• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Gibbles17

I just played Brawl last night since my friends asked me to.. It took me awhile to get used to brawl again because I felt that brawl was slow and too floaty right after played Sony Battle Royale.

I realized that Sony was a lot of fun because of it's speed and how fast the battle became hectic when it come to free for all.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Day 1'd.

ReaperXL7

Originally I thought maybe we would get some of the characters we wanted as DLC, but with the way things seem to be going right now, my prediction for DLC characters has changed abit recently. I think it's more likely we will get stuff like, Wrex from Mass Effect(they could really troll people by putting Saren in the game), Soap Mactavish from Call of Duty, Duke Nukem, Premier Anatoly Cherdenko from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, and maybe if Activision is feeling generous we might even get a Skylander....not Spyro of course, but whichever one if the least popular.

SSReborn

PSY・S;40478465 said:
Wow. I though people were getting upset because he was some minor character no one cared about.

It isn't the "right" Dante...

I honestly feel like the only person who is fine with the roster but I guess I look at it from a actual combat/gameplay point of view that and the maybe fact that I didn't have so much hype weighing on third parties.

Lightning, Dante, Raiden, Nariko, Sir Daniel Fortesque etc. should all have amazing combat (which is one of the things Superbot said they were scouting characters based upon) and I really cant wait to see them in action. I would've loved to see Crash, Sora, Kazuma Kiryu, Kat, Jen etc. but I would never say someone was a wasted slot. Unless they play like garbage ala Roll from MVC2 (who didn't even make lowest tier and had her own tier under that)

My only question that still has yet to be answered is in the inevitable sequel with the third party characters what if I main one what are the chances that they will come back. I don't wanna main a character and lose them in the sequel I think that's what happened with Soul Calibur Broken Destiny so they inevitably folded Kratos's moves, stances etc into Aeon for Soul Calibur 5.

J-Tier

Originally I thought maybe we would get some of the characters we wanted as DLC, but with the way things seem to be going right now, my prediction for DLC characters has changed abit recently. I think it's more likely we will get stuff like, Wrex from Mass Effect(they could really troll people by putting Saren in the game), Soap Mactavish from Call of Duty, Duke Nukem, Premier Anatoly Cherdenko from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3, and maybe if Activision is feeling generous we might even get a Skylander....not Spyro of course, but whichever one if the least popular.

I think that's a bit too cynical xD

But at the least, you're not setting up yourself for disappointment, which is good.

Well Paul Gale confirmed there are two more females that haven't been revealed yet right? So we'll have at least three @_@

Also:

PSY・S;40478465 said:
Wow. I thought people were getting upset because he was some minor character no one cared about.

The anger towards the new Dante is a long and tired story, I won't go on about it here. What I will say is that if we got old Dante, I think everyone would be fine with that. If this leak is real, Superbot will probably go on record to say DmC Dante was chosen to differentiate him from OG Dante that appeared in UMvC3, which is BS because the percentage of people who like Dino over Dante is pretty small (from what I've seen). I know people like Dino, but a lot of us don't, and therefore having him in All-Stars over Dante is an insult.

The same goes for Raiden, a lot of us like Snake or Big Boss over him - I know people like him, hell I'm one of them (I even liked him in MGS2!), if both of them are in game the only thing that makes sense for their addition is a cash in. They literally make NO SENSE to be considered in the main roster over other characters that scream Playstation, like Crash, Spyro, Big Boss or Old Snake.

Final edit:

I'm still holding out hope that the leak wasn't real. One thing I kept thinking about was: why the hell would Superbot leave all that stuff in the BETA code? It would be too obvious that it could get leaked. All they needed to do was get the original six character build and prepare it for online play, but cut off the rest of the code so it's pretty much in a vacuum. It just makes NO SENSE why they would leave all that in the code -_-

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Final edit:

I'm still holding out hope that the leak wasn't real. One thing I kept thinking about was: why the hell would Superbot leave all that stuff in the BETA code? It would be too obvious that it could get leaked. All they needed to do was get the original six character build and prepare it for online play, but cut off the rest of the code so it's pretty much in a vacuum. It just makes NO SENSE why they would leave all that in the code -_-

Because coding a video game is a very long complicated process. There is a lot of code in a game like that and a lot of refrences to a lot of different things inside that code. If you take anything out you break everything that ever references to it, so removing it would be a gigantic undertaking.

Maybe if at the start of the process they could have just used a cryptic file system that they could still easily remember, things might have worked better for them, or maybe they should have just revealed everything they have to before the beta leaks. But asking them to remove or change the names of things just for a beta would be a huge undertaking.

