• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

It's KAT! T.T It's Kat...it's kat...

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE
gravity_rush_2.jpg

I-hate-u

I gotta say man, I did not why people want Kat in the game until I tried out the game at a demo kiosk. I instantly fell in love with it. I hope at the very least Sony makes a franchise out of this IP that extends to the Ps3/Ps4

k_Reign

SeRQj.png

Reasons that it's probably not Sir Daniel Fortesque:
- This character is a fairly short character. I have never played MediEvil but Sir Dan seems to be taller than this character, especially since we can compare next to Kratos.
- No weapons can be seen in this image. Granted, it's a very, very blurry image, but not even the shape of a weapon or shield or anything can be seen. But maybe he is using something more subtle than a sword and shield? Maybe a crossbow? Who knows.

Reasons that...we have no idea who it is, really. But here are some little things about it (marked on the image as well):
- The bottom part of the torso SEEMS to match with what I've drawn. That is the same way that Kat's clothing fits on her.
- The machine is outlined in the picture...the green and blue parts are the panel and the tv screen behind it but all of the colors are mixed together in the blurriness.
- I outlined, again, what SEEMS to be the feet. They are just slightly darker than the things behind them and don't seem to match anything in the stage. However, the blurry photo's stage seems to be at a slightly different angle than the character select image that we have.
- The arm on the left is just something dumb. I really don't know what part is which there because there are similar colors in the background...and again, it's all blurred together.
- The head is outlined, at least as best I could and assuming it is just one color. But it seems to be proportional the way I outlined it.
- I have no idea what the blue thing I circled on the right is. It just didn't match the stage select image.
- It is very possible that some of the character's details match up with the panel in the background...in which case that is very silly but the image is blurry as hell and I didn't circle them.

I probably missed some things and did some things incorrectly but it is very hard to tell what is what since all the colors blurred together. Bigfoot photos are clearer than this. For one thing, where are the character's legs?

Like I said, I could be totally wrong. I see Kat when I look at it zoomed out, but I see a huge mess of color when it is zoomed in.

I'm not denying that he had some legit leaked information early on. I'm just saying that everything he's "revealed" or hinted at since then has been bullshit. It's all been at least one of the following:

1) Characters who are completely obvious, like Jak, Ratchet, and Cole.

2) Stuff that's already been leaked or revealed, like San Francisco.

3) Ridiculously cryptic, so he can find some way to connect his "clues" to pretty much any potential reveals. I mean, really? Lambo is kinda like Lombax, therefore Ratchet? The pictures have things that use electricity, therefore Cole? Using that kind of logic, is there anything that couldn't somehow be linked to one of his pictures?

And beyond his posts on this game, I'm also taking into account his posts about other games. I was thinking specifically about Castlevania 3DS in my last post, as that situation went exactly as described. He "announced" Mirror of Fate after it had already been leaked, and basically just compiled all the rumored information that had been posted on sites like GAF, and called it a Paul Gale Network exclusive. He later tried to use this as evidence for his credibility, and was called out on it, to which he replied something along the lines of what I posted up there. Then when the game was officially revealed, it turned out a lot of the "leaked" information that he'd compiled was actually false.

I also think back to the Starfox x Metroid thing. He posted that as a rumor, got people riled up, then immediately before E3 where everyone was expecting Retro's game to be revealed which would have proven his rumor to be bullshit, he said that he suddenly found out that the rumor was actually not true.

And what of the night and day pictures of the BBQ restaurant? Or was it completely obvious that there were going to be two versions of Cole?

k_Reign

Man...Any chance it's like...Rayman? I can't find legs.

Neither can I. It's really throwing me off, hahah. Maybe they just blurred in with the background but I kinda doubt it. Though Kat's legs are really thin, especially compared to Kratos's legs, which we can still see.

Hell, when it's all zoomed in like that I can't see anything.

k_Reign

It's kinda funny that we came back to this isn't it? Haha

Hah, I thought it had been decided that it was Kat. But now I'm sick of looking at it because I can't tell who it could be. But it doesn't seem to be any of the characters that were leaked or Lightning. My closest guess is still Kat, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm kinda over speculation and blurry pictures until we get some more official info!

k_Reign

It's Kat.

