• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Heel

Hahaha, what? Get the fuck out of here.

I refuse to believe anyone bought it in the first place.

Did anyone believe it in the first place?

I mean every 30 year old has dick problems.

It's super common to just take dick pills from friends.

Just asking questions and doing my yearly check on potency.

eqB5Xea.jpg

Heel

I'm struggling to find an interesting story line, really. The rise of Francis Ngannou? The fall of USADA-era GSP?

broz0rs

I guess that all but officially closes the book on the Jones-DC saga since DC will be like 45 when Jones gets reinstated? Poor DC became Jones first highlight reel KO and all because Jones cheated.

FUME5

Eh, UFC isn't going anywhere, hopefully this just forces them to build up more names.

It's not like the actual 'art' of MMA isn't improving constantly.

Looks at next 4 UFC events.

Well, shit.

I guess that all but officially closes the book on the Jones-DC saga since DC will be like 45 when Jones gets reinstated? Poor DC became Jones first highlight reel KO and all because Jones cheated.

Bellator put on a Tito Ortiz/Chael Sonnen PPV in 2017. Never say never.

Heel

That's what's kind of perplexing to me. I really thought WMG-IMG was going be good at the marketing of talent and "star creation" in comparison to Zuffa. I mean, I don't really think you can create a bonafide star out of thin air, but they're not even nudging fighters in the right direction from what I can see. What have they changed for the better?

You're never going to benefit from having less cards if everyone that anyone ever knew or cared about is retired. At least Zuffa was throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Chesskid1

Banned
does UFC still use fights with steroid abuse on like highlight reels and stuff or do they pretend they don't exist?

that's messed up getting knocked out by a PED cheater and it being part of their highlight reel

FUME5

What does Vitors highlight reel look like?

And yeah, how a talent promotion agency can completely drop the ball on talent promotion is baffling.

Jon is brain dead. Has to be. I predicted this in a post couple of months ago in here because i predikt tees tings!
This'll be a monster suspension and by the time hes back maybe people have forgotten him.

Does anyone still believe Jon's Thai dick pill story?

I thought that was Anderson Silva that claimed that. Jones used that excuse too?

EDIT: Had to add the first name as 90% of the roster and the nation of Brazil has the last name Silva.

I'm struggling to find an interesting story line, really. The rise of Francis Ngannou? The fall of USADA-era GSP?
There's that poor guy that makes piñatas in Venezuela or whatever. That's interesting, right?

Jon is brain dead. Has to be. I predicted this in a post couple of months ago in here because i predikt tees tings!
This'll be a monster suspension and by the time hes back maybe people have forgotten him.

Bold claim thinking he can go 4 years without fucking up

My claim is he'll be arrested, oh let's be optimistic here, only 2 or 3 times in that time span. Each time going public on TMZ and/or ESPN.

Wow. Can't imagine how Cormier feels. Dude poured his heart and soul into becoming the best LHW of all time only to lose twice to his chief rival. Now he will once again be walking around with a belt on his shoulder that the masses don't believe is really his.

EDIT: Also, here's some info on Turanibol, the substance he got popped for:

"It is also used as an ideal cutting agent during periods of fat loss or pre-contest preparation due to its inability to convert into Estrogen. Turinabol's capabilities really shine as an adjunct to other anabolic steroids when it is run (stacked) with other anabolic steroids due to its ability to bind to SHBG."

https://www.steroidal.com/steroid-profiles/turinabol/

Might explain why he got popped right after the weigh-in. I realize that cutting fat for a bodybuilding competition isn't the same as cutting water for an MMA fight, but it's possible that Jon needed to cut some body fat ahead of fight week. Dude cuts a lot of weight. Also possible he was simply using it stacked with other anabolics during camp, as the article references.

Cormier found out when Helwani called him on vacation, and didn't believe him until he swore on his kids life it was true.

Dana said he spoke to DC at the post-Contenders scrum. Dana also said he hasn't spoken to Jones.

Syder

Well, this is some great news to wake up to...

Thanks for winning me money, Bones, I guess...

Looking forward to your comeback fight in 2021

Cormier found out when Helwani called him on vacation, and didn't believe him until he swore on his kids life it was true.

