• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War Thunder |OT| Tanks, Planes And Automobiles

GodofWine

According to Reddit, there are some PSN store sales on War Thunder packs. I havent verified this as I am trapped at work.

Has anybody had issues with being able to control you elevators on ps4? I can go up just fine, but I cannot descend to save my life. It only happens when I'm going at higher speeds, and I'm fairly certain it didn't used to be this way.

Edit: I've tried recalibrating the controls before. I've got pitch axis set to the left stick for up and down, sensitivity set at 60%, no maximum or minimum values, dead zone set to 0, nonlinearity set to 1, mulitiplier at 1, Correction at 0.

HariKari

Has anybody had issues with being able to control you elevators on ps4? I can go up just fine, but I cannot descend to save my life. It only happens when I'm going at higher speeds, and I'm fairly certain it didn't used to be this way.

Each plane is different. Some are good at high speed, others completely lock up.

PSA to all PS4 players: please learn how to attack real ground targets. Tanks, pillboxes, cargo ships, landing craft. That sort of thing. Experienced players shed a tear every time they look up and see a low tier bomber popping away at the airfield or bases hopelessly.

Also, don't play chicken in head-on fights. You'll just end up ramming each other and nobody gets any credit.

Each plane is different. Some are good at high speed, others completely lock up.

PSA to all PS4 players: please learn how to attack real ground targets. Tanks, pillboxes, cargo ships, landing craft. That sort of thing. Experienced players shed a tear every time they look up and see a low tier bomber popping away at the airfield or bases hopelessly.

Also, don't play chicken in head-on fights. You'll just end up ramming each other and nobody gets any credit.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the planes can lock up at higher speed and that is expected. For me though, I'm completely prevented from pitching the plane down, but not up. I just thought it was bizarre because it does this with all the planes I have unlucked. I just figured I may have messed something up when I was mapping the buttons onto the DS4.

I go after tanks.

forms

PS4 player here, and I just had the strangest experience. Having recently purchased a mouse and keyboard for my media centre, I tried plugging them into the PS4 and fired up War Thunder. I haven't played it many times, since I prefer flight sims on the PC, and there I also play World of Tanks.

I had only tried the tank mode once previously, and I was horrified by the crap performance. So, today I started it once more, wanting to try mouse/keyboard and to see whether performance was better or not. As soon as I entered the game I just sighed loudly, since I was experiencing extremely low frame rate.

However, I happened to push a button bringing up a com rose, and once I had pressed escape to remove it performance was fine. Did I just happen to press at the exact time, or is this a some commonly known fact?

Edit: oh well, the controls seemingly rebound themselves to throttle on e and brake on q, and I can't seem to turn. Neither rebinding manually nor setting to pre configured mouse/keyboard seems to help. Oh well. :D

PS4 player here, and I just had the strangest experience. Having recently purchased a mouse and keyboard for my media centre, I tried plugging them into the PS4 and fired up War Thunder. I haven't played it many times, since I prefer flight sims on the PC, and there I also play World of Tanks.

I had only tried the tank mode once previously, and I was horrified by the crap performance. So, today I started it once more, wanting to try mouse/keyboard and to see whether performance was better or not. As soon as I entered the game I just sighed loudly, since I was experiencing extremely low frame rate.

However, I happened to push a button bringing up a com rose, and once I had pressed escape to remove it performance was fine. Did I just happen to press at the exact time, or is this a some commonly known fact?

Edit: oh well, the controls seemingly rebound themselves to throttle on e and brake on q, and I can't seem to turn. Neither rebinding manually nor setting to pre configured mouse/keyboard seems to help. Oh well. :D

I've found the frame rates on Ground Forces maps to be extremely erratic on PS4. The Jungle map is the worst by far, with all the foliage. I find that it casually goes away after maybe 30-60 seconds, though.

Wace

Grind missions for those crappy planes is ridiculous. If you value your enjoyment of the game, don't attempt the 125 wins.

