• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

NomarTyme

i was doing it for about... 30 times by now? 25 giancrysts and a lot of the other.

This is the best event ever (very expensive but fuck it, those lapis probably would have been spent on crappy summons)

I bring two Xons and they sure been helping I get Giancryst almost ever time. I say its well worth like you said.
90 nrg for a shot at getting a giancryst and most likely no the one I need is quite a gamble though. Does Xon's steal work in chamber of gems?
Yeah its a gamble, but you doing get decent amount of T3 cryst. Xon helps with the boss battle drop according to the data...

The only sure thing is the Mog King events. I get the T4 power cryst because its worth it for me.

across

I don't imagine there's a single person on this board that this information is relevant for, but I did it and I feel compelled to write a little report up anyway.

I have no units who can really make meaningful use of the Aigaion rewards and I have neither of the top chainers to make the body strat a quick, painless experience. So I'm largely pretty content to let the trial simmer for a bit.

But I was idly thinking about different team setups in the back of my head, and I wondered: would my 2 Trance Terras be enough to Chaos Wave down the body? I hit the training dummy to see the damage values from sparking Activated Chaos Wave. Looked at least potentially promising. I hemmed and hawed about team setups, but eventually dropped 50 NRG just as a test run, with 2 Trance Terras, Tilith, Delita (with Helm Break+2), Zargabaath, and a friend Rem.

Two turns in I realized the answer was no, this was not going to work. Not because of survivability issues - the run was very smooth and controlled - but even with Helm Break+2, A.Chaos Wave spark chained couldn't do much more than inch ahead of the body's healing. That wasn't the most immediate problem, though, which was that even without breaks, I was doing pretty solid damage to the arms. With breaks and a correct spark chain, A.Chaos Wave was shaving off 30% or so of the arms each use.

Of course, once you kill the Right Arm twice, the Left Arm starts suicide snorting your characters away. I don't recall how many LA kills I'd racked up before RA died for the second time - either 5 or 6 - but it was a wrap at that point.

Aside from that it was a fun team to take to the trial and mess around with. Trance Terra isn't the hardiest unit in the game, but 30% dodge chance saved her bacon multiple times. Zargabaath's innate dodge chance, durability and resist death ability meant he didn't actually die once. Tilith's innate camouflage meant she didn't die either. And Delita's high base HP/servicable DEF meant he very rarely died after the reraise.

With two Full-Life casters in Trance Terra, I could recover from lots of unfortunate RNG. Because Magical Activation -> Chaos Wave is 25 MP every two turns, her innate auto-refresh covered her MP usage. In fact, since almost all the abilities I was using were such low MP cost, the only one who ever had anything approaching MP issues was Zargabaath. Odds are good if I'd enhanced Delita's Meditate to +2 and swapped the (unnecessary) Renewal materia from Tilith over to him, MP would have been a complete non-issue for the entire party.

Zargabaath's 60% group buff and Word of Law meant enduring the round of attacks where Aigaion was buffed was relatively trivial - though I made a small tactical error putting Bushido - Freedom on him, which resulted in turn economy issues from time to time.

I doubt the team would have been able to handle the body phase even without the (unnecessary, imo) snort mechanic, but I had fun playing around with an uncommon team setup. Was worth the 50 NRG for me.

I bring two Xons and they sure been helping I get Giancryst almost ever time. I say its well worth like you said.

Yeah its a gamble, but you doing get decent amount of T3 cryst. Xon helps with the boss battle drop according to the data...

The only sure thing is the Mog King events. I get the T4 power cryst because its worth it for me.

Shit, I should have been running the 85 nrg. Didn't know it also gave T4's. Got 3 heavy powers and a gian power on my first run. So good

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
While I have enjoyed my base units, I'm still quite a bit jelly of the ones who got Marie. She basically combines all the best support buffs into one unit. Like taking a Tilith's buffs + Milia's Resistances into one.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hey everyone! Just got back in town after another work trip for the past week. I've been able to burn down my NRG and collect my stuff (nothing good), but otherwise am out of the loop.

1. Expeditions are secretly really fun and the advance tokens are an interesting way to speed things up. I'm picking and choosing my spots but should be able to build Adventure II by tomorrow.

2. Seems like an off week in terms of vortex quests? About to finish the story quest from last week which I'm actually enjoying. I hope we get these often -- this writing team is secretly quite good.

3. I'm catching up with trials this week, starting with Gilga, which is where I left off. Wish me luuuuuck!

tuffymon

I have no units who can really make meaningful use of the Aigaion rewards and I have neither of the top chainers to make the body strat a quick, painless experience. So I'm largely pretty content to let the trial simmer for a bit.

