• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PSASBR leaks lead to recent SCEA PR firing [Up: Fabricated report. Not true.]

Tagg9

asIgJ.jpg

Sony just paid Paul $100 for this tweet.

Takao

Banned
There certainly was a botched reveal for Raiden. Just look at the other third party characters:

June 4, 2012 - Big Daddy was revealed at Sony's E3 press conference.

July 6, 2012 - Heihachi was revealed at Superbot's panel at Evo.

July 27, 2012 - Huge beta leak revealing the rest of the roster including Dante, and Raiden.

August 2, 2012 - Superbot president confirms the leaks to be real.

August 14, 2012 - Dante is revealed at Sony's Gamescom press conference.

August 29, 2012 - Raiden is revealed initially through the error of Gamespot posting a developer walk through early, but confirmed by Superbot at the PAX show floor (they had no panel). There is no all encompassing trailer for this reveal as there had been with the other major reveals. Coincidentally this is one day before Kojima Production's Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Presentation in Japan.

September 13, 2012 - Video released (likely filmed a while before) shows both Konami producer Yuji Korekado, and Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inabu unimpressed with the character leak.

September 19, 2012 - Sony's TGS press conference becomes the first industry trade show without a new character reveal. However, it did receive an all-encompassing trailer.

August 29, 2012 - Raiden is revealed initially through the error of Gamespot posting a developer walk through early, but confirmed by Superbot at the PAX show floor (they had no panel). There is no all encompassing trailer for this reveal as there had been with the other major reveals. Coincidentally this is one day before Kojima Production's Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Presentation in Japan.

September 13, 2012 - Video released (likely filmed a while before) shows both Konami producer Yuji Korekado, and Platinum Games producer Atsushi Inabu unimpressed with the character leak.

This lines up exactly with what I've been told: that the initial reveal was meant for KojiPro's 25th Anniversary Presentation.

Drencrom

This lines up exactly with what I've been told: that the initial reveal was meant for KojiPro's 25th Anniversary Presentation.

Well it's pretty obvious where they planned to reveal their characters (before the beta leak ruined it all). But the whole deal with SCEJ urging SCEA to fire off the PR team and Superbot to start making "DLC characthers from the false leaks" and Paul Gale being paid off to make shit up just seems crazy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well the whole bribe thing will never be confirmed one way or another, but Paul Gale has already been confirmed to be full of it bribe or not.

You don't need a leak to know Cole, Ratchet, and Jax and Daxter are going to be in the game, he seemed to be wrong when the weaponry he used for the metal gear leak pointed to solid snake (and this was after David Hayter was twitter leaked to be in the game), and he's been confirmed to be wrong about his obvious 22+ roster hints.

Everything else has been so obtuse that pretty much anything or nothing could come out of it.

Takao

Banned
Well it's pretty obvious where they planned to reveal their the characters (before the beta leak ruined it all). But the whole deal with SCEJ urging SCEA to fire off the PR team and Superbot to start making "DLC characthers from the false leaks" and Paul Gale being paid off to make shit up just seems crazy.

If Konami were displeased with the way Raiden was revealed, and they seemed to be displeased with the way Raiden was revealed the division of SCE to hear their grievances is going to be SCEJ. I don't know about Paul Galegate though.

lupinko is a legit leaker. The problem that people have with lupinko was the puzzles he came up with that drove the umvc3 community crazy.

I still remember the Jubilee hype train for umvc3 =(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He got paid to leak info? lol. Sad about the layoffs.
Apparently its not true.

This is how the interwebz works:
Random internet user #1456874456: KAZ HIRAI IS DEAD!
Kaz Hirai: No im not.
Internet: DAMAGE CONTROL!! KAZ IS DEAD!

I don't, but I don't follow fighting games. Unless it's EVO. Then I care
But do you play them?

JABEE

I've always been suspicious of Gale. I'd like to see some more tangible evidence of Gale being paid by SCEA.

The rest of the story makes sense when you see the comments platinum made. Sony punishing the PR team in the SCEA makes sense too. They appeared to screw over both Kojima and the Platinum team. Kojima is a powerful friend of Sony.

It could all be the source putting these clues together and coming up with a story by filling in the timeline. I wish we could have proof of the person leaking this information's employment or contract work with Sony as well as other supporting evidence. I won't dismiss this story because SuperBot and its employees deny it. They have a vested interest in keeping this under wraps because controversy such as this would almost certainly influence the critical reaction to the game. We shall see.

Top Bottom