After the tank missions were so reasonable, there is no reason for these to be so insane. The emphasis on winning just makes players hate each other.

Ridiculous? What will you say today? The only way to "guaranteed" (>50%) first place AND win is heavy bomber. For the next week there'll be no fighters in the air. :(

HariKari

Ridiculous? What will you say today? The only way to "guaranteed" (>50%) first place AND win is heavy bomber. For the next week there'll be no fighters in the air. :(

It's pretty clear the 'giveaways' are actually just there to condition players to value the golden currency more. Having to place first on the winning team 40 times in a row for a $10 plane is just stupid. It wouldn't nearly be as bad if the MM was good, or if an ace performance guaranteed your team a victory. Note that this means every other player in that session lost out on the mission. Who thought this was a good idea? PS4 users have absolutely no shot unless you use KB+Mouse or bomber spam.

As it stands, I can get 20+ kills in a round and still lose. I can get a dozen domination caps. I can kill thirty plus ground targets. I've lost in all of those scenarios. Those performances are so far from the mean that the average player really has no shot at completing these tasks.

I place regularly in the top 3 and even I find it ridiculous. It took me about 15 missions to complete one 10/10 top 3, and I found myself both rooting against teammates and doing all sorts of things that aren't really conducive to teamwork, like dogpiling into fights just for a shot at a kill.

And yeah, bomber rushes so far have been the easiest way to place top 3. A base or two plus bombing the airfield is pretty much a guaranteed top 3 finish. I had one game where I got two bases, a half dozen vehicles, and some airfield drops but a yer constantly suicide rushing their airfield with that massive payload beat me for #1 by a comfy margin.

It's just dumb, all the way round. Everything that is wrong with F2P.

d6h6O9W.png

Is this an error in the store or did I miss a patch for the game that enabled 3D? There is no mention on the store page for the game itself.

GodofWine

There are some attainable Golden Eagle challenges this weekend, just need 3 wins in the time frames listed at their website...I just got 100 GEs and I had no idea why...now I know.

So... I got home super late last night and War Thunder finished downloadin so I took it for a spin. Firstly, I really enjoyed the 3-4 battles I played. I haven't played a game like this in a long time and it's really fun to start out.

Are there some good online resources for starters? I really got lost with what planes I have and which on I'm using and the research and...everything. I thought I would be using the plane from the tutorial but the planes I have shoot way to slow and only fire for 10 seconds before needing a long reload. I did finish one research and get a new plane that had 4 MG but it still shot too slow for me.

It looks like there is a ton of options and items for planes so I'm looking forward to getting into this.

Are their groups or clans? I'm planing on spending most of this weekend playing.

About variety: is there only the 1 game type? Every match it was 'destroy ground vehicles". Is there just dogfighting?

Again, really enjoyed playing this on ps4 so I'm in.

Wace

Are there some good online resources for starters?

http://forum.warthunder.com/ - you can use your login/pass from the game and check the Academy for starters.
http://wiki.warthunder.com/

Are their groups or clans? I'm planing on spending most of this weekend playing.

There are squadrons (i.e. clans). You can check them from the game, usually they provide basic info, ground rules and requirements for applicants. Creating your own squadron requires spending real money.

About variety: is there only the 1 game type? Every match it was 'destroy ground vehicles". Is there just dogfighting?

Currently there are two types of game for planes in arcade.
Ground strike aka Team Deathmatch: destroy vehicles, bases and planes.
Domination aka Capture the Flag: capture and hold airfields while destroying vehicles and planes.

There's no way to choose what type of game (technically - what map) you'll be getting, it's random. Also some of the maps are available only at higher or lower level.

There are also special events with special rules, but they are usually for Realistic and Simulator fans, and playing them is pretty tough for PS4 users due to lack of proper control.

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you!

I played at 1am last night and I was amazed that 20k people were playing. The use the of the touchpad and cursor is interesting but I think I stay with a stick. Mouse support would be nice.