I had that look of terror when I thought I had no-one who could make use of the trial prizes after my epic night of battle... I then thought about Gilgamesh >.>; who in subpar gear (most went to my Luneth since he just got enhanced), actually rose 7 or 8 points of damage higher than when I had him fully decked out (He still wouldn't be higher than Luneth if I swapped stuff around at this time).

Shouta

Looking at the Bravely chars for JP, they have variety of skills with some being unique but tbh, they're not that great overall. Damage mods are worse for a lot more work to get them going. Both the Seiken Densetsu and Romancing Saga units are better, I think.

At least this Raid is giving out a free Sakurafubuki. =o

Prototype

Of all things I need to finish Cecil off, it's like 5 more support alcyrst. Lol. I have plenty of all the rare stuff.
Just been grinding the story event. Is there a better option for lower level crysts? Just been following the Reddit postings about the 85 and 90 NRG events for support/guard/power

Muku

Well, so far:

Luneth -
Sword Mastery +2
Cut Through +1 : working on mats for +2

Ace -
Spirit Hand +2
Devotion +2
Tri-Laser Beam : not yet gotten to. Farmed Crystals for other two in same place. Getting to this one tomorrow.

Edit: Don't have as great gear on my alt as my main. Nor as many TMs. Queen TT has the monopoly on the litlte mage gear I do have. Ace is getting second picks. I gave Ace Second Knife in mean time... if DW is good for him for his abilities, then I hope that can hold him over. I've gotta finish his TM first before I can move on. TT is getting his TM, but not sure if I should go for a third DW for him... some other caster gear for TT, or focus on him a little with little mage TMs I do have available on units I have.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, i know its old news but i couldnt really TM farm or anything so i did try my hand at the Octopus Teacher...and beat it.

screenshot_20170721-27qu2o.png
screenshot_20170721-21eumf.png

Setzer/Rikku the GOAT and powerful Zara friend, a week ago i wished to be able to clear Gilga trial and now i have cleared all but newest. It will be a while until i can do the newest Robo one....but for now im good.

Guess i now have even more reasons to level Zyrus.

Abylim

What kind of friend unit would I need to do ultros and typhoon ?

I'm nearing the end of my trust grinding, gunna smash dark beasts, but not sure about ultros

Xion86

How high of an attack is Maxwell? Aileen must be real low if Maxwell is on the team.

I had to make Maxwell slightly higher than Aileen so he dies instead of her and can self revive. The other highest attacker would be a friend unit. The only two highest weapons I have for Aileen are Genji Blade and Rising Sun too :(. I'm going to try switching things up today, might bring WoL back in.

Oh my god I fucking accidentally used my 4* ticket instead of a regular. Thought, the only way this would be redeemable was a rainbow (not gonna happen). Turns out , a 6th Chizuru. Not even onbanner!

Was saving it for Nier and I fucked up big time!

Mipcgamer

I'm looking for strong Friend Tilith to complete Aigaion.
i'm currently have Emperor as companion unit

My ID 088.200.817

it seems if you don't have Freyvia (or 3 Orlandu), Emperor is the other unit that can complete it in less than 3 hours.
this is the guide that i'm going to use
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6onh15/no_5_base_except_friend_emp_no_tmr_aigaion_clear/

Hey, could you please let me try to beat the robot with your Emperor?
I sent you a friend request (MIPC).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like after getting my ass stomped in yesterday by Ultros, I'm just going to TM farm and event for another month.

Also, I'm going be freeing up spots today.

077 602 847

Muku

My video of Luneth.

Luneth is also pretty amazing enhanced. Really we got 2 powerhouses this week.

Sweet, going to watch before work. When I get home from work I gotta watch DKC one. I might work on DKC after I finish Ace. (In which case Garland would get booted from the group.)

Trying to finish Luneth's Cut Through +2, but so far loving his enhancements. (Well, Sword Mastery and Cut Through)

Syntsui

Luneth is pretty beastly :eek:

If I had two Orlandus I would have enhanced him instead of DKC for some holy goodness.

Edit: Thinking about it, it would still be better to enhance DKC. 2 Orlandus with Deathbringer + dual element Soul Eater finisher :eek:o

Valentus

Luneth is pretty beastly :eek:

If I had two Orlandus I would have enhanced him instead of DKC for some holy goodness.

Edit: Thinking about it, it would still be better to enhance DKC. 2 Orlandus with Deathbringer + dual element Soul Eater finisher :eek:o

equip luneth with a deathbringer.

there, done

ONE BILLION DAMAGE

Muku

Was going to work on stuff for Yun after I finish my Black Cowl... but I'm wondering if I should focus on a couple of better weapons for Luneth first.

wilstreak

Yeah, you're Granblue.

Set up and shared a Tilith with 7.5k hp. I used this set up on my run and my mp was always full each turn. Let me know if you need a specific set up.

Thanks bonkeng, your Tilith is like a tank. Out of all the unit, WoL, Cecil, Emperor, Ling and Rikku, your Tilith is the only one who never die .

Sadly i give up midway since it takes so long, even with Hypernull All and Cecil's LB, sometimes my Emperor died and it is pain to have to rebuilt FFB from the beginning again.

Gonna try again after i get 9S TMR. Another physical damage mitigation surely will help Emperor chance to stay alive.

Hey, could you please let me try to beat the robot with your Emperor?
I sent you a friend request (MIPC).

Sure, i have accepted your friend request.
Good luck, and be patience.

Pejo

Dammit. I hate when I forget one key aspect of a trial battle before I go in. I just tried Octopus teacher and accidentally left a fire weapon on my Zarg. This boned me twice because I didn't have a way to do wind damage to Typhon, and since Typhon has 200% resist fire, he fully resisted zarg's attacks. 40 NRG down the drain.

Otherwise, the fight doesn't seem so bad though. I'm still confused on which party I should be bringing. I think I'm going a bit support heavy with Zarg, Rikku, Tillith, WoL and a friend Fry. I just don't really like Tillith's synergy. AoE full heal and full raise is awesome for sure, but she just feels slightly out of place. Maybe I"ll try again with Rem.

linkent

I'm looking for strong Friend Tilith to complete Aigaion.
i'm currently have Emperor as companion unit

My ID 088.200.817

it seems if you don't have Freyvia (or 3 Orlandu), Emperor is the other unit that can complete it in less than 3 hours.
this is the guide that i'm going to use
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6onh15/no_5_base_except_friend_emp_no_tmr_aigaion_clear/

wil.. add me please since your friendlist is full.
hope your emperor will do it faster than a single friend Frey for me.

tried the zarg's berserk tactic..
left arm done..
robot berserk..
right arm done..
~35% HP
robot hit zarg 3x in a row..
berserk gone..
both arm revived T_T.
all this after 2 hours+.

Syntsui

my luck continues.

MeaijCFl.png

now, should i dump my emp and take away my DW from tidus to give her DW with emps tmr and her tmr?
Her TM is a bow, so you can't dual wield. Her best build is with that bow + SPR/HP equipments and TMs as she is a support character to begin with.

AkumaNiko

Her TM is a bow, so you can't dual wield. Her best build is with that bow + SPR/HP equipments and TMs as she is a support character to begin with.

so i should swap out Y'shtola for her then and take all the SPR gear off? does she have good heals/buffs?

i have seen some videos of her chaining insane

Syntsui

so i should swap out Y'shtola for her then and take all the SPR gear off? does she have good heals/buffs?

i have seen some videos of her chaining insane
She is supposed to be singing the entire fight, which heals HP/MP every turn.

You don't necessarily need to exchange your healer for her. But that will depend on your team composition and what exactly you want to do.

For those still struggling with Aigion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6otm3u/another_aigaion_guide_rikku_wol_cecil/

EDIT: Rikku needs to use her LB every 2 turns, not 3. This makes autoattacking with your filler units more important if Cecil isn't able to generate enough crystals with his 8 or 12 attacks. On the bright side, this lets your damage dealers regen some MP (if they have auto-refresh). Just remember Rikku LB takes priority over literally everything else.

This guide only requires Rikku, WoL and Cecil and allows for flexibility for those without hard-to-get units (Tilith, 5* chainers, etc.) and is based on /u/IceDragon247's comment. This guide will tackle the slow method (left arm > right arm > body). No TMR's are required besides Rikku's Pouch which is essential unless you're feeling lucky.

UNITS

Rikku

Rikku must be have her LB up every other turn. You have a 2 turn buffer to build it up and Cecil guarantees this 99% of the time. In emergency cases, get your damage dealers/MP battery to auto attack. After the first few turns she will not be doing anything besides rotate Synthesis > LB > NullAll regardless of whatever buffs are up. Gear her with Mog Wisdom, Override, and as much HP as you can (5.5k+). If you have the TMRs, equip LB building ones such as Ignorance or Kelsus' TMR.

