• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSASBR leaks lead to recent SCEA PR firing [Up: Fabricated report. Not true.]

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
haha you got him a bit early. what a fraud!

Now I wish I had pressed him a bit harder, honestly. Ah well.

Another thing that got me is that he used the name "Afro Gunsou", yet Mr. Jewell only had a bit part in Sgt. Frog, as Viper. He was only in like three episodes. Why would you not name yourself after one of your bigger roles, instead of a bit part? :lol

Corto

It's in here.

url]

Damn! I was expecting you to post: "A miserable little pile of secrets!". ;) That would be perfect.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is like some Wii Will Rock U level shit.

I dunno. Wii Will at least had a (somewhat) entertaining twitter/ARG going. This dude just spread false rumors for internet profit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another weird thing is that Afro Gunsou first alluded to being Jerry Jewell in the Toonami thread, not the PSABR thread. Which means either he was constructing a backstory for himself, or that his original intent for impersonating Mr. Jewell wasn't to spread a false rumor. Strange.

Corto

Another weird thing is that Afro Gunsou first alluded to being Jerry Jewell in the Toonami thread, not the PSABR thread. Which means either he was constructing a backstory for himself, or that his original intent for impersonating Mr. Jewell wasn't to spread a false rumor. Strange.

It just makes it appear even more deliberated.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

It's worth noting that there's no concrete evidence that the firing rumour is false. The recent revelation primarily concerns Afro Gunsou's bizarre impersonation. And as you said, it all happened in another thread.

But this happening suddenly calls into question everything, as he's obviously not who he claims to be. And we already had reports contesting his claims. So now it just looks like he lied about everything, for some reason or another.

Hah, these kind of people are everywhere. There was also another gaffer that claimed to work for Cartoon Network on the new Thundercats cartoon, which turned out to be false too.

I was wondering what happened to that guy. This all so hilarious, I just don't understand the point.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was wondering what happened to that guy. This all so hilarious, I just don't understand the point.

He still posts, just not in any thread related to Thundercats. He kinda got a free pass because he did *want* to be on the show crew, badly. I think Duckroll took pity on him.

Torgo

I can guarantee that the "firing rumor" is false. I personally know every person that was affected, and I guarantee you that was not the reason for what happened.

There are so many comments in this thread that I'd love to reply to, because they're patently false as well. There are some interesting theories, but if people truly understodd how the business operated, especially at Sony (which even I deal with on almost a daily basis now) you'd all realize that how you may think things work, and who'd be responsible for what, is completely incorrect.

Takao

Banned
paul gale is still not redeemed

but I offer him, and everyone else I said bad things relating to this thread an apology.

I can guarantee that the "firing rumor" is false. I personally know every person that was affected, and I guarantee you that was not the reason for what happened.

There are so many comments in this thread that I'd love to reply to, because they're patently false as well. There are some interesting theories, but if people truly understodd how the business operated, especially at Sony (which even I deal with on almost a daily basis now) you'd all realize that how you may think things work, and who'd be responsible for what, is completely incorrect.

So I shouldn't harass Grace Chen? Say it ain't so!

SykoTech

looking at his post history, its obvious he was a nintendo fan....so it doesn't surprise me (since most nfans are up in arms about this game)

If this was the only big story he made up, then I'd agree. But it seems he also decided to commit identity fraud of a voice actor. I'm guessing he was just a major attention whore.

C.T.

Looking at that guys post history, lol, it's pretty crazy to think he was trying to pass himself off as a professional VA. Seems more like a crazed fan / otaku that met Jerry Jewell at an anime convention one too many times and has some weird fantasy of being the guy, or I guess being a voice actor in general.

Having watched Perfect Blue recently, we desperatetly need a picture of the crazy stalker and Jerry 'shopped onto stage instead of Mima.

paul gale is still not redeemed

but I offer him, and everyone else I said bad things relating to this thread an apology.

I cant take Paul seriously if he keeps posting topless photos of himself and flexing his guns.

Pride is one thing, but continously seeking validation and acknowledgement by posting narcissitic photos is something else.

Hes probably an O-kay guy, but thats completely unnecessary. And pretty much irrelevant to a game article.

I cant take Paul seriously if he keeps posting topless photos of himself and flexing his guns.

Pride is one thing, but continously seeking validation and acknowledgement by posting narcissitic photos is something else.

paul gale in psasbr confirmed. jesus, psasbr really makes a lot of people angry.

Hes probably an O-kay guy, but thats completely unnecessary. And pretty much irrelevant to a game article.

Bububub you don't get it! Those are hints for the characters like this!
exJBZ.jpg

Wt8iF.jpg

Paul is an ok guy but I have to agree he goes a lil too far sometimes lol.