You mentioned special events and ps4 players, so I assume it's cross play with ps4 and pc?

I had been waiting to try this game out and it was really fun.

Wace

Thank you!

I played at 1am last night and I was amazed that 20k people were playing. The use the of the touchpad and cursor is interesting but I think I stay with a stick. Mouse support would be nice.

You mentioned special events and ps4 players, so I assume it's cross play with ps4 and pc?

I had been waiting to try this game out and it was really fun.

1am what timezone? :) There're always no less than 10k people playing, usually more. While playing from console you can choose any combination of four regional servers, but that doesn't really matter usually, since connection is pretty stable and lags are extremely rare regardless of server.

Mouse and keyboard are supported fully (check the options to enable). Game also supports different flightsticks, assuming PS4 is recognizing them.

Game is totally cross-play, most of the players you see are playing PC version.

1am what timezone? :) There're always no less than 10k people playing, usually more. While playing from console you can choose any combination of four regional servers, but that doesn't really matter usually, since connection is pretty stable and lags are extremely rare regardless of server.

Mouse and keyboard are supported fully (check the options to enable). Game also supports different flightsticks, assuming PS4 is recognizing them.

Game is totally cross-play, most of the players you see are playing PC version.

I'm in colorado so Mountain time zone.

Ok, I think I'm figuring this out. I cashed in most of my eagles, sped up research on a plane I wanted, upped the crew xp and this is already much better than the started plane.

In my 6-7 battle, I got 'Mission maker' for getting the first and last shot of the match. That seems like it would be very hard to do intentionally. It just sort of happened.

With the new armor inspector, three new maps (including an urban map), this is going to be a great update for people like me who mostly play Ground Forces. Hopefully they fix the hanger bug on the PS4 version this time.

komplanen

Bought a Roccat mouse bundle and it came with a code for some stupid free shit for this game. Not sure what it is or what it's worth but maybe it means something to you guys:

XP-38G Lightning Premium Plane
T-26 Light Premium Tank
1000 Golden Eagles
1 week of Premium Account

Quote for code vvvv

Quote for code ^^^^

Bought a Roccat mouse bundle and it came with a code for some stupid free shit for this game. Not sure what it is or what it's worth but maybe it means something to you guys:

XP-38G Lightning Premium Plane
T-26 Light Premium Tank
1000 Golden Eagles
1 week of Premium Account

Redeemed for my son who plays this on PC. Thanks!

Wace

And other news about upcoming major patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxGAyPltTo

Executive summary: Tanks Arcade => Call of Duty

Bullet-point summary:
  • Multi-respawns for the same tank are gone. Prices for repairs adjusted to make medium\light tanks cheaper to maintain;
  • Artillery support is gone (mods will be reimbursed), now you get it for killstreaks and base capturing (no morer than 3 per battle);
  • Switch-to-plane is available for killstreaks as well. It's rather crazy and elaborate (see below)
Crazy-ass airplane support detailed:

First you need to score 2 frags. 3 is even better. After that you're able to "summon" attack plane (heavy bomber if 3) and fly it into the same battle.

Then, as soon as you call your bomber all your allies can summon fighter planes to fly support alongside.

At the same time all the enemies can summon fighter planes to shoot you down.

Planes are random for everyone (assuming same BR) and do not depend on your planes etc. No word on if team skill with planes will matter or not.

Now, here's the crazy-ass part: while you are flying, your tank is still on the battlefield, and it's as vulnerable as turkey before thanksgiving or whatever is your cruel capitalistic holiday when you murder poor birds. So if you want to have some place to return to, you need to hide your favorite armor in the safe place (yeah, right, try to find one on the battlefield...).

I'll try to find out more later. Good luck and have fun!

EDIT: Ok, here're more details. The "flying" event is time-limited (about 30-40 secs), so there'll be one run (for attacker\bomber), use it wisely. Also, if your tank is destroyed while you are in the air, you still fly till the end of timer, and after that you're back to choosing next tank (or hangar, if no tanks left).