WoL

WoL will eat every other punch from the left arm using Brave Presence. The first punch can hit anyone since reraise will always be up. On turns right after getting fisted, use Eccentrick from Rikku's Pouch. The LB buff lasts 5 turns but you do not want to risk something going wrong and not being able to build Rikku's LB. If you are using a mage or Fry, use his SPR break right after Eccentrick. Rotation will be Eccentrick > Brave Presence > Free Turn > Brave Presence. Gear him with Rikku's Pouch and maximum defenses. Give him dual wield if you have a spare one and reach 6.5k HP. Lucky Bangles and Assassin's Vest can be equipped as well (fisting is NOT dodgeable).

Cecil

Cecil is crucial to the team because he makes sure Rikku's LB is always up. With Second Knife and Twin Spear, he auto attacks 4 times. When paired up with Eccentrick, Rikku will almost always have her LB up after one turn. Even if you are extremely unlucky, you have a leeway of two turns to build it up. If Rikku's LB gauge is full, Cecil can use his LB to help your damage dealers kill Aigaion faster, help heal using Curaja, or use Bushido Freedom when necessary. REMEMBER TO TARGET THE BODY WITH YOUR AUTOATTACKS. Gear him with Second Knife, Twin Spear, Bushido Freedom, and maximum defenses. You can equip Cecil or WoL with Black Belt to help with LB crystals but it's quite overkill unless you're lacking Rikku's Pouch. Enhance Cecil's abilities if you have the crysts.

Healer

Tilith is the ideal healer as Cecil and WoL will be taking some big hits. Not so necessary because you can let them die on some turns if they have reraise on them. Prism Heal is great for MP sustain but you can just use MP recovery items with the other two party members (or bring an MP battery). Others have said DC Refia and Ysh are sufficient. I'd use Ysh for first turn defensive buffs and she's good for those without DC. Gear your healer for maximum MP/MP regen and SPR/HP. Since everyone is calling me out for saying Tilith, let me make it clear that with > 5.5k HP on all your units and with Rikku LB up every other turn, you will find that you will (almost) never require require a heal more than 4000 HP which Refia and Ysh should be able to do with even the most basic equipment. You can stack SPR instead of HP as well to further strengthen your heals since the two tanks are more than likely to take the hits if your healer is targeted.

Last Two Slots

You can either go with an MP Battery and damage dealer or two chainers for the last two slots. The former is much safer but the latter will be much faster. Just make sure that they have sufficient HP to survive after being reraised and hit without defensive buffs up. I found 5.5k to be a safe number. /u/Foxheart2's suggestion of using Emperor with Ling (or any other MP battery) is probably the fastest route especially since WoL will have some free turns to break SPR. Rem can also be used as a damage dealer and Bartz or Ilias can be used as mana batteries. If you plan to use two chainers, let them use MP items on your other party members. This takes priority over them attacking. Innate MP regen is preferred. You can gear them with as high ATK as you want. Remember that building Rikku's LB is priority so auto attack if Cecil isn't able to fill the gauge.

TEAM SET-UP

*Rikku: Override, Moogle Crown, Tabby Suit, 2x Muscle Belt, Mog Wisdom, 3x HP +10% *WoL: Gigantaxe, Hero Shield, Grand Helm, Assassin's Vest, Rikku's Pouch, Bangles, HP +15%, 3x HP +10% *Cecil: Second Knife, Twin Spear, Dragon Helm, Dragon Mail, Germinas Boots, Muscle Belt, Bushido Freedom, 3x HP +10% *Tilith: Cat Ear Hood, Fina's Clothes, Rain's Insignia, Vitality Apparatus, Mog Rise, HP +15%, MP +15%, MP +20% *Aileen: Genji Blade, Artisan, Black Cowl, Demon Mail, 2x Bracer, Dual Wield, 2x Quick Assault, Blade Mastery *Friend Aileen: Geared for max damage, preferably with Machine Killer

As you can see, only Aileen has (non-free) TMR's. Tilith is not essential as this strategy ensures +50% defensive buffs at all times along with cover from two tanks so healing from DC Refia or Ysh should be enough. If you do get unlucky, the free turns from Cecil and WoL will let you raise your units anyway.

STRATEGY

The first few turns are crucial. Once you get into the rhythm, it gets pretty easy.

TURN 1

Rikku: Synthesis
WoL: Eccentrick
Cecil: AA body for crystals
Healer: Buffs
Others: Help with buffs or attack body for crystals
No units have reraise. One filler unit is dead.

TURN 2

Rikku: LB
WoL: Free Turn (SPR break, Raise filler unit, or AA for crystals)
Cecil: AA body for crystals (LB/Curaja/Bushido as neeeded)
Healer: Heal
Others: Revive dead with Phoenix Down. DO THIS BEFORE RIKKU LB.
All units will have reraise after turn. Aigaion will kill your filler unit and s/he will reraise.

