• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

6k HP with around 300SPR was the bare minimum my team was built around and they survived just fine, my Orlandu with barely 200SPR died a few times so relying on that would be risky. 4k HP though... Yeah, you'd better have that auto res on deck.

forgrim

Just lost after two right arms and he started using two genocides a turn. K's emperor could barely if ever survive and therefor my dps got lost most of the time.

May attempt one more time and then give up for now.

Muku

So glad weekend is finally here. ;_; (My weekends are Sun/Mon.)

Got to catch up on some videos like DKC. But ... in mean time going to ask, you build up all 3 DKC's enhancements?

Syntsui

So glad weekend is finally here. ;_; (My weekends are Sun/Mon.)

Got to catch up on some videos like DKC. But ... in mean time going to ask, you build up all 3 DKC's enhancements?
I don't see a reason to waste precious Milcrysts on Dark Cannon, so everything but that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
On one hand I want to congratulate the people taking down the robot, on the other "took me 5 hours" was the first time I really questioned of this is the game for me LOL!

Mipcgamer

Lol yeah, I was watching Twitch and had lunch while tickling Aigaion. Also browsing this thread of course.

Had nothing else to do and, after two hours... It was personal!

On one hand I want to congratulate the people taking down the robot, on the other "took me 5 hours" was the first time I really questioned of this is the game for me LOL!

To be fair, this is ultimate endgame content that just wasn't tuned properly to respect most players' time. It only took me 15 minutes. (Yes, that's because I had Fry.) That's not bragging by any means. It's just that, 6 months from now, after you've gotten X characters and Y TMs, you'll be able to beat it in that timeframe too.

I don't know if it's any consolation or not, but the rewards from the battle were pretty lackluster, honestly. Genji Blade is way more useful, imo.

jnWake

Joining the late Gilga train!

image.png
image.png

Team:
- WoL: Taking hits like a champ. Also equipped with Gaia Blade to block the earth attack whenever he could.
- Ling: Crucial role, refreshing MP for the team like a champ. She also attempted to break Gilga's MAG during the battle but I wasn't too lucky with the 50% break resist lol.
- D. Fina: Thundaga and Waterga to cover two of Gilga's most dangerous attacks. For some reason she was targetted on the 3 tresholds which was kinda funny and worrying.
- Gilgamesh: Trust nobody not even yourself. Covered Wind, Fire and Light.
- Y'shtola: Healing machine. Used Protectga/Shellga if she could.

I like taking on these bosses with just my own units so I'm happy I cleared this. I also don't TM farm so my selection is a tad limited but with WoL 6* everything is possible.

Pejo

Just finished Octo Teacher trial. Basically my same plan as before but this time with a wind weapon equipped and no fire weapon on Zarg.

-Zarg (quickly became one of my MVP units). He handled mana regen, dispel, stat buffs, elemental buffs, you name it.
-Rikku. AoE Reraise is just so damn powerful. The effective HP that it gives you is ridiculous. She also did Hyper Nul-All when able and was my Libra caster (almost forgot!).
-WoL. Arms Breaker on Ultros! and The Light is With Us to take some heat off my team. Also he was my wind attacker, so he whomped Typhon every so often.
-Tillith. AoE full heal every single turn. That's all she did. Never had to refill her MP though, so cool deal.
-Friend Fryevia. Damage and occasionally a dispel.

Fry I probably should have chosen differently. She hits SPR which is great for Ultros! but bad for Typhon. Typhon has -50% ice though, so I thought it'd be the best of both worlds. Turns out it just took a really long time to kill Typhon by only using Fry. Ah well.

That was a cool trial. Really complicated when I was reading about it though, so I ultimately ended up just winging it (other than the sneeze prevention thing). Didn't count turns or anything, and nothing bad happened.

With the rewards, Ring of Lucii is at 97.3% and Ace is at 873 MAG. Not a bad night.

Dandte

Sigh another troll Rainbow. We had two banners i wish i had gotten a rainbow but now..urgh.

That's right dupe luneth. Please go away. I already enhanced you and your tmr isn't worth it...also i wanted dkc :( :(

Alkez

I don't know if it's any consolation or not, but the rewards from the battle were pretty lackluster, honestly. Genji Blade is way more useful, imo.

Well that's subjective. Aileen is my main DPS and so these rewards are excellent for her. Her BiS goes from 960 to 1080 thanks to champions belt and Yun's TM.

Ken

Eh, Aileen is still pretty underwhelming though. Maybe if you pull a Prishe in the near future the rewards will be more appealing.

Alkez

Gabranth is a provoke tank and attacker. So you want to stack as much defense as you can because his attacks have a defense as attack mod on them but I assume his attack also factors in so get that as well, lol. You basically rotate his provoke with his other skills to deal damage, keep up his being targeted, and keep his damage reduction going unless you have someone else like Rikku doing it.

I did not see the follow-up video, but now I did and that was great too, lol.

Ah ok. I wish I had 210s TM for the counter heals but I think I should get enough back between Fina and Lunera. Do you know of any ways to increase his LB gain outside of Helena's TM? I can't get the moogle TM now, and Garb can't equip fists. 20 isn't that bad but I don't know if it's low enough for me to get it every 3 turns without innate high tide.

Edit: Hawkeye's TM would have been perfect but he was time limited :(

Xion86

Haha, as said above, the rewards could have been better, but his boss really was end game stuff right now it seems. Was quite an endurance battle for sure. I didn't have Fry or two Aileens (I had one but no decent weapons), so had to find an alternate strategy. It was a fun fight though but really did have some scary moments.

Alkez

[JP] Syntsui your Aranea is absolutely ridiculously lol. When you get 2 magnolia's TM and some wind veritas' TMs she is going to be so insane.

Rinne's TM is great for new/F2P players. I'm hoping I can pick up at least 1 for Sakura but 2 would be great.

Man Onion Knight is so good for me in this raid. The fact he can attack while using a bar-ga spell is super good as it keeps me alive in elite. That coupled with the fact that it's his fire move that boost water defence and Laswell debuffs fire just works perfectly. OK, I underrated you. I'm considering him support dps going forward.

Looking at Gabranth again and I kind of wish they had made his aoe damage mitigation 4 turns. That seems a bit broken but it would have nice to keep a good combo going. Would be easy to cycle 恐れ無き終焉 into 百鬼・秋霜の破邪 for the provoke and damage, into LB, into damage mitigation, and then repeat. Right now I'm looking at using his provoke, then LB, then damage mitigation which I don't feel makes full use of what he does.

Caith1 on Reddit has made 2 really awesome wall papers, felt like sharing over here since not everyone visits both.

http://i.imgur.com/1rdXrwG.jpg done first, called earth shrine out of rats

http://i.imgur.com/S7x4Pn8.jpg group battle against the robot...

Those are pretty awesome.

Syntsui

Yeah, it's crazy how much damage Aranea can deal on her own without being able to chain or finish. Give me a week and she will have more than 1k attack as I'm about to finish Magnolia and Desch.

Give me a month and I'll bench her for a pretty dope Aileen. At very least there is a couple of friend units to chain with her.

Visceir

Eh, Aileen is still pretty underwhelming though. Maybe if you pull a Prishe in the near future the rewards will be more appealing.

You can use equip knuckles materia+the 145 atk knuckles (that also give increased LB fill) and the +50% atk materia on any unit you want.

Saying the rewards from this battle were lackluster is crazy talk.

Alkez

Think I'm definitely going to farm Helena's TM in GL. It seems to good for Rikku imo. I run out of MP with her often because of her lack of innate auto refresh and the LB fill rate boost will be a great addition.

[JP] Thinking my solution to Garb's lack of innate high tide/high tide-esque equipment is to give him a blackbelt. The LB crystals on the opponent's turn may be very useful.

Yeah, it's crazy how much damage Aranea can deal on her own without being able to chain or finish. Give me a week and she will have more than 1k attack as I'm about to finish Magnolia and Desch.

Give me a month and I'll bench her for a pretty dope Aileen. At very least there is a couple of friend units to chain with her.

You not going to run both? What is your current team atm? Basch, Roy, Ayaka, Aranea, Rikku? I've been finding with CG Fina that the need for an extra support unit isn't as high. But I haven't attempted any of the higher end trials *cough* Bloody Moon *cough*.

Mipcgamer

Warrior of Light and Aileen need that :D

Probably have enough for WoL already, but cool to know thanks.

Holy shit I'd kill for that. But it's random what type you get isn't it?

Running stages 8 and 10 of the story event gives you random Guard/Tech/Power/Support crysts. Stages 7 and 9 the other 4 ones.

I've done the event many times now and didn't get a giantcryst just once (two Xons).

Abylim

Probably have enough for WoL already, but cool to know thanks.

Running stages 8 and 10 of the story event gives you random Guard/Tech/Power/Support crysts. Stages 7 and 9 the other 4 ones.