Margalis

Banned
This sounds like ridiculous embellishment.

Nailed it.

I was actually going to write something much meaner than the above originally but decided to play nice.

His story read like nonsense - Sony is mad at PR for marketing mistakes so they fire a bunch of PR - but not the ones actually working on the game...what???

The fact that this guy - a guy with no established credibility telling a tale that on it's face just didn't make much sense - was taken seriously says something bad about GAF's hunger for salacious gossip.

Dabanton

HAHA uh oh looks like someone meant to log into another account...

EDIT:Actually it does look as if he was aware he was quoting himself

duckroll

Erm, you guys are being silly. He was clearly just quoting the stuff he posted over a month ago in the thread, and going "I CALLED IT!". :p

Edit: Lol, beaten. Too much paranoia in here. :)

Erm, you guys are being silly. He was clearly just quoting the stuff he posted over a month ago in the thread, and going "I CALLED IT!". :p

Edit: Lol, beaten. Too much paranoia in here. :)

Proved his point lol.

The fact that this guy - a guy with no established credibility telling a tale that on it's face just didn't make much sense - was taken seriously says something bad about GAF's hunger for salacious gossip.

Margalis

Banned
Oh shi...man oh noes I screwed up and forgot to switch accounts. Ruh roh!

Lol.

I was purposely quoting myself to say that I nailed it. I even referred to myself writing the post in question! I suppose I'm guilty of patting myself on the back but I was trying to make the point that his story didn't have much believability.

Paul Gale

LOL, ooooh man. Ok for starters, that top left pic is primarily for the SuperBot logo itself. The one in Italy at the Spanish Steps was to represent people's wishes (and to be fair, I'm wearing a shirt!) And as for the third, hahaha, yeah, it was in an article where so much crap was being sent my way that I decided to have a little fun. The naysayers really don't get to me, because I know that at the end of the day, they come down to either being 1) super protective of their game (and rightfully so) or only want 100% straight answers that are 100% correct, all the time and anything that they don't understand or see as being erroneous, completely wipes away any good previously done.

So since those folks don't bother me personally or "hurt my feelings", I never get angry on the web or anything. But, in that article, I did decide to poke a little fun at the whole situation, myself included, and that was the reason for the face replicating the mask in Rome pic, that obvious flex one (lol, me putting myself in your guys' shoes would probably be saying the same thing about me), and so on.

But on the other hand, I do have a surprisingly healthy 18-35 year old female audience that visits my site. And being a 29 year old male in California, well, a pic here and there doesn't hurt! ;) For all of you guys out there, sorry!

Mmm, just pretend you're looking at a UFC fighter in the Octagon or something...if that helps and NOT a guy on the web talking about a game you really want to play this Fall. Maybe that'll help?

Anyways, at least this community is cool and understanding. There's plenty enough bull that goes on on the internet, that it's nice to see and interact with all of you, a seemingly level headed gang that can laugh a bit and take a few jabs, but never be insulting for the hell of it.

Of course I believe it was here that the lies first popped up over the whole "thanks to me, I got people fired" junk and that "I took bribes". Neither were true and I told NeoGAF about it first, followed by my twitter page and other forums.

A lot of reporters don't bother entering forums on the net for 1) they don't like reading negative feedback about themselves and 2) are too busy writing stories. Well with me, I 1) LIKE all feedback and take it all into serious consideration and 2) am pretty damn busy in the real world where the vast majority of my time goes to for other projects, proposals, business matters, etc....yet simply enjoy so much, taking what free time I do have, to interact online. Because no matter who I am in California, the people that know me in person see a very different individual. You guys and girls (however there may be here...please more than 1) see the side of me that IS a big part of me, and that's "Gamer Paul". I'm really one of you and it's cool getting to talk like this.

Handling people's stocks, teaching martial arts, doing my physical therapy and personal training thing, forming contracts for property acquisition, writing books, blah, blah, blah...is all fine and dandy and I do like that stuff, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. BUT, there's just something awesome that I love so much and that's getting to type online and talk about games.

So thank you all for keeping things cool. Oh and if you wanted to see MY wishlist of characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, here it is:

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...e-royale-plus-my-support-for-crash-bandicoot/

Gomu Gomu

Just finished reading all 12 pages. What a journey this thread has been. Good show everyone.

And you what, I do think Paul is a bit weird, his 'network' is unusual and his rumors are mainly BS. But I would have never thought anyone would go so far in hating him, that they will impersonate a false identity to try to paint the guy as a bribe taking scumbag. Man, some people are really strange.

Top Bottom