• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Muku

[JP] Well, first time in a long time I've gotten something kinda cool on daily. Free daily was Orran. I'm happy, but then again I love Tactics. :) Haven't done half daily in a while because of trash. With getting Orran, decided to do one anyway. Another Gold... but Luka. It's okay. She's my first there.

As for DKC, finally just got done watching Valentus video for him. By the way, Valentus, thank you so much for these videos. So good to see what we can look forward to. :)

I see that Soul Eater is a death sentence enhanced. I tend to run my groups right now as a pack of ass kickers. So, he'll tend to run with them unless we're going into some event, raid, or whatever. I am thinking of getting him a Dual Wield. However, would it really be better to Doublehand with him? Or change depending on what I'm doing?

I ask because I got Ace his Tri-Laser Beam to +1 last night. I just gotta get that to +2 now and he will have all of his enhancements. Then I'm thinking about DKC, so I have to figure out what to work on next in terms of TMs. Got ~20% left on Ace's TM, so I'd like to start thinking maybe I'd like to get something for DKC next if I can figure him out.

Rixa

Looked up some upcoming units...man the Nier Batch is pretty awesome. If i could pull 2B and 9S..man *believe*

Just hit 5k stones again so ill def. be able to do a Multi for the Nier banner. After that ill wait for Akaya? Ayaka ? Whatever she is called lol.

Forg you a savage.....congrats :eek:
Those rewards are so sweet but im not in position to try it....i rather spend my stamina to just work on Olives TM.

The heck have you don to deserve that kind of tag? :D
Yea save those Lapis + tix for Nier, its one time deal. Shot and miss :p. I have 23 tix at the moment for Nier and one 4* tix + planning to do 3 multipulls and also that 10+1 ticket we get I use it during Nier banner (not expecting any Nier units be in that pull).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The heck have you don to deserve that kind of tag? :D
Yea save those Lapis + tix for Nier, its one time deal. Shot and miss :p. I have 23 tix at the moment for Nier and one 4* tix + planning to do 3 multipulls and also that 10+1 ticket we get I use it during Nier banner (not expecting any Nier units be in that pull).

All i said was that people comparing Amiibo unlocks to loot/gacha systems with unlimited spending are missing the point in that thread.....got tagged asap lol. They dont want us to win.

Well btt....

Seems like you have saved up some stock...very nice hope you get lucky...i mean you did get Tidus, but overall some of your pulls have been unlucky as well....and we both didnt get Tillith so there is that.

I just wish i had saved up some of the Ticket Rewards for Nier. When they announced it during the FFBE Fan Festa i didnt expect it before the Fall. Do we know if they plan to nerf some units ? Seems like 2B would be too OP for the current Global version.

EDarkness

All i said was that people comparing Amiibo unlocks to loot/gacha systems with unlimited spending are missing the point in that thread.....got tagged asap lol. They dont want us to win.

Heh, I saw that and I'm glad I stayed out of that thread. I don't think those things are even close to the same thing, but I guess others do.

I just wish i had saved up some of the Ticket Rewards for Nier. When they announced it during the FFBE Fan Festa i didnt expect it before the Fall. Do we know if they plan to nerf some units ? Seems like 2B would be too OP for the current Global version.

I burned damn everything trying to get Tidus and I got him, but that didn't leave much room for anything else after that. Then they announced the Nier banner...that sucked. I don't think I'll be able to get 2B, but I hope I can as I've saved up almost 30 tickets and an have enough lapis for one 11 pull. I doubt the FFBE Gods will have mercy on me, but all we can do is try. I also hope they don't nerf them or their TMRs. I'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off people if that happens.

cw_sasuke

Olive is at 74% right now. Should be done by the end of the month if the next event gives us a way to get a TM Moogle + the Monthly Arena reward.

Heh, I saw that and I'm glad I stayed out of that thread. I don't think those things are even close to the same thing, but I guess others do.

I burned damn everything trying to get Tidus and I got him, but that didn't leave much room for anything else after that. Then they announced the Nier banner...that sucked. I don't think I'll be able to get 2B, but I hope I can as I've saved up almost 30 tickets and an have enough lapis for one 11 pull. I doubt the FFBE Gods will have mercy on me, but all we can do is try. I also hope they don't nerf them or their TMRs. I'm sure there will be a lot of pissed off people if that happens.

Right decision...there is always some fuckery going on in those Switch threads lol.

Best of luck to you too....i know chasing a base 5* i always crazy for f2p people but at least the other units like 9S seem also quite useful.

I wonder though, can 2B also be used as a chainer or is she "just" a finisher ? I already have Gilgamesh, Firion and working on Olive...dont know if i should go for another Finisher this soon again.

Well who am i kidding ill use everything i have on that Nier banner...lol.

Celegus

Halfway to Adventurer III so far, woohoo! I can't even imagine how nuts Fryevia's going to be once people start getting Adventurer V, it's perfect for her.

