• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

When does it go up in Europe? Can I get it at midnight?

Midnight local time it seems. Atleast psn store countdown for me shows 3 hours atm.

edit.

I'll keep working on my char while waiting til midnight, I guess. Staring at the countdown screen hoping that time would speed up got old after a few hours.

What's the highest level you guys think I can still get jolly co-operation reliably? After I hit 50/30/50/50 I've been putting points into BLT/ARK just because and now I'm at 150-ish, I could keep going for a full 50 for damage stats but I don't want to kill my chances of finding people.

Really wish it worked like DS2... sigh.

Well I would assume there are lot of people with lvl150 characters going in the DLC. Also if you use password it ignores your lvl totally and scales it down to hosts level.

Arjen

Midnight local time it seems. Atleast psn store countdown for me shows 3 hours atm.

edit.

Well I would assume there are lot of people with lvl150 characters going in the DLC. Also if you use password it ignores your lvl totally and scales it down to hosts level.

Sweeeeeeeeet. Thanks.

Skii

Gamespot absolutely ruined one of the bosses and weapon with their fucking stupid youtube uploads. Why would you even put the names in the title? Absolutely livid. Don't know why I even bother trying to go into stuff blind anymore.

Glorius. WE READY
11420803_1521682111477439_915627558_n.jpg

I died, I will try cosplay my cat like t....YOU ARE DEAD, again

Mendrox

It's a valid question though. I don't think dark souls 2 has a new game plus scaling for dlc at all. I could be wrong though. Glad to hear I can jump in with my ng+ character and have a challenge.

No it is not valid cause in every Souls game everything always scales with your NG level. Yes also the Dark Souls 2 DLC of course...

Also holy shit at one boss being (no real spoiler, just what he reminds me of)
Artorias on crack
Looks totaly crazy urgs...

Soulhouf

Do we know when exactly the DLC is going live? I pre-ordered it but I can't find the usual timer.

I can't wait. I just can't wait!

Edit: derp. Just found it!

No matter how close level wise you are? I'm about 3 or 4 ahead of my brother, I didn't think it scaled unless there was a massive difference.

In preparation of the DLC, anyone to help grind 6 vermins now? (5 to use for covenant and one to keep in inventory)
We could do an easy chalice dungeon or two just for that, and I'd help to do the same if you want.

Either we use the official neogaf password for matching or one we decide.
Feel free to PM me if you want to help me, and want me to help you in return.

(this has also been posted to the community thread FYI)

mekes

Well, tonight I create the character of all characters. Cant wait for the DLC, couldn't help but watch the available spoilers... It looks amazing!

I beat the game when it came out, but I'm totally up for a second round with the DLC, especially since I (original bloodborne spoilers)
accepted gehrman's offer and completely missed the upper cathedral
in my first playthrough.

Should I start my new game with a strength or skill based character? Strength gets me my precious kirkhammer, and I get to play with the awesome looking (dlc weapon spoilers)
whirligig saw and boom hammer
. I can also go for skill this time around and see what the blades of mercy and shikage are all about, as well as the
beasthunter saif, simon's bowblade and rakuyo

jjonez18

Do we know when exactly the DLC is going live? I pre-ordered it but I can't find the usual timer.

I can't wait. I just can't wait!

Edit: derp. Just found it!

Go to the Bloodborne icon on the XMB. Then scroll down to the "Related Items". If you've pre-ordered it should show the timer. Mine is at 9:35 and it's killing me.

Edit: There you go :D

I guess I'll stick with my lvl 220 main. At least to get all the weapons and Hunter tools. Unless I'm one shotting everything. Then my backup Vash The Stampede will get to gun everything down.

myco666

No matter how close level wise you are? I'm about 3 or 4 ahead of my brother, I didn't think it scaled unless there was a massive difference.

If you are outside of the summoning range which is calculated with (10 + (summonerslvl)*0,10). So if you are 3-4 levels apart your level won't be scaled.

So I was playing chalice dungeons and came across npcs with two dlc weapons I never saw in action yet, and holy shieeet I cant wait.

The weapon
amygdala arm is like a badass whip scythe in its alternate form :O

myco666

I beat the game when it came out, but I'm totally up for a second round with the DLC, especially since I (original bloodborne spoilers)
in my first playthrough.

Should I start my new game with a strength or skill based character? Strength gets me my precious kirkhammer, and I get to play with the awesome looking (dlc weapon spoilers)
. I can also go for skill this time around and see what the blades of mercy and shikage are all about, as well as the

Keep in mind that skill characters get way higher Visceral damage. My pure Strength character with base Skill does around 1400-1500 with Viscerals while pure Skill character does around 2400. I still prefer Strength weapons and builds though.

Kalentan

Really hope I can use the Moonlight sword... Does anyone have any idea of the stats it requires? Might try and raise those before the release.

Keep in mind that skill characters get way higher Visceral damage. My pure Strength character with base Skill does around 1400-1500 with Viscerals while pure Skill character does around 2400. I still prefer Strength weapons and builds though.
Funny enough I'm the complete opposite. I might go skill/strength for my next character for the pizza cutter, but I love the skill weapons and visceral damage boost.

