the normal $140 price for the PA, which I feel like is 100% bullshit. It's mostly just one loud mouth guy calling everybody losers for buying it so maybe he's jealous his mom won't let him use the credit card. Who knows.

Like I said, I won't be sad if they take the stuff away and refund my $9, but if they try and charge me $140 there's gonna be a fight.

VandalD

Just want to echo the fact that you really should wait to spend the plat if you bought that bundle. We don't know how DE will respond. Just be safe about it and don't go crazy buying Maiming Strikes or something.

JWiLL

Banned
Looks like it was fixed? I'm in Canada also which may be why.

You lucky bastards. I really just wanted the 90 day affinity booster since I'm a console convert and only MR 5.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Seeing messages from "Server" in game saying DE will release a statement shortly and urging people who bought for $9 not to spend any plat. Now to see how this is handled. At the very least I expect some kind of make good for anybody that bought it, but I'm not expecting to keep the plat.

Primus

I'm not spending a single platinum until the fallout of it is revealed, just in case. Some people in game are saying that Steam is going to "fix" the error by charging people who "abused" THEIR error the normal $140 price for the PA, which I feel like is 100% bullshit. It's mostly just one loud mouth guy calling everybody losers for buying it so maybe he's jealous his mom won't let him use the credit card. Who knows.

Like I said, I won't be sad if they take the stuff away and refund my $9, but if they try and charge me $140 there's gonna be a fight.

That's not going to happen. Steam's never fixed a misprice by retroactively charging people the full price. There'd be riots.

Figure one of three things will happen:

1) We'll get refunded the $9 and lose all in-game items from the pack.
2) DE will remove the Platinum but leave everything else.
3) Nothing.

VandalD

Seeing messages from "Server" in game saying DE will release a statement shortly and urging people who bought for $9 not to spend any plat. Now to see how this is handled. At the very least I expect some kind of make good for anybody that bought it, but I'm not expecting to keep the plat.
Haven't seen that yet. Was it red text?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1000% bought.

I already have potato'd Hydroid feels bad

LiQuid!

That's not going to happen. Steam's never fixed a misprice by retroactively charging people the full price. There'd be riots.

Figure one of three things will happen:

1) We'll get refunded the $9 and lose all in-game items from the pack.
2) DE will remove the Platinum but leave everything else.
3) Nothing.

The guy who was talking about it in Region chat was saying that it happened for something called "Zombie Chronicle" (a call of duty add on? from a google search) but I can't find a story confirming that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looking at the misprice thread this got a bunch of people interested in warframe. I guess they're really scratching their heads now.

LiQuid!

official statement
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/848903-psa-steam-pricing-error-for-hydroid-prime-access
Hey Steam Tenno,
Just going to drop this quick PSA here regarding some Steam pricing irregularities for the Hydroid Prime Access Tentacle Swarm Bundle. As some of you may have realized, Hydroid Prime Access was temporarily listed at a price much lower than the usual listed price of other Prime Access Bundles. This was the result of a pricing error and was not an intended discount.
We are working with Valve to correct the pricing mishap. We're not quite sure yet what caused it to be honest, but we're working away on resolving. It should be resolved very shortly!
If you or someone you know purchased the items at the unintended prices, we are still evaluating the depth of the issue. Check back in this thread for further comment today on our plans for those purchases!
[DE]Aidan

Basically answers nothing, just confirms there was a mishap. I just want to know what's going to happen to the stuff...

Primus

Initial statement:

2JoTs8Y.png

So, continue to hold your butts.

They're gonna have real trouble sorting out all that plat if some of it was traded between players. It's gonna be difficult to track yet will have diluted the economy somewhat, a difficult choice.

Maybe they could give a a little something to those who didn't grab it (100 plat or something) but that's probably just my jealousy talking again.

Primus

They're gonna have real trouble sorting out all that plat if some of it was traded between players. It's gonna be difficult to track yet will have diluted the economy somewhat, a difficult choice.

At least they'll have a list of everyone who activated the pack from Steam in the last hour, so that's somewhere to start. But yeah, I would not want to be in DE's shoes right now. Hell of a morning.

VariantX

It would honestly be better for DE to just let it go and honor the sales at that price point in full. If trades are made with that platinum and they decide to take it back its just going to make a huge mess out of everything both with the purchasers and those whove received that plat in trading. It aint worth the PR hit too.

Rafy

So this is what I found in the Steam Refund Policy:

If a bundle includes an in-game item or DLC that is not refundable

Basically, like the movies Steam sells, DLC are considered consumables and thus not eligible to refunds.

Am I reading this right?

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, I'm fucking salty.

Just spent a bunch on platinum yesterday. Makes me not want to log in. :lol

I wonder if they'll offer me a refund because I haven't spent any of it, if they decide to let everyone keep it? Now I'm reaching

edit: asking support for a refund ;_;

prices are gonna be rock bottom and I definitely WON'T need as much as I bought

Wow, I'm fucking salty.