I've done the event many times now and didn't get a giantcryst just once (two Xons).

I only need some technalcrysts and milcrysts, I'm better of just running the chamber aren't I?

Kouriozan

Just lost after two right arms and he started using two genocides a turn. K's emperor could barely if ever survive and therefor my dps got lost most of the time.

May attempt one more time and then give up for now.
Sorry about that, I even gave him my precious HP pots.
I guess BiS Emperors would not survive either since they would have less HP.

Edit : just check my friend list and yes, 900+ MAG Emperors have less HP and SPR than mine :(

Mipcgamer

I only need some technalcrysts and milcrysts, I'm better of just running the chamber aren't I?

I think you get more for your NRG at the story event, big crysts at least. I guess you could compare it against running the Chamber of gems 6 times.

For tech crysts do the last mission "The Romance of Discovery". Bring maxed Xons if you have them and your strongest units.

Respect the bosses and you won't have problems (Safety Bit or Genji Shield recommended).

evangd007

- I feel out of the loop with this thread as I haven't done Aigaion and have no real intentions to do him anytime soon.

- Since I didn't get Tilith, who should I be looking at for a healer? Aria? enhanced Luka? enhanced Garnet? Just stick with Y'shtola? Whale for Ayaka/CG Fina/Eiko?

- I'm at a loss as to what to use my trust moogles on (157% available). I could really use another dual wield, but those are likely to start showing up in Mog King before I pull another Zidane at the rate I'm going. The only upgrades for Orlandu are Black Cowl (+10) and Excalibur (+46), but since he joined the 900 club I feel like I should start building up someone else.

NomarTyme

Sorry about that, I even gave him my precious HP pots.
I guess BiS Emperors would not survive either since they would have less HP.

Edit : just check my friend list and yes, 900+ MAG Emperors have less HP and SPR than mine :(

This wouldn't be a problem if we had this enchancement!
Recover 10% MP per Turn & +30% HP & Cast "リジェネ(オート用)" (ST ~60 HP Heal w/ 1.2x Mod per Turn) & 50% Chance Ignore up to 3 Fatal Attacks when HP above 40%

I think you get more for your NRG at the story event, big crysts at least. I guess you could compare it against running the Chamber of gems 6 times.

For tech crysts do the last mission "The Romance of Discovery". Bring maxed Xons if you have them and your strongest units.

Respect the bosses and you won't have problems (Safety Bit or Genji Shield recommended).

I got Tech Giantcryst 5 times in a row before a support Giantcryst... coincidences? I think not GUMI!

Syntsui

Think I'm definitely going to farm Helena's TM in GL. It seems to good for Rikku imo. I run out of MP with her often because of her lack of innate auto refresh and the LB fill rate boost will be a great addition.

[JP] Thinking my solution to Garb's lack of innate high tide/high tide-esque equipment is to give him a blackbelt. The LB crystals on the opponent's turn may be very useful.

You not going to run both? What is your current team atm? Basch, Roy, Ayaka, Aranea, Rikku? I've been finding with CG Fina that the need for an extra support unit isn't as high. But I haven't attempted any of the higher end trials *cough* Bloody Moon *cough*.
I don't really have a set team yet, these events didn't really demand much strategy other than tanking the hits, doing the damage and healing when necessary. I could do everything without much problem with Aranea, Ayaka, Basch, Lulu and Balthier.

Tackling Gilgamesh with this team and I was surprised how easy it was, thanks to a pretty buffed friend unit. I don't think I'm ready to tackle the other more powerful ones though.

Depending on which TM we get from future events, I'll decide on an ''A team''. Probably Ayaka, Rikku, Basch, Roy and Aileen + friend Aileen. In case I need elemental mitigation I have Yuna warming the bank.

udca

- I feel out of the loop with this thread as I haven't done Aigaion and have no real intentions to do him anytime soon.

- Since I didn't get Tilith, who should I be looking at for a healer? Aria? enhanced Luka? enhanced Garnet? Just stick with Y'shtola? Whale for Ayaka/CG Fina/Eiko?

- I'm at a loss as to what to use my trust moogles on (157% available). I could really use another dual wield, but those are likely to start showing up in Mog King before I pull another Zidane at the rate I'm going. The only upgrades for Orlandu are Black Cowl (+10) and Excalibur (+46), but since he joined the 900 club I feel like I should start building up someone else.