Looking back at the minion list, looks like Spike's minion is just a regular Monkey. Which means Jake can still be an alt costume :D. How bout Specter being a costume too? It would be weird with Spike's moveset but kinda cool, no?

Drencrom

Looking back at the minion list, looks like Spike's minion is just a regular Monkey. Which means Jake can still be an alt costume :D. How bout Specter being a costume too? It would be weird with Spike's moveset but kinda cool, no?

Jake and Specter as costumes would be really cool and would probably work pretty well. Makes a lot more sense than a Musashi costume which is rumored by TheMink's source haha.

I-hate-u

Yeah combat wise all these characters look fantastic and super fun. Even Evil Cole should have some cool move-sets that separates him from good Cole.
The only dissapointment so far is Dino. I don't want DMC3 Dante as he is already in Mvc3. I would have wished they put Dmc1 Dante or even Dmc4 Dante with Dino as a skin.
Then again, Dino's movelist is unknown and he could have some cool stuff.

k_Reign

Yeah combat wise all these characters look fantastic and super fun. Even Evil Cole should have some cool move-sets that separates him from good Cole.
The only dissapointment so far is Dino. I don't want DMC3 Dante as he is already in Mvc3. I would have wished they put Dmc1 Dante or even Dmc4 Dante with Dino as a skin.
Then again, Dino's movelist is unknown and he could have some cool stuff.

I have a feeling that Dante will be one of the stronger characters gameplay-wise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg_Xp1wGM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=175s

It looks amazing and I can't wait to use that scythe, hahah.

Also, I recommend some of you watch starting from here....just for the commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg_Xp1wGM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=485s

SmithnCo

I have a feeling that Dante will be one of the stronger characters gameplay-wise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg_Xp1wGM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=175s

It looks amazing and I can't wait to use that scythe, hahah.

Also, I recommend some of you watch starting from here....just for the commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg_Xp1wGM0&feature=player_detailpage#t=485s

Man, it's different from normal DMC for sure, but I'm still hyped for this. Looks very solid.

I know this has probably been raised before and I apologize for reiterating this point but does Evil Cole not break the only one character per franchise rule?

k_Reign

I know this has probably been raised before and I apologize for reiterating this point but does Evil Cole not break the only one character per franchise rule?

What rule? There is no rule. That rule was "decided" by the people of the communities that are following this game. Superbot hasn't said anything about that.

I'm gonna enjoy playing as Dante, even more so if they have classic (DMC2 plz) skin. About moves being different I dont remember much other moves being same in all of the games than stinger/launcher that they show in that DmC gameplay video anyway.

Can someone post video of Dino at his worst. I'm interested cause everyone is raving about his horrible personality. To me DMC3 Dante was pretty horrible lol.

k_Reign

Ah, okay my bad I apologize.

So maybe Dr. Nefarious, Ares, etc. can be in?

Well it is very doubtful, but a lot of people like Athena, Captain Quark, and Zeke from Infamous are showing up as "minions", which at this point seem to be people that are present during the arcade/story mode for each character. It should be awesome!

lol Alex Mercer.

Pretty much just takes the leak and adds Polygon Man... I don't trust it.

Wouldn't mind Mercer at all. Just seems incredibly unlikely. But Sora! :D

here is the part that bothers me
“there is no king of the hill, there is no capture the flag implemented yet nor have I heard talk of anything like that… LAN games were removed due to the amount of bugs submitted for it, no free roam as far as I have seen… And the Challenge, General and Character trials are being removed in order to be made into DLC”.

Like, what kind of thing is that to make up?...Not cool

Especially since Prototype 2 kinda killed Radical and Activision would rather promote other series and/or give us Crash.

Exactly. But I mostly just want to have matches that are Alex Mercer vs Cole hee hee

whether it be good cole, evil cole, infamous 1 cole, vampire cole or Kessler

Hyuga

Banned
Well, Polygon Man would make sense.

He was "The First"!
(Dracula reference)

Sony Computer Entertainments first mascot:
gh63mppr.png

2v4o52v7.jpg

I would be very surprised if Polygon Man were not the final boss.
Do you guys think the final boss, whether it be Polygon Man or not, will also be playable? Or just a boss in the same vein as Master Hand?

KillGore

Is it sad that I've bought every PS console/handheld and I don't know who polygon man is? I mean, I've heard his name mentioned but only because of PASBR but before that I didn't even know he existed? Who was he and what happened? why do people think it'll be him as a final boss?

Edit: Just read how he was the first mascot? are there any commercials about him? did he speak?

Hah! This article basically just says "uh yeah we heard about the leak but we already knew about it, also all that stuff...yeah, it's being removed"

Too many bugs with LAN? Haven't games been incorporating LAN since GCN/PS2/Xbox?

