• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS launches June 16

LordKano

1uZMO2w.png

The translation really sheds some light on the lore.

Exoskeleton of the homebrew ? wat

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Exoskeleton of the homebrew ? wat

It's a metaphor for alcoholism.

I've been trapped in the exoskeleton of the homebrew for years.

EDIT: Disregard the two posts below. Wayyyy off base.

"Brainless" from the damage caused by the alcohol. "Belly girl" is a reference to the stomach distension many alcoholics suffer from. "Exoskeleton of the homebrew" just speaks for itself.

ggx2ac

I think people are wondering whether a game based almost entirely on keeping distance and moving side-to-side can be exciting to look at.

In another timeline, ARMS becomes the Mario Kart team's take on the Tennis genre.

They decide to call it:
BALLS

GCX

Man, I'm surprised anyone has even seen this lol
Future Boy Conan is a cult classic in many parts of the world where it aired back in the day.

And of course being a Hayao Miyazaki show has given it a lot of retrospect recognition.

SalvaPot

15 think everyone outside of Mummy whose age is unstated are teenagers.

Spring Man is 20 and Ninjara is 21, Ribbon Girl is 17 and Min Min is 18.

So mostly youths, yes. I am actualyl very interested in Master Mummy's lore. Why is he a mummy? What is he a master of? Should he be fighting when he still has all those vendages after waking up in the hospital?

LordKano

I noticed something interesting while browsing pics, but it may be old news :

People were doubting that you could play the game in tabletop mode or in portable mode. It even shows the one joy-con control that the producer talked about a long time ago.

Oh and it seems like it will be playable locally. I don't know if it was already confirmed.

hatchx

Banned

People were doubting that you could play the game in tabletop mode or in portable mode. It even shows the one joy-con control that the producer talked about a long time ago.

That's awesome because I wasn't planning to pick up another pair of joy cons for awhile if ever.
I truly can't imagine how it works with a single joycon though.

LordKano

Stick - Move
SR - Curves to the right
SL - Curves to the left
A - Right punch
Y - Left punch
B - Jump
X - Guard
A+Y = Grab

I could see it working that way.

That's awesome because I wasn't planning to pick up another pair of joy cons for awhile if ever.
I truly can't imagine how it works with a single joycon though.
The producer said with one joy con it will be more limited. So maybe throwing a left or right arm will be to a face button. Like you won't be able to do in between punches or different angles.

Since when was a skin tight outfit in a mecha Overwatch patented. They're both pretty generic in that aspect even as far as video games are concerned.

Hahaha right? Plug suits like Eva. Little Mech like Gurren Lagann. People in spandex controlling Mechs is like as old as anime itself!

I want a Mechanica amiibo.
I like that they're sharing something new everyday.

They seem to be following the splatoon model which makes a public stress test more and more likely.

I have a feeling that they're copying Splatoon to a T here, and they haven't announced any ARMS amiibo because, like Splatoon, they're waiting to see how well it does. Splatoon didn't get amiibo at launch either, so I imagine if ARMS is successful they'll have an ARMS series ready to go a bit after launch, just like Splatoon.

Between this and Splatoon, Nintendo is really fucking nailing the art direction lately.
Amazing job, seriously.

Throw Fire Emblem Echoes into that list as well.

This will probably be the first competitive fighting game I will truly get into. This and Splatoon is going to keep me busy on the multiplayer level.

Well, Splatoon was my first online multiplayer shooter. Arms looks like it could have the same effect on me (take a genre I never cared for and make me care about)

Roo

Oh and it seems like it will be playable locally. I don't know if it was already confirmed.

For a split second I looked at the controllers supported and immediately saw the Wii U Gamepad instead of the Switch with the Joy Con attached and I was like "What the hellll" lol

It's going to be interesting to see how this game handles with a single Joy Con

random25

ARMS |OT| 🤔 Is 🤔 it 🤔 Really 🤔 EVO 🤔 if 🤔 it 🤔 doesn't 🤔 have 🤔 ARMS? 🤔

Top Bottom