• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

Dristan

Neo Member

Setmeni

So my wallet which had my wife and I’s cards were stolen and I did the in app contact to moviepass about replacing them and nothing has been said back to me since I asked 4 days ago. Is there a better way to contact them?

So my wallet which had my wife and I’s cards were stolen and I did the in app contact to moviepass about replacing them and nothing has been said back to me since I asked 4 days ago. Is there a better way to contact them?

Trying tweeting their CS team. They’re more responsive on there.

Hope they’re more helpful for you. They basically said “we can’t tell you the status of your card, but you should be receiving it soon!” when I told them it’s been nearly two months of waiting. Of course that’s the same message I’ve heard for over a month now.

2 months and going. When will this train stop?

Setmeni

Trying tweeting their CS team. They’re more responsive on there.

Hope they’re more helpful for you. They basically said “we can’t tell you the status of your card, but you should be receiving it soon!” when I told them it’s been nearly two months of waiting. Of course that’s the same message I’ve heard for over a month now.

2 months and going. When will this train stop?

Guess I’ll have to make a Twitter and try that, thanks!

ruffles

Signed up on 9/12 and got the card on Saturday. I've been using e-ticketing at SMG. I used the card to see Happy Death Day at my local Cinemark and was asked to sign in after they swiped my movie pass. Anyone else being asked to sign in?

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright, two things.

One, used Moviepass at a late showing at the AMC Metreon tonight. Their tickets can be a little on the expensive side so I was wondering if I would run into the issue many have talked about where the card would only pay up to $15, even though the ticket itself was nearly $16. Nope. It paid in full without a hitch!

Second, I haven't been inside the Metreon in a couple months and damn, they straight overhauled the whole theater since last I was inside. Everything was changed around and new. New reclining seating and I was at a normal 2D screen, not a fancy Dolby or IMAX. All new customer service center, drink area, new Dolby screen with a ceiling to floor screen OUTSIDE the theater showing off what's playing. Neat stuff. Can't wait to try out their IMAX again soon.

The Princess Bride is in theatres Oct. 15th and 18th and I want to see it. But it's a Fathom event so it won't show/be greyed out in the app?
I can only speak for myself, but I was able to go to The Princess Bride today using Movie Pass. In my case, Princess Bride did not appear at all in the app, so I reserved a seat for another movie in the app at the same exact showing (i.e. The Foreigner). I went to my local Cinemark 14, asked for a ticket for Princess Bride, swiped my MP card to "pay," and sure as shit it worked. Give it a go. Won't hurt to try. Worked for me.

I can only speak for myself, but I was able to go to The Princess Bride today using Movie Pass. In my case, Princess Bride did not appear at all in the app, so I reserved a seat for another movie in the app at the same exact showing (i.e. The Foreigner). I went to my local Cinemark 14, asked for a ticket for Princess Bride, swiped my MP card to "pay," and sure as shit it worked. Give it a go. Won't hurt to try. Worked for me.

You might get banned, if the Fathom event has a higher price than a regular showing. They’ll see the price discrepancy on their end for a movie at that particular theater.

A better way to go undected is to pay the difference in price. Pay in cash and then pay the rest with the MoviePass.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Signed up on 9/12 and got the card on Saturday. I've been using e-ticketing at SMG. I used the card to see Happy Death Day at my local Cinemark and was asked to sign in after they swiped my movie pass. Anyone else being asked to sign in?

No, but if it stops the bleeding from people who are buying tickets to movies they have no intention of watching just for points then it's fine by me.

Kitoro

Man... I've got 4 unanswered emails since the day this went live, and they've never responded to a single chat request for a manual check-in at my local Regal, which they still don't have movie times available in the app for, preventing me from checking in.

My girlfriend messaged them, and they immediately responded and checked her in, and yet I'm invisible to them by chat or email.

I really don't understand.