Just spent a bunch on platinum yesterday. Makes me not want to log in. :lol

I wonder if they'll offer me a refund because I haven't spent any of it, if they decide to let everyone keep it? Now I'm reaching

edit: asking support for a refund ;_;

prices are gonna be rock bottom and I definitely WON'T need as much as I bought

94.8% sure you're not getting a refund.

So this is what I found in the Steam Refund Policy:

Basically, like the movies Steam sells, DLC are considered consumables and thus not eligible to refunds.

Am I reading this right?

Not refundable from the consumer end. DE can still negotiate a percentage of the difference from Valve since the mishap was their fault.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
This wouldn't be an issue if prime access wasn't so stupidly over priced. $90 for 3 in game items is insane. Another $80 for the accessories. Should be $50 tops. It also sucks there's no way to get prime accessories in game.

Wish this happened on ps4 I still don't have any of the new primes. Barely turned it on since I got a pc and can't move my account (thx Sony). Not starting over at mr 24.

:(

I know I don't have a right to be mad but it fucking stings

It happens. Besides for all we know DE might just take away all the Prime Access stuff from everyone who bought it and give them 8.99 worth of platinum as compensation or like 8.99 worth x 2 + 10% or something.

It was Steam's fault? I wonder how stuff like this still happens even today.

Same as always, human error.

LiQuid!

Against the advice of the server mod, I spent a bunch of platinum. If they try to take it away from me they're going to have to roll my account back cause I picked up all the cosmetics I've had my eye on for the last couple months as well as some harder to farm frames like Mesa. Still waiting to see how they resolve the issue but for now I'm getting my Preston Waters on.

Izayoi

Banned
Against the advice of the server mod, I spent a bunch of platinum. If they try to take it away from me they're going to have to roll my account back cause I picked up all the cosmetics I've had my eye on for the last couple months as well as some harder to farm frames like Mesa. Still waiting to see how they resolve the issue but for now I'm getting my Preston Waters on.
Now that you mention it, it seems like a rollback + refund would be the cleanest way to resolve this issue.

Manzoon

Banned
Damn, I hope they honor it. I gave a heads up to a buddy of mine who loves Hydroid (any nautical theme in a game really) and hasn't played in over a year. He bought that immediately but certainly hasn't redeemed it in game; not sure if he would play again if they took this back.

Holding onto all of my cheeks.

Izayoi

Banned
It can still get messy. How do you account for people who've traded platinum for items?
Wouldn't a universal server rollback resolve that issue? (I.e., turning back the clock the hour before the price error.)

When I was playing MMOs back in the day rollbacks like this were common for bugs/glitches that broke or otherwise endangered the in-game economy.

LiQuid!

Now that you mention it, it seems like a rollback + refund would be the cleanest way to resolve this issue.

I have heard from a few different places about a "negative platinum balance" that they can force you into if you spend the plat and they take the 4k away from you. Not sure what the repercussions of that would be.

Rafy

I have heard from a few different places about a "negative platinum balance" that they can force you into if you spend the plat and they take the 4k away from you. Not sure what the repercussions of that would be.

The account gets locked (equivalent to a ban) until the platinum balance becomes positive once again. That only happens if you buy plat from shady sources like other players or gold sites.

Here however since they said no bans, I do not believe they would go that far.

VandalD

The account gets locked (equivalent to a ban) until the platinum balance becomes positive once again.

Here however since they said no bans, I do not believe they would go that far.
Until they specifically say that they won't roll back plat, or that they won't ban you if they roll back plat and you go negative, I would recommend just being safe and patient. At least wait a day.

Arrrammis

Most commonly a negative platinum balance (usually from a glitch) leads to a ban until 2035 (or until they un-ban you, which usually happens when you platinum balance goes positive again). But -DE-Aidan said in his official post that there would be no bans issued over this, so that's good I guess.

LiQuid!

Ok, yeah given what they said about no bans, it doesn't seem like the negative plat balance will come into play. I'm ok with literally any resolution to this as long as my account isn't jeopardized.

Best case scenario tho:

BHhie0d.jpg

I said elsewhere but DE might get super lucky with this if it was a Steam error. Valve has traditionally made up the difference for pricing errors on Steam.

goblin

Ugh, I missed the pricing error. That's what I get for not checking GAF before lunch.

Oh well. I hope they let all of you that were lucky enough to get it keep at least part of the bundle.

LiQuid!

I said elsewhere but DE might get super lucky with this if it was a Steam error. Valve has traditionally made up the difference for pricing errors on Steam.

Yeah, this is my best case scenario. I legitimately felt bad like most of the people in this thread when I felt like we were taking advantage of DE, but it's way too hard to feel bad for Steam considering the hundreds if not thousands of dollars I've spent on games I have literally never installed. I know this is my fault, not theirs, but it would still be nice to get one back at them for preying on my weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom