• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Manu

Probably for the best. If you didn't enjoy Yahargul and what came after it didn't interest you I don't see why you'd feel different about the DLC.

Especially since everything seems to point it's significantly harder than the base game.

The hours draws near my fellow confederates
Bloodborne2015112316.png

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Question in preparation of the DLC: I'm going for a pure quality build here. How does 45/25/40/40/5/15 sounds? Think I'll get some good mileage out of most of the new gear?

Silvard

Thanks everyone, I'll probably skip the dlc.
"weakling" "sell game" etc.

What exactly were you expecting? It's hard for anyone to recommend you to buy more of a game you've expressed no interest in playing. It's more Bloodborne, just like the endgame of Bloodborne is.

tariniel

I'm beyond ready! I think I'll play through on my first character, who's level 90ish Str based with the holy sword. I have a second character around level 40 that I was planning to do it with instead, but since I've read it's supposed to be quite hard I'll go in on the higher level character first.

Can't wait to try out some of the new weapons. I hope the lore is really good too, I'm really looking forward to watching ENB's play-through of the DLC as well. He's very entertaining.

dock

What exactly were you expecting? It's hard for anyone to recommend you to buy more of a game you've expressed no interest in playing. It's more Bloodborne, just like the endgame of Bloodborne is.

I was genuinely expressing thanks, it was helpful.
I didn't mean for it to come across as sarcastic. Sorry about that.

Some games have DLC which stands alongside the main game, and is fun for players unable to make it past sticking points.

Tevren

I was kinda on the fence, being as i never finished Bloodborne to begin with. Then i watched that Quick Look, and i'm pretty sure I'm going to buy this tomorrow. I want to dive back in, and to finish the fight.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So I didn't see this on the PS4 PSN store. And purchasing through the web store only gives me a "download error" at checkout. The hell?

Afrodium

Banned
Damn, that Eurogamer review is glowing. I probably won't be picking this up ASAP because I'm still knee-deep in Fallout but I'm glad to know this expansion meets expectations. Glad to hear it's plenty hard. I was worried that it being available early meant it was going to be lower level content. Any word on the suggested level? I've got a game in progress that just finished off Rom, so I'm hoping that character is at a good spot.

Damn, that Eurogamer review is glowing. I probably won't be picking this up ASAP because I'm still knee-deep in Fallout but I'm glad to know this expansion meets expectations. Glad to hear it's plenty hard. I was worried that it being available early meant it was going to be lower level content. Any word on the suggested level? I've got a game in progress that just finished off Rom, so I'm hoping that character is at a good spot.
I keep seeing level 65 if you are on ng.

Whoyouare

Maybe this has already been answered. I am at the last boss, as in the one you need the umbilical cords for. Will I still be able to access the DLC right away or will I have to roll over to new game++?

If the enemies deal damage similar depth 5 chalices that would be fantastic because I still get fucked up at level 182 in Fetid/Rotted depth 5 chalices.

Laws00

My guy is at a really high level (due to pebble glitch)

Im wondering if i do a co op with an NPC will i get a vermin?

Or has/does anybody know where i can get vermin in the chalice dungeon?

The locations and, especially, the boss fights here maintain Bloodborne's incredibly high standards, and manage that magical trick of somehow enhancing the original world at the same time. The best pieces of DLC I have played are Artorias of the Abyss and, now, The Old Hunters - From Software's approach to additional content is a lesson to every other developer out there. This may be the end for Bloodborne. But what a game, and what a way to go.

dat eurogamer review mmmmmmfmggm

pixxxelz

My guy is at a really high level (due to pebble glitch)

Im wondering if i do a co op with an NPC will i get a vermin?

Or has/does anybody know where i can get vermin in the chalice dungeon?

you get a vermin if you get summoned, the summoner doesn't get any.

pixxxelz

Man........ :(

I heard someone said they got one in a chalice dungeon. But they got it through co op killing something.

you can still coop with someone if you use a password, if you want one you can help me kill rom, wasn't gonna kill him until after the dlc but meh.

we can use the gaf password

Tetra-9

Super excited for more Bloodborne, we're so close now!

does anyone know if I can jump into the dlc in my NG+ if have I just beat the boss at the access point? I'm really hoping I won't have to start over or play through it again just to get into the dlc

wiibomb

I suppose no one has uploaded the OST yet? I have been with the trailer song stuck on my head and I need to hear it complete

DrDogg

I just want to know if it'll be hard enough for my Level 120 character in NG+++, I really don't want to make a new character but I want to keep the challenge :/

It looks like Brad is lvl 127 in this quicklook. I assume NG+ as well? It doesn't seem too bad at that level. Just to give folks an idea of difficulty at the beginning of the DLC.

Patrick tried it at lvl 80 in NG+ and said it was super hard. http://kotaku.com/bloodbornes-the-old-hunters-dlc-will-kick-your-ass-1743851464

I started the DLC on NG+ at level 96. Sony recommends level 65 for DLC in a normal game so I figured 96 would be fine for NG+. It wasn't super difficult until I hit the first boss. Even with an NPC helper, fighting that boss at level 96 was harder than any boss I fought in the normal game. I'd recommend roughly level 115 or so for NG+ DLC.

Silvard

I was genuinely expressing thanks, it was helpful.
I didn't mean for it to come across as sarcastic. Sorry about that.

Some games have DLC which stands alongside the main game, and is fun for players unable to make it past sticking points.

Out of curiosity, do you really have no interest in finishing Bloodborne at all or is it more of a case of burning out because you are stuck at that point? Because if it's the latter then I'm willing to hop on and help if you're having trouble.

malcher

Maybe this has already been answered. I am at the last boss, as in the one you need the umbilical cords for. Will I still be able to access the DLC right away or will I have to roll over to new game++?

This +1. Can anyone answer? Thanks in advance!

gogosox82

Nevertheless, let me restate the question, rather than field insults from rude people.

Is there anything in The Old Hunters that is worth playing for players that have no interest in playing the end game of Bloodborne?

Its a totally new area with new bosses, weapons, etc but its supposed to be quite hard. The hardest content in the game in fact. If that doesn't interest you, then no, do not buy it.

Top Bottom