StillEdge

What I would personally do is get the ticket to The Foreigner from the kiosk and just ask to trade for the Princess Bride instead because the fathom might be cheaper/more expensive and will flag your account assuming you are buying popcorn or something else with it. The information they get from the card can only be the price they aren’t itemized receipts so with your ticket costing different amounts they might think something is up.

You might get banned, if the Fathom event has a higher price than a regular showing. They'll see the price discrepancy on their end for a movie at that particular theater.

A better way to go undected is to pay the difference in price. Pay in cash and then pay the rest with the MoviePass.
Just double checked my local Cinemark 14 website, and either way, it's the same price of $7.25 for a matinee movie ticket, which it what I paid for as I went to the 2 PM PT showing for Princess Bride.

That being said, I'm gonna air on the side of caution in the future, and not repeat that method in the future.

What I would personally do is get the ticket to The Foreigner from the kiosk and just ask to trade for the Princess Bride instead because the fathom might be cheaper/more expensive and will flag your account assuming you are buying popcorn or something else with it. The information they get from the card can only be the price they aren't itemized receipts so with your ticket costing different amounts they might think something is up.
Actually, same price either way at my local Cinemark 14 (just double checked on the website), but regardless, I'll just be safe, and do that instead in the future.

Amiibro

just got my card in the mail today, but the app has never changed from "card processing" when I click on Cards.

Anyone else have this happen? Should I just try to check in at the movie theater and then purchase a ticket on that card and hope it works?

exemp30

just got my card in the mail today, but the app has never changed from "card processing" when I click on Cards.

Anyone else have this happen? Should I just try to check in at the movie theater and then purchase a ticket on that card and hope it works?
I just went ahead and checked in to activate the card and i had the same thing.

Arthos

I ordered mine last Tuesday and just got mine in the mail. I was expecting it to takes weeks, but it only took exactly a week.

fr0st

Banned
Man it's bs if they haven't gotten people who ordered in August their cards.

Mine only took 2 weeks and I kinda feel bad since others have ordered earlier and still haven't got theirs.

I had the same thing but didn't want to risk that, so I uninstalled the app and redownloaded it, and just entered the card number.

IMACOMPUTA

Saw IT with my card. First time using it. Extremely painless and simple. Fucking awesome! I might go to movies by myself for the first time. Being that it's free I won't feel like I need to make a "thing" out of it and can just go when I'm bored and have free time.

kirblar

Just got two refunds processed for when the ticketing system wasn't working for Alamo. Strongly recommend hitting up their CS team on twitter for this. They're slow but it works.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There should have been a notice for Tokyo Ghoul that said "Warning: Do not view this film unless you subscribe to Crunchyroll.".

So, I got my card in and everything. It says on the app card processing. I want to use it today for Blade Runner. Can I just go in and use it at the kiosk still even though it says processing?

shandy706

Why not...I've been in and out of this thread enough. Just one movie a month and this thing would save me money already.

Not a big "theater" person, but I figure this would get me into Star Wars for cheap...and I like to watch SW 2-3 times while it's in the theater.

Kibbles

Not a good first experience. Selected the showtime and it said it was good to go, tried using it at the kiosk and card was declined. Tried it a couple times and made myself look like a fool so thanks for that movie pass.

BorganXI

Used my card to watch Happy Death Day and Blade Runner 2049 at AMC this week. No problems using it, but the ticket people say I can't use my stubs reward card when using movie pass.

Gonna use this a lot !

Doodis

Saw IT with my card. First time using it. Extremely painless and simple. Fucking awesome! I might go to movies by myself for the first time. Being that it's free I won't feel like I need to make a "thing" out of it and can just go when I'm bored and have free time.

I see movies by myself all the time. I just go at times when the theaters aren’t busy. Sunday mornings, usually. There are normally other guys in there alone as well.

Started using my card this week. Have seen three movies and am going to another in a bit. Pretty great.

zelas

Used my card to watch Happy Death Day and Blade Runner 2049 at AMC this week. No problems using it, but the ticket people say I can't use my stubs reward card when using movie pass.

