• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Listening to a podcaster talking about a double standard that exists between wrestling and pro sports. Do you agree with this?

-Ray Rice abuses someone and HE takes the fall. Meanwhile, the NFL doesn't get scrutinized...just Rice.

-If Orton or another wrestler had done the same thing, they'd be scrutinized, but so would the WWE. Vince would be the focus of the news stories, etc.

What do you guys think?
Not true at all. The NFL is getting trashed just as much as Rice. I've seen lifelong fans on my Facebook publicly state they're done with the NFL forever unless things change big over there.

The difference between the NFL and WWE is the NFL has the scummier lawyers and owners and commissioner who can make these things disappear better than Vince. Vince always goes head-first into it and looks like a manipulative chump until it blows over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My Network sub expires today and I have no desire to renew it. Maybe if they give us Ambrose vs Rollins at Hell in a Cell, but they stupidly seem to be leaning towards Cena vs Rollins and Ambrose vs Orton.

Cena has to fight someone. Brock's not showing up, nobody wants to see Orton/Cena.

Toki767

What's the argument? I wanna hear what they say about Daniel Da God.
Basically that the people in charge still can't figure out whether Bryan is over or the Yes chant is.

When Hunter was in DX I'd imagine saying Suck it was more over than he was but of course you'd never say that now.

I like Heidi Lovelace. When'd she get so great?

Heidi.gif

thats pretty sick

Top Bottom