• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

CLBridges

If the speaker gets unmasked, we'll know right away when we meet and talk. Unless the voice/accent is disguised. It would be cool to get a 4th class but what could it be? Warlock, Titan, Hunter and...

But who!? Is it the speaker unmasked? Queens brother back with a vengeance? Osiris!?

Also Jeff Gerstmann confirms on twitter that the pc version has higher resolution and framerate.

I'm just waiting to hear him say

Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me.

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me."

zewone

If the speaker gets unmasked, we'll know right away when we meet and talk. Unless the voice/accent is disguised. It would be cool to get a 4th class but what could it be? Warlock, Titan, Hunter and...

Some sort of Fallen exclusive class.

At the very least, Fallen will be a race I'd guess.

I don't think we'll get new races until we go beyond our solar system, closer to the Darkness.
Ding ding or at least what's in our current sol system is taken care of.

Thank about the current groups right now.
Enemies:
Multiple Fallen factions have over run Earth and other planets.
Tho seems like this might have been taken care of by the prince.

Siva Fallen(probably not gonna be in destiny 2 physically)

The vex that want to terraform our planets/moon into machine worlds and have already done that.

Hive that have taken the moon and some of Earth.

The Taken still roam around.(probably not gonna be in destiny 2 physically)

The former Cabal and now another invading faction that has actually taken The Last City.

You want to add another enemie faction? Mind as well have the guardian throw in their towels now. I would like us to actually take care of these invaders before adding another.
This isn't even going into other groups like The Nine.

Foxxsoxx

Jesus this game is going to make me build a PC that I can't afford isn't it?

With 60fps, a FoV slider, and text chat I don't think I can stay on PS4.

Excuse me the proper term is "Cabo Puppers"
This looks like a pupper to you?
uM9sYFi

From Game Informer:

So new enemy Sub-types for sure.
Nessus is a gorgeous area, and in an odd way, more lively and active than some of the other Vex-controlled machine areas (like Mercury) that we’ve seen before. Waterfalls of Vex milk flow everywhere, and the descent into the planet makes for some gorgeous vistas, including several launching gateways that send you careening across long distances. Along the way, I fought some of the Red Legion’s new battle beasts, along with new variations of Cabal troops, like a Gladiator wielding two cleaver-like swords who was deadly at close range.

How do you properly respond to this?

Laughs aside he sounded really impressed.

zewone

PVP bullet points:

• 2 Primary slots and 1 Heavy
  • Sidearms are now in Primary Category
  • Titan Skating is Gone.
  • Lightening grenades take longer to activate
  • *Revives: Every player gets one revive “point” at round start. You lose your revive point on death or reviving someone.
  • 10 seconds before you can be revived after death
  • In this builds playable subclasses, there was no blink
  • If you take damage while reviving or pulling a crate you get interrupted and have to do it again.
  • No 1 hit abilities. Only 1 hits are from supers and power weapon ammo
  • (NOT CONFIRMED) Snipers can 1 Body Shot. Not low impact snipers tho
  • The 3 nades/ jumps are all the same. 4 perks that can’t be changed. 4 locked perks
  • Titan smash (Fist of Havoc) acts like a roaming super now. You can run around and smash multiple times
  • Golden Gun now has 6 Shots
  • Weapon Mods!!!!
  • Explosive Throwing Knifes!
  • Gunslinger and Warlock now have ‘Dash’ ability (Like shadestep)
  • There’s a new HC which creates sunspots after you get a kill with it!
  • There’s an auto rifle with Really really high Hip fire accuracy and automatically loads picked up ammo!
  • There’s a 3rd ability for all classes, For strikers there’s a small shield.
  • If you’re just short of a ledge your guardian will clamber up so you make it
  • Submachine Guns are very useful. Fun to use at close range with devastating effect.
  • artifacts have been removed. In that slot there’s an image of a lock with text that says “Clan Badge”
  • 3 melee punches to kill an enemy in PvP
  • Shotguns/Rockets/Snipers are all power weapons. You don’t ever spawn in with ammo for them. Secondary is weak sidearm/smg/fusion
  • Heavy ammo only for the one who opened the chest
  • Maps now have name of key locations pop up on screen when you are close
  • New HUD at top shows life and super status of all players.
  • Ammo drops for one-shot weapons (shotty, sniper) will be for one player only.
  • Warlock surfing is gone.

void666

Banned
am i the only one that noticed that the cabal now spawn in a giant CaBall

Nice.

Well, i'm excited. I don't understand people complaining about us fighting the same enemies, and destiny looking like... you know... destiny.
It's not like Bungie would scrap everything and start from zero. Of course we will still be seeing cabal, vex, fallen, hive. But there are new enemies in their ranks. And we've yet to see most of the game. I bet we'll see a lot of new stuff.

I knew after the stream that thread would be flooded with negativity.

Nice.

Well, i'm excited. I don't understand people complaining about us fighting the same enemies, and destiny looking like... you know... destiny.
It's not like Bungie would scrap everything and start from zero. Of course we will still be seeing cabal, vex, fallen, hive. But there are new enemies in their ranks. And we've yet to see most of the game. I bet we'll see a lot of new stuff.

I knew after the stream that thread would be flooded with negativity.
Agreed. It almost like people expected Destiny 2 to be a souls like third person game with a horse to ride, robot dinosaurs and Kart racing.

Agreed. It almost like people expected Destiny 2 to be a souls like third person game with a horse to ride, robot dinosaurs and Kart racing.
I think they just expected to see more of the new stuff. The reveal did not show anything outside of what you would expect for an expansion. New story, new subclass, new weapons is Taken King level.

There were a couple of interesting new features but nothing ground-breaking.

At this point, I'm going with wait-and-see. I need more new features that add a layer of complexity to the gameplay. I want buffs, stats and strategy.

I think they just expected to see more of the new stuff. The reveal did not show anything outside of what you would expect for an expansion. New story, new subclass, new weapons is Taken King level.

There were a couple of interesting new features but nothing ground-breaking.

At this point, I'm going with wait-and-see. I need more new features that add a layer of complexity to the gameplay. I want buffs, stats and strategy.
Yes, they haven't showed everything yet, which is good. They will drip feed more information until launch but they aren't going to show everything and I am okay with that.

Top Bottom