Citation needed

This has got me really worried. Surely they will release all that awesomesauce into day 1? They'd be loved all over for it.

Aw man if Polygon Man is the real final boss, I'll laugh pretty hard. I'd love it, honestly. He just makes sense, the whole revenge bit someone mentioned ages ago on Gaf.

Gorillaz

I hate to bring this up again but....activision has never said anything about crash ever since this game has been announced. So Im a little interested in their silence.

Aw man if Polygon Man is the real final boss, I'll laugh pretty hard. I'd love it, honestly. He just makes sense, the whole revenge bit someone mentioned ages ago on Gaf.

What revenge bit?

Kurod

Banned
Wouldn't mind Mercer at all. Just seems incredibly unlikely. But Sora! :D

here is the part that bothers me

Like, what kind of thing is that to make up?...Not cool

It looks like Grade-A bullshit. Guaranteed hits thanks to the number of haters that will link to the article in their trolling.

If anyone from Superbot sees this I hope they debunk it quickly because if that is true there will be a lot of pissed of fans (and ex-fans).

What revenge bit?

Someone on gaf mentioned how Polygon Man could be gathering all the current and popular Playstation icons to exact revenge on them for everyone neglecting and forgetting about him. He was at the start of the Playstation, I forget the entire story of his incarnation and almost immediate death from the brand but he was basically a mascot at some point near or during the PS1's launch, IIRC. I'd find it hilarious if they used that with him as the main boss, a la master hand, but way more twisted and sinister.

k_Reign

I hate to bring this up again but....activision has never said anything about crash ever since this game has been announced. So Im a little interested in their silence.

What revenge bit?

Revenge for being forgotten and thrown aside as the mascot of Playstation, hahah.

EDIT: Ahh, Schobeleth beat me and with a better explanation

Someone on gaf mentioned how Polygon Man could be gathering all the current and popular Playstation icons to exact revenge on them for everyone neglecting and forgetting about him. He was at the start of the Playstation, I forget the entire story of his incarnation and almost immediate death from the brand but he was basically a mascot at some point near or during the PS1's launch, IIRC. I'd find it hilarious if they used that with him as the main boss, a la master hand, but way more twisted and sinister.

But it's just not a good storyline without Crash or Spyro in it :(

Are there any videos on P-Man I can find?

SmithnCo

But it's just not a good storyline without Crash or Spyro in it :(

Are there any videos on P-Man I can find?

I believe there are just magazine ads on the web.

They nixed the character pretty quickly, just after the E3 where he debuted. A revenge plot with him would be cool.

k_Reign

Didn't Omar already confirm a trials mode in a interview? I remember that, I think at Evo... This sounds like BS.

And by LAN do they mean Local play?

Nah, I'm pretty sure LAN is hooking up the consoles to play together. I can't imagine that was removed if it was ever in.

Not sure on whether or not Omar's mentioned it. I don't remember anything specific like that

Nah, I'm pretty sure LAN is hooking up the consoles to play together. I can't imagine that was removed if it was ever in.

Not sure on whether or not Omar's mentioned it. I don't remember anything specific like that

I mean, I know what LAN is... But why would it be in this game in the first place? Its four player only and everyone shares the same camera view at all time. Isn't the point of LAN giving each player there own full screen so so they don't have to do split screen? So I thought maybe they got local and LAN mixed up?

k_Reign

I mean, I know what LAN is... But why would it be in this game in the first place? Its four player only and everyone shares the same camera view at all time. Isn't the point of LAN giving each player there own full screen so so they don't have to do split screen? So I thought maybe they got local and LAN mixed up?

Maybe...it's...

ehh...

maybe that casts some doubt on the text that was in the beta files?

Maybe...it's...

ehh...

maybe that casts some doubt on the text that was in the beta files?

So there was mention of a LAN mode in the Beta files? Thats weird, I just can't see the reason why that mode would ever be needed, let alone sold as DLC.

That goes against them saying that they are cramming everything they can on disk and worrying about DLC later.

The only Fighting game I know off the top of my head that had a LAN mode was Bushido Blade 1 or 2 on the PS1. But thats because each player would play on First Person mode, and thus had there own unique camera view.

k_Reign

So there was mention of a LAN mode in the Beta files? Thats weird, I just can't see the reason why that mode would ever be needed, let alone sold as DLC.

That goes against them saying that they are cramming everything they can on disk and worrying about DLC later.

Now that I think about it, that may have just been random text along with stuff like "Clue Bottles" and "Adam"... we don't have any context for it. There may very well not be a LAN mode, hahah.

Tagg9

Maybe I'm missing something, but what would be the purpose of LAN play? Everyone can play on the same console...

Top Bottom