• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Foxxsoxx

Or OHK stickies.

THANK GAWDDDD.

Now the true question is titan, warlock, or hunter.

Also does anyone else think that titan barrier that only covers the legs looks kind of useless?

I mean I guess you could crouch but you still seem pretty exposed.

That warlock regen on the other hand looks crisp, along with Hunters becoming Mcree.

ElRenoRaven

Reading the Destiny 2 thread on gaming side, I'm really not surprised that DeeJ and the rest stick to Reddit.

Makes me sad, really.

Well yea. Didn't you know Destiny 2 is supposed to be a completely different game from graphics, animations, sound, gameplay, story, everything. There should not be one thing even reused from the previous game.

That shit gets so annoying. A lot of sequels to games reuse animations, enemies etc from previous games. Interfaces don't always radically change either. Course this is a Bungie game so it should totally change every single thing. Then of course they should show all 100 percent of the game when they reveal gameplay for the first time.

I swear some people just want to hate on every goddamn thing. You even had one stupid ass complaining about jumping through hoops to play it on pc and how he didn't want to do that. Keep in mind you don't have to do shit different then any other pc game. You install the damn game and then play.

THANK GAWDDDD.

Also does anyone else think that titan barrier that only covers the legs looks kind of useless?

I mean I guess you could crouch but you still seem pretty exposed.

That warlock regen on the other hand looks crisp, along with Hunters becoming Mcree.

That version of the barrier allows you to hide behind and peak over to shoot. So it works like a cover system.

jeanRicK

Well yea. Didn't you know Destiny 2 is supposed to be a completely different game from graphics, animations, sound, gameplay, story, everything. There should not be one thing even reused from the previous game.

That shit gets so annoying. A lot of sequels to games reuse animations, enemies etc from previous games. Interfaces don't always radically change either. Course this is a Bungie game so it should totally change every single thing. Then of course they should show all 100 percent of the game when they reveal gameplay for the first time.

I swear some people just want to hate on every goddamn thing. You even had one stupid ass complaining about jumping through hoops to play it on pc and how he didn't want to do that. Keep in mind you don't have to do shit different then any other pc game. You install the damn game and then play.

Yea ... I'm pretty surprised at all the negativity

Fuck gaming side, I loved what I saw and really, REALLY want to play the final game right now. I am excited to get new guns and fight enemies on beautiful new worlds. My only complaints are lack of lots of new enemies and factions (but that could still be revealed) and I want to see more of what the open world/patrol zones look like. The changes sound great but I want to see them in action. Excited for the inevitable E3 demo. Please hurry up, beta.

FiraB

Banned
Gaming side is toxic in general, not surprised at the negativity.

People seemed to forgot that Bungie has a evolutionary development style and not a revolutionary one when it comes to their games. Just look at Halo, that was the perfect example of how Bungie will handle this series and yet people can't be bothered looking behind them to see how they handled things in the past.

I think people expecting an entirely new experience are a little to brain dead, honestly think people thought we were getting wow with guns by some of the comments.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only negativity is on forums and streams. If you only follow them you'd think everything in life is garbage. Only thing that matters is if the game sells and many people are enjoying it.

Good games everyone. Longest session in a while.

Complaining about complaining is just as annoying. People have differing opinions all the time. It is a videogame - very subjective.

I think I'm done for a while. Looking forward to Destiny 2 beta this summer. Until then... peace.

Only real disappointment for me was 4v4. I really dig 6v6 and being able to play with my whole group. Other than that, it looks good enough, just not sure if I'm gonna go Xbox or PS4 this time around. Where does most of gaf play?

Yeah I hope it gets better. I have a feeling not all p2p games are the same. I dont remember other p2p games from last gen for example being as bad as Destiny.

Perhaps that means it's possible they can make it better by adjusting the netcode!

Its not that the netcode is bad. Trials at launch of it was great. Other than lag switchers, all the matches played tightly.

Its that Bungie decided to give preference to MM matching instead of connection priority.

THANK GAWDDDD.

If we can create all 3 I'm going with the same I got now: Male Hunter (main), Female Titan & Warlock.

I didn't see anything on character customization, is that still a thing or are we static people now?

ElRenoRaven

If we can create all 3 I'm going with the same I got now: Male Hunter (main), Female Titan & Warlock.

I didn't see anything on character customization, is that still a thing or are we static people now?