Dana said he spoke to DC at the post-Contenders scrum. Dana also said he hasn't spoken to Jones.

Dana said he actually hasn't really spoken to jones since UFC 200

Levito

Banned
I've actually really struggled to stay interested in MMA this year. I feel like the only fight I truly loved was the Romero vs Whittaker. It's just been really boring, and full of ludicrous match-ups.

I've started going to local events because UFC and Bellator aren't really doing it for me. I think I missed most of the last events--caught some replay on FP but you have to wait a while for the full event to get posted and by then i lose interest.

I've actually really struggled to stay interested in MMA this year. I feel like the only fight I truly loved was the Romero vs Whittaker. It's just been really boring, and full of ludicrous match-ups.

They've just had a bitch of a time creating interesting or compelling fighters and fights. Look at Cody. When he beat Dom he looked like a future star, yet here we are months later and they have been able to do fuck all to capitalize (granted due to injury in this case) and by the time he fights again will anybody give a shit?

Fox318

I've started going to local events because UFC and Bellator aren't really doing it for me. I think I missed most of the last events--caught some replay on FP but you have to wait a while for the full event to get posted and by then i lose interest.

Local events are fantastic.

dem

Jones ruins the LHW division again.. Ruins Superfight with Lesnar/Stipe... and Conor is about to get exposed as a joke..

Bad week for MMA

The only fight that would save this year is McGregor/Diaz 3

Stockton to the rescue

sirap

Wow. Can't imagine how Cormier feels. Dude poured his heart and soul into becoming the best LHW of all time only to lose twice to his chief rival. Now he will once again be walking around with a belt on his shoulder that the masses don't believe is really his.

EDIT: Also, here's some info on Turanibol, the substance he got popped for:

"It is also used as an ideal cutting agent during periods of fat loss or pre-contest preparation due to its inability to convert into Estrogen. Turinabol’s capabilities really shine as an adjunct to other anabolic steroids when it is run (stacked) with other anabolic steroids due to its ability to bind to SHBG."

https://www.steroidal.com/steroid-profiles/turinabol/

Might explain why he got popped right after the weigh-in. I realize that cutting fat for a bodybuilding competition isn't the same as cutting water for an MMA fight, but it's possible that Jon needed to cut some body fat ahead of fight week. Dude cuts a lot of weight. Also possible he was simply using it stacked with other anabolics during camp, as the article references.

Jones sure made a point of telling everyone how easy his weight cut was in the days leading up to the fight. Even made fat jokes about Cormier and called him a crackhead.

Man, what a disappointment.

Fox318

Jones ruins the LHW division again.. Ruins Superfight with Lesnar/Stipe... and Conor is about to get exposed as a joke..

Bad week for MMA

The only fight that would save this year is McGregor/Diaz 3

Stockton to the rescue

They should just pay Nick DIaz to fight again.

Malki Kawa (Jones manager) was on Ariel's podcast to say Jones was a victim of tainted supplements.

Poor John cant catch a break. First he got a batch of tainted Mexican dick pills, now hes got a batch of tainted supplements! And I bet he wasn't hiding under that octagon either, he was just looking for...something

If any of you have never seen UFC 1, I made a video about the carny ass origins of the UFC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5rmjV-UJM

UFC will probably take it down fairly soon so take a look before then!

In the end Dana White managed to maneuver through this mess pretty well. People said by giving Conor the May fight that theres a chance he might price himself out of MMA.

But now he actually needs Conor more than anybody ever. Its still a gamble hoping he would return to the UFC after this weekend but atleast he left himself that option instead of angering Conor by denying him Floyd and possibly damaging his relationship with him.

Fox318

In the end Dana White managed to maneuver through this mess pretty well. People said by giving Conor the May fight that theres a chance he might price himself out of MMA.

But now he actually needs Conor more than anybody ever. Its still a gamble hoping he would return to the UFC after this weekend but atleast he left himself that option instead of angering Conor by denying him Floyd and possibly damaging his relationship with him.

So long as conor doesn't get KOed its a good bet.

Top Bottom