Ok, so as somebody who's been playing a lot of Ground Forces in AB recently:

This all seems ridiculously complicated. Why not just allow people to spawn in aircraft like in RB? I can get the requirement of getting 2 kills to actually fly out, as you don't want people carpet bombing the bases while everyone's still spawning, but why not have them spawn on an airfield far away from the ground map?

I can already foresee players just sitting on a hill, sniping, trying to get those 3 kills just so they can hop in a B-17 and absolutely wreck everything on the ground. Capping control points after the first few minutes of the game is going to be a nightmare to do too, further encouraging a lack of activity I fear.

Reduced repair costs for Light/Medium tanks and the changes to Artillery strikes seem fine to me, though. I'm kinda interested to see what effect the lack of respawns in the same crew slot will have on the meta of the game. Grinding for modifications is certainly going to be much harder, and Heavy Tanks will probably be more valuable, as that was one of their main disadvantages.

I think, instead of trying to overhaul Tank Battles, they should just make Mixed Battles it's own game mode that you select before joining a game. That way, if want a purely air combat or armored combat experience, you still have that option. Mixed battles should have larger servers to necessitate both an active ground and air battle happening at the same time.

Wace

Ok, so as somebody who's been playing a lot of Ground Forces in AB recently:

As far as I understood the logic behind the mode, they want to make people more active, providing benefits for kills & capturing, since now (I don't play GF much, so IMHO here) lots of players are too afraid to go head-to-head and prefer to hide in the bushes, sniping occasional victim from the safety of higher ground/thick foliage/1km+.

So now, with killcam, revealing sniper position, and artillery & planes moved to rewards section, Gaijin hopes to make people more active on the battlefield. Closed tests left them happy about it.

This all seems ridiculously complicated. Why not just allow people to spawn in aircraft like in RB?

My top bomber crew carries 2x1000lbs + 1x2000lbs bombs (allowing near miss), recharging ~ every 25 seconds. Since it's soviet light bomber, it's rather agile and durable as well (tier 4). Given the fact that in mixed mode there won't be much fighters, it would turn into massacre. I believe people in RB are already frustrated with (suicide) bombers, leveling spawn points on their very first run, aren't they?

I think, instead of trying to overhaul Tank Battles, they should just make Mixed Battles it's own game mode that you select before joining a game. That way, if want a purely air combat or armored combat experience, you still have that option. Mixed battles should have larger servers to necessitate both an active ground and air battle happening at the same time.

While everybody thinks that to be the best idea, with currently diminishing number of players I doubt it'll be good for the project. As devs love to say, in the perfect world with infinite number of players available, it would be easy to manage balance and quality of game modes. In reality, to keep waiting before battles to reasonable minutes, they make sacrifices. So for now we can just be happy that noone is forcing us to drive/fly in any mode.

PS: I personally doubt this mode will fly, especially with "random" plane assignment, but let's wait and see. Oh, and patch will be released "soon", suspecting Nov.1.

Wace

The new (big ) update looks like it included race mode? How does one find that? I wasn't seeing it last night

If you're playing on PC - F4 button or something.
If you're playing on PS4 - no fucking idea! I couldn't find it myself. You can try to join to other people's race through Polygon in the menu, I think.

Whoops! I was wondering why War Thunder gets so little attention on GAF, but it turns out I was posting in the wrong thread. I'll just paste my post from yesterday here:

---

So I now have the infamous Yak-9T and Yak-9K. At first I could not understand why these planes got so much attention. I could barely hit anything with the cannons and they handled like typical Soviet fighters — i.e. other fighters (especially British & Japanese) fly circles around them.

But after getting more practice with them, I admit they are great planes in the hands of people who know what they're doing. I still disagree that they are OP, but they are definitely strong. The trick is to Boom and Zoom and fire in 1-2 shot bursts so the huge cannon recoil doesn't ruin your aim. It is extremely satisfying to fire 1 cannon shell and watch it plow right through an enemy's wing or tail. You can feel the power. But fire the cannons full auto and you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

---

Also, let's post our plane lineups! Here's mine (USSR):

La-5
Yak-9K
IL-2
Yak-9T
IL-2M
Yak-9

I'm working on replacing the Yak-9 with the I-185.

Wace

I still disagree that they are OP, but they are definitely strong.

People love them for tremendous firepower, especially needed while hunting bombers. I don't think they're good at boom-zoom though, personally. Both US and German fighters outperform them in that sense (or so it seems). Just hunt heavy planes and evade dogfights as a rule of the thumb. Also you can scare away most of the fighters with head-on attack.

Also, let's post our plane lineups!

Yak-15
Tu-2S-59
MiG-9 Late
Yak-15P (temporarily, usually this slot is reserved for ILs and other attackers)
La-9

Currently researching Yak-17. Four more planes and I'll be happy little Russian with full lineup.

On the other topic: are those who play tanks excited about coming US tree? Or is it something irrelevant and dull comparing to Germany/USSR?

Made a webm of a triple kill I got today with my Yak-9K!

http://www.gfycat.com/FlatConsciousBooby

nVidia Shadowplay is pretty neat. It was my first time using it.

People love them for tremendous firepower, especially needed while hunting bombers. I don't think they're good at boom-zoom though, personally. Both US and German fighters outperform them in that sense (or so it seems). Just hunt heavy planes and evade dogfights as a rule of the thumb. Also you can scare away most of the fighters with head-on attack.

Yeah, the Yak-9T/9K are definitely best utilized as bomber hunters. Bombers can take a lot of abuse from machine guns so it's helpful to the team when I come in and chop off a wing with my big ass cannons. The thing is, I only play Arcade mode and there is a shortage of bombers (at least at my tier). I climb up high at the beginning of every match and search for bombers, but I usually don't find any and just end up diving on a fighter.

They aren't great at boom & zoom, but that's definitely the safest way to play them. Their poor turning ability gets punished really hard if the enemy team has British or Japanese fighters, so I try not to dogfight too much. In that webm I posted above, I managed to maintain my speed so it turned out well. The Yak-9T is the plane that really forced me to learn how to energy fight, because losing speed at low altitude is basically a death sentence. It has definitely stepped up my game.

Varth

Seeing that I liked Ace Combat F2P on PS3, I'd like to give this game a chance too, since many friends told me good things about it. Is there any guide detailing what's a good budget to spend on microtransactions?
Also: when does the game "ask" for money? AC ramps up the grind almost midway through the skill tree, aside from the campaign missions. What's the tipping point here?

Wace

Seeing that I liked Ace Combat F2P on PS3, I'd like to give this game a chance too, since many friends told me good things about it. Is there any guide detailing what's a good budget to spend on microtransactions?
Also: when does the game "ask" for money? AC ramps up the grind almost midway through the skill tree, aside from the campaign missions. What's the tipping point here?

Assuming you're playing planes, not tanks, you can ignore microtransactions till the late Tier 4 (out of 5, so that's a lot of playing). In this game skill really does trump everything else, so do not invest in accelerated progression unless you want to thank developers.

At the late part of Tier 4 (when you start to research jets, basically) you'll most probably hit the cost barrier, meaning that the amount of in-game currency you get from playing will be less than the amount you need for repairs/restocks/upgrades. Research will also slow down to a screeching halt. If you are an ace - you'll manage. If you're normal, like the rest of us, you'll either get premium, doubling cash and research income, or you'll play less (free repairs take time). Note that you still can play lower tiers at your heart's content, and with 5 nations... it's a lot of planes to fly.

Summarizing, in this game it's Free2Play until very late in the game, then it's Pay2Play later, but it's NEVER Pay2Win.