They said there would be customization that has more options then the original game. That was one reason they decided not to carry over characters from what I read.

Gaming side is toxic in general, not surprised at the negativity.

People seemed to forgot that Bungie has a evolutionary development style and not a revolutionary one when it comes to their games. Just look at Halo, that was the perfect example of how Bungie will handle this series and yet people can't be bothered looking behind them to see how they handled things in the past.

I think people expecting an entirely new experience are a little to brain dead, honestly think people thought we were getting wow with guns by some of the comments.

It's what happens when you have a game this big, and call me crazy but I bet you 9/10 people complaining are going to buy it and continue to complain.

As mainly a single player person I'm hoping we'll see more about the exploration and secrets throughout the patrol spaces around E3 as the empty worlds and lack of a reason to really look for stuff was one my biggest disappointments throughout D1, they have said that's something they've put a lot of work into tho so hopefully they deliver on that.

ElRenoRaven

As mainly a single player person I'm hoping we'll see more about the exploration and secrets throughout the patrol spaces around E3 as the empty worlds and lack of a reason to really look for stuff was one my biggest disappointments throughout D1, they have said that's something they've put a lot of work into tho so hopefully they deliver on that.

Yea I'm looking forward to that stuff. I'm a mainly singleplayer guy. I will do some strikes but I don't raid. I just don't keep a huge friends list of people who play the game. I wish there had been more then just ghosts in Destiny 1. So to hear of lost sectors (Dungeons) and the treasure maps, etc is cool. I also do hope to see ghosts return. Hunting those were fun. My one request for those though would be to keep them out of raids and strikes. Not a fan of being locked out of getting all the ghosts because I don't raid.

Dynomutt

So this is where the Destiny 2 positivity is. I'm excited. It's a continuation of a good foundation. Looking forward to the BETA to determine pre-order.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want to know what the pros are going to do. Are they jumping ship to master race or sticking with Lord Cerny.

It's obvious with it being 60fps, probably better overall online experience and keyboard and mouse use, the skill levels should be higher.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Did someone say [Gjallarhorn, blessed gun of the Iron Lords]?
I want to know what the pros are going to do. Are they jumping ship to master race or sticking with Lord Cerny.

It's obvious with it being 60fps, probably better overall online experience and keyboard and mouse use, the skill levels should be higher.
I saw some tweets from people on pro teams saying PC would be the place due to frame rate alone, depends on delay maybe but they might just hold off anyway.
Dammit Math! Why'd you have to kill the dream! ;___;
Nobody wants to jump into a fresh release only to be surrounded by max level transfers :p

And now we wait... for a release date...

And now we wait... for a release date...

But DeeJ said before Destiny 1 released that people could look at your cool gear that they don't have and they want and be amazed at the story of how you got them!

If Gaming side GAF can bring up ancient statements as a complaint, I'm calling fair game here! ;p

The ones who are competent with M/KB will jump ship. Hell some of the ones who aren't will probably try or at least double dip. But Joystick proficiency doesn't translate 1:1, so I'd expect to see some shake ups regardless.

Tecnniqe

Banned
But DeeJ said before Destiny 1 released that people could look at your cool gear that they don't have and they want and be amazed at the story of how you got them!

If Gaming side GAF can bring up ancient statements as a complaint, I'm calling fair game here! ;p
:3

Number45

Is anyone a little disappointed/surprised that they haven't increased the PvE FT size to 4? Would be great to be able to move between modes in the same FT, rather than have to boot someone if you want to move to PvE activities.

HigXx

Liking what I see, seems a good step forward!

The only thing bugging me is that Titan Bubble better not be gone! The Cap-America Shield seems cool but I love my Bubble

Also noticed the Mega-phone Exotic Rocket Launcher in the stream. What a tease!

It's so nice to have a place to share the hype.
I can't stand all the criticism for not being a totally new game, like Destiny 2: A soccer game. All because of nonsense expectations.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna justify everything that's in the game, for example I'm not really sure about the 4 vs 4 pvp, even though I really like all the other changes in it.

Now I now what a COD player feels like.

Does Rise of Iron ever go on sale? Haven't played since shortly after the Taken King released. Just don't want to drop the $40 being asked for it in Canada.

