• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DayZ - zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival Arma II mod

Roche

So I've already got Arma II vanilla through Green Man Gaming, if I purchase Operation Arrowhead through Steam will I be alright to install DayZ?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just an fyi, i spotted jason vorhees in cherno yesterday around this time.

pitch black server, im armed with a enfield and a 1911, being chased by a horde and jason fucking vorhees steps out of an apartment, pulls out an axe and starts chasing me like i was a busty teen getting plowed by the lake.

he axes me in the back; ignores the shots i put in his chest and somehow survives the ensuing zed feeding frenzy after he finally put me down.

wwm0nkey

I wonder if someone took the mod but took out the Zombies and made it a Battle Royale type game if DayZ would get the more cooperative players and the Battle Royale mode would get the "I want to play death match" players.

R1CHO

On Gaf server there are 4 tents on:

...quote to see...

Are yours? They have stuff, not top tear equipment, but ammo and some rifles.

R1CHO

So... i killed 2 dudes there, and then another one killed me, i think they weren't from here, at least i didn't recognize the nicks, sorry otherwise.

I shouldn't shoot, but was nervous :|

PS: TheNix, you revealed the position xD

JRPereira

Just took a rocket to the back of the head. Respawned and turned out it was some guy flying a helicopter around and blowing up cherno. The only helicopter you can fly in the game just has a couple of M240's, right?

just an fyi, i spotted jason vorhees in cherno yesterday around this time.

pitch black server, im armed with a enfield and a 1911, being chased by a horde and jason fucking vorhees steps out of an apartment, pulls out an axe and starts chasing me like i was a busty teen getting plowed by the lake.

he axes me in the back; ignores the shots i put in his chest and somehow survives the ensuing zed feeding frenzy after he finally put me down.

I got killed by someone similar.

Met the coolest bandits ever, two dudes with ghillie suits, one with a machine gun and another rocking a Winchester. They shot me in the leg and we had a campfire.

The M.O.B

Met the coolest bandits ever, two dudes with ghillie suits, one with a machine gun and another rocking a Winchester. They shot me in the leg and we had a campfire.

O_O

THE SAME EXACT GUYS JUST HELD ME UP ABOUT 5 MINUTES AGO. WTF

I was inside the factory near Orlovets in the east and met them. I talked to them over direct and they held me up. I was forced to sit there while they checked my backpack. All I had was a crossbow so I hesitated on killing one of them. I was at 5000 blood and they decided to give me a blood transfusion. I told them I wanted no trouble and was just headed to Berezino. They then told me to go to the tree line to the east and check the deer stand. As I got near they started unloading on me, I swerved and was able to get into the deer stand unharmed. I found an AK74 but it didn't have any ammo so I was stuck up there prone as they tore the stand up. Eventually they killed me :(

Nemic77

I just got killed 2 times in the space of 30 minutes by two bandids in ghillie suits in opposite sides of the map.

The first was near Berezino they approached me from me behind, speaking in direct chat. After exchanging a few words and me saying I was friendly they shot me.

I then spawned in Kamenka and while making my way north I glanced behind me and saw two guys in ghillie suits following me, one of them yelling "help me" I think I hit one before they took me down.

What the fuck.....

Irish

You guys should know by now that there is never a friendly person inside of a ghillie suit. Always attack them.

O_O

I was inside the factory near Orlovets in the east and met them. I talked to them over direct and they held me up. I was forced to sit there while they checked my backpack. All I had was a crossbow so I hesitated on killing one of them. I was at 5000 blood and they decided to give me a blood transfusion. I told them I wanted no trouble and was just headed to Berezino. They then told me to go to the tree line to the east and check the deer stand. As I got near they started unloading on me, I swerved and was able to get into the deer stand unharmed. I found an AK74 but it didn't have any ammo so I was stuck up there prone as they tore the stand up. Eventually they killed me :(

lol they let me go, they even gave me a revolver, even after I stole their morphine and tried running three times. Each time they shot my leg.

Osteoperogies

Neo Member
O_O

Theres like ... 15 of us on the mumble a night. Why not just organize a manhunt?

cameltoe

Cant join any servers. Bad version error. I have the steam version of both arma 2 and OA....used the lastest simple installer (1715 or some shit) Anyway to update the game to the latest version? I played yesterday for a few minutes...

I just got killed 2 times in the space of 30 minutes by two bandids in ghillie suits in opposite sides of the map.

The first was near Berezino they approached me from me behind, speaking in direct chat. After exchanging a few words and me saying I was friendly they shot me.

I then spawned in Kamenka and while making my way north I glanced behind me and saw two guys in ghillie suits following me, one of them yelling "help me" I think I hit one before they took me down.

What the fuck.....

Yeah, that second group was the group that I ran into.

Stumbled across a complete bloodbath earlier.

Military barracks, 3 dead guys. As I was investigating some sniper in a ghillie suit spawned right by where I was busy looting, and swiftly got an LMG to the face.

Turns out he was a bandit anyway. Shame he didn't have NVGs.

Why does no one want to be my friend ;.;. I'm just chilling my the cherno hospital, saying hi to all the people walking by, and this group of three comes by, so I ask them "What's good" and one of them walks over and shoots me in the head. That wasn't very nice.

Xdrive05

Why does no one want to be my friend ;.;. I'm just chilling my the cherno hospital, saying hi to all the people walking by, and this group of three comes by, so I ask them "What's good" and one of them walks over and shoots me in the head. That wasn't very nice.

This is the rule unfortunately. DayZ turns even perfectly normal gamers into griefers.

cameltoe

I managed to get into a game.....ran around for about an hour! Found nothing. Disconnected and joined another server. It started me back by the water! Was I supposed to save somehow?

Are most servers empty (like there aren't supplies and shit lying around)? Im assuming that shit respawns every now and again?

Bogeypop

Shots fired.

tumblr_lglbnx3EYV1qa9yvvo1_400.gif

BadTaste

Stumbled across a complete bloodbath earlier.

Military barracks, 3 dead guys. As I was investigating some sniper in a ghillie suit spawned right by where I was busy looting, and swiftly got an LMG to the face.

Turns out he was a bandit anyway. Shame he didn't have NVGs.

Barracks Hoppers are so annoying :p..

KissVibes

Banned
DayZ is pretty cool, guys.

I just wish there weren't so many Ghosters.

Edit: The ghoster just killed me and I lost my Double-barreled shotgun, Czech vest pouch and my makerov. 4 hours of time lost. :(

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
DayZ is pretty cool, guys.

I just wish there weren't so many Ghosters.

Edit: The ghoster just killed me and I lost my Double-barreled shotgun, Czech vest pouch and my makerov. 4 hours of time lost. :(

To be honest, that is some bad gear, consider him doing you a favour... apart from the time thing, that is always a bummer.

KissVibes

Banned
To be honest, that is some bad gear, consider him doing you a favour... apart from the time thing, that is always a bummer.

Well, I worked really hard to get it and even killed a few people to hold onto it so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to devalue my efforts. Not trying to be rude but I spent so much time crawling the coast looking for supplies and friendlies. I mean, isn't the vest pouch good because it gives you bonus space? Seems like a good find. That's what someone told me while playing, before he tried to kill me and I ruined him.

The DB is awesome for getting guys going into a building after you. It's just really loud.

Top Bottom