• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Caught Slayerage completing the quest on his stream:
Yes it's just the ornament. No further gun improvements.
I'm gonna be unpopular, but thank god! I did not want to have to run the prestige mode if the shutgun was enhanced in some major manner. Perfectly cool with this.

I'm gonna be unpopular, but thank god! I did not want to have to run the prestige mode if the shutgun was enhanced in some major manner. Perfectly cool with this.

I believe this is the intent. Just like Prestige Nightfall rewards are just another chance at loot and some cosmetics, so too is the Prestige Raid. This prevents the community from splitting into Normal and Hard mode raids. I felt bad for all the new folks trying to do the raid when the entire community had moved into the hard raid.

People complained that D1 didn't have any challenging PvE activities. Prestige Modes is there for those that want the challenge and they give cosmetic rewards to show off. Good change, Bungie.

Remember when raid gear had cool perks and was among the best in the game including exotics?

Come to think of it remember when exotics had unique interesting perks and were powerful as hell? Pretty much only riskrunner and maybe sunshot has interesting gimmicks in d2.

I was surprised this raid didnt have some sort of raid perks, did the RoI raid didnt have perks at all?

someone spoil me Calus for Prestige

Like, is there an extra phase? Does something different happen?

Why couldn't it be like WoW where they add a whole new phase and fuckery. Like for Gul'dans fight in nighthold, the hard mode has him summon Illidans corpse to fight, and that fight is a fight within a fight because it's similar to his Burning Crusade fight...

Like what if calus summoned 2 other Calus bots. It would be decadent.

Zereta

Remember when raid gear had cool perks and was among the best in the game including exotics?

Come to think of it remember when exotics had unique interesting perks and were powerful as hell? Pretty much only riskrunner and maybe sunshot has interesting gimmicks in d2.

We need raid mods. And more mods in general. Make them PvE focused so that our precious PvP balanced can be saved.

Eh, exotic weapons are generally pretty cool. Wardcliff Coil, Merciless, Sunshot, Riskrunner, Sweet Business is a cool difference. Graviton Lance has a good concept that is wasted. Vigilant Wing and Rat King have unique use cases. Strum synergizing has some good interesting utility.

Exotic armors, at least for Warlocks (only character I have so far) feel pretty lame. Nazerec's Sin is pretty cool but the the actual benefit doesn't feel too powerful. Sunbracers have been helpful. I still have fun with Wings of Sacred Dawn sometimes.

someone spoil me Calus for Prestige

Like, is there an extra phase? Does something different happen?

Why couldn't it be like WoW where they add a whole new phase and fuckery. Like for Gul'dans fight in nighthold, the hard mode has him summon Illidans corpse to fight, and that fight is a fight within a fight because it's similar to his Burning Crusade fight...

Like what if calus summoned 2 other Calus bots. It would be decadent.

One of my friends was expecting a hidden boss fight, like fighting ChoGall after the emperor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You don't need to do it for the platinum. It's only worth attempting if you are interested in the challenge itself.

zewone

So right now, unless you really want an ornament for Acrius, which doesn't look better than the original, there's zero reason to run this.

Acorn

We need raid mods. And more mods in general. Make them PvE focused so that our precious PvP balanced can be saved.

Eh, exotic weapons are generally pretty cool. Wardcliff Coil, Merciless, Sunshot, Riskrunner, Sweet Business is a cool difference. Graviton Lance has a good concept that is wasted. Vigilant Wing and Rat King have unique use cases. Strum synergizing has some good interesting utility.

Exotic armors, at least for Warlocks (only character I have so far) feel pretty lame. Nazerec's Sin is pretty cool but the the actual benefit doesn't feel too powerful. Sunbracers have been helpful. I still have fun with Wings of Sacred Dawn sometimes.
It's weird how hard it is to get kinetic mods, I get tons of everything else. Raid mods would be cool but I doubt they'll do anything interesting because pvp. They probably wouldn't even lock a mod to only working in pve, unless it was like "extra damage to cabal".

If they split the balancing so much could be improved but nope.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They probably wouldn't even lock a mod to only working in pve, unless it was like "extra damage to cabal".
sounds like a perfectly good way to do exactly that. It would be cool to have differently modded guns for different situations and/or install one on the fly to make something particularly effective for a difficult encounter or nightfall.

Acorn

sounds like a perfectly good way to do exactly that. It would be cool to have differently modded guns for different situations and/or install one on the fly to make something particularly effective for a difficult encounter or nightfall.
I guess but the extra damage on sunshot or skyburners oath(can't remember which one it is) didn't seem all that great iirc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So anybody have prestige Calus check?

And why is it called prestige when the colors are of the Lakers and they are the suckiest suck that has ever sucked. Go Warriors.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
They said a week or two ago they weren't going to be able to nail down the glitch in time so they are having "trackers" or w/e for who does it "legit".

This is a different glitch than the "no adds" glitch that went public ~10 days ago. This is an ammo/weapon swap glitch, he ended up with a 57mag Merciless to melt the boss.

Zereta

It's weird how hard it is to get kinetic mods, I get tons of everything else. Raid mods would be cool but I doubt they'll do anything interesting because pvp. They probably wouldn't even lock a mod to only working in pve, unless it was like "extra damage to cabal".

If they split the balancing so much could be improved but nope.

Which is why I thought the mods system would be an amazing way to add some unique perks that only work in PvE. Making them PvE centric (like so many of the perks were in D1, anyway) would help give gun more variation in PvE, while hopefully retaining the balance for PvP.

This is a different glitch than the "no adds" glitch that went public ~10 days ago. This is an ammo/weapon swap glitch, he ended up with a 57mag Merciless to melt the boss.

A 57 round mag? You sure about that?

Because what it actually looks like is that he gets Coil, picks up a brick, and then switches to rockets, which changes the amount he has in reserve.

It doesn't show breaking the max amount of ammo capable in the mag.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can you clarify that? Because it seems like nonsense.

edit: Based on my knowledge of what the glitch does as well as what's specfically depicted in that video you linked.

Because what it actually looks like is that he gets Coil, picks up a brick, and then switches to rockets, which changes the amount he has in reserve.

LMAO, world’s first indeed.

Yeah I saw it wrong, I'm confused now. Definitely not the no adds glitch though

exYle

Still though, one Wardliff rocket translating to six regular rockets is pretty shifty

zewone

Is there a picture of the Prestige set on all three classes yet? Curious to see the difference.
Lakers, baby

7IKkNp8.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Or reserve. It gives you full power ammo for whatever you switch to.

This can be done anywhere, you have to start out with Wardcliff equipped before picking up ammo, or after firing down to 1 with it, because switching to it (unless you already have full, in which case you would have no reason to) will leave you with 0.

Fine to disqualify them I guess, either way

Still though, one Wardliff rocket translating to six regular rockets is pretty shifty

Or reserve. It gives you full power ammo for whatever you switch to.

This can be done anywhere, you have to start out with Wardcliff equipped before picking up ammo, or after firing down to 1 with it, because switching to it (unless you already have full, in which case you would have no reason to) will leave you with 0.

Fine to disqualify them I guess, either way

I mean, that's how Bungie has coded the game to deal with swapping weapons. At worst, it's an exploit. Which is a fine line. But it isn't a glitch. It's players using the mechanics within the game in a way that Bungie didn't plan for.

Should they be DQ'd on World First? Honestly at this point it won't even matter. They got the exposure either way and that's the primary reason to strive for World First other than being proud.

People crying to Bungie about using the "coil glitch" to get ammo are the cutest people i've seen in this game. Get over it, it's nowhere as bad as you think.

I knew there wasn't anything new as reward outside cosmetics from hard mode, but not having stuff like a sparrow, shader, ship or even weapons that can drop only from that dificulty absolutely blows my mind.

Acorn

I mean, that's how Bungie has coded the game to deal with swapping weapons. At worst, it's an exploit. Which is a fine line. But it isn't a glitch. It's players using the mechanics within the game in a way that Bungie didn't plan for.

Should they be DQ'd on World First? Honestly at this point it won't even matter. They got the exposure either way and that's the primary reason to strive for World First other than being proud.
It is a glitch, switch between any other two power weapons and you don't get full ammo. Hell even if you switch with a full mag you don't.

MrS

Banned
Raid was no joke - we couldn't even beat Gauntlet and I consider our team decent (certainly not good or great). I respect how difficult it is - no salt here. Salute to those who can beat it.

I... don't mind it? It's hard for me to tell at the moment, as I'm at work. Is the absolute only difference the shader or are there some other minor differences as well?

The purple parts glow, similar to chroma in D1. Like the titan helmet projects a symbol, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It absolutely is a glitch without any shadow of doubt, unless considering it a hidden Exotic perk of Wardcliff Coil. It's both an exploit and a glitch because it provides an advantage, though for a variety of reasons it doesn't have a lot of legs in competitive terms.

To clarify, a single Coil ammo round becomes full power ammo for any other gun. This is almost undoubtedly because of how the Coil technically stores a huge volley of projectiles per "rocket." This is unintended behavior and does not occur with any other gun.
personally I don't remotely care. the number of rockets one player has in reserve isn't usually the deciding factor for success vs. failure on that encounter and they had more than enough stacks to do it without. if it's "don't use any glitches at all" they should be disqualified, if this is kosher, specifically since literally anyone can do it and it doesn't break the encounter itself like the Calus-specific glitches/cheese, then they're good. again cannot bring myself to care at all

It is a glitch, switch between any other two power weapons and you don't get full ammo. Hell even if you switch with a full mag you don't.

When you switch from one power weapon to another, you get less ammo on the second. It seems to be determined by a percentage. Something about the way the Coil handles it's ammo results in the switch filling up the reserve of any other weapon you switch to. That's why it works every time. It's different from bugging out an encounter or passing through a wall.

The Coil situation presumably unintended and is a side effect. Glitching an encounter or phasing through a wall is breaking the way the game works.

It absolutely is a glitch without any shadow of doubt, unless considering it a hidden Exotic perk of Wardcliff Coil. It's both an exploit and a glitch because it provides an advantage, though for a variety of reasons it doesn't have a lot of legs in competitive terms.

To clarify, a single Coil ammo round becomes full power ammo for any other gun. This is almost undoubtedly because of how the Coil technically stores a huge volley of projectiles per "rocket." This is unintended behavior and does not occur with any other gun.

personally I don't remotely care. the number of rockets one player has in reserve isn't usually the deciding factor for success vs. failure on that encounter and they had more than enough stacks to do it without. if it's "don't use any glitches at all" they should be disqualified, if this is kosher, specifically since literally anyone can do it and it doesn't break the encounter itself like the Calus-specific glitches/cheese, then they're good. again cannot bring myself to care at all

I don't consider it a glitch because it's not breaking anything. It's like saying people who used the Loot Cave in Vanilla D1 were glitching. Doesn't seem to apply. Exploiting, absolutely. Glitching, nah.

Top Bottom