Mengetsu

Wow reading all the negativity on the other side is insane. The stuff they're asking for is way to much. I don't want a brand new hub or menu. The small edits are great and just enough to keep it familiar but not too different.

I knew making it a sequel was gonna put all this pressure on it for the revealing and people wouldn't be satisfied anyway. I see this game like Final Fantasy 14 1.0 to 2.0 A Realm Reborn in terms of an upgrade. I almost wish they just named it something like Destiny Reborn or something, cause when you put that sequel number on the box people expect to much.

I couldn't stop smiling from beginning to end. The clan system, quality of life improvements all made me so satisfied. For someone who did not like Destiny because, I was tired of Halo after 2 I told myself I don't even want to bother. 6 months later my friend got it for PS4 and and egged me on too get it cause it was good.

1300hrs later with 3 characters I'm so glad they did. People are gonna say what they want. If they're still not interested in D2 after the reveal it was never the series for them overall. I'm just gonna enjoy all the news coming out and wait for the beta.

Spoo

I'm buying Destiny 2 and I'll probably love it, and all, but the presentation didn't sway me that this is a huge leap for the universe of Destiny in general. Maybe you guys see that as being negative, but rather, I see it as a positive. With Destiny 1, it's like we were starved of water -- a basic resource, and we should have had it, but we didn't -- Destiny 2 looks like it'll be giving everyone a huge jug of water; a lot of the things we wanted to have in Destiny 1, but didn't. Larger play spaces, more sub-classes, a bigger, more story-heavy campaign, competitive multiplayer without a lot of one-shot BS (it's looking a lot more like Halo, sure, but Halo, if people recall, is one of the better MP games out there). So, it's more of what we've become accustomed to loving.

That said, it's not some huge leap, and I think that is what a lot of people wanted to see. It has a million and one QoL changes, but it's not like WoW completely -- in fact, some things look simplified. Stats don't *seem* to be there anymore (int,disc,str), so build variety is going to change a bit to be more consistent. A lot of the supers seem to be more for the user of the super rather than everyone else (WoL, WoD for example). A focus on primaries is going to keep MP in line with some of the changes they have made in Destiny 1 -- so if you don't like the meta now, you probably aren't going to like the direction they are going with MP I guess, but 4v4 is actually *good* imo and asynchronous MP modes are really, really fun (evinced by Overwatch, et. al.).

Destiny 2 is not rewriting the rule book, it seems, but it looks like the adventure is going to be bigger, and incrementally better than vanilla D1. We don't know what the future holds -- their content plans are the *most* important thing about the game, and always will be. What do they plan to do on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and yearly basis to keep the universe alive for fans. Now that they have a "new" engine and toolset that in theory makes it easier for them to produce content, maybe we won't have the same problems D1 had. Maybe they will be able to, in an agile and iterative way, stay on top of their own creation, respond quickly to feedback, and add new adventures and modes quickly and efficiently.

People need to accept that Bungie wanted to play it very, very safe with D2. Don't go too far off formula. The title of "Destiny 1.5" doesn't bother me, inherently, because when you think about how close to godly Destiny 1 was, that .5 is a pretty big deal. But we should *all* be very careful not to assume that things are going to be perfect. We need to wait, review, and critique, because as always fans are going to help shape the direction of this game for many years to come. Don't be afraid to call out bad ideas.

And keep your chin up. This is going to be so much fun.

Number45

Liking what I see, seems a good step forward!

The only thing bugging me is that Titan Bubble better not be gone! The Cap-America Shield seems cool but I love my Bubble

Also noticed the Mega-phone Exotic Rocket Launcher in the stream. What a tease!
Zavala bubbled in the reveal.

Strider

The more footage I see the more excited I get... Especially the crucible changing to 4v4 is very appealing to me.

The biggest bummer tho is that I was hoping for an even larger rework of the classes and sub classes. A lot of the adjustments sound nice however.

I'll place my preorder whenever the beta dates are actually announced which is pretty safe to assume that'll happen at e3.

Number45

He did, but isn't that pre-everyone loses their light?

Could be a story rationale for why these things are reworked. Like, when you get the light back, it's not in the same form.
Good point, I was only half paying attention - intend to watch it again properly layer.

We don't have any confirmation on subclass numbers or anything do we? Just the new ones and striker/gunslinger returning confirmed? Mind you, if levelling the fucking things takes as long as in D1 I don't want any more than three...

Top Bottom