TURN 3

Rikku: NullAll
WoL: Brave Presence
Cecil: AA body for crystals
Others: AA body for crystals or Damage, MP refresh if LB is full
Aigaion will kill WoL and he reraises.

TURN 4

Rikku: LB
WoL: Eccentrick
Cecil: AA body for crystals (LB/Curaja/Bushido if LB full)
Others: Damage, MP refresh
All units will have reraise after turn. Aigaion will kill your filler unit and s/he reraises.

TURN 5

Rikku: Synthesis
WoL: Brave Presence
Cecil: AA body for crystals AFTER RIKKU LB
Others: Damage, MP refresh
Aigaion will kill WoL and he reraises.

Cycle After Turn 5

Rikku: NullAll > LB > Synthesis > LB
WoL: Free Turn > Brave Presence (get reraised) > Eccentrick > Brave Presence (get reraised)
Cecil: AA body for crystals or free turn if Rikku LB gauge is full
Others: Feed MP to team/Do damage
After Left Arm Is Killed 10x

Once the left arm is dead, you will find it much easier to survive. All units will do the same rotation except for WoL who will get another free turn instead of using Brave Presence. Use these turns to top up your MP for all your party members. You can deviate from the rotation if you want but I tend not to just so that I can keep the rhythm. After killing the right arm twice, you'll want to go back to the rotation because he uses genocide beam twice each turn and you NEED NullAll and Rikku's LB up at all times to survive.

After Right Arm Is Killed 3x

Repeat the rotation until right before you hit the 70% threshold. Make sure your entire team has reraise and then cross the threshold. Your whole team should die. On the turn after reraising, use Cecil's LB to boost your defenses and attack with your two filler units to build up Rikku's LB again. He will use World Destroyer every 5 turns (NOTE DOWN TURNS ON PAPER). Just repeat the rotation from before until you get close to the 50% threshold. You must cross the threshold 2 turns before the end of the 5 turn count to give yourself time to build Rikku's LB again. Delaying crossing the threshold will allow you to build up Cecil's LB as well. Do the same with the 30% threshold. Win.

tuffymon

Crazy, I used Rikku's Lb every 5 turns >.>; I can't imagine trying to use it every 2? I had nowhere near the level of Tm's or generation for that to happen...

Crazy, I used Rikku's Lb every 5 turns >.>; I can't imagine trying to use it every 2? I had nowhere near the level of Tm's or generation for that to happen...

My Rikku is lvl 25 lb but I'm severely lacking the +lb per turn department. So I gutted my current tm farm team and put in Kelsus and Jack with another Jack on the bench. Best to do this now as we have to use Rikku for a lot going forward so I'm getting out of the way now. This trial, with all my OP units was not easy for me simply because it all fell on Rikku and she could not build up her LB as quick as she needed to . Won't happen again, getting the TM's she needs for her are my top priority.

tuffymon

My Rikku is lvl 25 lb but I'm severely lacking the +lb per turn department. So I gutted my current tm farm team and put in Kelsus and Jack with another Jack on the bench. Best to do this now as we have to use Rikku for a lot going forward so I'm getting out of the way now. This trial, with all my OP units was not easy for me simply because it all fell on Rikku and she could not build up her LB as quick as she needed to . Won't happen again, getting the TM's she needs for her are my top priority.

Mines somewhere between 18-21? I think... and I am working on a Kelsus and Jack... but to say it has to be up every 2 is absurd, outside of World Destroyer (that nearly double time), I wasn't in a lot of danger once WD normalized to every 5 turns. As you said though, Rikku is going to be used more and more on harder battles so I'll definitely help speed the process up.

Rixa

Mines somewhere between 18-21? I think... and I am working on a Kelsus and Jack... but to say it has to be up every 2 is absurd, outside of World Destroyer (that nearly double time), I wasn't in a lot of danger once WD normalized to every 5 turns. As you said though, Rikku is going to be used more and more on harder battles so I'll definitely help speed the process up.

Mine is now 22-23? I think. Working on 2 Jacks, one slot is for Discernment and one for maybe Emperor's Majesty (doing 2 of those too). Not fond of working with Kelsus, so I let it be. Rikku is my target unit as TM build now.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Finally beat Gilga!!!!

The Team
Noctis
Rikku
Rain
Tillith
WoL

The real problem I kept running into was MP at the 20% threshold because of a combination of mismanaging Noctis' role (a 3 MP thunder on Rikku is a LOT cheaper lightning damage than Thunder Flask, for example). Even then I needed 2 Chocolates to finally clear this thing.

Hello ATK +30%, TM +10%, and Genji Blade!!!

I am sorry but I am proud of this.

Top Bottom