• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo is back, gets $12 million for new venture, recruiting 13 year old boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/milo-yiannopoulos-new-media-venture/amp

Milo Yiannopoulos, the former tech editor at Breitbart, has made political provocations, often deeply offensive ones, a business model. But his career seemed to come crashing down in recent months when one of his speaking appearances, at the University of California, Berkeley, led to riots. Weeks later, videos emerged of Yiannopoulos seeming to condone pedophilia. (“I do not support pedophilia. Period. It is a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the very worst,” Yiannopoulos said in a statement on Facebook at the time.)

Yet his allies turned on him. Yiannopoulos was subsequently forced out of Breitbart in disgrace. The American Conservative Union disinvited him from CPAC, and Simon & Schuster canceled a six-figure book deal.

But as the free-speech conflagration he ignited at Berkeley continues to burn, Yiannopoulos is planning a way back in. Days after releasing a video touting his return to the campus, Yiannopoulos told the Hive that he would be launching a new media venture in the coming weeks with what he says is a $12 million investment from backers whose identities he is protecting. (Yiannopoulos showed me a page from the contract with the investors' names blacked out.) Another person involved with the company, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, was similarly secretive: "Milo has the best instincts about these things," he said.

The business, which will be called Milo Inc., will be even more focused on stoking the sort of ugly political conflict that's closer to the surface than ever in these early months of the Trump administration. As Fox News remains busy with its latest scandal, Milo Inc. promises to be the latest incumbent in a growing far-right media sphere that is overwhelmingly populated with politically incorrect, and often jarring, provocations once considered verboten by conservatives. Yiannopolos will compete not only against sites such as TheBlaze and Alex Jones's Infowars but also against his very own former employer, Breitbart, which has become a formidable force in the space after its former chairman, Steve Bannon, helped usher Trump to victory and later joined his administration. Yiannopoulos, for his part, is relying on a formula that he employed at Breitbart. He said that Milo Inc. would be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”

Initially, Yiannopolos will be the company's main talent. “I’m the proof of concept,” he said, but added that he hoped to eventually expand the company. “The thing about me is that I have access to a talent pipeline that no one else even knows about. All the funniest, smartest, most interesting young YouTubers and all the rest of them who hate feminism, who hate political correctness. This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I’m going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo.”

Welp

Giolon

Anyone who thought his Breitbart firing was going to be the end of him was naïve.

I can't see this venture ending well.

PSqueak

Banned
I thought i had clicked the Gaming forum and went like "oh Microsoft is bringing back that fake tech demo?", realizing i had clicked OT was horrifying.

Lunar15

“making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”

You know, maybe instead of devoting your life to finding these "phonies" and unmasking them... why not actually find people you think are real victims and help them instead?

That bolded line sounds like Tobias with the wording. Jeez.

tumblr_mlx7j1nym01rvnnvyo2_500.gif

Ponn

Banned
Not even trying to hide they are trying to brainwash and seduce new Nazi youth. Maybe people will start taking this shit and the shit going on with youtubers more seriously instead of just handwaiving it off. Doubt it, but we can hope.

Lunar15

The more I think about this, the irony is delicious: He rallies against what he calls "professional victims" but then considers himself a victim of something and rallies an entire cause behind it.

He's literally doing what he hates other people for doing.

linkboy

It's going to be tough as a parent keeping my son (who's 6) away from this shit as he grows up in a post Youtube world.

Milo can fuck right off.

Literally grooming kids for his nazi agenda. Disgusting.

If Youtube doesn't ban this kind of shit (since he talks about recruiting there, so will he also have a channel or people spreading his message there?), fuck Google forever.

This guy is a psychopath, plain and simple. Before the internet days he would just get punched in the face a few times, but now these kind of people have a reach of millions around the world.

It's going to be tough as a parent keeping my son (who's 6) away from this shit as he grows up in a post Youtube world.

Milo can fuck right off.
Seriously. I'm so glad I grew up in a time the internet was just spreading here and I mostly just browsed Star Wars websites and such. Sad to say it, but we need more control here, this stuff is getting beyond dangerous.

We should give him a national platform/venue (Because we all know that you must be given TV appearances, and interviews, and be provided adequate seating and venue for speaking engagements, it's all covered under the first amendmunt! ) where we can engage in discussion where "both sides" can make their case in a civil manner on whether or not some minorities deserve to exist (because these simply two differing opinions and both should be treated equally). His viewpoints will be eloquently torn apart and all of America will realize he's trash and he will fade away into obscurity (ignore the fact that not giving him a national platform basically fades him away.)

Just don't call him a Nazi, or refuse to provide venue and seating for his speeches because once you do that, you're just as bad.

If you want to punch him and Richard Sphincter in the face, you have my full support

jstripes

Banned
Oh, for fuck's sake.

The business, which will be called Milo Inc., will be even more focused on stoking the sort of ugly political conflict that's closer to the surface than ever in these early months of the Trump administration. As Fox News remains busy with its latest scandal, Milo Inc. promises to be the latest incumbent in a growing far-right media sphere that is overwhelmingly populated with politically incorrect, and often jarring, provocations once considered verboten by conservatives. Yiannopolos will compete not only against sites such as TheBlaze and Alex Jones's Infowars but also against his very own former employer, Breitbart, which has become a formidable force in the space after its former chairman, Steve Bannon, helped usher Trump to victory and later joined his administration. Yiannopoulos, for his part, is relying on a formula that he employed at Breitbart. He said that Milo Inc. would be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”
People who worship free speech are the best argument against free speech. "I'm going to be a complete and total asshole to all the decent people out there because it's fun and it's not illegal."

Lord Fagan

"Milo has the best instincts about these things," he said.

Yeah, I can tell the dude is doing his level best to avoid using the word "grooming" when describing his plans with his new interns.

Kayhan

"This generation that’s coming up, it’s about 13, 14, 15, now have very different politics than most other generations. They love us. They love me, and I’m going to be actively hunting around for the next Milo.”

That may be a poor choice of words all things considered.

Skinpop

why would you want to make the life of professors a living hell? the others kinda makes sense depending on how awful a human being you are but professors?

jstripes

Banned

Milo can fuck right off.

It's going to get to the point where you can't let your kids on the internet without constantly monitoring them. As it gets worse and worse, it's only a matter of time until the net becomes highly regulated, and all these alt-right fucks ruin it for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom