• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSASBR leaks lead to recent SCEA PR firing [Up: Fabricated report. Not true.]

Corto

I knew that. Many people would read the rumors and move on to next things, but he didn't . He decided to do more.

Many people read the rumors and felt that there was something odd on this AfroGunsou guy claiming he had inside knowledge and then fueling conjectures and misinformation. I even asked him directly who was he to make such claims and why should we believe him. We had some PM exchange that doesn't add nothing much more to this whole mess than that he just claimed he was a voice actor that worked for Sony, nothing more specific than that. I didn't knew who he was before, but had I some knowledge of what is that anime that he claimed he worked for and that company FUNimation and I would pursue in trying to know where does this guy coming from. I would not post the images of emails and phone numbers though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What the fuck. Why did he feel the need to create this mess of lies. Why

WHY

Hanmik

looking at some of his post from earlier today..

iP7Yv6ZLR5Bbi.jpg

damn boy...

@MUWANdo

Banned
The saddest thing about this whole mess is that it's the only thing that interests me about this game. I would have completely forgotten about it by now if not for all this ridiculous drama.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thank you for bringing this impersonator and fabricated report to our attention. Locking the thread and updating the op with relevant information.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Unlocked, bumped, so people see the thread.

JABEE

That's not right. Can't you be criminally charged for impersonating someone with the sole intent to fabricate trade secrets?

Mpl90

Yep, even impersonating someone is illegal. At least here in the EU impersonating someone online is illegal.

And he did this for...what? Being a jerk towards SCEA and Paul Gale because...?
Seriously, we need to know why, it's just absurd what happened. :lol

I knew that. Many people would read the rumors and move on to next things, but he didn't . He decided to do more.

He only decided to do more once the guy claimed to be the voice actor, then he reached out to Jerry to determine the legitimacy of afro being him. This place has a lot of industry people but afro never proved his credentials, thus someone researched it further. To make matters worse he claimed to be a specific person which is the bigger crime than spreading a frabricated story.

I still don't get the idea of people lying on 'teh interwebs'. What do they get out of it? Is it personal satisfaction of pretending to be someone else? Is it the joy of getting all the attention that you crave? Ever wonder what would happen when the someone calls you out on your bullshit?

Jeez.

Mpl90

What's even more distressing is how people here reacted to this. Disgusting.

Now that I think about it, seeing someone called "fabricated backlash" posting in a thread about a fabricated report which actually cause a "fabricated" backlash...Irony at its finest.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I still don't get the idea of people lying on 'teh interwebs'. What do they get out of it? Is it personal satisfaction of pretending to be someone else? Is it the joy of getting all the attention that you crave? Ever wonder what would happen when the someone calls you out on your bullshit?

Jeez.

It's pretty childish. It's ashamed that this made it on to the forum

SSReborn

looking at his post history, its obvious he was a nintendo fan....so it doesn't surprise me (since most nfans are up in arms about this game)
Still doesn't really explain why he faked his identity he was even doing it in the Toonami thread which was completely unrelated to this.

Top Bottom