• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Well, coming back this time wasn't as overwhelming as before. All I managed to do when I logged in last year was figure out where to access my inventory and foundry stuff, but since I wasn't as overwhelmed this time I was able to remember most of how mods and building items worked. There's still a lot more stuff to figure out but I guess I'll get there.

Managed to catch a Forma alert with only seconds remaining. I'm still not sure what level of mission I'm capable of doing but haven't run into anything threatening yet, even using un-leveled versions of the stuff from the Hydroid pack.

My controls are bugging me, I think I had a Razer Naga when I played this before and just bound everything to that. I'm thinking I should at least bind all the movement stuff to my mouse, like dodge and slide. When I played this game before, you got around by slide-dashing while meleeing at sanic speed, but they have dramatically changed how movement works.

How do I join the clan? Is there still room? May I get an invite? I'm chogidogs on there as well if that helps. TIA

I used to be in the clan but I'd imagine I got booted after years of not playing, lol. Ingame name should still just be Mupod.

This sortie 3 is kicking my butt.

Or maybe it's the randoms since I am always the dps leader and can actually friggin hack the ambulases without failing...

I'm going to keep trying but this is getting frustrating.

If any of you pro peeps need to do the sortie still PLEASE help put me out of my misery.

VandalD

How do I join the clan?
You are on the path.
Is there still room?
Room has been made!
May I get an invite?
You shall!
I'm chogidogs on there as well if that helps. TIA
That does indeed help very much. YW
Managed to catch a Forma alert with only seconds remaining. I'm still not sure what level of mission I'm capable of doing but haven't run into anything threatening yet, even using un-leveled versions of the stuff from the Hydroid pack.

When I played this game before, you got around by slide-dashing while meleeing at sanic speed, but they have dramatically changed how movement works.

I used to be in the clan but I'd imagine I got booted after years of not playing, lol. Ingame name should still just be Mupod.
Yeah you'll just have to figure out for yourself what level of mission you're capable of doing. It'll vary wildly with what you actually bring to them. Those prime access weapons are quite good, and having good weapons is more of a limiter on success than having a "good" frame, since all of the frames are good in their own ways.

These days, people get around by bullet jumping (crouch, jump) and combining that with rolling in midair while holding the aim down sights key, and the extra jump you get in the air. So much better than having to bring a Tipedo or a Dual Zoren, etc, just to go fast.

Yeah, probably got booted. I had to boot a few inactives to get you two in, even though we recently went up a clan size. We might end up expanding again if the people that have been inactive actually come back when Plains happens.

Or maybe it's the randoms since I am always the dps leader and can actually friggin hack the ambulases without failing...

If any of you pro peeps need to do the sortie still PLEASE help put me out of my misery.
Current Sortie 3 is rough. If you are doing all the damage, just solo it. You will need to hack less ambulas and there will also be less enemies than in a multiplayer session. Or I could help out if you're around while I am.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Speaking of clan stuff, I understand clans can be part of an alliance, right? If so, is GAF part of the Orion alliance? Is that why I got a prompt talking about the Orion Alliance when I tried a mission with a friend yesterday? Also, am I understanding correctly: because I'm part of the alliance and the sector is "owned" (?) by that alliance, I'm getting bonus resources and XP, right?

Completely new to this stuff.

VandalD

Speaking of clan stuff, I understand clans can be part of an alliance, right? If so, is GAF part of the Orion alliance? Is that why I got a prompt talking about the Orion Alliance when I tried a mission with a friend yesterday? Also, am I understanding correctly: because I'm part of the alliance and the sector is "owned" (?) by that alliance, I'm getting bonus resources and XP, right?

Completely new to this stuff.
GAF is part of the Giant Bomb Alliance. Those popups you get when choosing certain missions are a remnant of an old gameplay system for dark sector missions. Clans used to fight over who owned those nodes, but they haven't done that in years, and it doesn't actually mean anything these days. Dark sectors are good sources of credits though. All those things it lists on the bottom as bonuses apply to that mission node.

