• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

bakedpony

Now that I think about it, that may have just been random text along with stuff like "Clue Bottles" and "Adam"... we don't have any context for it. There may very well not be a LAN mode, hahah.

One of Buzz's questions involve the Clue Bottles. Which item opens up the vaults in Sly's games

k_Reign

How does LAN play work on a PS3 anyways?
I'm sorry if that's a really dumb question haha I'm just a wee little junior member

So I had a really smartass reply that actually had what I thought was the answer, but after looking it up, apparently they can connect wirelessly?

This is the future

Hmm, good question. I guess you link the together through with Ethernet cables? I really have no idea.

Edit - Here is some info on how to do it.

Totally what I thought, too. But apparently PS3s on the same WLAN can be connected together and played together in games with LAN modes.

TheMink

I cant even begin to imagine what kind of strategies are gonna emerge in 2v2

And they can connect wirelessly and still be LAN? What is this debauchery?
huh. That's actually kinda cool

All LAN means is Local Area Network, perhaps LAN refers to playing locally with vita players.
Which would be awesome for a large group with a small tv

Ploid 3.0

Lan would be good for local tournaments, but since all the characters stay on the screen anyway tournaments would still only need one ps3 per match.

Yeah PS3 + PSV would be a nice use of the wireless thing.

Mr. Fix

So many combos....Super setups....double taunts....

oh man the possibilities

Just keep in mind that doing 2 full combo's (1 for each partner) probably won't be possible. They'll flip out of it early. What's good is that it helps build meter for each player, and you get double the chance at doing a team combo, while volleying the opponent. But yeah, the set-ups!

btkadams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

Cross play between PS3 and Vita was already confirmed at E3. I don't think they can take that feature out now. :
Yeah, the LAN comment must be referring to cross-play, which means that website was completely bullshitting. They wouldn't pull something that was shown to be working 100% at e3... If the LAN comment was referring to just hooking up ps3s, well, it's still bullshit because that doesn't make sense for this game, and that ability would be seemingly identical to the already working cross-play anyways.

I still hope polygon man is the boss though. He looks pretty cool.

SSReborn

Their source is bull why would they remove character trial modes that makes no sense. I don't even see a benefit to that this game already has enough DLC potential as it is.

Lol. Sony wants Alex Mercer? Yeah way out of touch on who we want in the game. Just give us some of your first party characters like Dart. It would be a total mind fuck if they added the Crime Crackers cast.

Sony have commented on the leaks (finally):

SCEE Blog said:
In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however, we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product, nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at gamescom in a couple of weeks.

k_Reign

So how exactly is Dino, whose from a game that hasn't even come out yet, representative of the history of PlayStation?

I'm fairly certain he falls in "representative of Playstation's Past, Present, and Future". We've had this argument numerous times and there's nothing anyone here can do about his inclusion.

He isn't, and he really shouldn't be in.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking it. This game is starting to feel like more and more like a giant marketing plug.

I'm fairly certain he falls in "representative of Playstation's Past, Present, and Future". We've had this argument numerous times and there's nothing anyone here can do about his inclusion.

So a multi-plat character from a game that may just end up as a one-time spin off is "representative of Playstation's past, present, and future"? That's rather sad. Sony can do much better than that.

Happy Sir Daniel made it in at least. Hopefully this mean there might be a new Medi-Evil one day.

StuBurns

Banned
'Dino', to the rest of the world is just the new Dante, a character who without question was a seminal part of the PlayStation 2, and should be represented.

Sure, it'd be nicer to have the older looking Dante, but this is the direction Sony or (more likely) Capcom favored. At least Devil May Cry is in, a lot of key franchises aren't making it at all.

'Dino', to the rest of the world is just the new Dante, a character who without question was a seminal part of the PlayStation 2, and should be represented.

Sure, it'd be nicer to have the older looking Dante, but this is the direction Sony or (more likely) Capcom favored. At least Devil May Cry is in, a lot of key franchises aren't making it at all.

This isn't a dmc thread so I won't get too deep into this, but I've been asked about a million times at gamestop and friends who aren't that into games who the new guy is in dmc. Not exactly representative of anything.

Interesting to see them comment on the leak, as Sony usually takes the "we don't comment on leaks, etc." route.

Possibly so that the game won't lose steam (more to look forward to, "not representative of final product") and the character reveals will still promote the game (even though they are essentially known).

SykoTech

So it's confirmed then.

All in all, I'm alright with it. Especially since it's not all of the content in the game. There's still a lot left to be desired (Kat and Crash in particular), but none of the confirmed choices bother me.

I just hope Evil Cole is really unique if he is indeed taking up a whole character slot.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Apparently not, as PG said there are more than 20 characters.

Alright, so there's supposedly more. I think we still have the freedom to be picky about characters that make it into the game. Besides some obvious choices, the roster is sorely lacking.

Top Bottom