Rixa

Heh :).

I think in some video (or Fan Festa) they said they wont nerf Nier units and will bring few more units.
Maybe Double Rainbow (rip) and one in Raid gacha. But those units and their rarities are only guesses.

Prototype

If I use limits/ summons with a companion unit, does it still count towards my total usage on my account? Just curious, as I'm grinding the story event for awakening mats and spamming limits and summons as I go through to get my numbers up for the trophies.

robotuw

Halfway to Adventurer III so far, woohoo! I can't even imagine how nuts Fryevia's going to be once people start getting Adventurer V, it's perfect for her.

Isn't her BiS Letters of Arms? Why would replacing it with 10% less magic work? Is the extra single 40% attack boost worth it? I could see 4 Adventure V's making a huge difference since that's +160% atk and mag but it's going to be a year before anyone has that.

tuffymon

I too hope the Rng gods are with me that day, I've saved for a long time and have been mostly patient >.>; (used 48 tickets getting zarg) My current savings are 55 tickets, 3x 4*, and 47k lapis... my body is ready.

Muku

Good luck to everyone wanting 2B. :3

Free summon is until 28th, correct? Would that include Nier for that last day it's up? I may do dailies. I'll probably end up getting 2B because I don't care about her. Happened with WKN and Yun. x_x
Please Kami-sama, don't let that happen. I don't want to take it from someone who really wants her.

forgrim

So someone who hasnt been following nier collab, why is it so good? 2B is an amazing finisher? 9s is a...?

I think i might need to focus on a powerful healer considering the pains i went through clearing aigaion with refia.

tuffymon

So someone who hasnt been following nier collab, why is it so good? 2B is an amazing finisher? 9s is a...?

I think i might need to focus on a powerful healer considering the pains i went through clearing aigaion with refia.

Tm's are a major part of it, another is limited time waifu's, and 2B is pretty strong as well.

cw_sasuke

You beat the Trial with Refia ? :eek:
Tm's are a major part of it, another is limited time waifu's, and 2B is pretty strong as well.

lol

Visceir

Mainly just want two 9S units for his TMs as it's one of the best in game and very unique in what it offers. Unit itself is very useful too -- -50% MAG/SPR break skill, -50% ATK/DEF break skill and then -/54% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR, 100% Chance to Virus on LB. I'm sure by now everyone knows how valuable high% breaks are.

Adam was a free unit from raid with a good (20% hp materia) TM that you could get multiple of.

2B is generally overrated by the GL crowd, got the waifu factor going for her and has highest atk katana as her TM.

+Exciting new untis in the form of A2 and Eve.

robotuw

2B's has decent finisher and chain moves and falls right through most machines (+200% native killer bonus). Also comes with native dual wield for the heck of it. Her TM is a 130 atk katana with +20%mp. That aside, her main appeal is probably waifu.

9S on the other hand is the support king to Rikku's queen. His LB is a guaranteed virus on top of a 30-54% full break. He's got 30% group damage mitigation on demand, 50% breaks, 50% imperils, dodge, and counter. His TM is ridiculous with a 40% phys damage mitigation that stacks with his own 30%, 100% treasure hunter passive, a 3-turn curaga, and a 8-hit 300% attack that can turn any character into a decent chainer.

21O's TM is Noctis' counter heal that makes him so annoying in the Arena, plus a bonus 15%SPR/HP.

All that, and they are all limited units so there's little reason not to try and get a couple 9S' at the least.

We don't know about Eve or A2 yet either, but they might be good as well.

NomarTyme

Mainly just want two 9S units for his TMs as it's one of the best in game and very unique in what it offers. Unit itself is very useful too -- -50% MAG/SPR break skill, -50% ATK/DEF break skill and then -/54% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR, 100% Chance to Virus on LB. I'm sure by now everyone knows how valuable high% breaks are.

Adam was a free unit from raid with a good (20% hp materia) TM that you could get multiple of.

2B is generally overrated by the GL crowd, got the waifu factor going for her and has highest atk katana as her TM.

+Exciting new untis in the form of A2 and Eve.
21O TM is pretty bad ass too.

機械仕掛けの心 [Materia]
+15% SPR/HP & 30% Chance to counter Phys/Mag with:
Self: 800 Base + 1x Mod Heal

Syntsui

Two 9S, everything else will be a bonus. Unless they make the new units very good, there is little reason to chase a waifu no one will share in two weeks.

robotuw

Their stuff was datamined and you can probably guess who gets what skills.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6oek2n/gl_maint_quick_peek_720/

We were discussing in Discord yesterday and A2 seems like she has the ATK passives of a rainbow so rip double 5*.

No surprise there. It would be a very pleasant surprise if they gave a 5* physical attacker as a raid reward but I suppose Gumi know's what they're about and will just do a double rainbow banner. Fuck you Gumi, but I'm still going to pull unless A2 is actual poison.