Naite

Never did that boss fight since the redesign since fuck the resources to fight it regularly, but i was able to solo it with a wukong and an obex with radiation/viral/shattering impact (no idea if shattering impact affected it but i brought it just in case). Pretty much melee'd the boss and use lenz or wukong's 1 skill in any drones trying to reactivate it. Lack of nullifiers makes it easy to constantly regen energy and never/rarely die.

Strider

I've had terribe luck with tier 3 of the sortie... Gone at it 3 times already and every time someone has failed the hacking phase then rage quit :/

I've never completed a sortie before. They don't really seem worth doing from my experience based on the annoyances involved and looking at the potential rewards...

I've had terribe luck with tier 3 of the sortie... Gone at it 3 times already and every time someone has failed the hacking phase then rage quit :/

I've never completed a sortie before. They don't really seem worth doing from my experience based on the annoyances involved and looking at the potential rewards...

It's generally worth it. At the very least you'll get a sculpture which can provide you with Endo, which you definitely will need.

Is phase 3 a spy mission? Or has it not reset from yesterday's sortie yet?

VandalD

It's generally worth it. At the very least you'll get a sculpture which can provide you with Endo, which you definitely will need.

Is phase 3 a spy mission? Or has it not reset from yesterday's sortie yet?
It's still physical enhanced ambulus for the next hour-ish.

JWiLL

Banned
Can't be said enough - for anyone coming back who has Amazon prime - link it to your Twitch account and get your free Frost Prime!

Hydroid may be fun, but Frost is legitimately one of the best frames in the game, especially when you're playing solo.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
GAF is part of the Giant Bomb Alliance. Those popups you get when choosing certain missions are a remnant of an old gameplay system for dark sector missions. Clans used to fight over who owned those nodes, but they haven't done that in years, and it doesn't actually mean anything these days. Dark sectors are good sources of credits though. All those things it lists on the bottom as bonuses apply to that mission node.

Ah, I see. So the bottom line is: if I don't see it, no big deal. If I see it, that means more stuff at the end of the mission. Cool.

Kadin

Can't be said enough - for anyone coming back who has Amazon prime - link it to your Twitch account and get your free Frost Prime!

Hydroid may be fun, but Frost is legitimately one of the best frames in the game, especially when you're playing solo.
Just linked my account. Thoughts on the Frost frame compared to the one we got with the $9 bundle yesterday? I'm not a huge fan of the abilities so far.

Yeah, failed for the first time with a pub group when Scrambuses kept screwing us up. The second attempt went through easily enough as we switched arsenals a bit. Got an Arca Scisco riven for the trouble with +crit%, +status% and +something else, so that's worth trying out.

Failed the first due to having 2 people and being the only one with some amount of damage. Unfortunately we were getting downed a bunch, especially when those combas appear.

The next match we decided to run it again (teammate went with a Mesa this time) but 2 other members joined and they were packing some serious heat (one had an Opticor LOL).

It was so much heat to the point that the Ambulas would be down in a few seconds, then hack and most of the time we are defending the 2 of them from mooks attempting to repair them until they are called back to the ship. For that i just CCd everyone since i was a Nova.

Congrats on that riven i got a orokin reactor bp out of it so i was fine with that.

Never did that boss fight since the redesign since fuck the resources to fight it regularly, but i was able to solo it with a wukong and an obex with radiation/viral/shattering impact (no idea if shattering impact affected it but i brought it just in case). Pretty much melee'd the boss and use lenz or wukong's 1 skill in any drones trying to reactivate it. Lack of nullifiers makes it easy to constantly regen energy and never/rarely die.

I didn't even remember you can fight it normally now since i just did the event where it was introduced and the random times where it showed up on whatever outdoor corpus map i was doing a mission on.

Just linked my account. Thoughts on the Frost frame compared to the one we got with the $9 bundle yesterday? I'm not a huge fan of the abilities so far.