Really hope I can use the Moonlight sword... Does anyone have any idea of the stats it requires? Might try and raise those before the release.

Moonlight Sword uses Arcane.

in my first playthrough.

DLC weapons requires low stats, around 15-20

Do we know if there's some pure BT weapon?

Or at least skill/BT weapon?

I have 3 characters to go to the DLC, but I planned top use my Chikage build one.

myco666

Funny enough I'm the complete opposite. I might go skill/strength for my next character for the pizza cutter, but I love the skill weapons and visceral damage boost.

I love Visceral damage boost also but I think it is bullshit to give it to one build while others dont get anything similiar. Skill builds are by far the best builds in the game and if you also bumb BT you destroy everything with ease.

Doesn't skill give you more strength than strength does or am I crazy?

Skill gives you 1 extra point of damage on your R1, Strenght gives you 1 extra point of damage on R2, both stats inscrease your physical damage.

Visceral attacks scales with both stats but scales better with Skill

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The world-state advancing to nighttime is the trigger. This happens when you kill Vicar Amelia and inspect the skull on her altar to watch a cutscene that gives you the password to the Forbidden Woods.

If it's nighttime in your gameworld, or you've triggered the blood moon, you'll find an item in the Hunter's Dream. Once you have that item, go to Oedon Chapel and get grabbed by the Amygdala.

Thanks so much! Seems a bit more straightforward than the Dark Souls DLC.

HORRORSHØW

Do we know if there's some pure BT weapon?

Or at least skill/BT weapon?

I have 3 characters to go to the DLC, but I planned top use my Chikage build one.

there is one weapon that is specifically bloodtinge/skill.

my main is also a chikage build (SL200+).
--
most weapons are str/skill

i have an arcane build too but don't really like how he looks lol

I love Visceral damage boost also but I think it is bullshit to give it to one build while others dont get anything similiar. Skill builds are by far the best builds in the game and if you also bumb BT you destroy everything with ease.
My NG++ character has 35 str, 50 vit, 50 skill and 50 bloodtinge. Tore through the first two bosses in the game and still managed to almost one shot most of the enemies. +10 cane and chikage is probably the best balanced weapons combo for base game.

Grimløck;186512912 said:
there is one weapon that is specifically bloodtinge/skill.

my main is also a chikage build (SL200+).
--
most weapons are str/skill

i have an arcane build too but don't really like how he looks lol

Welp, I might use my skill character...

myco666

My NG++ character has 35 str, 50 vit, 50 skill and 50 bloodtinge. Tore through the first two bosses in the game and still managed to almost one shot most of the enemies. +10 cane and chikage is probably the best balanced weapons combo for base game.

Pretty much yeah. Just add +10 RP and BMA and you are good to go.

duxstar

Skill weapons all have weaknesses and gl fighting chalice dungeon ebriatas when she NEVER gets visceraled. Also which weapon is so great, the threaded cane that doesn't stagger enemies, the blades of mercy that require you to go toe to toe with every boss and get up close, or the burial blade that isn't fast enough, or strong enough to deal enough damage quickly.

Also lets not forget that of the three skill weapons only the threaded cane can use fire/bolt paper.

The bloodtinge builds are insane, saw Someone take down ebriatas just by shooting her in the head with a pistol.

Pretty much yeah. Just add +10 RP and BMA and you are good to go.
I'd have to +10 the Evelyn since it's already +9. I know the DLC would still be a challenge with that character, but I'm thinking of using my level 74 skill/arcane character. +6 LHB with fire gems, +7 cane and BoM should be a pretty effective combo. Should still be able to use a new weapon or two I'm going to hope.

BeeDog

I spoiled myself on the new bosses, and without spoiling anything to you all, goddamn they look amazing. :O Seriously can't wait for the DLC to hit.

Skill weapons all have weaknesses and gl fighting chalice dungeon ebriatas when she NEVER gets visceraled. Also which weapon is so great, the threaded cane that doesn't stagger enemies, the blades of mercy that require you to go toe to toe with every boss and get up close, or the burial blade that isn't fast enough, or strong enough to deal enough damage quickly.

Also lets not forget that of the three skill weapons only the threaded cane can use fire/bolt paper.

The bloodtinge builds are insane, saw Someone take down ebriatas just by shooting her in the head with a pistol.

Well Ebrietas is weak against BT damage, if not mistaken, he probably can't do that with most bosses.

Also I viscerated a couple of times Ebrietas with my skill caharacter with BoM.

dmr87

I spoiled myself on the new bosses, and without spoiling anything to you all, goddamn they look amazing. :O Seriously can't wait for the DLC to hit.

I've seen the trailer but stayed dark on everything else.

I'm prepared to die.

Floody

I forgot how much i love this game. What's an active boss to farm some Vermin at? Wanna level up The League and practice a bit.

Squishy3

Kinda hate that beating the game just spits you out in NG+ and since I haven't played since I beat the game getting to where I need to be for the DLC is considerably more difficult but at the same time just starting a new character is extremely unappealing to me. :/

Top Bottom