Varth

Assuming you're playing planes, not tanks, you can ignore microtransactions till the late Tier 4 (out of 5, so that's a lot of playing). In this game skill really does trump everything else, so do not invest in accelerated progression unless you want to thank developers.

At the late part of Tier 4 (when you start to research jets, basically) you'll most probably hit the cost barrier, meaning that the amount of in-game currency you get from playing will be less than the amount you need for repairs/restocks/upgrades. Research will also slow down to a screeching halt. If you are an ace - you'll manage. If you're normal, like the rest of us, you'll either get premium, doubling cash and research income, or you'll play less (free repairs take time). Note that you still can play lower tiers at your heart's content, and with 5 nations... it's a lot of planes to fly.

Summarizing, in this game it's Free2Play until very late in the game, then it's Pay2Play later, but it's NEVER Pay2Win.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thank you.

Wace

Servers went down for updating just now, so in ~4 hours (at about 12:00 GMT) there will be major changes (list coming soon) and US tanks.

news_sg_com.jpg

This time they're doing things a bit differently: some new tanks won't be available immediately, but there will be set of tasks (available tomorrow) to get into list of testers who can play new tanks before everyone else. All the normal players will get there a couple days later.

Developers believe that it will allow them tweak battle ratings of new vehicles before releasing them into the wild.

I personally see no sense in this, since there are always complaints about BRs, regardless of the amount of testing.

Oh, yes, you can also become "tester" for real money. Guess that explains it.

UPDATE:
Patchnote is up
Nothing major but US Tanks and several tanks-related gameplay changes. Some new maps.

danowat

Banned
Anyone got any tips for a new comer to War Thunder?.

Although I am not a new comer to air combat games in general, I am struggling a bit, probably so of it is due to the fact that I am playing it on a PS4 with the controller.....

Just after tips on the best way to tackle arcade battles, best way to earn research for planes etc.

Also, what sort of battle ratings push you into higher spec lobbies, as I recently unlocked an Fw-140 and this seemed to push me into a higher bracket, meaning all my other planes were pretty much ineffective in those lobbies.

Wace

Anyone got any tips for a new comer to War Thunder?

I was hoping that somebody else would answer that, since I have no experience with German planes...

Ok, so first things first, or my IMHO two main differences between WT and air combat games in general:

1. Even in arcade damage is structural and doesn't depend on hit points or some other obscure stuff.

Two main consequences: all the enemies seem to be bulletproof and your plane is usually insta-killed with stray bullet to pilot's head. It's really frustrating but leads to one of the things WT does pretty good: making you study. It helps knowing the position of fuel tanks. It helps knowing turning radius and climbing rate. It helps knowing sound of different guns. You can play without care for this stuff... but it helps.

2. There is no balance.

Unless you play duel mode (and even there) - there's no balance. Developers aren't trying to make every plane worthwhile, they are trying to make it closer to reality. So there are sucky planes (yes, I'm looking at you Yak-15P!!!) and there are great planes. Good thing is that skillful performance and dumb luck usually trump any technological advancement, and there are lots of people who try to fly every ugly duckling out there, so if you see some stupidly slow and weak plane in the sky there's pretty good chance that it's piloted by some real ace with $10k-worth flightstick.

Now, to the questions in particular.

Just after tips on the best way to tackle arcade battles, best way to earn research for planes etc.

The best way to earn in the game is skillful bombing. At early stages of the game (Tiers I-III) you can manage to safely bomb several bases and, with some luck, airfield without being attacked by enemy fighters. It brings a lot of points and it is the easiest way to finish in the top place, even if your side loses.

Make sure to get all the "free" crews you can (5, as far as I remember). At the early stages of the game you won't care about repair prices, and even lowest plane can earn points and contribute to research.

Do not ignore ground targets. If you have trouble with dogfighting (due to sucky plane or guns) you can always take out AA guns and howitzers. It won't do much, but it's better than nothing.

Learn to read the "radar". It's not that good and pretty confusing, but, once again, better than nothing. Also use "free view" (down at D-Pad by default) a lot. It helps.

