• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

There's the Elite Pack DLC which gives you four Additional Plant Investment contracts, four Elite Mercenary contracts, 20 units of stocked fuel and a Project Aces emblem + badge next to your name in rooms.

dissapointed.gif

oh well, also I realized that the game is a grindy nightmare, just getting the first upgrades is a lot of matches...

mcz117chief

lol congratz man, the sky is yours well until i get my baby the SU-47 Berkut :D

Once they release it you mean ? :D

But hey, it is in the game but only the NPCs can play it...such garbage, ai has priority over player :(

UPDATE: NEW RECORD 58452 :)

UPDATE 2: Finally, after almost 50 games, I got the Inferno skin for my F4-e :)

Aerocrane

UPDATE: I had this idea that Scamco should give us an option to enlarge the supplied fuel stock. Like, 2$ for an extra slot. Thoughts ?

2$ would be too little with how much they charge for stocked fuel. If they would give us the option to buy more slots for supplied fuel, they'll never reduce the resupply rate.

dubc35

F, I hate this (last?) gen. My daughter was super fussy earlier but I was able to clear out some room for the dl of the game (fuck you very much gt5 and your 14gb). Now I get a couple min to check it out but no, you now have to install. None of this is new but utterly stupid regardless. If I dl something, auto install it. It may do that on ps+ I don't know. This is the first time I've turned on my ps3 in months.

/rant

mcz117chief

Are there any unlockables from past games like the call signs and schemes from Assault Horizon?
Getting my PS3 back out in a bit.

I haven't come across any legendary call signs yet, but I hope they will be added. Also, so far all the plane skins in the game are random unlockables.

mcz117chief

I saw a notification a while ago talking about a Mercenary King event, think it said something about a Scareface emblem at least.

cool. I am going to turn on the game right now and play some. Thx for the heads up.

UPDATE, tournament inbound and new skin for mig-21 in random drops (the skin is available now)

1-1000th place
- Scarface and Phoenix emblems
- nicknames Phoenix and Mercenary King
- 75k credits

1001-5000th place
- Scarface emblem
- Mercenary King and Bingo!
- 55k credits

5001-10000th place
- Scarface emblem
- nickname Bingo!
- 25k credits

10001-50000th place
- nickname Bingo!
- 5 aircraft research reports
- 15k credits

50001-100000th place
- 3 aircraft research reports
- 10k credits

Scamco not giving any fuel for the event, shame on you !

I have to be in the 1st thousand, for the honour of neoGAF, God's and mine !

I was digging this game just playing the 2 campaign missions but then I dove into the online co-op missions and fell in love.

I love these types of games so much that I even end up enjoying dreck like HAWX (i'm being mean to it, I enjoyed it) but they never scratch the itch like this series does (thus I keep my ps2 hooked up)

I'll be playing every afternoon after 5-6pm central time. Add me: sketchsanchez

Auskeek

I'm a bit confused at how I'm meant to progress in this game.

Did chapter #1 and #2. About a hundred thousand credits from unlocking chapter 3. Can't seem to join any co-op missions, and replaying chapter #1 and #2 gives me 200 credits...

Was really enjoying this as well, but I have no idea what to do.

I'm a bit confused at how I'm meant to progress in this game.

Did chapter #1 and #2. About a hundred thousand credits from unlocking chapter 3. Can't seem to join any co-op missions, and replaying chapter #1 and #2 gives me 200 credits...

Was really enjoying this as well, but I have no idea what to do.

http://electrosphere20.ipbhost.com/topic/5394-infinity-ace-seminar/
You guys really should read this before getting started on ACI.

Read the guide above.

Skwerl

cool. I am going to turn on the game right now and play some. Thx for the heads up.

UPDATE, tournament inbound and new skin for mig-21 in random drops (the skin is available now)

1-1000th place
- 75k credits

1001-5000th place
- Scarface emblem
- 55k credits

5001-10000th place
- Scarface emblem
- nickname Bingo!
- 25k credits

10001-50000th place
- nickname Bingo!
- 15k credits

50001-100000th place
- 10k credits

75k credit is just cheap, you cant even afford a mig-29 with that. And frankly speaking anyone who can get into the zone of these winning bracket, they'd probably be so far ahead that 10k credits wouldnt even mean much.

mcz117chief

75k credit is just cheap, you cant even afford a mig-29 with that. And frankly speaking anyone who can get into the zone of these winning bracket, they'd probably be so far ahead that 10k credits wouldnt even mean much.