You should definitely focus on making your orlandeau as strong as you can. Paired with another strong orlandeau, you'll be able to do pretty much everything quicker and easier

Kouriozan

Yeah I can't do Aigaion for sure, but that's fine for me.
I feel horribly sorry if anyone tried with my unit and lost though, 4 hours of NRG is not nothing.

Let's hope Ramza's enhancement will finally come soon.

NomarTyme

Y'shtola is fine for now. Aria is going to be really good too, but not worth chasing.

I don't think we gonna get Dual Wield from the mog king for a long time since they just added to the Mog king event recently. Another Dual wield would serve you better with your trust moogles or just save it. Getting Excalibur to Orlandu would also be worth it.

I almost sprung for the 25 dollar bundle, but realized it doesn't have any lapis in there. I don't find the tickets to be worth that much.

Having Rem is nice, but I really need a DPS unit. Firion works wonders as a finisher when fully upgraded.

forgrim

Yeah I can't do Aigaion for sure, but that's fine for me.
I feel horribly sorry if anyone tried with my unit and lost though, 4 hours of NRG is not nothing.

Let's hope Ramza's enhancement will finally come soon.

Another three hour attempt and i did it with your emperor, yayyy.

Essentially had to always have rikkus nullall and lb and emperor wouldn't die. The problem was the last portion after world destroyer, but using Cecil's max lb helped emperor survive if rng didn't have the boss punch him in the head.

Syntsui

I almost sprung for the 25 dollar bundle, but realized it doesn't have any lapis in there. I don't find the tickets to be worth that much.

Having Rem is nice, but I really need a DPS unit. Firion works wonders as a finisher when fully upgraded.
That banner is exactly the same thing as 5000 lapis though. Even better consider you can use them in whatever banner you want.

That banner is exactly the same thing as 5000 lapis though. Even better consider you can use them in whatever banner you want.

Wouldn't percentages be lower though with individual tickets? I never have much luck with tickets. Though the trust moogle and 30% atk makes it a bit more tempting.

Syntsui

Wouldn't percentages be lower though with individual tickets? I never have much luck with tickets. Though the trust moogle and 30% atk makes it a bit more tempting.
The only thing guaranteed on the 11 pull is one gold. The bundle has one 4* ticket and ten 3*. It's exactly the same thing, but you will have the freedom to use them whenever you desire instead of all at once.

You also get the 30% ATK materia, it's a bargain IMO. Oh, and the Moogle, shit I would buy a shit ton of these if I could lmao.

The only thing guaranteed on the 11 pull is one gold. The bundle has one 4* ticket and ten 3*. It's exactly the same thing, but you will have the freedom to use them whenever you desire instead of all at once.

You also get the 30% ATK materia, it's a bargain IMO. Oh, and the Moogle, shit I would buy a shit ton of these if I could lmao.

So the percentage of a ten pull is the same as 10 individual tickets? Though the rest of the deal does sweeten the pot.

bonkeng

So the percentage of a ten pull is the same as 10 individual tickets? Though the rest of the deal does sweeten the pot.

Yep, it's exactly the same. 10 tickets + 1 4* tickets is better than one 5k lapis pull. Since you can choose when to stop pulling. And as you mentioned, the bonus 30% atk materia as well as the 10% moogle and 200 nrg are not bad at all.

Nice deal.

across

As mentioned, 10 normal tickets + 1 4* ticket is exactly the same, rate-wise, as a 5k pull, save that you can split it up as you please.

Just keep in mind that 10+1 tickets = 10+1 lapis pull does not mean 10+1 tickets = 5000 lapis, since lapis can be used for other things and tickets can't.

The value to you, the player, is dependent on a couple things (your rank, if you TM farm, how much you value ATK+30%) but it's probably better than straight buying lapis, though not resoundingly so.

What I'd counsel, if you're on the fence, is to just wait for a good banner (Nier is up next!). There's no duration on the bundle, which means it isn't going away.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looked up some upcoming units...man the Nier Batch is pretty awesome. If i could pull 2B and 9S..man *believe*

Just hit 5k stones again so ill def. be able to do a Multi for the Nier banner. After that ill wait for Akaya? Ayaka ? Whatever she is called lol.
Another three hour attempt and i did it with your emperor, yayyy.

Essentially had to always have rikkus nullall and lb and emperor wouldn't die. The problem was the last portion after world destroyer, but using Cecil's max lb helped emperor survive if rng didn't have the boss punch him in the head.

Forg you a savage.....congrats :eek:
Those rewards are so sweet but im not in position to try it....i rather spend my stamina to just work on Olives TM.

Top Bottom