Kouriozan

9S TM has 40% physical damage mitigation, stack with regular ones, has a 300% move that chains really well (and treasure hunter for the placebo higher cryst drop :p)
21O TM has counter heal that makes WoL with Light is with us really happy.

Syntsui

That healing TM is overrated IMO, I'd rather equip my team with proper defensive items and let the bard do bard things and Tilith do Tilith things.

It will be free so whatever I guess lol.

Visceir

That healing TM is overrated IMO, I'd rather equip my team with proper defensive items and let the bard do bard things and Tilith do Tilith things.

Sounds about right, no one really talks about it on JP anymore.

At most it might get your healer some free turns and I guess GL might be at a place where good free defensive materias are still uncommon, so the +15% SPR/HP is pretty good in itself.

RedZaraki

Banned
ROBOT TRIAL!
You'll get caught up in the
ROBOT TRIAL!
( enter bass line )
Huh
ROBOT TRIAL!
You'll get up in the
ROBOT TRIAL!
Huh
ROBOT TRIAL!
ROBOT TRIAL!
ROBOT TRIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Kouriozan

Well if you like self imposed challenges or solo trials, it'll be amazing.
Someone made/is making all trials with FF 5 units and I love it (JP)

At most it might get your healer some free turns and I guess GL might be at a place where good free defensive materias are still uncommon, so the +15% SPR/HP is pretty good in itself.

That's the woes of all limited stuff x)

I figure I have had 80+ pulls since anniversary (including the 5* guaranteed), notable pulls are Rikku, Wilhelm, Rasler, ilias, and Helena.

A lot of terrible golds, no rainbows and a shit ton of Vaans...

Kinda wish I had saved for Nier (but I really thought it would come further in the fall)

Xion86

Just checked how many tickets I have saved up...113! (Plus a Guaranteed 4*). I'll be blowing them all at once when we eventually get Cloud ;),

Been just doing more of the story today and taking it easy, especially after yesterday's crazy Aigaion fight. Hopefully finish the story tomorrow. Really need to focus on boosting my Gil and Crysts up now too.

mAcOdIn

I have like 19 slots open if anyone wants to add me.

Usually run a max lvl Noctis, sadly only 762 ATK, RNG Gods haven't been kind to my aside from pulling Noctis himself.

Celegus

9S on the other hand is the support king to Rikku's queen. His LB is a guaranteed virus on top of a 30-54% full break. He's got 30% group damage mitigation on demand, 50% breaks, 50% imperils, dodge, and counter. His TM is ridiculous with a 40% phys damage mitigation that stacks with his own 30%, 100% treasure hunter passive, a 3-turn curaga, and a 8-hit 300% attack that can turn any character into a decent chainer.
Holy crap. I've only really known about his TM, I didn't realize he was that good himself too. No wonder people keep saying go for 2 of him. I'll definitely try for that and maybe a rainbow will pop up on the way - if not, no big deal. Sounds like he's the main prize, so I don't even mind if the GL exclusive is another 5* instead of a (probably worse) 4* lowering chances of getting 9S.
Isn't her BiS Letters of Arms? Why would replacing it with 10% less magic work? Is the extra single 40% attack boost worth it? I could see 4 Adventure V's making a huge difference since that's +160% atk and mag but it's going to be a year before anyone has that.

Wouldn't the 40% atk make up for the 10% mag lost since her skills are hybrid? Even if not, I would gladly trade 10% mag for 40% spr/def. Was trying to think who these Adventurer materias would benefit the most and she came to mind.

Kouriozan

Yeah for a moment I thought Charlotte was 4* base, it's just because I had an hard time to get her. We probably still are 2 months away from Charlotte/Hayate 6*

Shouta

No one talks about it because it's become a standard, go to TM. It's an extremely good, as in almost stupid levels, a tank TM because it frees your healer up to do other things if your tank is only taking damage. It's so good, they integrated it Basch's skill set but only for physical attacks.

RedZaraki

Banned
Finished TMR farming Rikku's Pouch, Brotherhood, and an Arsha's Talisman this weekend.

Starting work on my multitude of Ingus' for Letters and Arms.

Probably use them for the Moon Trial, should they finish by then. Don't have Freyvia, but Trance Terra can use them.

tuffymon

Probably use them for the Moon Trial, should they finish by then. Don't have Freyvia, but Trance Terra can use them.

Ughhhh... Robot was a long drawn out battle of attrition... but moon trial? I'll have to pass up, I don't have anything viable for that fight at this time >.>;

greyshark

Wouldn't the 40% atk make up for the 10% mag lost since her skills are hybrid? Even if not, I would gladly trade 10% mag for 40% spr/def. Was trying to think who these Adventurer materias would benefit the most and she came to mind.

Unit calculator shows a slight increase in hybrid damage going from L&A to Adventurer V.

Top Bottom