Well, one thing that I'm confused about is that blue area down by where you have the feet circled. I'm 90% certain that that's part of the character. I really doubt it's Dusty either.

Hell, you can't see a neck or arms or legs or anything...I'm starting to think that maybe there's not a character there at all hahahah.

J-Tier

Going back the the image, the white part actually looks like huge thighs, or thick pants. And the blue above the head is potentially a hat or a hairdo.

EDIT: Am I ruining the image? =(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The way that black clothing lines up around the skin colored legs... I can only see Kat.

Loudninja

Q7) At what stage is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale in development right now?
A7) The game only has 2 months of development left before it goes gold (ready for mass production) and right now the team is finalizing the user interface, character menus, taking into account the wishes from fans regarding lights, borders, placement of menus, and so on. In addition, more audio is being produced as we speak, wrapping up the game’s last bit of voice acting, sound effects, and scores.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What if that white "leg" is a sword and the arm is blured out of existence. Does that fit or change anything to anyone?

EDIT: God f'ing damn it now I am seeing Sir Daniel

dot

I just watched the IGN video on that picture and it does kinda look like Kat. I'm not really familiar with Gravity Rush but she looks interesting.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's lopsided, but to give people an impression of what I'm looking at to see Sir Daniel:

5No0Z.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

I can't believe I'm about to bring this up. But you know what the leaks didn't answer?

I think Sir Daniel Fortesque is taller than Kratos. he might be the character on the right, next to Sly.

My best bet on the left character next to Kratos, is that its either Sackboy or Spike ( w/ net).

EDIT. Btw, just an interesting observation...

6MNMi.jpg

/characters/_minions/athena_minion/charsetup/athena_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/captainqwark_minion/charsetup/captainqwark_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/fatprincessworker_minion/charsetup/fatprincessworker_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/dollface_minion/charsetup/dollface_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/helghastsoldier_minion/charsetup/helghastsoldier_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kai_minion/charsetup/kai_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kat_minion/charsetup/kat_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/keira_minion/charsetup/keira_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kiya_minion/charsetup/kiya_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kuma_minion/charsetup/kuma_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/littlesister_minion/charsetup/littlesister_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/monkey_minion/charsetup/monkey_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/murray_minion/charsetup/murray_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/nix_minion/charsetup/nix_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/pierre_minion/charsetup/pierre_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/pjberri_minion/charsetup/pjberri_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sackbot_minion/charsetup/sackbot_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sam_minion/charsetup/sam_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sully_minion/charsetup/sully_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/zeke_minion/charsetup/zeke_minion.sgpr

... But Carmelita doesnt appear on the minions list. She could be another female character, just a thought. Hmm....

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing she's on the sly stage, maybe electric shocking the characters before fighting with whatever the invasion is. There's already 3 stages where background characters from separate games fight it out in the background (Hades, Metropolos, and dojo).

I really hate that the OP puts it into peoples minds that minions are the stage characters and super characters. It just doesn't fit with the exactly one minion to each character concept. There's too many inclusions and exclusions to make that description of Minions just not make sense.

The minion list is most likely not complete.

It suppose to be like 30.

Where in the world would you hear that?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Carmelita would be another "Evil Cole case" if she was a character. Not that she wouldn't be welcomed =) But she's almost, undoubtedly, a minion.

But Sly already has a "minion" (Murray). Don't you guys find it at all suspicious that every character has exactly one minion.

Loudninja

I'm guessing she's on the sly stage, maybe electric shocking the characters before fighting with whatever the invasion is. There's already 3 stages where background characters from separate games fight it out in the background (Hades, Metropolos, and dojo).

I really hate that the OP puts it into peoples minds that minions are the stage characters and super characters. It just doesn't fit with the exactly one minion to each character concept. There's too many inclusions and exclusions to make that description of Minions just not make sense.

Where in the world would you hear that?

Cool, but where did you get that from? Didnt know about this.

Yeah. Carmelita would be another "Evil Cole case" if she was a character. Not that she wouldn't be welcomed =) But she's almost, undoubtedly, a minion.
This came out before the leak
20+ Playable characters, 30+ environmental characters and 14 environments. More characters are to be announced, so stand by to see if you favourite is up next!
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PS3/All-Stars-Battle-Royale/19841075/

They got the number of stages right.

Top Bottom