Check youtube and forums for guides, especially plane-specific ones, since general tips usually suck in practice.

That's it, I think. Feel free to ask specific questions, there are lots of people ready to help, non-Russian community is rather friendly.

Also, what sort of battle ratings push you into higher spec lobbies, as I recently unlocked an Fw-140 and this seemed to push me into a higher bracket, meaning all my other planes were pretty much ineffective in those lobbies.

Ok, here are obscure rules of balancing arcade air battles by BR (battle ratings). Either deal with it or delay flying FW until you bring other crews to the same level.

I hope it helps.

danowat

Banned
Thanks for that, very helpful.

It's the whole balancing thing that I am struggling with.

But it's fun, albeit a little frustrating at times.

Kalamari

I jut started playing this game on my PS4 a couple weeks ago and it's a blast. The support team a pretty helpful too, I had some issue with playing my PS4 account on PC that were taken care of quite well.

Is there a GAF squadron or anyone who plays regularly who might want to squad up sometime?

I've been seriously addicted to the tank side of War Thunder on PS4, and have negletted the rest of the games I have. Sure, the game has some balance issues (Soviet tanks being better than German on average), and being killed by bombers more often than other tanks can be frustrating. Still, the game is pretty well balanced in terms of historical tank models and being fun to play. I prefer the arcade mode usually, as I dislike the queues the other modes seem to have, and especially simulator mode seems to have most of the people playing in low graphical settings, with no grass or bushes, so they can see you even when you don't see them.

I think they are going to bring the naval stuff in this year. Not sure how it will work out, but I'm pretty interested in playing as a submarine, if that's possible.

Wace

Ok, for those of you who doesn't have time for other sources of information: quick overview of stuff coming with the next patch

Planes
  1. B-57B-2
    It was not just a new version of the aircraft, it created a standard for many years in layout of aircraft of this class. But, most importantly, the vehicle managed to maintain excellent maneuverability, speed, relative ease of piloting and at the same time significantly gained an increase in firepower and tactical flexibility.
    Untitled_000011.jpeg
  2. B-29 Superfortress
    During World War II, an aircraft could be large, very large, or a B-29!
    Untitled_000011.jpeg
  3. Fw-200 C-1 “Condor”
    The civil origins of this aircraft affected its speed, armouring and defensive weapons - 4 low calibre machine guns. But the bomber had a good enough flying range and impressive maximum bombload of 3100 kgs.
    Untitled_000007.jpeg
  4. IL-2 AM-38 1941
    The aircraft, which had not yet been touched by "production in the war years". This gives it a slightly better flight characteristics compared to its later brothers. But at the same time, it also has modest weaponry. And despite this, the aircraft was known as "divine punishment" for the enemy and provided reliable assistance for ground forces. Even in a battle with fighter aircraft, the IL can stand up for itself and not be easy prey.
    The model is completely redesigned in line with modern requirements. The polygon count has increased from 14K to 52K. We have greatly improved the accuracy of geometry.
    This IL-2 model has the most detailed and precise damage model compared to any IL-2 ever created in a game and sets a new quality standard for all of our aircraft.
    Untitled_000017.jpg
  5. New Ju-87 D-5 Gunpods
    The first option - a set of three paired 7.92-mm Mauser MG.81Z machine guns for each pod. The second option - two 20-mm Mauser MG.151 / 20 cannons per pod.
    12.jpg
  6. New Gun Scope for Ho.229 V3
    Because of the fact that the real Ho.229 V3 never had a scope installed on it, we couldn’t define the precise position it should be mounted right from the start. Our selected variant caused fair critique from our players so we began to search for a better and more realistic position in a cockpit for it.
    shot-2015.01.20-17.46.01.jpg
  7. Operating Canopies and Cockpit Lights
    We know that some players are looking forward to the ability to be able to operate the canopy opening mechanism for aircraft cockpits in War Thunder. For these players, this is not just an interesting graphical feature, but also a real way to get the maximum view in situations where the ability to look out of the cockpit, remove parts of the canopy that are blocking the view or open the cockpit hatches can be a decisive final tool in the balance between success and failure in the game.
    In addition to the canopy opening feature we have prepared something else for fans of the flying inside a cockpit. Players may be familiar with the situation where during night battles it could be difficult to navigate using instruments alone because it was way too dark. This is why we are introducing the ability of enabling lighting for the entire cockpit for aircraft that had them in reality.
    A full list of the aircraft with this feature enabled will be available in the update notes. We will also eventually introduce it for the rest of the aircraft.
    shot%202015_01_30%2021_03_03.jpg
Tanks
  1. Panzerkampfwagen VIII «Maus»
    The “Maus” will expand the range of the top ground vehicles in the German tree. Even with its clear disadvantage in dynamics, where the vehicle is very slow and heavy on turns, it is more than compensated for with its increased all round armour, as well as its powerful weapons.
    MAUS_000012.jpeg
  2. M26Е1 “Pershing”
    gnificantly modified Pershing has improved armour and gun, it has wider tracks and hull - this tank is an impressive one by its looks alone. It perfectly complements the collection of "Steel generals" and is useful in the game against almost every opponent.
    Untitled_000010.jpeg
  3. Pz.Kpfw. VI Ausf. E Tiger
    The Late "Tiger", which is the same age as the "Royal Tiger", offers better armour than its predecessors - the top plate of the turret is thicker. There's also protection against turret jamming - the addition of an armoured strip on the turret ring.
    Untitled_000022.jpg
  4. T-28E
    The T-28E - a shielded modification of one of the best medium tanks of the 30s. Experience after these tanks were used in the war with Finland, showed the need to strengthen the armour of this machine.
    Untitled_000000.jpeg
  5. Flakpanzer 38(t) Gepard
    The crew of the “Gepard” has better protection than its predecessor, the Flakpanzer I, was able to provide. A traversable 20mm gun is situated in a stationary, low positioned superstructure which allows not only firing at aircraft flying at low altitudes but also at ground vehicles.
    Untitled_000004.jpeg
  6. Enhanced vehicle to surface interaction, Improved Foliage, Driver Assist Mode, Map Changes,
    New Ground Vehicle Views, Physics Animation for Suspension Model
General changes
  1. Ingame Items
    Discounts - are items that reduce the cost certain goods for the player.
    Trophies (chests) - will award bonuses or give random items listed in the description of the trophy upon receiving it.
    Wagers - an item that will allow you to create a “bet” with the game to perform a special mission in random battles in order to receive the highest award.
    Tournament tickets - gives access to a tournament.
  2. Tournament Events
    We are preparing a nice addition for all our players who love competitive gaming. Tournament events will now be available in the game in which a skilled pilot or tanker can earn prizes immediately after their victories without any need to wait for the tournament to be over. In these events, players will be matched based on their personal rating so it won’t be based on the vehicles battle rating.
  3. Graphic improvements
    In an upcoming update we will add several new graphical effects. The first will be the effect of heat haze which will appear while firing the cannon and also a haze that will add to the realism of the operating engine of ground forces.
    The second effect - is the long-awaited contrails from aircraft, which appear as a result of condensing moisture at low air temperatures. Normally, you can see them at high altitudes.
    It is important for us for our game to look great with any settings, this is why we have made additional optimizations for older graphic card support and, as a result, we now have the opportunity to not only increase the number of frames per second in this mode, but also to improve its visual rendering.

Kaper

Ok, for those of you who doesn't have time for other sources of information: quick overview of stuff coming with the next patch

Thanks for this! Might have to find some time to grind out a Pershing or a Superfortress.

eFKac

Ohh man a Maus? :-D

And it should be in my main Tiger skill tree section.

Graphical improvements? That's cool and all but last time I've played the game still run like ass on several maps :-/ sort out the framerate first!

Top Bottom