• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSASBR leaks lead to recent SCEA PR firing [Up: Fabricated report. Not true.]

Mr. Fix

I want to make something clear, since I conducted that interview. I didn't actually ask them about the Raiden leak or their feelings on PASBR. It was a Revengeance interview, not PASBR. I was asking about Snake vs Raiden in terms of their personality and depiction in the series, and it lead to a theoretical confrontation between the two and how it would play out. The answer started out normally, and then midway through both men asked if I could just ask them about PASBR instead. That's when they decided to vent about their issue with the game, including being upset over the leak. However, when probed if they had other grievances, they said it was best kept for a later time and wouldn't comment further.

Everyone connected to this fiasco must have a gaf account. Come on out, fellas.

Lol. What a twist.

But yeah, SCEA contacting an outside source source like Paul Gale to do false advertising for them sound too crazy even for them. And SCEJ forcing SuperBot to add characters that match Paul's hints? How's that even going to work when most of the characters were 3rd party?

Gonna just take a step back for now. Pretty fun Friday either way though! Thanks GAF.

Kat and Wander aren't third party, but I agree that it doesnt make sense for SCEJ to do that.

They must have paid Kagari off already :p

I dont get this joke. Someone explain :(

I want to make something clear, since I conducted that interview. I didn't actually ask them about the Raiden leak or their feelings on PASBR. It was a Revengeance interview, not PASBR. I was asking about Snake vs Raiden in terms of their personality and depiction in the series, and it lead to a theoretical confrontation between the two and how it would play out. The answer started out normally, and then midway through both men asked if I could just ask them about PASBR instead. That's when they decided to vent about their issue with the game, including being upset over the leak. However, when probed if they had other grievances, they said it was best kept for a later time and wouldn't comment further.
The mess continues to grow.

BlazinAm

Just to be clear the game is far from perfect (artsyle is terrible, music is not that good (so far anyway), and sound effect are not that great either (but its getting better)). But from what I have played I dont think the game deserves anything lower then a 7 that its going to get from some outlets but once again it's their opinion.

Thanks for review on a not finished product... like really!

Tagg9

Wow, this thread just keeps giving back. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for clearing that up. This whole thing is so messy it's ridiculous.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they even try to combat that? It's as blatant a rip-off as I've ever seen.
Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game. But it is what it is.

Maybe you didn't follow the whole situation, but he didn't just say that it was a rip-off, he said the game sucked and is actually immoral because it was a rip-off.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Did you want a GameTrailers tag btw?

We offer them to all developers and journalists if they want them.

This entire thing is just a clever cover-up for Sakurai and Nintendo hiring Paul Gale to mess with people interested in this game and toy with their expectations.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
....................WHAT? when was this? If he really did that then yeah this entire fiasco or anything else that might come out of his mouth should not be taken seriously

Yep.

PGN said:
Though Capcom was interested, such a title never came out…however it might have been an influence in the Street Fighter Legends comic book series by Udon, which is a similar idea to my own.

On phone, otherwise I would provide pics/video here, but you can find them at the link below:

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011/05/07/street-fighter-legends-ryu/

SykoTech

Thanks for posting this.

And yet it was somehow reported that they slammed the game to death during that interview. Gotta love all the misinterpretations surrounding this game.

Boss Man

In about an hour, the new SCEA marketing crew is going to post a thread on GAF through Paul Gale's account acting as if he's defending himself, but then announcing a surprise reveal of Crash Bandicoot in Playstation All-Stars. There will be tears and there will be laughter, and there will be .gifs...oh there will be .gifs.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

JaaKG.png

Well, it's true. And it worked lol.

Wasn't it GAF that fooled Kotaku?

prwxv3

Everyone should take a moment and realize that this huge shitstorm is over a crossover fighting game of all games. I hope this does not discourage other devs to make crossover fighting games, we could use more of those.

kuroshiki

Everyone should take a moment and realize that this huge shitstorm is over a crossover fighting game of all games. I hope this does not discourage other devs to make crossover fighting games, we could use more of those.

No. let this be the lesson to other developers that if you can't secure some great franchises for 'character game', don't even try in the first place.

I still hope that this game can be a moderate success to make other developers interested enough to give Sony some great IPs.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
You know what was behind people at SCEA PR losing their jobs?

Budget cuts. Pretty exciting, right?

Lmao.

Crash, Snake, Ryu, and an FF rep all are though. And there's no real way SCEJ could force SUperBot to put these characters in just to match Paul's hints.

I meant if they forced anything, it'd be Kat and Wander

He too scared to come to GAF lol. Im not going to call him a liar, as the source for this thread is in question, but he'd definitely make this thread more interesting

Splint

I dont feel too bad about all of this considering this game's assets are ripped right out of a Nintendo game. That being said, I look forward to playing the final product.

prwxv3

No. let this be the lesson to other developers that if you can't secure some great franchises for 'character game', don't even try in the first place.

I still hope that this game can be a moderate success to make other developers interested enough to give Sony some great IPs.

I disagree. I think the game is a pretty decent lineup (IMO of course). It all depends on your preferences. And if it hopefully sells enough to get a sequel the roster should get better.

Margalis

Banned
This sounds like ridiculous embellishment.

The "source" here is a junior who claims to do voice work who knows a guy who was let go. People who are let go often don't have a good picture as to why and pin it on bizarre stuff. So this is telephone with a guy who isn't reliable.

The idea that Sony was unhappy with how PR for the game was handled - sure. The idea Paul Gale was "bribed" seems absurd.

Top Bottom