I think Frost Prime is generally better than Hydroid Prime. Frost's Snow Globe is really good for any mode that requires or even encourages people standing still (Interception, Survival, Defense, Mobile Defense come to mind). It just has so much more utility and versatility than anything Hydroid has in my opinion.

I don't think Frost is as flashy as Hydroid with his abilities, but generally I think he's quite a bit better.

Kadin

Cool, thanks guys. So just equip the frame and start leveling it like I did the Hydroid? Still a bit unsure how progression is best done. I do have Hydroid at 18 btw if it matters.

Spent 2 hours playing last night and I walked away feeling like an idiot. Game is great and I like the pace but I spent more time running around killing shit with my sword I never really spent the time to read up on or about the mechanics. I will spend time doing that today.

I am glad I got the price fiasco on Steam yesterday. I don't see myself blowing through the currency but it was nice to get as a bonus.

Cool, thanks guys. So just equip the frame and start leveling it like I did the Hydroid? Still a bit unsure how progression is best done. I do have Hydroid at 18 btw if it matters.

Yep, works the same. You will just level frost from 1-30.

The only way to not progress is to level something you've already leveled, which you don't seem to have done. So, for example, if you have a Skana (sword) at level 30, you wouldn't get any Mastery Rank progression if you leveled a new Skana from 0 to 30.

Basically, just level things up that you don't already have maxed. As a beginner, I think that's your goal in the short term.

Kadin

Yep, works the same. You will just level frost from 1-30.

The only way to not progress is to level something you've already leveled, which you don't seem to have done. So, for example, if you have a Skana (sword) at level 30, you wouldn't get any Mastery Rank progression if you leveled a new Skana from 0 to 30.

Basically, just level things up that you don't already have maxed. As a beginner, I think that's your goal in the short term.
Sounds good. Thanks again.

I really need to make a list of EVERY warframe, weapon and sentinel so that I can try to go out of my way to make sure they are all leveled up. I'm almost Mastery Rank 19. I am a sliver away from being able to do the Rank 19 test.

Curious, is there any form of online profile look for Warframe? See what you have leveled up and not leveled up when outside of the game? What I haven't leveled up either.

I really need to make a list of EVERY warframe, weapon and sentinel so that I can try to go out of my way to make sure they are all leveled up. I'm almost Mastery Rank 19. I am a sliver away from being able to do the Rank 19 test.

Curious, is there any form of online profile look for Warframe? See what you have leveled up and not leveled up when outside of the game? What I haven't leveled up either.

It will have an emblem on the weapon if you have it fully leveled in the Codex.

Arrrammis

I don't think so outside the game, but in-game if you look at your profile, you can see every weapon, frame, sentinel, etc. in the game and see if you've leveled them or not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have it all written down in a txt file lol.

I don't think so outside the game, but in-game if you look at your profile, you can see every weapon, frame, sentinel, etc. in the game and see if you've leveled them or not.

I know that part, but was just thinking of something outside the game. I have the mobile app, but it doesn't say what I'm missing.

Izayoi

Banned
I know that part, but was just thinking of something outside the game. I have the mobile app, but it doesn't say what I'm missing.
I wonder if there's an Excel/Google Doc spreadsheet somewhere with this information.

If not, it would be extremely simple to set up... Just need two columns, one for items, one for "Level 30? Y/N"

They serve different purposes tbh.

Frost is more of huddling up and being safe behind a wall while slowing/stopping enemies from getting in due to his defensive abilities.

Hydroid is more for locking down a decent area and/or a group of enemies with his abilities, which helps with missions that need that and also farming for resources/mods.

If i had to choose it would be Frost since his tech has more utility but i'll run a Hydroid if i want to lock down stuff and also farm.

More free stuff coming to Twitch Prime in early October: Soma Prime and Scindo Prime!

This is in addition to the Frost Prime pack already available, and will not be replacing it.