I want the Phoenix emblem :)

1-1000th place
- 75k credits

1001-5000th place
- Scarface emblem
- 55k credits

5001-10000th place
- Scarface emblem
- nickname Bingo!
- 25k credits

10001-50000th place
- nickname Bingo!
- 15k credits

50001-100000th place
- 10k credits

Man if they do a tournament for the Razgriz emblem and nickname im going to be spending butt loads on fuel.

mcz117chief

The only reason I am putting up with this horrible scam of a game is ONLY because of Ace Combat, and Scamco knows it. They know that Ace Combat has a small but extremely dedicated community of whalers, we will spend huge amount of money on this game and they know it, we know it too and we hate it but we still do it.

Naked Lunch

The only reason I am putting up with this horrible scam of a game is ONLY because of Ace Combat, and Scamco knows it. They know that Ace Combat has a small but extremely dedicated community of whalers, we will spend huge amount of money on this game and they know it, we know it too and we hate it but we still do it.
Very true. Sad - but true. Even more true because ACI really is a return to the real Ace Combat gameplay - but it might be even better. The weight and overall feel of the planes is finally more realistic than ever - and is a huge difference between jet types.
I would give blood for Galm icons in ACI haha. Ace Combat Zero really is the best Ace Combat game - and maybe the best PS2 game altogether. Its that damn good. It better have an HD port or better yet a proper remake somewhere down the line.

mcz117chief

Very true. Sad - but true. Even more true because ACI really is a return to the real Ace Combat gameplay - but it might be even better. The weight and overall feel of the planes is finally more realistic than ever - and is a huge difference between jet types.
I would give blood for Galm icons in ACI haha. Ace Combat Zero really is the best Ace Combat game - and maybe the best PS2 game altogether. Its that damn good. It better have an HD port or better yet a proper remake somewhere down the line.

I didn't know I had a clone ;)

So is this worth checking out or an unplayable money gated mess?

Extremely worth it, but the pay cliff is pretty tough. If you buy the elite pack, the infinite campaign pack and the rookie pack (about 40$) then you are set for the whole campaign + about 100 multiplayer games (more if you get lucky with random drops)

Naked Lunch

I didn't know I had a clone ;)
Yep Im that dude who spent real money in Ace Combat 6 buying jet skins of the AC Zero and AC5 jets. Thats like the Oblivion horse armor of jet games. Take my money Namco.

You know, I saw there was a couple Ace Combat art books with concept art of some of the crazier boss ships of the past games - packed in with Japenese Assault Horizon I think. This never made it to the states from my memory. Id love to own it.

mcz117chief

Yep Im that dude who spent real money in Ace Combat 6 buying jet skins of the AC Zero and AC5 jets. Thats like the Oblivion horse armor of jet games. Take my money Namco.

I have also bought almost all the skins for AC6, I have spent about 5000 microsoft points on them...or maybe more :D

edit: oh yeah, and on Assault Horizon too (Haruka and Chihaya w00t)

So is this worth checking out or an unplayable money gated mess?

Is a fine Ace Combat game, but if you plan to not spend a single cent on it....is gonna be a rough experience. You only have 3 free tokens (which means 3 co-op matches) every 12 hours (and the max number of tokens/fuel is 3), the other type of fuel can be purchased or obtained, but after a while it becomes really rare to obtain unless you spend money on it.

Also forget being able to play the campaign without paying the unlimited access DLC.

Lockon

You guys think they are going to sell idolm@ster skins? I might buy some
all
of them if there any in the future...

mcz117chief

To all the razgriz fan boys on this thread... I'd like to point you guys to this. For some reasons I never really saw north american community talk about these:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ords=ace+combat$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

I think it'd be stupid if scamco didnt tie the sale of these kits with ACI (i.e. emblem/fuel etc.,)

edit: you guys have no idea how much I'd pay for DLC that has awacs voiced by Chihaya kisaragi's VA.

Mate, please. I bought this !

And I would pay $$$$$$$$$ to get Haruka's VA

You guys think they are going to sell idolm@ster skins? I might buy some
all
of them if there any in the future...

Unless they go full retard then they most DEFINITELY will and I WILL BE THE FIRST TO BUY THEM !!!!