Gonna use this a lot !
Screw them. Get your receipt and add rewards later. Or use a kiosk to purchase tickets. You can use your reward card or email there.

Not a good first experience. Selected the showtime and it said it was good to go, tried using it at the kiosk and card was declined. Tried it a couple times and made myself look like a fool so thanks for that movie pass.

Sounds like your card hasn't been properly activated. Sucks that happened to you.

Sean

Banned
Is there a limit to number of AMC stubs rewards point you can have?

I'm at almost 90k AMC Stubs points ($90) and with the two movies I plan to see this weekend I should surpass 100k I think. The 2x bonus awards promo they're doing right now (thru 10/31) along with the usual 1k bonus for seeing movies on their opening night makes it very easy to earn points.

I'll let you know if I get capped at 100k, I'm guessing not, I think any unused points just expire after a certain amount of months.

Signed up August 15th, still nothing. I got an email three weeks ago saying my card had shipped, still nothing. Email support gives a canned answer to the question “where is my card,” but really, where the fuck is my card

GrapeApes

Finally got to use mines. Already 76% on the way to paying for itself. MoviePass def going to go broke. I think they don't realize how much free time people have. Need to start look at rewards since I'll be watching movies more often. The wait sucks ass but y'all will be glad when the card comes in.

BorganXI

Signed up August 15th, still nothing. I got an email three weeks ago saying my card had shipped, still nothing. Email support gives a canned answer to the question “where is my card,” but really, where the fuck is my card

I got my card the next day after I was sent the email stating it was on the way. The card however, comes in a very plain, junk mail looking like white envelope. Nothing on it states it was from movie pass. I could have easily thrown it out if i didn't actually open it

kaskade

So there’s no issues seeing the same movie twice right? I remember in the very beginning there was a little confusion on that, I haven’t really cared to see a movie twice until BR 2049. I saw it this past weekend with my girlfriend and I’ll probably end up going with my dad sometime next week.

So there's no issues seeing the same movie twice right? I remember in the very beginning there was a little confusion on that, I haven't really cared to see a movie twice until BR 2049. I saw it this past weekend with my girlfriend and I'll probably end up going with my dad sometime next week.

Zero problems, I saw Blade Runner like 4 times with my moviepass. It used to be against their ToS pre August 2017 but when they switched to $9.95/mo they also removed things like requiring you to take pics of your ticket and email it to them and restrictions on how many times you can see a movie.

They also partnered up this week with Fandor (?) and are sending out links that let you sign up for that movies at home streaming service, I assume its like netflix but the signup price seems to be $2/mo.

The card time just seems to be all over the place, I've seen people get it 5 days after ordering this month, I ordered one for my mom in early Oct and she just got a shipping notice this week.

Jetman

Had this happen to me the first time I used mine. Exited out of the app/reset it, checked in again in front of the teller, went through, and has worked fine ever since.

If the showtime in the app is red then it works. Blade Runner 2049 2D IMAX is currently red at the IMAX closest to me.

You guys sure about this? I ask because in the not-so-fine print on the documentation, it explicitly says that if you use your MoviePass for an IMAX screening, your account could be subject to termination.

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001124111-Are-there-any-restrictions-
Your $9.95 unlimited MoviePass subscription allows you to see one standard 2D movie every calendar day at any participating theater. We currently do not support (in part or entirety) any enhanced or special screenings that involve an upcharge at the theater. Examples of these would include 3D, IMAX, Fathom Events, DBOX, ETX/RPX, film festival screenings, etc.

Your MoviePass card can only be used to purchase a ticket to the screening listed on your check-in. Using your card to purchase a different ticket is against our terms & conditions, which can result in your account cancellation.

So I mean, YMMV I guess? I too saw the red line on my local IMAX films, but steered clear because of this FAQ.

Top Bottom