That's one way to get those weapons now LOL

but still nice as they are pretty good weapons even if they have been "replaced" by some of the newer weapons.

Izayoi

Banned
That's one way to get those weapons now LOL

but still nice as they are pretty good weapons even if they have been "replaced" by some of the newer weapons.
"The most popular and feared weapons in Warframe!"

hehe

I hope we get Excalibur Prime!

): I wish I liked the game back in Closed Beta and Alpha.
You can buy an account with him on it!
For hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
got my ass kicked by that last sortie boss and never finished it

time to start working on taking my frames and weapons to the next level

Haly

I already have Frost, Soma and Scindo primes. I get that this is for new players but at least give me a conciliation prize like potatos or some shit.

Manzoon

Banned
Holyshit at that scindo prime and soma prime give away. That is such a huge boon to new players.

I love seeing Excalibur primes in the wild, I hope they never put them in.

VandalD

I already have Frost, Soma and Scindo primes. I get that this is for new players but at least give me a conciliation prize like potatos or some shit.
Pretty sure if you claim this stuff and then sell the weapons you don't want, you keep the slots they came with. So that's something. If I'm remembering correctly.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wish DE would give out nekros prime for free instead of frost, having so many frosts running around is painnnfullll. All they do is spam bubbles and make it impossible to do anything outside of melee range.

Imagine a world where every new player has nekros, they'll all spam desecrate and farming is ezpz lemon squeezy.

Soma Prime being given away for free is an odd choice if you ask me, it's a very strong weapon but it requires a lot of rareish mods and at least 2 forma to actually get to that point. It would have been better if they had given out Boltor Prime for free since boltor prime is definitely feels more powerful out the box. Not to mention it's easy as hell to build.

Manzoon

Banned
I wish DE would give out nekros prime for free instead of frost, having so many frosts running around is painnnfullll. All they do is spam bubbles and make it impossible to do anything outside of melee range.

Imagine a world where every new player has nekros, they'll all spam desecrate and farming is ezpz lemon squeezy.

Soma Prime being given away for free is an odd choice if you ask me, it's a very strong weapon but it requires a lot of rareish mods and at least 2 forma to actually get to that point. It would have been better if they had given out Boltor Prime for free since boltor prime is definitely feels more powerful out the box. Not to mention it's easy as hell to build.

Yeah, the multiple tiers of frost bubbles can get annoying.

Soma prime is great early on, I wouldn't say it requires much to get through the planets, certainly requires a bunch of mods if you want to use it for end game content. Slap some elemental damage on it and a point strike and you're good to go for most stuff below level 40. It can also teach people that ammo isn't infinite, haha.

Holyshit at that scindo prime and soma prime give away. That is such a huge boon to new players.

I love seeing Excalibur primes in the wild, I hope they never put them in.

Indeed. I will usually say something in squad chat if one is in it :D

I feel they wont given the sale agreement and legalities, etc, but i expect some derivatives (like Umbra)

"The most popular and feared weapons in Warframe!"

hehe

Well they are not wrong.though

Haly

Pretty sure if you claim this stuff and then sell the weapons you don't want, you keep the slots they came with. So that's something. If I'm remembering correctly.
Selling a level 0 duplicate Frost Prime feels WRONG.

Manzoon

Banned
IT'S NOT?!

(I figured that would be the case at some point, I pretty much just hold down the trigger right now and never worry about it.)

Pretty much the only time I ever ran out of ammo was using the Soma (primed and normal) and the Kohm, and usually only when going the distance on some mission types. They're pretty much the only guns I have ammo mutation mods on, which largely solved that problem. I'm usually too frugal (or dumb) to drop ammo packs.

Selling a level 0 duplicate Frost Prime feels WRONG.

I can't imagine how weird that must be, he was so stupidly cheap before he was vaulted. I sold my only Soma Prime set for 195p a couple of weeks ago, I don't think the Scindo Prime goes for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom