• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Do they have a full game unlock? If not, I think I'm out.

You can buy the single player unlimited pass which also unlocks 20 stocked fuel from finishing one of the challenges.

Honestly I'm downing in fuel, if you scroll up to one of my earlier posts I started with 33 fuel from the 10 free ones you get from checking your notifications and 20 from finishing the campaign and I did about 18 or so online missions and I'm still at 29 fuel.

Fuel might be a problem if you plan on playing 10 hours a day? But for some one who will probably only play a couple of hours a night I can see myself being fine for a loonnng while.

PBalfredo

This is as close to real Ace Combat as we've seen since 2007's AC6. That is a long ass time. The beta made me a believer. Cant wait to DL this later tonight.

Man, that's been a long time. I loved AC6 so I want to check this out, even though the wait2play system is very offputting. Has anyone here ever coughed up cash to play energy system f2p games? For me that's always been the games way of telling me I'm done for the day.

EGOMON

Yeah I'm also disappointed at the lack of an unlockable berkut, but there is a chance it might show up later as an event unlockable or in a future patch.

Also even though the SU-35 is unlockable I am really sad that there is no true SU-37 Terminator available ;___; even if they are mostly the same plane.

Yeah that one too :(
BTW is the 27 Flanker there? i can't remember seeing it

also i would love to see previous Mega-Aircrafts Raid Event like the White Bird, damn that thing was glorious

EGOMON

The fuel taking 4 hours for one ticket is a bit much for me. In reality, that means it takes 12 hours to get your 3 tickets back, which means you can do 3 missions a day without paying.

It's just too little. If it was more like Gundam Battle Online where it was 90 minutes per ticket, I could get into that.. but this is just too long between missions.

Do they have a full game unlock? If not, I think I'm out.

You can unlock fuel tickets by completing challenging its really easy to get i have over 15 staked fuel tickets and i just started playing.
Just go to the Challenges tab and activate the challenges you feel you can finish, they vary from using the search function to find a room to getting certain amount of points in certain amount of time.

Espada

Not the Fenrir, there is just no way, that plane is so ridiculously OP there is nothing that even comes close to it in the Ace Combat universe.

Well, there was that X-49 in Electrosphere that would instantly destroy any aircraft that came into visual range (had the lock on box around them, no lock on needed). But yeah, unless they severely tone down the Fenrir it's kind of OP. Makes me wonder how they'll handle the Falken's insta-death laser in this.

mcz117chief

Well, there was that X-49 in Electrosphere that would instantly destroy any aircraft that came into visual range (had the lock on box around them, no lock on needed). But yeah, unless they severely tone down the Fenrir it's kind of OP. Makes me wonder how they'll handle the Falken's insta-death laser in this.

Considering that Fenrir can go invisible and has 2 "nukes" in its arsenal I would still consider Fenrir the most op. Anyway, I doubt the laser will do much damage or they will simply ban it from multiplayer.

Very hesitant but I'll give this a shot today. Big Zero fan here.
So, have you found a reason to fight yet, Buddy ?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Makes me wonder how they'll handle the Falken's insta-death laser in this.

Considering how a lot of enemies in ACI have really ramped up health pools I think it'll be balanced fine, at most it'll be balanced by say, giving you only 2 or 3 shots with it. But if you ask me the laser is going to be a monster at sniping high priority found targets from the enemy team.

It'll probably be the best special weapon for killing the carriers.

I'll probably finish unlocking my Morgan tonight or tomorrow, so I'm really curious too. I'm also curious about how many credits it's gonna cost to purchase :S The good news is that with the unlimited campaign pass, it looks like farming the shit out of the story missions for credits is a very viable strategy.

Looking at the official site I found this:

Produced under licence. Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Douglas, AH-64 Apace Longbow, AV-8B Harrier II, CH-47 Chinook, EA-18 Growler, F-4 Phantom, F-15 Eagle, F-15J, F-15 S/MTD, F-15 Strike Eagle, F/A-18 Hornet, F/A-18 Super Hornet, Dreamliner the distinctive Boeing logos, product markings and trade dress are trademarks of The Boeing Company.

They have the license for it :D. The weirld thing is that there isnt any license thing for the Sukhoi line.

mcz117chief

Noticed a great easter egg. During debriefing for mission 4 you can see amongst the other squadrons that will work with you in the future the Silber and Antares squadron's emblems :) There are 6 or so more but I didn't recognize those, it didn't stay on for too long.

Update: 1st multiplayer game and MVP already, oh yeah, staying true to my reputation :)

Chirotera

Banned
This really is the Ace Combat game I've wanted for a long ass time. But now that my fuel is getting low (how are people getting so much? Even with challenges, I'm running out. Haven't seen any as drops), the ugly head of the f2p system is showing itself.

We finally get the perfect multiplayer Ace Combat game, with a campaign that feels more in line with the PS2 titles (even if it's not wholly stranereal), and they have to go and shove it all behind a horrible f2p, wait for fuel or pay for it, system.

I both love and hate this game. If they would release an unlimited fuel system for it I'd hop on, no matter the cost. As it is, however, I don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate it.

mcz117chief

This really is the Ace Combat game I've wanted for a long ass time. But now that my fuel is getting low (how are people getting so much? Even with challenges, I'm running out. Haven't seen any as drops), the ugly head of the f2p system is showing itself.

We finally get the perfect multiplayer Ace Combat game, with a campaign that feels more in line with the PS2 titles (even if it's not wholly stranereal), and they have to go and shove it all behind a horrible f2p, wait for fuel or pay for it, system.

I both love and hate this game. If they would release an unlimited fuel system for it I'd hop on, no matter the cost. As it is, however, I don't know how long I'll be able to tolerate it.

I fear for the population of the game. I hope this game will be playable for atleast half a year.

kelik

So a certain pilot for the Ridgeback squadron.....

her call sign is edge.... And she sounds like Nagase. *gasp*

Aerocrane

Ace Combat Infinity is now the first free to play game i've spent money on. Hopefully there will be an active community for a long time.
SdP6NlP.png

cafemomo

good to see you here, suppadoopa. Glad to hear you are a fan of AC too :)

Anyway, whoever wants to play with a real Ace from Europe then just add me: mcz2345

Yup, first played 2 on the PS1 and played all of them since (except the 360 one)

I'll be playing this game on my US and Japanese accounts so you peeps can add me if you want (suppadoopa & suppadoopaJP) if you want to do some co-op later

SpyGuy239

Unappealing pre-release information and bad word of mouth didn't really help Assault Horizon for selling. That game is really the face of Japanese company that doesn't have a clue about the strength and selling point of their own IP on worldwide audience.

Speak for yourself I love Assault Horizon and played it as many times I did the previous games

Speak for yourself I love Assault Horizon and played it as many times I did the previous games

I just could not handle the boring ass helicopter missions. Things felt like they were 3 hours long.... and the camera... and the having to zoom in on almost everything to destroy it...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I like it so far. I agree with others about 4 hours being a bit excessive. They could've implemented a much better system.

Honestly it works out pretty well, you'll be hard pressed to spend all 10 of the stocked fuel you get at the beginning too quickly.

I can see a lot of people getting bored before launching more than 50 times.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I think I played like 4 or 5 hours last night, I bought the campaign ticket because I don't want Ace Combat to flounder and die out ;_;

Ace Combat Infinity honestly is rather fun, t's a shame that the fuel system is going to turn off so many people, but I started out with likeee the 10 free fuel + 3 stocked fuel, did the campaign to unlock 20 additional fuel for 33 fuel and by the time I finished running ~20 online missions I still have 28 fuel, you get a lot back just from playing and finishing challenges.

I unlocked the F-16, MiG-21, The F-14, the F4G and leveled up two planes to level 2, I also unlocked a few custom paint jobs, didn't unlock any parts but I'm like 2-3 missions away from unlocking 3 of them and took my rank up to 2nd lieutenant.

Honestly I felt like I got a lot done.

Are the graphics similar to Assault Horizon or even AC6? And if understanding this right, you paid $20 for the campaign unlock, and you were able to get everything else just playing the game? Oh and, for the $20, do get to play the campaign endless amounts of times?

Are the graphics similar to Assault Horizon or even AC6? And if understanding this right, you paid $20 for the campaign unlock, and you were able to get everything else just playing the game? Oh and, for the $20, do get to play the campaign endless amounts of times?

I believe they are the same as AH just minus the zoom in thingy.

Yes you can unlock the campagin missions without real money, just takes time. Costs 200,000 in game credits to unlock the third mission I believe, same credit pool as your plane/upgrade funds sadly. Yes it will take a while to get to that, but not too much.

Heshinsi

I believe they are the same as AH just minus the zoom in thingy.

Yes you can unlock the campagin missions without real money, just takes time. Costs 200,000 in game credits to unlock the third mission I believe, same credit pool as your plane/upgrade funds sadly. Yes it will take a while to get to that, but not too much.

Oh I meant the unlocks that he got (the planes, the extra fuel, etc), was that just by playing the game? I plan on purchasing the $20 unlock, but was just wondering if there were anything else I needed to purchase to maximise the experience.

Thanks for the answers.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh I meant the unlocks that he got (the planes, the extra fuel, etc), was that just by playing the game? I plan on purchasing the $20 unlock, but was just wondering if there were anything else I needed to purchase to maximise the experience.

Thanks for the answers.

As far as I can see all vehicle unlocks come from playing Co-op missions.

The 20 dollar unlimited campaign unlock gets you infinite campaign missions, and lets you play them all without paying 200k, 300k and 400k credits to unlock the 3rd, 4th and 5th mission. It also will let you do the same with missions 6, 7 and 8 when they release.

On top of that it essentially gives you an additional 20 stocked fuel because you can just bum rush the campaign to complete the challenge associated with clearing the campaign which rewards you with 20 fuel.

Also it lets you infinitely replay the campaign without having to use stocked fuel or supplied fuel which means you can technically farm campaign missions for extra credits! Instead of having to rely on co-op for that. At least in theory, I haven't replayed a mission so I don't know if additional play troughs get you more credits or not lol.

Heshinsi

As far as I can see all vehicle unlocks come from playing Co-op missions.

The 20 dollar unlimited campaign unlock gets you infinite campaign missions, and lets you play them all without paying 200k, 300k and 400k credits to unlock the 3rd, 4th and 5th mission. It also will let you do the same with missions 6, 7 and 8 when they release.

On top of that it essentially gives you an additional 20 stocked fuel because you can just bum rush the campaign to complete the challenge associated with clearing the campaign which rewards you with 20 fuel.

Also it lets you infinitely replay the campaign without having to use stocked fuel or supplied fuel which means you can technically farm campaign missions for extra credits! Instead of having to rely on co-op for that. At least in theory, I haven't replayed a mission so I don't know if additional play troughs get you more credits or not lol.

Thank you, that's all the explanation I needed. Just bought the $20 campaign add-on, and just waiting for the game to finish downloading. Can't believe I almost passed on this game when I heard it was a f2p. People saying that it's the first real Ace Combat since AC6, has me really excited.

Yuterald

Ugh, they got me at the $20 Campaign unlock. I feel like such a boner. Oh well, at least there's a way to make me feel like I have some ownership in this game, ha!

Yuterald

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I played a campaign mission and used up my first three stocked fuels in online missions and I gotta say...I really like this! Perfect game to unwind with after work. Three sorties is good enough for me per work-night too. I've got unlimited play of the campaign too with the package I bought so you can call me (begrudgingly) a supporter of this model/F2P nonsense (for now!). I feel very content with the sessions I had. I even got to partake in a raid mission which was a fucking awesome battle against one of the larger boss fights from the series! Cool stuff!

What I will also say though is how I wish we could have gotten a real Ace Combat game to coincide with this one. This seems like an interesting/experimental setup here, but it's still not the AC experience I'm TRULY looking for. But still, I'm very much surprised with how solid everything looks/feels here.

I Haven't played a Ace Combat game since 3 came out on the PS1. I'm a little rusty flying but i think i'll get used to the controls soon. Surprisingly Good F2P game. I like it.

Yuterald

I Haven't played a Ace Combat game since 3 came out on the PS1. I'm a little rusty flying but i think i'll get used to the controls soon. Surprisingly Good F2P game. I like it.

Haven't played the PS2 trilogy!? 0_0

I'd suggest flying to the nearest eBay link and ordering those games ASAP!

cj_iwakura

It's definitely pretty. Love the nostalgia trip from the music.

Jury's out on the whole F2P thing.

Why is there no versus online? :(

Naked Lunch

While as a core game - ACI is awesome. Music and gameplay especially. But this game needed to rip off of World of Tanks' F2P system - where you can pay to earn more credits and buy certain vehicles. Having to pay constantly to even play it is just a bad system.

Top Bottom