Cudder

So how is the story/music in this? I am a HUGE fan of 4,5 and Zero. Assault Horizon sucked. Fort some reason free to play games reek of a "low budget" smell that I can't shake. Is it at all comparable to the aforementioned 3 games?

Mate, please. I bough this !

And I would pay $$$$$$$$$ to get Haruka's VA

Unless they go full retard then they most DEFINITELY will and I WILL BE THE FIRST TO BUY THEM !!!!

Waifus on a plane
So how is the story/music in this? I am a HUGE fan of 4,5 and Zero. Assault Horizon sucked. Fort some reason free to play games reek of a "low budget" smell that I can't shake. Is it at all comparable to the aforementioned 3 games?

Music is fine, honestly I don't pay to much attention to it. lol

Story? After 2 campaign missions, is extremely underwhelming, if you expect the something like 4, 5 or zero, you'll be dissapointed. Can't see the rest (almost impossible unless you pay the unlimited pass), but so far is just a bunch of infographics with some fictional history lesson VO at the background...

mcz117chief

the only "low budget" thing about it is lack of content but production quality is stellar. Music is pure recycle of AC 4,5,6,0 osts. Story is pretty basic, but with some nice twists and an absurd amount of references to previous AC games.

edit: I love how this thread gets super active this time of a day, I love to nerd out with my fellow squadron members.

Skwerl

Waifus on a plane

Music is fine, honestly I don't pay to much attention to it. lol

Story? After 2 campaign missions, is extremely underwhelming, if you expect the something like 4, 5 or zero, you'll be dissapointed. Can't see the rest (almost impossible unless you pay the unlimited pass), but so far is just a bunch of infographics with some fictional history lesson VO at the background...

You obviously havent played mission 3, 4 and 5 :\
The first 2 are really the weakest ones, I feel more than happy about 3,4,5 and the upcoming ones.

mcz117chief

The first 2 are really the weakest ones, I feel more than happy about 3,4,5 and the upcoming ones.

I second this. The first 2 are tutorials but it really picks up after that, especially mission 4 is stellar.

Well I said that, but if they wanted to pick my interest they failed terribly. I was thinking to buy the unlimited pass, but the first 2 missions really make me loss interest on the idea.

That could change if Kei Nagase was in. lol

mcz117chief

Well I said that, but if they wanted to pick my interest they failed terribly. I was thinking to buy the unlimited pass, but the first 2 missions really make me loss interest on the idea.

That could change if Kei Nagase was in. lol

She is in it. Her behaviour is a lot different from AC5 though but she is in other AC games so maybe they picked her personality from those.

mcz117chief

I'm all about that Shinden II

Thanks for adding the google doc to the OP Noi!

Be careful though, that Haruka's F-22 has more than 500 pieces. It is a real mad skill to put it all together and make it look good, thank the Lord I am a really good modeler, even for me it is a really tough model and I have spent thousands of hours with stuff like this.

Edit: I can also see that it has a fine amount of decals, another thing to consider.

Aerocrane

Be careful though, that Haruka's F-22 has more than 500 pieces. It is a real mad skill to put it all together and make it look good, thank the Lord I am a really good modeler, even for me it is a really tough model and I have spent thousands of hours with stuff like this.

I'm not going to buy it, can't afford and wouldn't have the skills to build it anyway. Shipping on goods from Japan is the killer, wouldn't want to deal with customs either.

mcz117chief

I'm not going to buy it, can't afford and wouldn't have the skills to build it anyway. Shipping on goods from Japan is the killer, wouldn't want to deal with customs either.

My Haruka came just fine without any customs bs, I just payed with PayPal and after a few weeks mailman brought it to me :)

Anyway, I could build it for you...for 100$ :)

Aerocrane

My Haruka came just fine without any customs bs, I just payed with PayPal and after a few weeks mailman brought it to me :)

Anyway, I could build it for you...for 100$ :)

The limit on value of goods from outside EU is something like 22€ including shipping. Registered SAL is not an option to Finland and I ain't going to gamble on unregistered so only options would be EMS or Fed-Ex which both would be almost guaranteed extra costs from customs.

It has been around six years since I last built a model kit of some kind, it was some fighter plane kit which I painted and assembled for a friend. Only model of my own I have around is a half-assembled Lancia 037 kit in a box somewhere.

Top Bottom